• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

_Rob_

Oh god please don't quote the image on the next page I will have nightmares from it

http%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2017%2F08%2F17%2F15%2F35%2F170817_legosnake_sp.jpg

You must Lego of your fears!

mclem

Snake not on top techniques.

Not sure if it's venemous or a constrictor, but if it's the latter, it'll have quite a bit of clutch power.

Woorloog

Banned
If i order something from shop.lego.com, can i order from other country than my own?
I ask because Finnish prices fucking suck. Consider Saturn V, 140€ in Finland, 120€ in Germany. Even if there are shipping fees, i'd still win i can order from Germany.

Not sure i will order Saturn V. It is cool, i'm interested in rockets, but i figure my Lego shopping will be limited to TLJ Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter this year at most (more likely i'll just wait for a sale on that anyway). But in principle, if i were to order it...

If i order something from shop.lego.com, can i order from other country than my own?
I ask because Finnish prices fucking suck. Consider Saturn V, 140€ in Finland, 120€ in Germany. Even if there are shipping fees, i'd still win i can order from Germany.

Not sure i will order Saturn V. It is cool, i'm interested in rockets, but i figure my Lego shopping will be limited to TLJ Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter this year at most (more likely i'll just wait for a sale on that anyway). But in principle, if i were to order it...

Unfortunately, unless you have a postal forwarding service, I don't think so.

There's been a few times where the Great Britain site has had awesome deals, but when I try to ship to the USA, there's no options for it. It seems like they have their billing/shipping fixed to whatever country the site is for.

Woorloog

Banned

There's been a few times where the Great Britain site has had awesome deals, but when I try to ship to the USA, there's no options for it. It seems like they have their billing/shipping fixed to whatever country the site is for.

Ah, figures. Were it otherwise, they'd probably just unify the pricing to prevent people from doing that..

A local store sells common Legos for prices that are far better than what shop.lego.com has but all special sets (UCS, Ideas, etc.) sell for far, far more than even inflated official prices are.
Makes getting special sets a tad difficult.
(I reckon it is pointless to wait for a sale for Saturn V. I mean, it is never stocked as it is, why would it be put on sale?)

Wish they'd make Soyuz rocket and spacecraft sets, probably the most interesting looking rocket there is in common use.

Nope, and Lego doesnot accept postal forwarding services too. A friend of mine tried it, the system allowed the order but it was cancelled a few hours later, he received an email saying sorry it was not allowed. You must have a personal address in the country you are buying from. Fortunately for me I have some friends in US.

ghostmind

Nope, and Lego doesnot accept postal forwarding services too. A friend of mine tried it, the system allowed the order but it was cancelled a few hours later, he received an email saying sorry it was not allowed. You must have a personal address in the country you are buying from. Fortunately for me I have some friends in US.

And they've blocked shipping to depots in recent years, even with a residence in that country.

Woorloog

Banned
How much will that Falcon be in Canadian like a 1000 bucks?! please god have mercy of us Canucks

How much typical Lego sets cost in Canada compared to US prices?

I'm expecting it the MF to cost 1000€+ (maybe 1100€) in Lego's site here in Finland (direct 1=1 conversion plus 25% extra or more). Can't be that bad in Canada...

Ponn

Banned

Choo Choo!! Another nice christmas freebie set. The figs aren't very unique, especially the blue torso with purple scarf. They are giving you three figs in that box though so not going to complain, I will just say they all shop at the same store in town. I also wanted another conductor type fig for my WV Train so thats perfect.

Choo Choo!! Another nice christmas freebie set. The figs aren't very unique, especially the blue torso with purple scarf. They are giving you three figs in that box though so not going to complain, I will just say they all shop at the same store in town. I also wanted another conductor type fig for my WV Train so thats perfect.

Is it the freebie or the seasonal scene set?

Yoshi88

Okay, after being out of Lego since childhood (aside from games) the Ninjago City Set put me over the edge, and i can't wait to get my hands on it tomorrow when i come home! :)

Looking forward to collecting the Creator modular city sets, too. I love them, they're adorable.

Now on to putting together a compendium of links, blogs and tutorials. OP is great, but do you guys have a comprehensive overview of trading, moc sites, blogs etc. to follow and keep an eye on for an ex-TFOL turned AFOL (in English and German)?

Rootbeer

Banned
Obi-Wan's hut would be a great start, in terms of new set ideas anyway.

They better do a new Yoda's hut someday soon too

Hit LEGO store today. Picked up the $5 sand baseplate and a few misc things I was missing to score the cave man promo.

Now to patiently wait for Force Friday II

ghostmind

Obi-Wan's hut would be a great start, in terms of new set ideas anyway.

They better do a new Yoda's hut someday soon too

Hit LEGO store today. Picked up the $5 sand baseplate and a few misc things I was missing to score the cave man promo.

Now to patiently wait for Force Friday II

Yoda's Hut is scheduled for December, but it's not a very large set.

Rootbeer

Banned
Oh, I knew I remembered hearing that rumor...

Well, I don't need (or even want, honestly) for it to include an X-Wing again this time. But I'd like a hut that can open/close. Hope it can at least do that much. Or am I gonna have to buy two of them like the most recent Mos Eisley to build my own?

leaks, please!

A new day, a new bag, a new minifigure, a newly baked croissant for Kai to be angry at.

This bag had the first stickered piece of the set. First time applying a sticker to an expensive set... and I kinda fucked it. Probably won't look too bad on the finished model but if I'd applied it any lower it would have gone off the end of the piece. Oh well, never mind.

iuuk

I used to be jealous of all the deals you guys got in America, but after spending €46 on LEGO I had absolutely no interest in until they were this cheap I'm kind of relieved we don't get these deals more often. €46 is not a lot of money, but what if we got these kind of deals more often...

