• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

GHG
Member
(03-10-2017, 06:50 AM)
GHG's Avatar

Originally Posted by Into the Light

Non millionaire super car GAF:

Mazda RF
Fiat 124 Abarth
Mustang eco boost?

Which one you like better?

The Camaro V6. If that's the price range you are shopping in and you want a convertible then that's the one to look at.

Or a used mini roadster cooper/JCW.
Fallout-NL
Member
(03-10-2017, 07:20 AM)
Fallout-NL's Avatar

Originally Posted by Futaba

So, the Ferrari 308! - As mentioned in the last OT, been on at the owner over email for the last few years on and off about selling it, last weekend he finally caved and we promptly arranged for me to drive down and check it over, which was supposed to be yesterday (Thursday), it's a roughly 450km drive, which on the toll roads is about 6 hours of driving depending on traffic, so I set off at 8am, hoping to arrive there around 2pm, ended up arriving at 3pm because a huge section of the expressway in Aichi was moving really slowly.

I rock up to the door and ring the bell and get no answer, call his phone - no answer, alright cool he may just be out getting groceries or on a train/bus someplace, i'll wait - so I go chill in my car and wait, gets to 4pm and i'm pretty pissy at this point, only got around an hour and change of light left and the dense foliage near to his garage makes it already kinda dark there, so I try his phone again, still no answer, give up and go try to snap some pics of it at the very least and the garage doors locked tight, around about this point my wife calls to tell me a friend of ours wants to meet up about selling their car that evening, so I reluctantly give up, hop in the car and hit the nearest gas station to top up, just as i'm pulling out of the gas station my phone pings and it's an email from the guy saying hes changed his mind and doesn't want to sell it anymore.

So the whole drive home i'm thinking, was the dude home the whole time and just not answering because he changed his mind and didn't want to deal with saying so face to face?, i'm a pretty chill guy so if he had just come out, had a look around the car with me and just outright said look im sorry but ive changed my mind, sorry for dragging you all the way out here, i'd be bummed still but at least i'd have the respect of being told it face to face, hiding behind your sofa and hoping the situation passes is just.. lame as hell.

Ended up back home around 11pm, whole day wasted, meet up with friend shortly after and hoon his evo 9 around the roof of a parking garage for a while, then took it up into the Dakenodai mountain pass for some extra fun (one of my favorite runs and the nicest mountain run within a short distance of Tokyo), think the car was excellent on the mountain but a little rough on standard roads, wifes interested to the point that shes currently sat behind me looking up pricing on performance parts (oh god what have I done).

So all in all a shitty day with a huge headache (thanks, tools bouncing around the entire time) that ended fairly nicely, but Evo 9's need some quad rally lights for nightime mountain runs, that's for damn sure. It's a shame about the 308 though, Was quite willing to pay the man there and then and get it on the back of a trailer the same day if it was in decent condition, hell even joked with my wife about being prepared to grow a tom selleck stache and wear a hawaiian shirt to complete the package.
Here's hoping he changes his mind and/or fixes it himself before the thing is lost to time.

If any of you find yourselves up in the Tokyo area with access to a car I wholeheartedly recommend route 70 mountain pass north of Hadano.


Shit that's too bad :-/

I think he probably was home and couldn't deal with telling you in person. Very rude. Should have paid for your gas at least if you ask me.
Pinewood
Member
(03-10-2017, 08:34 AM)
Pinewood's Avatar
So does anyone here have a not shit idea for a BsC thesis in mechatronics? Im really fucking late with choosing one(lock in deadline) and might as well try here for something I could maybe use.
mashoutposse
Member
(03-10-2017, 01:24 PM)
mashoutposse's Avatar

Originally Posted by Futaba

So, the Ferrari 308! - As mentioned in the last OT, been on at the owner over email for the last few years on and off about selling it, last weekend he finally caved and we promptly arranged for me to drive down and check it over, which was supposed to be yesterday (Thursday), it's a roughly 450km drive, which on the toll roads is about 6 hours of driving depending on traffic, so I set off at 8am, hoping to arrive there around 2pm, ended up arriving at 3pm because a huge section of the expressway in Aichi was moving really slowly.

