• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

SF BayGaf : Page 70
thezerofire
(05-19-2017, 09:54 AM)
yeah the amount of native SF people is very low

I mean, think of when the last time you've ever seen kids around in SF. it isn't a place to have a family, at least as of now
M52B28
(05-19-2017, 04:21 PM)

Originally Posted by thezerofire

yeah the amount of native SF people is very low

I mean, think of when the last time you've ever seen kids around in SF. it isn't a place to have a family, at least as of now

Yeah, now it is not a place to have a family. My parents were about to move into a huge house in SF near Sunset when I was born, but they decided not to. I kind of wish they did. Oh well.
broz0rs
(05-19-2017, 07:39 PM)
I remember reading about this random news about how actress Eva Longoria sold her 5 bedroom estate in the Hollywood Hills for $1.4 mil late last year. Today I'm reading about these new 2 bed, 2 bath, 1200 sqft condos overlooking the GG bridge that sold for $2 mil a pop. Crazy
i3allistic
(05-19-2017, 08:08 PM)
native San Franciscan ...moved out to Oakland, unless your old money or fortunate to have buy a house before the boom, yeah...native San Franciscan are low ....i still work in the city and more and more i hate coming out here too work....it just not the same anymore ...and Oakland just feels right for me ....and i get questions alot from people in the city on how's living in Oakland because there curious and thinking about moving out there themselves ....S.F. just becoming too damn expensive and people attitude are just too damn ugly.....
Last edited by i3allistic; 05-19-2017 at 08:14 PM.
M52B28
(05-19-2017, 08:09 PM)

Originally Posted by broz0rs

I remember reading about this random news about how actress Eva Longoria sold her 5 bedroom estate in the Hollywood Hills for $1.4 mil late last year. Today I'm reading about these new 2 bed, 2 bath, 1200 sqft condos overlooking the GG bridge that sold for $2 mil a pop. Crazy

My family friend sold his Redwood Shores house for 1.5m back in 2009.

Want to know the thing that sucks. He was single and was getting up there in age and the house became a bit too much for him to handle. My dad recently told me that he was going to allow for my brother and I to move in and live there as long as we helped take care of it. Could be living there right now.
opticalmace
(05-19-2017, 08:49 PM)
About the housing talk, I'm currently hanging with some relatives but I'm not looking forward to finding my own place in a few (hopefully) months time. Looks like I'll have to be looking near Campbell ish to find some half decent rent.

I'm here for a 2 or 3 year contract and then we'll probably move back up to the pacific northwest.
M52B28
(05-20-2017, 12:07 AM)

Originally Posted by opticalmace

About the housing talk, I'm currently hanging with some relatives but I'm not looking forward to finding my own place in a few (hopefully) months time. Looks like I'll have to be looking near Campbell ish to find some half decent rent.

I'm here for a 2 or 3 year contract and then we'll probably move back up to the pacific northwest.

I want to move upwards, but I'm not sure how many design based jobs they'll have up there.
Giant Robot
(05-20-2017, 01:19 AM)

Campbell can get pretty expensive too. Pretty desirable in most areas of Campbell.
thezerofire
(05-20-2017, 01:44 AM)

Originally Posted by i3allistic

native San Franciscan ...moved out to Oakland, unless your old money or fortunate to have buy a house before the boom, yeah...native San Franciscan are low ....i still work in the city and more and more i hate coming out here too work....it just not the same anymore ...and Oakland just feels right for me ....and i get questions alot from people in the city on how's living in Oakland because there curious and thinking about moving out there themselves ....S.F. just becoming too damn expensive and people attitude are just too damn ugly.....

I love Oakland, the people just seem better
opticalmace
(05-20-2017, 01:58 AM)

Originally Posted by Giant Robot

Campbell can get pretty expensive too. Pretty desirable in most areas of Campbell.

Really? Shiet. What's the cheapest place within reasonable driving distance of Mountain View?
broz0rs
(05-20-2017, 02:47 AM)

Really? Shiet. What's the cheapest place within reasonable driving distance of Mountain View?

parts of SJ that borders Campbell are okay. I'd go for Santa Clara
Crayon
(05-20-2017, 06:32 PM)
There's a place called Blossom Bee in Dublin about 10 minutes off of 680. You can order a green curry crepe there. Haunts my dreams.
AcridMeat
(05-20-2017, 07:27 PM)
I still enjoy parts of SF, but man it is so dependent on who you're with. I haven't been a fan of the city overall in years.

Originally Posted by thezerofire

I more mean like, is there anybody north of SJ? Like actual SF, or Oakland, or Berkeley? Feeling like there's no "SF Bay" it's all SJ and it's weird.

Originally Posted by AcridMeat

North bay brah, pass through the city daily for work.

