• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man... I was up in the air over this one, but after reading some of the impressions here (especially the Witcher 3/MGSV comparison) and a few of the reviews, I'm picking this up day 1. Which is crazy, since I never do that.

bwakh

I saw a local news channel in Pakistan mention Horizon Zero Dawn's impending release and stellar reviews as the closing of primetime news at 9 o'clock. Although this was around the time the review embargo broke.

SomTervo

Simply Games: The Disappointening

Every time I've ordered from them in the past I've got games a few days early. Usually I would have had Horizon in my hands on Saturday or maybe even Thursday/Friday last week.

Haven't even had a dispatch notification yet :( paid extra for express shipping, too. At this point I may as well have bought from my local ma n pa store on Wednesday.

OrochiJR

The hype is real, I just broke down and ordered the limited edition of the game. Should be here by tomorrow. But I still have barely begun Nioh and get the Switch with Zelda on friday. :/ Too many great games coming out this year.

Joey Ravn

Banned
I have the game pre-loaded. Digital Deluxe Edition.

The themes and the art book that come with it unlock at the same time as the game. What in the actual fuck.

forms

I do mean Bloodborne, yes. It's only a limited comparsion, though. Combat is a very much it's own thing, but dodge timing is really crucial in a way that puts me in mind of fighting Vicar Amelia: those attack animations are lengthy, dodging too soon will mean you get hit by the tail end of the attack.

It's really good and the hitboxes are tight.

I was interested before....certainly getting it now. :D

Tyaren

The hype is real, I just broke down and ordered the limited edition of the game. Should be here by tomorrow. But I still have barely begun Nioh and get the Switch with Zelda on friday. :/ Too many great games coming out this year.

The Limited Edition is super pretty with ist packaging and the steelbook. I really liked it. The art book is a bit thin...but what's in there really makes jumping into the game and looking for it even more exciting.

Can't we add the Limited Edition to the first post as well?

27521821175_fba7601a00_b.jpg

Melchiah

I have the game pre-loaded. Digital Deluxe Edition.

The themes and the art book that come with it unlock at the same time as the game. What in the actual fuck.

It's usual with digital bonus content.

It would be greatly appreciated, if you could let us know tomorrow whether the digital art can be accessed outside of the game, and transferred to PC.

Midas

I hate Sony so much for putting the PS4 logo on the steelbook case. Just like they did with The Last Guardian.

bigol

Honestly besides the fact you have to roll to evade the attacks of machines i see no similarities at all with Bloodborne.

Floody

I hate Sony so much for putting the PS4 logo on the steelbook case. Just like they did with The Last Guardian.

The picture I saw doesn't seem to have it, it was all on the sleeve, be disappointed if that's not what it actually looks like.

Edit: actually I might be confusing it with just a poster, because all the promo stuff have it on both.

Double edit: not a poster, was thinking of this art book, which is in a similar style.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1785653636/?tag=neogaf0e-20

iFirez

Got this on US PSN, so going to wake up tomorrow morning and play before work and then dive a good 5-6 hours in every night after work too. Trying to cram as much in before Zelda and the Switch on Friday.

Tomeru

The official title is without colon, yeah.

The Terminator 2 Judgement Day is also without colons in posters and in the movie. It is divided by a line, and Horizon is in big while Zero Dawn is in small letters. The colons are implied.

Great OT... just a little thing..

The game is called

Horizon Zero Dawn.

not

Horizon: Zero Dawn.

It's more

Horizon
Zero Dawn

suedester

Banned

Every time I've ordered from them in the past I've got games a few days early. Usually I would have had Horizon in my hands on Saturday or maybe even Thursday/Friday last week.

Haven't even had a dispatch notification yet :( paid extra for express shipping, too. At this point I may as well have bought from my local ma n pa store on Wednesday.

I got my despatch notification this morning. Should arrive tomorrow morning.

danowat

Banned
Has there been much talk about what the actual title means?

Is it just that humanity is on the "horizon" of a new "dawn"?, I would imagine "zero" is as in year zero?

bombshell

The Terminator 2 Judgement Day is also without colons in posters and in the movie. It is divided by a line, and Horizon is in big while Zero Dawn is in small letters. The colons are implied.

The colon might be implied, but it's not in the official title that's all. Evidence: PS Store listing and press material.

Is it just that humanity is on the "horizon" of a new "dawn"?, I would imagine "zero" is as in year zero?

It's supposed to make sense in the game's story, so I think it's spoiler territory for now.

My CE is arriving at work today. My boss mentioned I needed to take a day off and I think tomorrow would be the perfect day for that.

Tomeru

The colon might be implied, but it's not in the official title that's all. Evidence: PS Store listing and press material.

Can't argue with that, lol. Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Ttilogy is without colons as well. The colons are not a mistake though. Many games on the store has no colon on the front wording, but have colons in the product name.

wapplew

I'm guessing zero dawn means no more day light.
3.5 hours to go!

I screwed up and didn't preorder the CE off Amazon Prime for a cool $95. I have the regular edition preordered but I want that steelbook..I will monitor the stock today and hopefully it becomes available again.

wapplew

So all will become apparent then!

I would ask what makes you arrive at that conclusion, but I'd imagine we are approaching spoiler territory as said above.....

First reveal trailer, Aloy said the old ones, darkness came, something along the line, so I guess zero dawn is the apocalypse ground zero.

SomTervo

I got my despatch notification this morning. Should arrive tomorrow morning.

Nice.

Fingers crossed on my end. I wouldn't be bothered if I hadn't laid down £5 extra for Express Courier Shipping. Seems like a bit of a joke that I've heard nothing even though I paid extra. Last time I did that I got the game the week before.

Another reason I really don't like the title. So totally obscure. Like if you read that on a piece of paper you'd have no idea what is being talked about. Obviously this goes for countless works but usually you can derive a sense of something through the name. Not so with HZD imo.

They wont ship a Wednesday release till monday. If you went next day, your not getting the game till Wednesday, those who went regular will get it dispatched today.

SomTervo

They wont ship a Wednesday release till monday. If you went next day, your not getting the game till Wednesday, those who went regular will get it dispatched today.

When I ordered MGSV from them first class I got it on the Friday before the Tuesday release.

When I ordered No Man's Sky with the Express delivery option, I got it on the Saturday before the Tuesday release.

On paper you're right and obviously it's their prerogative, but in practice they seem to prefer to just get stock out the door asap.

Ryne

For people who has played the game, how does it feel to aim with the controller? I'm not good at all with aiming using a controller, thus why I don't play shooting games on consoles.

I fear my lack of skill will take away the enjoyment of the game for me, ending up with the game on the shelf.

vivekTO

Nice.

Another reason I really don't like the title. So totally obscure. Like if you read that on a piece of paper you'd have no idea what is being talked about. Obviously this goes for countless works but usually you can derive a sense of something through the name. Not so with HZD imo.

Finish the game and than comeback to your post again!!

Tomeru

For people who has played the game, how does it feel to aim with the controller? I'm not good at all with aiming using a controller, thus why I don't play shooting games on consoles.

I fear my lack of skill will take away the enjoyment of the game for me, ending up with the game on the shelf.

Smooth af. There is some minor aim asist in there, but you'll have to put in some effort to hit where you want. It's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom