• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adam Sessler talks to Chris Charla about ID@Xbox

TheQuaker

Banned
The reason why you haven't seen interviews with Sony is because they aren't putting their representatives out there. Sessler stated in a tweet that they tried to reach out, but Sony didn't have a "suitable" spokesperson at PAX.

Apath

As stated, they don't have anybody for him to interview. Maybe Sony thinks that shouting "Suped up Playstation!!" is all they need to get people to buy. A little bit of that Sony arrogance creeping back in ;)
They are the hardcore gaming community's golden cow right now. Probably more like they're content with their image and don't feel the need to put themselves into the spot light any chance they can get.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
The reason why you haven't seen interviews with Sony is because they aren't putting their representatives out there. Sessler stated in a tweet that they tried to reach out, but Sony didn't have a "suitable" spokesperson at PAX.

Wasn't Adam Boyse at PAX? If so then sick burn by Sony on their own :(

I see.

I can't think of anything more I want clarified on the PS4 so I don't feel like I'm missing out. The rest of the info is probably coming from Shu posts on twitter, blog posts and TGS.

I remember Charla from the Next Generation days. That magazine was awesome, so much more mature, respectable take on video games in an era of kiddified Game Pro and EGM crap. The magazine just felt good too, like they used higher quality paper or something.

He seems like a good fit to lead this program because NG was all about treating games as serious mature art.

tensuke

The recent interview with Boyes was good enough for Sony-Publisher-Developer relations, all you needed to know IMO that Sony has no problem with this kind of thing. MS needs more interviews because there has been so many changes and confusion about their policies.

Anyone else think that Charla looks like Mozzie from White Collar?

Haha, thought the same thing!

jayu26

probably because adam was doing something else and couldn't make it to do it with sessler. he should have asked for skype chat with grace chen instead.

Albert Panello made him wait for 20 minutes due to traffic. Grace Chen would make him wait whole day. Why? Because Grace Chen time.

I kid, I kid.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Had a phone interview with Chris Charla once. Didn't get the job. :(

Ark

So when is Sessler going to interview some Sony people for once?

No one is getting Sony interviews from what I can tell. The Eurogamer interview with Adam Boyes seems to be one of the few that have happened lately. Yoshida seems to be filling the rounds for interviews in magazines and the like.

hipbabboom

probably because adam was doing something else and couldn't make it to do it with sessler. he should have asked for skype chat with grace chen instead.

I missed the whole Grace Chen boat and what made her famous (not sure why I think of the "Deal with It" meme when I see her name though). I think I was around for the some of the Jade Raymond and Cammie Dunaway hate... sigh, internet was pretty mean to them :(

hipbabboom

No one is getting Sony interviews from what I can tell. The Eurogamer interview with Adam Boyes seems to be one of the few that have happened lately. Yoshida seems to be filling the rounds for interviews in magazines and the like.

Probably trying not to let to many people speak about the same topic to many times less they end up like MS a couple of months back.

I missed the whole Grace Chen boat and what made her famous (not sure why I think of the "Deal with It" meme when I see her name though). I think I was around for the some of the Jade Raymond and Cammie Dunaway hate... sigh, internet was pretty mean to them :(

She's the director of PlayStation Store. lol.

we spent a while trying to find a picture of her and someone posted a video of her doing a walkthrough during one of the PSN STORE redesign. but she just became the go to person when the store doesn't update "on time".

hipbabboom

She's the director of PlayStation Store. lol.

we spent a while trying to find a picture of her and someone posted a video of her doing a walkthrough during one of the PSN STORE redesign.

OH.....

oh....

....>_>

Metzhara

Yup, it's gotten annoying now. I lost a lot of respect for him from his whole God of War overreaction and have lost the rest in the last few months with his constant defense of MS. I don't watch anymore of his videos. It wouldn't be so bad if he didn't actually claim he is unbiased which is just BS, it's clear where his bias is.

I can't say this is the reason or that I've personally seen any bias, but it not be surprising that Sessler is more on the side of MS. Not to stoke a fire, but he's admittedly not a "gamer" necessarily, meaning that while his job revolves around the industry, he is casual about his wanted participation of it. I think it's possible he sees Microsoft's attempts to bridge these two worlds very refreshing. It could be that he's taken a larger interest in the WHOLE of the MS strategy, which is not exclusive to gaming but involves gaming in multiple facets. I can't speak for him but his own words would lend credibility to this.
It would not mean he's "On the Take" but offering probably the most REFRESHING opinion on the topic. Say what you will about Sessler (and I do) he at least asks very interesting questions and is respectful to the people he is interviewing. Most persons who interview have an agenda (either they're immensely pro or anti) and it is apparent in their interviews. In this case, I find Sessler has had open dialog with some persons you would expect him to be against and he's come out with some fairly balanced interviews.
For that alone I respect him. I DO NOT always agree with his views, but his views when he's on his Soapbox do seem different than when he's interviewing. And isn't that how ti should be? Let us have the information THEN formulate an opinion.
We need MORE of that... in LIFE.
-Adam

Anyone else think that Charla looks like Mozzie from White Collar?

Mozzie_White_Collar.jpg
lol Kinda but I get a Micheal Scott vibe from him. He actually looks like he's holding a Breath Savers in his mouth.

Seems like a cool enough guy though and very excited about what he does.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Isn't loco published by MS?

And I still say waiting until Gamescom was a terrible idea (assuming they are telling the truth and it wasn't another 180). By publicly denying self-publishing around E3, they gave more positive press to Sony. By keeping a number of notable indie developers (Lanning, Blow, Fish) in the dark, they garnered further negative press around their platform and delayed development of many projects past the launch window.

I can't think of any way that this was a good thing for anyone except the developers of the handful of xbla games releasing this year, who have less competition (but may face a smaller userbase).

MS are either idiots, or liars. And as I don't like to accuse people of being liars, I can only assume they are idiots.

If they 'had lots to talk about' then at e3 they would have said 'we have lots to talk about - watch this space'

And what's with wholesale pricing combined with a 70/30 split? That's a little odd. You have no control over the margin MS makes.

Although it would be interesting if that model extends to all publishers. Might give more leeway for sales vs a 'publisher sets retail price with rev share' model

Top Bottom