I rock up to the door and ring the bell and get no answer, call his phone - no answer, alright cool he may just be out getting groceries or on a train/bus someplace, i'll wait - so I go chill in my car and wait, gets to 4pm and i'm pretty pissy at this point, only got around an hour and change of light left and the dense foliage near to his garage makes it already kinda dark there, so I try his phone again, still no answer, give up and go try to snap some pics of it at the very least and the garage doors locked tight, around about this point my wife calls to tell me a friend of ours wants to meet up about selling their car that evening, so I reluctantly give up, hop in the car and hit the nearest gas station to top up, just as i'm pulling out of the gas station my phone pings and it's an email from the guy saying hes changed his mind and doesn't want to sell it anymore.

So the whole drive home i'm thinking, was the dude home the whole time and just not answering because he changed his mind and didn't want to deal with saying so face to face?, i'm a pretty chill guy so if he had just come out, had a look around the car with me and just outright said look im sorry but ive changed my mind, sorry for dragging you all the way out here, i'd be bummed still but at least i'd have the respect of being told it face to face, hiding behind your sofa and hoping the situation passes is just.. lame as hell.

Ended up back home around 11pm, whole day wasted, meet up with friend shortly after and hoon his evo 9 around the roof of a parking garage for a while, then took it up into the Dakenodai mountain pass for some extra fun (one of my favorite runs and the nicest mountain run within a short distance of Tokyo), think the car was excellent on the mountain but a little rough on standard roads, wifes interested to the point that shes currently sat behind me looking up pricing on performance parts (oh god what have I done).

So all in all a shitty day with a huge headache (thanks, tools bouncing around the entire time) that ended fairly nicely, but Evo 9's need some quad rally lights for nightime mountain runs, that's for damn sure. It's a shame about the 308 though, Was quite willing to pay the man there and then and get it on the back of a trailer the same day if it was in decent condition, hell even joked with my wife about being prepared to grow a tom selleck stache and wear a hawaiian shirt to complete the package.
Here's hoping he changes his mind and/or fixes it himself before the thing is lost to time.

If any of you find yourselves up in the Tokyo area with access to a car I wholeheartedly recommend route 70 mountain pass north of Hadano.

Ouch, pretty cowardly. You'll forget about it once you close the deal on one.
thestopsign
Member
(03-10-2017, 02:24 PM)
thestopsign's Avatar
I'm in the market for my first car I've ever personally paid for. I currently have a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with 163,000 miles on it that I love but am starting to have some troubles with safety wise. I'd like to stick with the Jeep Grand Cherokee line personally as it fits my lifestyle/needs pretty well. Any recommendations?

It looks like the line got a significant upgrade in the 2014-2015 years as the reviews got significantly better, so I was thinking anything those years or later would be good. I'm looking at a 2016 Grand Cherokee Limited with 32,000 on it for around $31,000 right now that I found on Cars.com, is there a better site to look at?

Also what is a good amount to put down on a car? I am in a good spot to afford something around the $30k range, but I don't really want to put more than $10k down right away.
matmanx1
Member
(03-10-2017, 02:59 PM)
matmanx1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Futaba

So, the Ferrari 308!

Ouch! Sorry you had to go through that. I know that one hurt just because I know how much the thought of a Ferrari 308 can pull on the heartstrings.

Originally Posted by Into the Light

Non millionaire super car GAF:

Mazda RF
Fiat 124 Abarth
Mustang eco boost?

Which one you like better?

Keeping it stock? RF all the way. Want to tune and mod? Abarth if you want the small and light and Eco boost if you want the most possible thrust regardless of size or weight. For me, it would most likely be the RF. I love my 2008 MX-5.
xDUMPWEEDx
Banned
(03-10-2017, 03:17 PM)

Originally Posted by J-Rzez

Out of curiosity, instead of getting a 19, wouldn't you rather wait for the 2020 revision and hopefully they update the chassis and especially motor?

When it comes to the '18/'19 STi...

I really like the current 2015+ bodystyle of the WRX/STi.

As for the engine, I actually want the EJ257. The rumored new engine might be a hybrid... no thanks. I will take the 19mpg average of the EJ257 and enjoy it :). If they just go with the current FA20 that the WRX has and put on a bigger turbo... no thanks.
YuriLowell
Member
(03-10-2017, 03:36 PM)
YuriLowell's Avatar

Originally Posted by Into the Light

Non millionaire super car GAF:

Mazda RF
Fiat 124 Abarth
Mustang eco boost?

Which one you like better?

Depends on if you want to take more than one other person. The ecoboost backseat is miserable so I wouldn't take anyone with you.

I do think the ecoboost is the cheapest option as you can get one for around 23k out the door. It's also insanely cheap to mod.



Also you guys know I don't hate Porsche, come on now. I only hate VW.
GHG
Member
(03-10-2017, 03:49 PM)
GHG's Avatar

Originally Posted by thestopsign

I'm in the market for my first car I've ever personally paid for. I currently have a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with 163,000 miles on it that I love but am starting to have some troubles with safety wise. I'd like to stick with the Jeep Grand Cherokee line personally as it fits my lifestyle/needs pretty well. Any recommendations?

It looks like the line got a significant upgrade in the 2014-2015 years as the reviews got significantly better, so I was thinking anything those years or later would be good. I'm looking at a 2016 Grand Cherokee Limited with 32,000 on it for around $31,000 right now that I found on Cars.com, is there a better site to look at?

Also what is a good amount to put down on a car? I am in a good spot to afford something around the $30k range, but I don't really want to put more than $10k down right away.

General rule of thumb - pay at least the dealer markup and first year depreciation up front.
Skel1ingt0n
I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
(03-10-2017, 04:09 PM)
Skel1ingt0n's Avatar

Originally Posted by thestopsign

I'm in the market for my first car I've ever personally paid for. I currently have a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with 163,000 miles on it that I love but am starting to have some troubles with safety wise. I'd like to stick with the Jeep Grand Cherokee line personally as it fits my lifestyle/needs pretty well. Any recommendations?

It looks like the line got a significant upgrade in the 2014-2015 years as the reviews got significantly better, so I was thinking anything those years or later would be good. I'm looking at a 2016 Grand Cherokee Limited with 32,000 on it for around $31,000 right now that I found on Cars.com, is there a better site to look at?

Also what is a good amount to put down on a car? I am in a good spot to afford something around the $30k range, but I don't really want to put more than $10k down right away.

I know it'll sound crazy, and this isn't a popular opinion, but...

Grand Cherokees are very common higher-end rentals. As such, CarMax has a BUNCH of them, and their prices are pretty competitive. With CarMax, you can get a 100,000mi b2b warranty for like $3K. Might be worth at least glancing.

That said, you're 100% right - the 2014 model saw a massive improvement, most noticeably to the interior. Driving a well-equipped 2014+ GC is actually pretty luxurious.

Oh - one more comment - if it matters to you, the base sound system is hot garbage. So make sure it has an upgraded sound (it's like $600 and was on every model on the lot at my local dealer a couple years ago); but at least try the radio during your TD.
thestopsign
Member
(03-10-2017, 04:50 PM)
thestopsign's Avatar

Originally Posted by GHG

General rule of thumb - pay at least the dealer markup and first year depreciation up front.

That looks like it would be somewhere around 20/25% down payment?

Originally Posted by Skel1ingt0n

I know it'll sound crazy, and this isn't a popular opinion, but...

Grand Cherokees are very common higher-end rentals. As such, CarMax has a BUNCH of them, and their prices are pretty competitive. With CarMax, you can get a 100,000mi b2b warranty for like $3K. Might be worth at least glancing.

That said, you're 100% right - the 2014 model saw a massive improvement, most noticeably to the interior. Driving a well-equipped 2014+ GC is actually pretty luxurious.

Oh - one more comment - if it matters to you, the base sound system is hot garbage. So make sure it has an upgraded sound (it's like $600 and was on every model on the lot at my local dealer a couple years ago); but at least try the radio during your TD.

I will ask about the stereo. I'm looking at one specific car because it has the color exterior/interior color I want and seems pretty reasonably priced compared to the other options I have in my area.

