• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Andrew Korenchkin
Member
(05-20-2017, 12:17 AM)
Andrew Korenchkin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bounceounce

Did you know Stronger samples Harder Better Faster Stronger by Daft Punk?
Most people miss it.

Still one of his strongest production jobs, perhaps. Hard to say, though.
riotous
Banned
(05-20-2017, 12:18 AM)

Originally Posted by Andrew Korenchkin

Still one of his strongest production jobs, perhaps. Hard to say, though.

Really? It's almost a direct rip-off. Unless you mean the Daft Punk song itself.
Andrew Korenchkin
Member
(05-20-2017, 12:29 AM)
Andrew Korenchkin's Avatar

Originally Posted by riotous

Really? It's almost a direct rip-off. Unless you mean the Daft Punk song itself.

I think so, personally. He just kind of remakes the song, I can see that, but fuck he does it so damn well and ends up creating a monster of a track.

Love the original song, too.
Koozek
Member
(05-20-2017, 12:40 AM)
Koozek's Avatar

Originally Posted by Andrew Korenchkin

I think so, personally. He just kind of remakes the song, I can see that, but fuck he does it so damn well and ends up creating a monster of a track.

Love the original song, too.

Fun fact, he had around 70 different mixes of Stronger done by 10 different engineers until he was satisfied. And he got help with the drums from Timbaland:

https://youtu.be/2Nl2Wn1pjrs?t=32s
Andrew Korenchkin
Member
(05-20-2017, 12:45 AM)
Andrew Korenchkin's Avatar
I'm not surprised. I mean, we're talking about a guy who put 5,000 hours into Power, apparently.

Thankfully, the end result was glorious.
Koozek
Member
(05-20-2017, 01:10 AM)
Koozek's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nibel

@

Dicka, die "Illuminati"-Kommentare unter Nimos neuem Video 😂😂😂
Bounceounce
Member
(05-20-2017, 02:00 AM)
Bounceounce's Avatar
I gotta start working on my Jay Z Songwriters Hall of Fame acceptance post.
overcast
Member
(05-20-2017, 02:05 AM)
overcast's Avatar

Originally Posted by richardhawk

Passionfruit is better than anything on Damn.

Why this negativity :[

Originally Posted by Tokubetsu

Lmao.

Originally Posted by Cheddahz

secret circle (antwon, lil ugly mane, & wiki) - tube socks

Damn that's fire.

Originally Posted by HiResDes

Yeah been a group for over a year now

They ever putting together a full project? Thought they were supposed to.

Originally Posted by FZZ

Jesus christ this Keith Ape verse on Gospel

FUCK

Lmfao. I would have said good joke a few days ago but goddamn 🔥

Originally Posted by CoolOff

I'm so hype for Vince on a SOPHIE-beat.

Man I don't know if I need that at all, but we'll see.
Bronx-Man
Banned
(05-20-2017, 02:57 AM)

Originally Posted by Koozek

Lol, that was my first thought, but then I thought "How could he not have recognized either Big Boi, Killer Mike, or Jeezy's voice? oO".

I googled Killer Mike to see if the song would pop up but it didn't :(
HiResDes
Member
(05-20-2017, 04:40 AM)
HiResDes's Avatar
Man I'm so late to the party but I think I'm in love with the last Dom Kennedy album, gonna be a summer staple for me.
Andrew Korenchkin
Member
(05-20-2017, 04:52 AM)
Andrew Korenchkin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bounceounce

I gotta start working on my Jay Z Songwriters Hall of Fame acceptance post.

In the OT?
Spine_Ripper
Member
(05-20-2017, 05:30 AM)
Spine_Ripper's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bounceounce

I gotta start working on my Jay Z Songwriters Hall of Fame acceptance post.

Google doc bree, I'll help

"Jaz-O created jigga man in heaven. One of his disciples, Omari, killed him. The end"

Just fill in the middle.
HiiiLife
Member
(05-20-2017, 05:46 AM)
HiiiLife's Avatar

Originally Posted by HiResDes

Man I'm so late to the party but I think I'm in love with the last Dom Kennedy album, gonna be a summer staple for me.

Really? Man I feel since Get Home Safely I've been falling out. But he's still one of my favs def. yellow tape is classic
Bounceounce
Member
(05-20-2017, 05:57 AM)
Bounceounce's Avatar

Originally Posted by Andrew Korenchkin

In the OT?

Yep, it's not until like June 15th but I need to be prepared.

