• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Well I got put back in hospital following my tuberculosis (yes, really, should have been impossible as I'd had my TB jab as a kid), but the music plays on. And ibar has access to it ALL ...

Another exclusive Mustard Pimp mix for you all:

http://www.zshare.net/download/525887985a267108/

EXTRAORDINAIRE !

Mustard Pimp - Le Mothership exclusive mixtape

TRACKLIST

1)Mustard Pimp - RER B (Gare Du Nord Edit)(Instrumental)
2)Mustard Pimp - RER C (Versailles Rive Gauche Edit)
3)Mikix the Cat - Freeze
4)Designer Drugs - Back Up In This
5)Tittsworth - WTF (Nadastrom Remix) (Stretch Armstrong Edit)
6)Hostage - Lighter
7)A1 vs Rusko - Cockney House
8)Favretto Feat. Naan - Whats Your Name (Congorock Remix Radio Edit)
9)The Count and Sinden - Hardcore Girls (HeavyFeet Remix)
10)NickY - Super Tuesday
11)Fckn Crew - Woin Woin Believe
12)Fckn Crew - carnage
13)Stereo Heroes - Poundcakes (Promo Version)
14)Mustard Pimp vs Stereoheroes - Shark Spray
15)S.P.A. - Pets dance
16)Mustard Pimp - RER D (Villeneuve Triage Edit)
17)Mustard Pimp - RER E (Pantin Edit)

And check out the autoKratz video on ibar's Facebook, AMAZING:

http://en-gb.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=54668651096

Enjoi! =)

Andy

head.jpg

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Well as it's technically tomorrow in the UK, HERE YA GO ... :D

FlyKKiller - Guilded Splinters (GS novelist Dub 1a)
http://www.zshare.net/audio/5270807296b84642/

FlyKKiller is Stephen Hilton's (David Holmes & The Free Association) side-project, and they are AMAZING and totally unique. He also worked on the soundtrack for Quantum Of Solace.

This track is the dub mix of the first single off the debut album due out next year, and you are literally the FIRST people to hear it. I haven't even had a chance to put it up on ibar's musicplayer yet! =)

You can watch the live performance @ ibar of the album version with vocals here, which was STUNNING. Her vocals and performance are really something else:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=32249261096

LOVE 'EM.

FlyKKiller_EIVL_small_front.jpg

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
FUCKING AWESOME! Thank you for this!

Glad you like it! They are AMAZING, and the best thing to come out of France since Daft Punk, Digitalism, Justice et all.

'09 will be BIG for Mustard Pimp. They are working with some VERY big names ... ;)

Keep an eye on them:

http://www.myspace.com/mustardpimp and they are also on Facebook, with links to more of their mixes.

=)

Gav

Just spotted this thread now.
I will be raiding it when i get home this evening.

Nice one Nash!

miyuru

What's your connection with Mustard Pimp?

I like how all their tracks are like the lines of the Paris and area metro haha.

Dartastic

Um, I know this isn't exactly the place, but I made my first song ever. I made it in Reason. It's in the G.A.M.E. 4.0 thread but since nobody is responding, I might as well post it here. So, since it's my first real song I'm basically looking for some feedback. How to make it better and whatnot. How to not suck. How to make the K key on my keyboard work 100% of the time. Not really on that last one. Anyway. RIP HER APART. http://soundcloud.com/dartastic/this-shit-be-less-rough-g-a-m-e-4-0

Besides that, <3 Mustard Pimp. All of my friends do too. However... I'm gonna throw something else out there. Alaska in Winter. Sweetness. Not quite the same as the stuff that's being posted in the thread, but still awesome. http://www.myspace.com/alaskainwinter

btkadams

Nash said:
Ah, that's better!

Good to see you =)
good to see you too! hope you are on your way to a speedy recovery. nice thread, downloading the mix now and obviously added the thread to my subscriptions hours ago.

dartastic, don't worry i havent gotten comments on mine either. everybody's nearing the end of exams right now so expect more comments and replies in the thread in a week.

Dartastic

btkadams said:
good to see you too! hope you are on your way to a speedy recovery. nice thread, downloading the mix now and obviously added the thread to my subscriptions hours ago.

dartastic, don't worry i havent gotten comments on mine either. everybody's nearing the end of exams right now so expect more comments and replies in the thread in a week.

Link it up and I'll take a listen!

Nash said:
The A1-Bassline remix is BIG :D

Fuck yeah it is. I just popped into their MySpace Sunday night and holy fuck did I love that mix.

PS. I'm back from the Justice thread. Subscribed for realz.

DOUBLE EDIT: Holy shit, Andy. Get better from that TB plague!

Here're some of the upcoming names from the Danish scene. Most of them are being meassured against Trentemøller, which is understandable since he has connections with many of the projects and probably shares a similar inspirational source. But each artist still has their own unique sound which deserves to be weighted by itself.

Mike Sheridan
3f84fe2baf434624bce101d06a2b9b57_sheridan1.jpg

Saw him warm up to a concert this summer and was quite floored by his sound. His recently released is very mature, and he's hailed as the next Trentemøller here in Denmark. Which is quite amazing considering that he's only 16.