Hmm CarMAX does have a 2014 Laredo for $22k in the same color scheme. I think I'll go test drive both this weekend to see if I really see a $10k price difference between the two.
Smokey
Just ordered 2 Laker car flags on Amazon.com
(03-10-2017, 06:15 PM)
Smokey's Avatar
I need a new car
negitoro7
Member
(03-10-2017, 06:18 PM)
negitoro7's Avatar

Originally Posted by Into the Light

Non millionaire super car GAF:

Mazda RF
Fiat 124 Abarth
Mustang eco boost?

Which one you like better?

Love the RF so I'd go with that. In club trim with that metallic grey finish and the recaro seats package.
AlphaSnake
...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
(03-10-2017, 07:30 PM)
AlphaSnake's Avatar

Originally Posted by Smokey

I need a new car

LOL. What now?
Skel1ingt0n
I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
(03-10-2017, 07:45 PM)
Skel1ingt0n's Avatar

Originally Posted by Smokey

I need a new car

Z06?
GHG
Member
(03-10-2017, 07:50 PM)
GHG's Avatar

Originally Posted by thestopsign

That looks like it would be somewhere around 20/25% down payment?



I will ask about the stereo. I'm looking at one specific car because it has the color exterior/interior color I want and seems pretty reasonably priced compared to the other options I have in my area.

Hmm CarMAX does have a 2014 Laredo for $22k in the same color scheme. I think I'll go test drive both this weekend to see if I really see a $10k price difference between the two.

20-30% is generally ok. The more you can put down the better it is in the long run since you minimise the risk of ever being upsidedown on the loan and it makes your monthly payments smaller.

Originally Posted by Smokey

I need a new car

Ok... What happened?
SliChillax
Member
(03-10-2017, 09:16 PM)
SliChillax's Avatar
Just came back from the Geneva motor show. Wow just wow... pics coming soon
ascii42
Member
(03-10-2017, 09:47 PM)
ascii42's Avatar
When OT2 started I had a 2010 Chevy Malibu as my daily driver, and a 1976 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight and 1989 Buick Riviera as well. Now I have a 2016 Cadillac ATS as my daily driver, and still have the Olds, but the Riviera has recently been donated to Georgia Public Broadcasting.
Shadoken
Member
(03-10-2017, 09:58 PM)
Shadoken's Avatar

Originally Posted by Into the Light

Non millionaire super car GAF:

Mazda RF
Fiat 124 Abarth
Mustang eco boost?

Which one you like better?

RF easily
David Incorporated Esq.
Successful Corporate Manager
(03-10-2017, 10:35 PM)
David Incorporated Esq.'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Shadoken

RF easily

Saw one in a dealership the other day. That is one hot little Miata.
Into the Light
Banned
(03-11-2017, 12:01 AM)
Thanks everyone. I appreciate it. I'll take a strong look at the RF.

To be honest it will be a lease and I'm coming from a FRS 1.0 and prior to that a 2013 FRS.

I just don't see a car that really called to me like I did when I got the 1.0.

I really like to drive the car off the dealership with all mods installed through options. I just don't have the time to drop the car off for exhaust etc....

I like the Abarth 124 it does look cool.
The Mustangs power intrigues me but that ass is so big
The RF is very nice in person love that painted interior door molding, I don't like the exhaust.
AlphaSnake
...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
(03-11-2017, 01:53 AM)
AlphaSnake's Avatar

Originally Posted by Skel1ingt0n

Z06?

Speaking of...I took my baby boy out for a walk. We walked toward's a cul-de-sac we have on my block and I hear a car behind us humming. I look back...oh hay, my new neighbor drives a white C7 Z06.

I didn't get a chance to speak to him, as I heard his bluetooth speaker was on. But this family literally just moved in a few weeks ago. The guy was young too, probably younger than me. Looked like the Z06 was his only car in the garage from what I can tell.
Smokey
Just ordered 2 Laker car flags on Amazon.com
(03-11-2017, 05:06 AM)
Smokey's Avatar

Originally Posted by AlphaSnake

LOL. What now?

Nothing just...These mfs gave me my same exact color with my loaner, except obv a 2017. Did it on purpose I know it.

The drive experience between my 08 and the 17 is wide AF, as you'd expect. But damn. My shit old and crusty.

Haven't had a chance to look, but does the 340 make more than 300HP? Certainly felt like it or at least the torque contributed to that feeling. Literally sitting here thinking about M3. Fuck.

