• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony reveals new PSN store

leng jai

Just make it faster. The current store is so fucken slow I wouldn't be surprised if there was a significant amount sales lost because people just couldn't be bothered.

Tratorn

Welp, that makes the update useless to me.

Eye candy is nice and all but priority should be to improve something that is unusable/broken.

They improved it a lot (if its working like in the video). The store was slow and had bugs (f.e. not showing content/pictures in some cases).
Also you can see more information, like the size of the downloads.
It really isn't just eye candy. ;)

Robso

Does this update also include requiring all PSN games to have demos like on the Xbox 360? Because that's still the biggest issue I have with the PlayStation Store compared to the Xbox Live Marketplace and one that I think is grossly overlooked.

This is one thing I still really want. Derrick the Deathfin is the latest I'd like to try a demo of.

Doing this would increase sales so I don't see why it hasn't happened.

This is one thing I still really want. Derrick the Deathfin is the latest I'd like to try a demo of.

Doing this would increase sales so I don't see why it hasn't happened.

Because there's absolutely no proof that it'd increase sales? If anything, there's decent arguments that they actually hurt sales. Plus it'd cost developers a lot more time and money.

thiscoldblack

Unconfirmed Member
My only wishes are that they make it faster to navigate/buy and that they add previews (screens or videos) for every single item. Is it really that difficult to accomplish after 6 years online?

Aeonitis

Neo Member
I'll have to keep trying I guess. Sorry for making a subject change guys... I must be doing something wrong since my PSN fails, along with steam too. Glad it works for you guys :) Your debit cards European by any chance?

I want bigger icons PSN!!! (I can see it being Vita Bubbles >_<)

I assume you mean for EU?

edit: just checked my EU account (UK) store and it isnt up for me.

Do you have a UK IP address as well?

First impressions: Not impressed. It's fairly unresponsive, scrolling is insanely slow (good luck going all the way down your download lists...) and I'm encountering a lot of errors.

MaxSanson

Neo Member
Got in in Australia this morning

Definately looks nicer, takes a bit longer start up though
No change to download list that i can tell, still not able to sort or search it (cmon sony i have 600 things to look through)

Also tried to buy unfinished swan and could not due to errors (maybe just launch stuff)
Difficult to say whether this is an overall improvement, certainly asthetically

One nice thing is that if you go on to a games store page it shows you all the related DLC and videos

Nice touch

Just tried to add money through the SEN site so that I could then buy Unfinished Swan without adding any money but apparently my card is invalid, despite the fact that it was working just a couple of weeks ago. I can only assume they've completely screwed things up while switching over to the new store.

Shancake

LIve for me in AUstralia too.. It's definitely 100 times better for content discovery.. It seems a bit laggy to scroll through content though.

I bet they screwed up, scheduling its launch for a specific time without taking into account our time zones. It'd explain why nothing works.

Tratorn

Buying it much more of a pain now.

Add to cart -> proceed to checkout -> Checkout -> Confirm purchase ->Download

Sounds awful...
Now they can at least prove how fast they can change the store like they said.
Shouldn't be too hard to implement a "download now"-button again...

Auskeek

It's on my Australian account, but I just tried with my UK and US accounts and they go back to the old store.

I'm really fond of the search function so far.

A few problems
-Slow
-Too many steps to downloading free stuff
-Game DLC for some games isn't accessible on the interface (or at least I'm not able to find it).

Top Bottom