Originally Posted by Spine_Ripper

Google doc bree, I'll help

"Jaz-O created jigga man in heaven. One of his disciples, Omari, killed him. The end"

Just fill in the middle.

lol
daffy
Banned
(05-20-2017, 08:29 AM)
daffy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Detox

Banner actually delivered with God Box. Couple of missteps on here but overall it's great. Nice beats. Dope shit.

Agreed on the beats but this shit is super corny. Pretty woke though.. Makes me wanna go all rachel dolezal tbh fuck these honkies & fuck betty shelby

Playlisted two or three tracks though thanks for the heads up. Didn't know when it was releasing
Andrew Korenchkin
Member
(05-20-2017, 10:00 AM)
Andrew Korenchkin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bounceounce

Yep, it's not until like June 15th but I need to be prepared.

I expect a thread that is longer than that one about pegging.
Fakeknowledge
Member
(05-20-2017, 10:21 AM)
CASISDEAD - The Grid (Official Video)

Track of the year contender for me, enjoy.
Moonkid
Member
(05-20-2017, 10:43 AM)
Moonkid's Avatar
I wanna get into three six, any good gateway songs or albums I should start with?
Moonkid
Member
(05-20-2017, 10:48 AM)
Moonkid's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fakeknowledge

CASISDEAD - The Grid (Official Video)

Track of the year contender for me, enjoy.

I enjoyed that, didn't let the production overpower him. Tasteful bass synth too. Dunno if the car-engine is part of the actual song but that was dope when it entered the mix.
Andrew Korenchkin
Member
(05-20-2017, 10:48 AM)
Andrew Korenchkin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Moonkid

I wanna get into three six, any good gateway songs or albums I should start with?

Bro.....you've made the right choice.

Anyway, I think Chapter 2 probably has a good balance between the eerie, menacing, darkness of their early material and the later, more banging hedonistic side. After that album, check out Mystic Stylez and Underground Vol. 1 for the former and When The Smoke Clears for the latter, perhaps. Of course, Chapter 1 is stellar as well. I also recommend Most Unknown Known as well. It's one of their most mainstream albums but full of great bangers. Da Unbreakables is decent.
Moonkid
Member
(05-20-2017, 10:55 AM)
Moonkid's Avatar

Originally Posted by Andrew Korenchkin

Bro.....you've made the right choice.

Anyway, I think Chapter 2 probably has a good balance between the eerie, menacing, darkness of their early material and the later, more banging hedonistic side. After that album, check out Mystic Stylez and Underground Vol. 1 for the former and When The Smoke Clears for the latter, perhaps. I also recommend Most Unknown Known as well. It's one of their most mainstream albums but full of great bangers.

I'm liking these adjectives haha. Got Chapter 2 downloaded on Spotify ready to go for my bus into town tomorrow morning. Gonna note those albums too for later listening! Thanks for the comprehensive rec :)
Andrew Korenchkin
Member
(05-20-2017, 10:59 AM)
Andrew Korenchkin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Moonkid

I'm liking these adjectives haha. Got Chapter 2 downloaded on Spotify ready to go for my bus into town tomorrow morning. Gonna note those albums too for later listening! Thanks for the comprehensive rec :)

Curious to see what you think after, fill us in!
Nibel
Member
(05-20-2017, 11:30 AM)
Nibel's Avatar

Originally Posted by Koozek

Dicka, die "Illuminati"-Kommentare unter Nimos neuem Video 😂😂😂

das lied ist zwar heftig aber es ist traurig dass du deine seele verkauft hast...
#killuminati

Die ganzen Illuminati Zeichen sind wegen Universal da Nimo ein Vertrag mit Universal hat und Universal satanisten sind

letztes jahr fischermütze jetzt mütze von meinem opa aus cafe amk

Alle mal einen Daumen Runter geben. Nimo hat seine Seele an Universal verkauft. Schade dass Fame ihn so verändert hat.. Was soll der illuminatenscheiss? Alle auf das video Daumen Runter, vll können wir den alten Nimo zurückholen! #FREENIMO #FUCKillu #Killuminati

Blackthorn
"hello?" "this is vagina"
(05-20-2017, 01:22 PM)
Blackthorn's Avatar
I thought XO Tour Life was a Gafhop inside joke but it came on in the club last night and everyone loved it.