Either way fuck I need something modern.
AlphaSnake
...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
(03-11-2017, 05:49 AM)
AlphaSnake's Avatar

Originally Posted by Smokey

Nothing just...These mfs gave me my same exact color with my loaner, except obv a 2017. Did it on purpose I know it.

The drive experience between my 08 and the 17 is wide AF, as you'd expect. But damn. My shit old and crusty.

Haven't had a chance to look, but does the 340 make more than 300HP? Certainly felt like it or at least the torque contributed to that feeling. Literally sitting here thinking about M3. Fuck.

Either way fuck I need something modern.

The B58 motor is a shit ton more powerful, yes. 335HP and 332TQ (369TQ with brief overboost). Plus 8AT vs 6AT, huge difference. It'll basically blow the doors off your old car.
GHG
Member
(03-11-2017, 06:00 AM)
GHG's Avatar

Originally Posted by Smokey

Nothing just...These mfs gave me my same exact color with my loaner, except obv a 2017. Did it on purpose I know it.

The drive experience between my 08 and the 17 is wide AF, as you'd expect. But damn. My shit old and crusty.

Haven't had a chance to look, but does the 340 make more than 300HP? Certainly felt like it or at least the torque contributed to that feeling. Literally sitting here thinking about M3. Fuck.

Either way fuck I need something modern.

It's the B58 engine right? If so then it will be slightly over 300HP since it's essentially an N55 with a larger turbo. My neighbour has a 440i and it sounds tremendous for a turbo motor.

But yeh, almost a decade makes a big difference. The current m3 is my favourite looking current M car, give me a Yas Marina Blue f80 and I'm set. If cashflow wasn't currently an issue (and the fact that I can't be dealing with loans/financing running my own business) then hunting down a '15 f80 would have been my mission once I realised I couldn't live with daily driving an out and out sports car.
Heysoos
Member
(03-11-2017, 06:07 AM)
Heysoos's Avatar
Okay, small question here. I was looking into possibly trading up from a V6 Camaro to a V8. However, I noticed a pretty fucking large price gap in terms of region. I mean I know this is common depending on the area, but this seem pretty fucking huge, plus it doesn't seem like any of my local dealerships are even running some of Chevy's own promotions(like Chevy's $4K cash back for loyalty owners). EX: In a bunch of areas you can find a Camaro 1SS in the range of 32k, yet my area the cheapest I'm finding a 1SS is 39K+. I can get a Mustang GT Premium trim for even less than that. Not to mention, a good few of the 1SS in the 32 range have the same or better packages than the 39K+ 1SS in my area.


So anyways, question. Am I pretty much SOL and have to just pay with what the prices are here, or could I use that massive fucking price gap as a negotiation tool? I mean I've heard of differing prices depending on region, but here we're talking about more than 7K difference, more in a lot of cases depending on the package. It would pretty much be worth the plane ride to go to those areas and negotiate with those dealers instead.
No Love
Banned
(03-11-2017, 06:16 AM)

Originally Posted by Smokey

Nothing just...These mfs gave me my same exact color with my loaner, except obv a 2017. Did it on purpose I know it.

The drive experience between my 08 and the 17 is wide AF, as you'd expect. But damn. My shit old and crusty.

Haven't had a chance to look, but does the 340 make more than 300HP? Certainly felt like it or at least the torque contributed to that feeling. Literally sitting here thinking about M3. Fuck.

Either way fuck I need something modern.

MHD flash tune your 335i for another 100 hp. You'll be content for a while.


Also, you have an E93 convertible right? That weighs 400-500 lbs more than a 340i...
boltz
Member
(03-11-2017, 06:55 AM)
boltz's Avatar

Originally Posted by Heysoos

Okay, small question here. I was looking into possibly trading up from a V6 Camaro to a V8. However, I noticed a pretty fucking large price gap in terms of region. I mean I know this is common depending on the area, but this seem pretty fucking huge, plus it doesn't seem like any of my local dealerships are even running some of Chevy's own promotions(like Chevy's $4K cash back for loyalty owners). EX: In a bunch of areas you can find a Camaro 1SS in the range of 32k, yet my area the cheapest I'm finding a 1SS is 39K+. I can get a Mustang GT Premium trim for even less than that. Not to mention, a good few of the 1SS in the 32 range have the same or better packages than the 39K+ 1SS in my area.


