• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saber Interactive bringing Shaq-Fu: A Legend Reborn + other games on Switch

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
http://nintendoeverything.com/shaq-...tch-along-with-other-saber-interactive-games/

Shaq-Fu: A Legend Reborn is in development for Switch. That’s according to Saber Interactive CEO Matthew Karch, who revealed this information to Nintendo Everything in a recent interview.

[...]

We should note that Saber Interactive has other Switch titles on the way. First up is NBA Playgrounds, which lands on May 9. Karch also told us that Switch will be receiving “a new motocross title”. Finally, Saber Interactive is planning a new four-player co-op shooter (not the upcoming Quake) “that is a candidate” for Switch as it would be “perfect for the platform.”

Foul me out if old.

Magwik

Banned
New Four Player co-op shooter?

Guess there's an answer for that other thread.
Code:
[IMG]http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/nintendo/images/9/93/Metroid_Prime_Federation_Force_%28NA%29.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160304061429&path-prefix=en[/IMG]

ASaiyan

Banned
Shaq came to my uni for a talk once and when I asked him and his agent when this game was coming out the agent replied, "We're confident about September 2015."

SHAQ LIED, PEOPLE CRIED

Brofield

That 4 player co-op shooter piqued my interest, but I'm still intrigued for Shaq-Fu 2

Mostly confident in it as I have not donated a single penny to the kickstarter, but I certainly hope it succeeds in all it sets out to do and then some

Akai__

Saber Interactive are good peeps. Absolutely love what they have done with Halo CE and 2 Anniversary.

Just imagine what a Metroid Prime Anniversary would look like from them. Hnng. :O

soultron

Banned
The first Shaq Fu was a festering trash heap. (source: I owned it on Game Gear.) I still cannot understand how the sequel got funded.

EDarkness

The first Shaq Fu was a festering trash heap. (source: I owned it on Game Gear.) I still cannot understand how the sequel got funded.

Heh, it was bad back then, but ended up being some kind of cult classic for some reason. Maybe this will be better than the original. Not that it would take much to do that. I remember getting a review copy of that game long time ago and decided not to review it and sent it back. It was bad. Many years later, I can see the novelty...I guess.

nynt9

It's like The Room. So bad it's hilariously good. And Shaq is lovably goofy so people put money into SF2 when he announced that he'd be putting his weight behind it. Enough people in on the joke paying for it means it gets funded.

Whether or not this ends up a good game I'm just happy to see more developers and publishers excited about releasing games on the Switch. I'm already looking forward to NBA Playgrounds and I'm interested in seeing the shooter they want to port.

I never played the original Shaq-Fu btw. But I did play the Michael Jordan sidescroller for the SNES. I don't remember that being any good either but I remember it being at least a little better than the original Shaq-Fu looks today.

El Sabroso

so... they just carried the project to the new company name, right ?

eOuHzmX.png

Apparently anyone who bought Playgrounds on Switch will be getting Shaq-Fu for free to apologize about lack of online play at launch

MAPLEWOOD, N.J. – June 1, 2017 – As a heartfelt thanks to the patience of its community, independent developer Saber Interactive has announced that anyone who purchased the recently released NBA Playgrounds on Nintendo Switch™ prior to a pending update which will bring online play functionality to the game will receive a free copy of Saber’s Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn on Nintendo Switch when it launches this fall.

“We had every intention of launching online play for NBA Playgrounds on Nintendo Switch within days of release, but, despite our best efforts, it didn’t play out that way,” said Matthew Karch, CEO of Saber. “We sincerely apologize for the delay and want to let everyone know the fix will be coming very soon. But words are cheap, and games are not. So we’re giving everyone that bought NBA Playgrounds on Nintendo Switch before the online play patch hits a free copy of Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn on Switch when it is available this fall to express our gratitude.”

Saber will have further details to reveal in the future about how eligible NBA Playgrounds owners on Nintendo Switch will receive their free copy of Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn on the Switch when it releases.

Saber has been interacting closely with the NBA Playgrounds community to release title updates for all platforms that reflect player interests. The first update is now live for PC and PlayStation®4, and will be live for Xbox One and Switch within days. 15 new players have been added, including Isaiah Thomas and Dennis Rodman, and Shaq can now be played with the various teams from his career. Challenge Mode, which allows players to challenge each other to online matches, has been added to the PlayStation®4, Xbox One and PC versions, and will be added to the Nintendo Switch version once online play is live. Other additions include a new connection manager, which monitors the connection of players during ranked matches and penalizes disconnections from games that are made to avoid losing. Saber has also tweaked the entire shooting system, reworking the timing and adding a meter while clarifying the UI.

Saber’s focus going forward will be giving players new ways to compete with online tournament functionality, and dozens of new players will be released shortly.

Kenstar

Did this trailer REALLY fucking dissed the original? Way to bring confidence in me, and put yourself at such a shitty bar.

Already hate this game for not appreciating the legacy. I loved the original btw, and think this looks like your generic Unity scroller.

haha the 'legacy' of that garbage game shaq-fu?

The game is out, and is currently 100% off on the US eShop. Yes, it is currently free. Not sure if this is a mistake, but downloading it now.

Top Bottom