[skinner_am_i_out_of_touch.jpg]

Jmon :(
Various Artists
Banned
(05-20-2017, 01:58 PM)

Originally Posted by riotous

MINDBLOWN.GIF

Then wait til you hear that Power samples King Crimson! :)
Koozek
Member
(05-20-2017, 02:05 PM)
Koozek's Avatar
You know what actually only few know? Pac's Do For Love samples Dilla's remix of Pharcyde's Y? (Be like that).
Nibel
Member
(05-20-2017, 02:10 PM)
Nibel's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blackthorn

I thought XO Tour Life was a Gafhop inside joke but it came on in the club last night and everyone loved it.

[skinner_am_i_out_of_touch.jpg]

Jmon :(

YouTube


SoundCloud


Catvoca
Banned
(05-20-2017, 02:24 PM)

Originally Posted by Nibel

YouTube


SoundCloud


Apparently he's doing 50 million streams a week
Dereck
(05-20-2017, 02:28 PM)

Originally Posted by Nibel

YouTube


SoundCloud


Numb
Banned
(05-20-2017, 02:37 PM)

Originally Posted by Nibel

YouTube


SoundCloud


I'll stop blasting it......one of these days
LionPride
Banned
(05-20-2017, 02:39 PM)

Originally Posted by Blackthorn

I thought XO Tour Life was a Gafhop inside joke but it came on in the club last night and everyone loved it.

[skinner_am_i_out_of_touch.jpg]

Jmon :(

Do you not know?
Blackthorn
"hello?" "this is vagina"
(05-20-2017, 03:47 PM)
Blackthorn's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nibel

YouTube


SoundCloud


Jesus, I had no idea.

Originally Posted by LionPride

Do you not know?

I accept dusty status on this one.
enzo_gt
tagged by Blackace
(05-20-2017, 04:16 PM)
enzo_gt's Avatar
Posted? Katy Perry ft. Nicki Minaj - Swish Swish.

Liam Payne ft. Quavo - Strip That Down. Interesting that despite Offset doing the most on Bad and Boujee, Quavo is still the one getting the most work out here for good reason

Originally Posted by Blackthorn

I thought XO Tour Life was a Gafhop inside joke but it came on in the club last night and everyone loved it.

[skinner_am_i_out_of_touch.jpg]

Jmon :(

Originally Posted by Numb

I'll stop blasting it......one of these days

This is literally what I told myself yesterday.







but then 5 minutes later

XANNY HELP THE PAIN OUT
PLEEEEEEEEEEEASSSSSSSE
XANNY MAKE IT GO AWAY


CoolOff
Member
(05-20-2017, 04:28 PM)
CoolOff's Avatar
111 million streams on Spotify still doing 2.3 million new/day.

It's a mainstream hit boys.
Koozek
Member
(05-20-2017, 04:34 PM)
Koozek's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blackthorn

I thought XO Tour Life was a Gafhop inside joke but it came on in the club last night and everyone loved it.

[skinner_am_i_out_of_touch.jpg]

Jmon :(

enzo_gt
tagged by Blackace
(05-20-2017, 04:46 PM)
enzo_gt's Avatar
and then 5 minutes later

PUSH ME TO THE EDGE
ALL MY FRIENDS ARE DEAD




EDIT: This T-Pain/Wayne album is so bad omg. No wonder this didn't drop. No bangers, no great pop songs, no good hooks, these beats are goofy as hell, T-Pain is rapping more than he needs to with some really cringeworthy lines, yeesh.
Nabs
(05-20-2017, 06:50 PM)
Nabs's Avatar
Met an East African
...on the weekend
from the East End...

jaegen got the juice. need the tape.
Psychological Intellect
Banned
(05-20-2017, 07:05 PM)
habesha is one of the worst songs ramriddlz has ever made. I don't think he'll ever touch the greatness of P2P again. Venis sucked.
enzo_gt
tagged by Blackace
(05-20-2017, 07:20 PM)
enzo_gt's Avatar
I actually haven't listened to P2P (fuck it there's a drought ATM, might as well listen next) but Habaesha is the best thing since Venis. Didn't really like anything he put out between Venis and now.