Nelo Ice
Nelotard
(05-20-2017, 08:19 PM)

Originally Posted by Crayon

There's a place called Blossom Bee in Dublin about 10 minutes off of 680. You can order a green curry crepe there. Haunts my dreams.

I've been there twice for breakfast crepes. Looks like next time I'm in the area I'll have to try that green curry crepe.
hateradio
The Most Dangerous Yes Man
(05-22-2017, 05:29 AM)
I was in SF yesterday in traffic and I missed LA so much. 😢

I hate SJ. I know that I would have to move in a year, because I just can't live in suburbia. 😩
i3allistic
(05-22-2017, 06:28 PM)
Anybody here was in the Marshawn Lynch Bike ride over the weekend?
Jpop
(05-23-2017, 04:45 AM)
How have I just now started going to Berkeley so much better than SF.
TurtleSnatcher
(05-26-2017, 10:19 AM)
So... I now live in your city. Just moved here from Vancouver.

Where do I live? I've been looking at places around SoMa. Kinda like the area by the Metreon and it is close to work. I don't have a car and spent the first couple days here signing up for all the car share companies. I need to sign up for ZipCar and Enterprise still but ZipCar sends your card to your billing address and I still have another address for my billing address and won't be able to update it until next month when I get a permanent place :\

Either way, I also got a Clipper card and started to use MUNI a little. Felt a bit confused and I'm draining my battery on my phone like no other due to needing to seek out maps and routes but things seem to be good.

Any must have apps I should get to help out in SF? Currently staying around Rincon Hills area which is dead as hell during the evenings but I do like the area and the apartments around here are super nice w/ great views of the Bay Bridge. They are just... expensive :P

PS: Posted back in February and asked about neighborhoods. Thanks for the wonderful advice back then!
Last edited by TurtleSnatcher; 05-26-2017 at 10:32 AM.
thezerofire
(05-26-2017, 09:17 PM)

Originally Posted by TurtleSnatcher

So... I now live in your city. Just moved here from Vancouver.

Where do I live? I've been looking at places around SoMa. Kinda like the area by the Metreon and it is close to work. I don't have a car and spent the first couple days here signing up for all the car share companies. I need to sign up for ZipCar and Enterprise still but ZipCar sends your card to your billing address and I still have another address for my billing address and won't be able to update it until next month when I get a permanent place :\

Either way, I also got a Clipper card and started to use MUNI a little. Felt a bit confused and I'm draining my battery on my phone like no other due to needing to seek out maps and routes but things seem to be good.

Any must have apps I should get to help out in SF? Currently staying around Rincon Hills area which is dead as hell during the evenings but I do like the area and the apartments around here are super nice w/ great views of the Bay Bridge. They are just... expensive :P

PS: Posted back in February and asked about neighborhoods. Thanks for the wonderful advice back then!

Transit is the best app for telling when a train/bus is actually coming. If you're going to live in SF proper I'd highly recommend getting a Bart/Muni pass.

As for places to live, I'm a fan of Lower Haight and Potrero Hill
wenis
Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
(05-26-2017, 11:59 PM)
You should download routesy. it's a pretty sweet app, I've been using it for years now.
CherryWoodFuton
(06-13-2017, 01:54 AM)
Just got a job offer at El camino hospital in Los Gatos. Problem is I am moving to the city in October

Is that commute going to be hell? For reference I will be working 11p-7a
broz0rs
(06-13-2017, 02:28 AM)

Originally Posted by CherryWoodFuton

Just got a job offer at El camino hospital in Los Gatos. Problem is I am moving to the city in October

Is that commute going to be hell? For reference I will be working 11p-7a

No, You don't have to worry about traffic at those hours. It's going to be a breeze. Even the 101 in SF won't be that bad.
CherryWoodFuton
(06-13-2017, 08:41 AM)

Originally Posted by broz0rs

No, You don't have to worry about traffic at those hours. It's going to be a breeze. Even the 101 in SF won't be that bad.

Nice...btw Bay Area pays nurse a hell of a lot of money I had to double take on my base hourly that they gave me

Also who's going to the parade on Thursday? Oakland GAF meetup???
Auron_Kale
Santalope
(06-13-2017, 09:08 AM)

I'll be probably taking Bart from Dublin to Oakland. Need to see the route to decide where I'm gonna camp.
hateradio
(06-13-2017, 09:18 AM)

Nice...btw Bay Area pays nurse a hell of a lot of money I had to double take on my base hourly that they gave me

Parade Thursday?
M52B28
(06-13-2017, 09:35 AM)

Originally Posted by hateradio

Parade Thursday?