But hey, got a speeder bike you guys have been raving about out of it, so at least there's that;

Now to decide if I'll build them or keep them as a 'possibly sell when I need more LEGO-money' sort of backlog.

Gero

Because of this thread, I was able to discover Modular sets from the Creator line. I have gotten 2 now and I'm looking into buying 3 more down the line. Before, I used to only buy Star Wars. Not interested in the Falcon though and the new Star Wars sets don't interest me either...

so what do y'all do with the boxes? i am moving here in a week and... i dont know what to do with them. i wanna keep them but also they take up a lot of room.

so what do y'all do with the boxes? i am moving here in a week and... i dont know what to do with them. i wanna keep them but also they take up a lot of room.

Yeah, I just get rid of them. Lego already takes up a lot of space, no need to take up more. Also Im in houston which is basically roach central. Dont want to attract any.

I used to be jealous of all the deals you guys got in America, but after spending €46 on LEGO I had absolutely no interest in until they were this cheap I'm kind of relieved we don't get these deals more often. €46 is not a lot of money, but what if we got these kind of deals more often...

But hey, got a speeder bike you guys have been raving about out of it, so at least there's that;

Now to decide if I'll build them or keep them as a 'possibly sell when I need more LEGO-money' sort of backlog.

BUILD THE SPEEDER BIKE! Thank us later.

Because of this thread, I was able to discover Modular sets from the Creator line. I have gotten 2 now and I'm looking into buying 3 more down the line. Before, I used to only buy Star Wars. Not interested in the Falcon though and the new Star Wars sets don't interest me either...

First off, welcome to the hole that is the Modular series. Once you are in, you are in for good.

As for buying Star Wars and not wanting the new Falcon? WHA!?
Let's see if your tune changes once it is officially revealed. :)

I was saving them for the longest time, but they started taking up so much room. I just recycle them now. Its just cardboard to me. I have no plans on selling my sets later so not much reason to keep them for me.

The boxes for the big collector sets can add quite a lot of value down the line. I at least collapse mine, or they would take up a ridiculous amount of space.

Any smaller set I just recycle.

mrkgoo

Ok, finally got around to putting together 31066 Space Shuttle Explorer, and thought I'd share some opinions.

The build is mostly straightforward - about the only really interesting part is the back part where they have the three main boosters angled on technic pieces, and the block that holds the tail fin has some sideways brick building held by both studs and a clip - and the final tail fin is somewhat interesting in that it's also SNOT and held by clips.

Other than that, the rest is mostly an exercise in solid building. I personally like it a lot, as it's clean and looks good, if a little unexciting.

A few downers for me:

No landing gear (not sure if such a space shuttle has them or not) - probably couldn't really be helped, but I always appreciate them, even if it's just little stands.

The main section that opens up is a large 12-stud long curved panel, but it's only held by two single stud-wide clips at each end, lending to a sort of flimsy opening mechanism. This could've easily been reinforced with some 1x1 clips, I think.

The satellite does not retract into the main body without taking it off the technic arm. This is really stink. I would'v much preferred someway of having it fold in and close. That said, the minifgure does fit into the cockpit if you removes his jet pack, and you can actually fit the jetpack into the main body also.

Overall, I do like it - and personally, I think it would make a FANTASTIC lego MOC-contest set - it has a ton of great parts, technic pieces, SNOT, hinges, clips, wheels, those curved panels....seems like ti would lend to some really cool ideas. Not to mention, it has a cool mini figure that can get in on the action.

I'm happy with it, but probably helped by the fact I got it at 30% off.

Not interestsd in Falcon? Blasphemy! I cast the first brick upon you. Just kidding.

This thread is bad if you want to limit your LEGO purchases.

Ponn

Banned
For the sake of my crippling fear of snakes can we please hurry and get to a new page?

For those getting the UCS Falcon do you plan on taking your time building it and savoring it or are you going to try and knock it out in a day?

Osahi

Where did you order those? The Netherlands or Belgium? Those are great prices!

I feel you. Here in Belgium prices are generally 10 to 20% higher than in France and especially Germany. Baffles me why sometimes (probably taxes + transport?). I order a lot from amazon.de because of that, as they have the retail sets often even below the official price and ship to Belgium for free. That doesn't cover D2C sets you can only get at Lego and selected retailers though, so for those I often wait on double VIP. I often pondered of just driving to France (there is a French Lego Store an hour and a half drive away from where I live), but haven't done it yet.

An other option I've contemplated a lot is ordering in Portugal, as I have a place there. Thing is, I'm never there for more than a week and I just don't dare to risk the package arriving early or late. :/ Ninjago CIty costs 299 there. Over here it's 329...

For the sake of my crippling fear of snakes can we please hurry and get to a new page?

For those getting the UCS Falcon do you plan on taking your time building it and savoring it or are you going to try and knock it out in a day?

But it's such a nice, little deadly snake? (I hate snakes too). At first I thought it was Wetwireds pet snake he had in his picture in stead of his foot. :p

Haines

Banned
Man I've been working crazy overtime for weeks that I haven't found the time to do any Lego aside from messing around with the bucket with the kiddos

Holidays next week so def going to clean up a few sets.

willp2003

I don't think I could actually build it in a day! Depending on when mine gets delivered, I've taken the week off, so should finish it over a few days, and then have a stiff neck and sore fingers for a week!

Top Bottom