Venis got so many bbq jams breh how can you say it sucked

she don't need collagen for her cheeks and
shawty fleekin
and that ass on 10
hot cayenne




Also this Playboi Carti tape would be better as an instrumental tape without question, he actively makes these songs worse and the project more of a slog than it would be if someone who did more than ad libs would be on there. Also half of the songs sound like demos for the other half, like Lame N***az and Wokeuplikethis*.
HiResDes
Member
(05-20-2017, 07:55 PM)
HiResDes's Avatar
Man Grey is getting better with each and every listen.
Tokubetsu
Member
(05-20-2017, 07:56 PM)
Tokubetsu's Avatar
we need a new ramz tape before june
MoeDabs
Member
(05-20-2017, 08:42 PM)
MoeDabs's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dereck

The Underachievers - Renaissance

This is really good.
Koozek
Member
(05-20-2017, 11:50 PM)
Koozek's Avatar
I don't think they were as known in the US (the second one wasn't even released there) as over here in Europe, but Kelis' first two albums are still two of my all-time faves (fully Neptunes-produced).


YOU TOOK MY HEARTBEAT FROM ME
THIS IS THE SADDEST STORY
WHAT WAS WRONG WITH MY LOVE?
YOU TOOK MY HEARTBEAT FROM ME
WAS IT I LOVED YOU POORLY?
WHATEVER IT WAS, I JUST WANNA GET ALONG WITH YOU


Icolin
Of course. Dr. Pavel refused our offer in favor of yours, we had to find out what he told you about us.
(05-21-2017, 12:45 AM)
Icolin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Koozek

I don't think they were as known in the US (the second one wasn't even released there) as over here in Europe, but Kelis' first two albums are still two of my all-time faves (fully Neptunes-produced).


YOU TOOK MY HEARTBEAT FROM ME
THIS IS THE SADDEST STORY
WHAT WAS WRONG WITH MY LOVE?
YOU TOOK MY HEARTBEAT FROM ME
WAS IT I LOVED YOU POORLY?
WHATEVER IT WAS, I JUST WANNA GET ALONG WITH YOU


I only really know Kelis from that time Jay-Z namedropped her in Clique, but I'll try to rectify that soon. Hopefully she's as good as the foreign rap you've been recommending, which is flames.
Koozek
Member
(05-21-2017, 01:03 AM)
Koozek's Avatar

Originally Posted by Icolin

I only really know Kelis from that time Jay-Z namedropped her in Clique, but I'll try to rectify that soon. Hopefully she's as good as the foreign rap you've been recommending, which is flames.

Btw, I meant Kaleidoscope and Wanderlust in case both aren't on US streaming services. If you like the classic, early 00's Neptunes/Pharrell sound, you should like these too! Her albums after that were pretty different sound-wise, see songs like Bossy or Milkshake, which was her first US success, IIRC.

She was also Nas' wife (it's part of her wedding dress that he held in his hands on the cover of his last album after their divorce).
FZZ
Banned
(05-21-2017, 01:39 AM)
Someone needs to explain to me why there are two version of XO Tour Llif3

the initial digital download that wasn't on SC has much better quality than the Youtube/SC version, as well as clearer lyrics

but it looks like they updated the digital download/streaming versions and now it's all the Youtube/SC version

regardless I just downloaded the Youtube/SC version and now I'm gonna be listening to both back to back on repeat

nearing 400 plays on this song
Koozek
Member
(05-21-2017, 01:45 AM)
Koozek's Avatar

Originally Posted by FZZ

Someone needs to explain to me why there are two version of XO Tour Llif3

the initial digital download that wasn't on SC has much better quality than the Youtube/SC version, as well as clearer lyrics

but it looks like they updated the digital download/streaming versions and now it's all the Youtube/SC version

regardless I just downloaded the Youtube/SC version and now I'm gonna be listening to both back to back on repeat

nearing 400 plays on this song

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/lil-uzi-...ws.30693.html?

Where can I hear the "cleaner" version?
Psychological Intellect
Banned
(05-21-2017, 02:28 AM)

Originally Posted by FZZ

Someone needs to explain to me why there are two version of XO Tour Llif3

the initial digital download that wasn't on SC has much better quality than the Youtube/SC version, as well as clearer lyrics

but it looks like they updated the digital download/streaming versions and now it's all the Youtube/SC version

regardless I just downloaded the Youtube/SC version and now I'm gonna be listening to both back to back on repeat

nearing 400 plays on this song

The one on itunes/apple music/spotify is a rerecorded version.
Koozek
Member
(05-21-2017, 02:30 AM)
Koozek's Avatar

Originally Posted by Psychological Intellect

The one on itunes/apple music/spotify is a rerecorded version.

Check my post above. They changed it back to the original version on those services apparently.
Vigilant Walrus
Junior Member
(05-21-2017, 03:08 AM)
Vigilant Walrus's Avatar
Jay Rock - Vice City



Thread Tools