The Warriors won the NBA Finals/Championship game yesterday night, so there will be a parade in Oakland to celebrate. I wish I could participate, but I'm out of town.
AcridMeat
(06-14-2017, 04:18 AM)
Wish I could go D:

Still can't believe where the Warriors have gone and what they've achieved these last several years.
CherryWoodFuton
(06-14-2017, 05:33 AM)
I work graveyard Wednesday night so going from Palo Alto to Oakland after work ain't happening
Auron_Kale
Santalope
(06-15-2017, 01:54 PM)
Good morning from the end of the line (Lake Merrit & Lakeside):

otapnam
(06-15-2017, 02:55 PM)
Barting in now. Trying to decide if we catch em downtown and just stay there n drink vs the insane crowds by the convention center
AcridMeat
(06-15-2017, 03:22 PM)

Originally Posted by Auron_Kale

Good morning from the end of the line (Lake Merrit & Lakeside):

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!
Auron_Kale
Santalope
(06-15-2017, 04:29 PM)
Crowd's grown since the last photo and keeps getting bigger:

Edzi
(06-20-2017, 09:39 PM)
Anyone going to MagWest? Not sure what to expect, but I really want to go even if none of my buddies can make it.
Nelo Ice
Nelotard
(06-21-2017, 01:41 AM)

Originally Posted by Edzi

Anyone going to MagWest? Not sure what to expect, but I really want to go even if none of my buddies can make it.

Never heard of it but hmm just looked it up and I may go if I can drag some friends to go since id be driving from east bay.
GamerJM
(06-21-2017, 01:57 AM)
Oh shit, I did not know about MagWest. Definitely gonna go, I've always wanted to go to Magfest.
hateradio
(06-21-2017, 04:44 AM)

Originally Posted by Edzi

$55? That's kinda steep for a first time event, even if it's for three days.
CherryWoodFuton
(06-21-2017, 10:45 AM)
SF pride!!!!

This is my first parade experience...Should I prepare my body for this???
HP_Wuvcraft
(06-21-2017, 09:24 PM)

Originally Posted by hateradio

Parade Thursday?

wait what

I go to Hamilton on Thursday.
thezerofire
(06-21-2017, 09:49 PM)

Originally Posted by HP_Wuvcraft

wait what

I go to Hamilton on Thursday.

last thursday
HP_Wuvcraft
(06-21-2017, 10:55 PM)
But what's this:

SF pride!!!!

This is my first parade experience...Should I prepare my body for this???

M52B28
(06-21-2017, 11:09 PM)

Originally Posted by HP_Wuvcraft

But what's this:

It's the SF Pride festival on Sunday.
hateradio
(06-22-2017, 02:46 AM)
I think I'm going to SF Saturday and maybe Sunday.
HP_Wuvcraft
(06-22-2017, 03:44 AM)
I'd like to see a Pride Parade. This would be my first.
Soma
(06-22-2017, 03:52 AM)
i'm sure my friends will take me out bar hopping in the Castro like last Pride.

it was fun despite being expectedly crowded!
CherryWoodFuton
(06-22-2017, 04:14 AM)

Originally Posted by Soma

i'm sure my friends will take me out bar hopping in the Castro like last Pride.

it was fun despite being expectedly crowded!

Dude Q bar has $1 well drinks on Mondays

Bye bye liver
M52B28
(06-22-2017, 05:22 AM)

Dude Q bar has $1 well drinks on Mondays

Bye bye liver

Noted for future reference 😍

Edit: I'm not gay, but I may still go if I'm in the mood. I've never been to gay bars in SF, though I've been to some in other states. I've heard they're quite different in demeanor, but I can't personally know.
HP_Wuvcraft
(06-22-2017, 07:06 AM)
Wait, I get Hamilton AND Glow tomorrow?
TurtleSnatcher
(06-22-2017, 09:48 AM)
So found a place in SoMa/South Beach that I am moving into this week. Pretty happy as I got a lot of concessions so the price per month prorated down is pretty good. Will it be like that next year? Nope but good for now and I'm happy. It has amazing views of the Bay Bridge/Downtown and is a few blocks from the Embarcadero.

thezerofire
(06-22-2017, 07:28 PM)

Originally Posted by M52B28

Noted for future reference 😍

Edit: I'm not gay, but I may still go if I'm in the mood. I've never been to gay bars in SF, though I've been to some in other states. I've heard they're quite different in demeanor, but I can't personally know.

I'd just like to note here, and not saying this is your intention at all but just as a heads up, this is not a time to go to a gay bar to sight see, or to pick up women. There might be other straight people around but there probably won't be many. It's an environment where LGBT people are celebrating themselves. I'd highly recommend going with some LGBT friends if you can.

It is super fun and super packed, and expect to wait to get into almost any bar in the Castro
M52B28
(06-22-2017, 08:41 PM)
Not my intention at all. I just saw the cheap drinks. I don't go to bars to try and pick up.