Mike Sheridan feat. Frida - Stilhed

Mike Sheridan - Alt & Intet

Mike Sheridan ft. Maya Albana - Med små skridt

523CADEDEBA75132E040010A0B065552.jpg

Lulu Rogue
dj_lulu_rouge.jpg

Lulu Rouge - Bless You (Trentemøller remix)

Lulu Rouge - Sweeter than Sweet

lulu-rouge-bless.jpg

Veto
Veto_CrushingDigits.jpg

Their second album from this summer was excellent. They changed their sound to be much more electronic, while still keeping some quality rock melodies and a killer voices from the front singer.

Veto - Digits

Veto - Unite

Veto - Blackout

886972894171.jpg

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
BlueTsunami said:
Best thread on GAF <3

Cheers man!

High praise indeed coming from you! :D

I just got fed up of really good stuff flying under the radar as it were, so thought it as time to harness the power of the internet to do some good for these people!

Music is my radar, as Blur would say ...

Roll on the reunion gig in '09!

Blur back together will be the BEST. THING. EVER.

FACT.

=)

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
A taste of Deck'ard!

Check out any of the tracks listed here, all good stuff ... =)

Next set this Friday @ THE WIRED, at ibar of course. With the very wonderful Your Boyfriends Are DJ's.

Bring on my Jesus decks + mixer (Korg Kaoss <3)

:D

DeckardWMD.jpg

btkadams

Dartastic said:
Link it up and I'll take a listen!
its in my GAF profile as my homepage. i feel guilty getting you to comment on mine though when i haven't had a chance to comment on yours or anyone's in a while. im going to go on later today and comment though.

holy crap nash, so much music to go through now lol. downloading it all. i really enjoyed the mustard pimp mix, still have to listen to the rest.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
btkadams said:
holy crap nash, so much music to go through now lol. downloading it all. i really enjoyed the mustard pimp mix, still have to listen to the rest.

My pleasure! Glad you liked it, Mustard Pimp will be BIG in '09.

The more people who get to hear the stuff in this thread the better. The explosion in electronic music at the moment is a result of the Internet revolution and bedroom DJ's/producers being able to get their work out there and heard easily. And internet people are obviously more tech-orientated and open to electronic music, and with the explosion of the internet and things like Facebook it's quite easy now for them to push things into the mainstream.

Fidget House is already crossing over with Herve and others, then next things coming through will be Techstep (more techno heavy Dubstep) and Nu Disco (WONDERFUL) ...

All of it that I have permission to give out will be posted in this thread of course =)

Gav

Ok, i actually love this thread.

Thats all really.... Oh, and just agreeing that the Mustard Pimp mix is amazing.

Wes

venison crêpe
Going down a slightly different electric route than has been heavily discussed so far but I am in love with Little Boots, Florence and the Machine and Empire of the Sun. Next year should be big for them.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Nash said:
Fidget House is already crossing over with Herve and others, then next things coming through will be Techstep (more techno heavy Dubstep) and Nu Disco (WONDERFUL) ...

All of it that I have permission to give out will be posted in this thread of course =)

Yeah, Nu Disco is breaking in a BIIIIG way... Been hearing a lot of this in the opening stages of SOS sets. Tensnake, Prins Thomas, Aeroplane... all getting huge.

I need to check out Mustard Pimp, is it French electro style? The sharing sites are blocked at my job unfortunately :(

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
djtiesto said:
Yeah, Nu Disco is breaking in a BIIIIG way... Been hearing a lot of this in the opening stages of SOS sets. Tensnake, Prins Thomas, Aeroplane... all getting huge.

I need to check out Mustard Pimp, is it French electro style? The sharing sites are blocked at my job unfortunately :(

Mustard Pimp are from France, but Fidget House is more of a UK thing (Fake Blood, Machines Dont Care, Switch, Trevor Loveys ...). It's also referred to as 'Wonk', and has very wonky basslines.

It's a VERY good sound, and sounds completely different like Justice's stuff did when Waters Of Nazareth first came out.

Fake Blood (Touche) is the undisputed GOD of fidget. Just check out literally anything he's done, whether his own stuff or remixes, it's all literally PERFECT. His Little Boots remix is VERY special.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
The ibar DJ Collective (aka bleep.)'s first tracks! From 2004! :D

-

Look what I found while resurrecting my Apple G4 Cube!

Way back when ibar only existed in my head, and was yet to be made a reality:

bleep. > Deck'ard - Ohmmm
http://www.zshare.net/audio/53062675dddfe9ee/

Literally the first (and only) part of my track. So very early, and VERY rough - the lead synth was going to be replaced with a lovely one from my Micro Korg, so ignore the harshness of the placeholder one.

But! I WILL finish this, I can still remember how the rest of it was meant to go ... =)

bleep. > eXILe/Mr. Benn/Deck'ard - T.W.A.T. (The War Against Terror)
http://www.zshare.net/audio/53062709d9c7c891/

... with a little help from Chris Morris ;)

-

bleep. will be back with a VENGEANCE on ibar Records in '09 ...

Top Bottom