• TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

SF BayGaf : Page 70
NullPointer
#INTESTINAL
(05-19-2017, 08:16 AM)

Originally Posted by cpp_is_king

That's certainly possible. At the same time though, go to sfgate pretty much any day of the week and you can find "10 Things only a true San Franciscan would know!" or "Top 25 places to eat in the Bay area" (hint: every single one is in SF for some reason).

I've only been here for ~10 years, but I definitely get a sense that people from the city prejudge you based on whether or not you are from the city.

As somebody who has lived here 42 years, most people aren't from here. There's no good reason to hold that against anybody.
thezerofire
(05-19-2017, 09:54 AM)
yeah the amount of native SF people is very low

I mean, think of when the last time you've ever seen kids around in SF. it isn't a place to have a family, at least as of now
M52B28
(05-19-2017, 04:21 PM)

Originally Posted by thezerofire

yeah the amount of native SF people is very low

I mean, think of when the last time you've ever seen kids around in SF. it isn't a place to have a family, at least as of now

Yeah, now it is not a place to have a family. My parents were about to move into a huge house in SF near Sunset when I was born, but they decided not to. I kind of wish they did. Oh well.
broz0rs
(05-19-2017, 07:39 PM)
I remember reading about this random news about how actress Eva Longoria sold her 5 bedroom estate in the Hollywood Hills for $1.4 mil late last year. Today I'm reading about these new 2 bed, 2 bath, 1200 sqft condos overlooking the GG bridge that sold for $2 mil a pop. Crazy
i3allistic
(05-19-2017, 08:08 PM)
native San Franciscan ...moved out to Oakland, unless your old money or fortunate to have buy a house before the boom, yeah...native San Franciscan are low ....i still work in the city and more and more i hate coming out here too work....it just not the same anymore ...and Oakland just feels right for me ....and i get questions alot from people in the city on how's living in Oakland because there curious and thinking about moving out there themselves ....S.F. just becoming too damn expensive and people attitude are just too damn ugly.....
Last edited by i3allistic; 05-19-2017 at 08:14 PM.
M52B28
(05-19-2017, 08:09 PM)

Originally Posted by broz0rs

I remember reading about this random news about how actress Eva Longoria sold her 5 bedroom estate in the Hollywood Hills for $1.4 mil late last year. Today I'm reading about these new 2 bed, 2 bath, 1200 sqft condos overlooking the GG bridge that sold for $2 mil a pop. Crazy

My family friend sold his Redwood Shores house for 1.5m back in 2009.

Want to know the thing that sucks. He was single and was getting up there in age and the house became a bit too much for him to handle. My dad recently told me that he was going to allow for my brother and I to move in and live there as long as we helped take care of it. Could be living there right now.
opticalmace
(05-19-2017, 08:49 PM)
About the housing talk, I'm currently hanging with some relatives but I'm not looking forward to finding my own place in a few (hopefully) months time. Looks like I'll have to be looking near Campbell ish to find some half decent rent.

I'm here for a 2 or 3 year contract and then we'll probably move back up to the pacific northwest.
M52B28
(05-20-2017, 12:07 AM)

Originally Posted by opticalmace

About the housing talk, I'm currently hanging with some relatives but I'm not looking forward to finding my own place in a few (hopefully) months time. Looks like I'll have to be looking near Campbell ish to find some half decent rent.

I'm here for a 2 or 3 year contract and then we'll probably move back up to the pacific northwest.

I want to move upwards, but I'm not sure how many design based jobs they'll have up there.
Giant Robot
(05-20-2017, 01:19 AM)

Campbell can get pretty expensive too. Pretty desirable in most areas of Campbell.
thezerofire
(05-20-2017, 01:44 AM)

Originally Posted by i3allistic

native San Franciscan ...moved out to Oakland, unless your old money or fortunate to have buy a house before the boom, yeah...native San Franciscan are low ....i still work in the city and more and more i hate coming out here too work....it just not the same anymore ...and Oakland just feels right for me ....and i get questions alot from people in the city on how's living in Oakland because there curious and thinking about moving out there themselves ....S.F. just becoming too damn expensive and people attitude are just too damn ugly.....

I love Oakland, the people just seem better
opticalmace
(05-20-2017, 01:58 AM)

Originally Posted by Giant Robot

Campbell can get pretty expensive too. Pretty desirable in most areas of Campbell.

Really? Shiet. What's the cheapest place within reasonable driving distance of Mountain View?
broz0rs
(05-20-2017, 02:47 AM)

Really? Shiet. What's the cheapest place within reasonable driving distance of Mountain View?

parts of SJ that borders Campbell are okay. I'd go for Santa Clara
Crayon
(05-20-2017, 06:32 PM)
There's a place called Blossom Bee in Dublin about 10 minutes off of 680. You can order a green curry crepe there. Haunts my dreams.
AcridMeat
(05-20-2017, 07:27 PM)
I still enjoy parts of SF, but man it is so dependent on who you're with. I haven't been a fan of the city overall in years.

Originally Posted by thezerofire

I more mean like, is there anybody north of SJ? Like actual SF, or Oakland, or Berkeley? Feeling like there's no "SF Bay" it's all SJ and it's weird.

Originally Posted by AcridMeat

North bay brah, pass through the city daily for work.

Nelo Ice
Nelotard
(05-20-2017, 08:19 PM)

Originally Posted by Crayon

There's a place called Blossom Bee in Dublin about 10 minutes off of 680. You can order a green curry crepe there. Haunts my dreams.

I've been there twice for breakfast crepes. Looks like next time I'm in the area I'll have to try that green curry crepe.
hateradio
The Most Dangerous Yes Man
(05-22-2017, 05:29 AM)
I was in SF yesterday in traffic and I missed LA so much. 😢

I hate SJ. I know that I would have to move in a year, because I just can't live in suburbia. 😩
i3allistic
(05-22-2017, 06:28 PM)
Anybody here was in the Marshawn Lynch Bike ride over the weekend?
Jpop
(Yesterday, 04:45 AM)
How have I just now started going to Berkeley so much better than SF.