So anyways, question. Am I pretty much SOL and have to just pay with what the prices are here, or could I use that massive fucking price gap as a negotiation tool? I mean I've heard of differing prices depending on region, but here we're talking about more than 7K difference, more in a lot of cases depending on the package. It would pretty much be worth the plane ride to go to those areas and negotiate with those dealers instead.

If the SS is a hot seller in your area, you might not have much luck, but it wouldn't hurt to email dealers to see if they can match or get close to the lower pricing. A buddy did that for his Corvette and the local dealers wouldn't budge, so he got one for several thousand cheaper from a dealer near San Fran and had it trucked down to the LA area for ~$400 after he signed all the papers via mail.
Smokey
Just ordered 2 Laker car flags on Amazon.com
(03-11-2017, 07:11 AM)
Smokey's Avatar

Originally Posted by AlphaSnake

The B58 motor is a shit ton more powerful, yes. 335HP and 332TQ (369TQ with brief overboost). Plus 8AT vs 6AT, huge difference. It'll basically blow the doors off your old car.

Originally Posted by GHG

It's the B58 engine right? If so then it will be slightly over 300HP since it's essentially an N55 with a larger turbo. My neighbour has a 440i and it sounds tremendous for a turbo motor.

But yeh, almost a decade makes a big difference. The current m3 is my favourite looking current M car, give me a Yas Marina Blue f80 and I'm set. If cashflow wasn't currently an issue (and the fact that I can't be dealing with loans/financing running my own business) then hunting down a '15 f80 would have been my mission once I realised I couldn't live with daily driving an out and out sports car.

I knew it. Immediately noticable. Hit 110 easy on a open freeway today. Got me really wanting to try that M3.

I really enjoy not having a payment but...fuuuuuuckkkk

Originally Posted by No Love

MHD flash tune your 335i for another 100 hp. You'll be content for a while.


Also, you have an E93 convertible right? That weighs 400-500 lbs more than a 340i...

Yep, I've a E93. I won't do that again (hardtop conv), but I wasn't as into cars back then and didn't really know about weight disadvantages, etc.
Futaba
Member
(03-11-2017, 09:47 AM)
Futaba's Avatar
Whatever your next car is , please give it the nickname bandit, for me.

Also..


Friendly reminder that this used to be a thing, let's hope it never is again.
friday
Member
(03-11-2017, 03:36 PM)
friday's Avatar

Originally Posted by Into the Light

Non millionaire super car GAF:

Mazda RF
Fiat 124 Abarth
Mustang eco boost?

Which one you like better?

RF all the way! Go look up good-win racing's RF on their Instagram. It's lowered and has a set of 6ul wheels, it looks gorgeous. Also, good-win racing makes some of the best Miata exhaust, so they can help you with that.
Pinewood
Member
(03-11-2017, 05:02 PM)
Pinewood's Avatar
The new VW Arteon seems pretty cool
SliChillax
Member
(03-11-2017, 05:25 PM)
SliChillax's Avatar
My favorite (affordable) car from Geneva
First time I see a V8 Camaro and I fell in love. Completely forgot the M2 I saw the day before.




More pics here
http://imgur.com/a/zbKaJ
Bandit1
Member
(03-11-2017, 07:16 PM)
Bandit1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Futaba

Whatever your next car is, please give it the nickname bandit, for me.

Nah, he's doing it for me.


Originally Posted by SliChillax

My favorite (affordable) car from Geneva
First time I see a V8 Camaro and I fell in love. Completely forgot the M2 I saw the day before.




More pics here
http://imgur.com/a/zbKaJ

Great album!! So many awesome cars in there. This Bentley is the one that stands out to me:

That thing is beautiful. Usually I'm not even a fan of convertibles, but man, this thing... Is it, or something close to it going into production or was this just a concept?

Edit: apparently an EV concept but I hope that design makes it into production.
rokkerkory
Member
(03-11-2017, 08:09 PM)
rokkerkory's Avatar
Super excited that the first drive impressions for the new CX-5 will be out on Monday.

Here is an in-depth vid on the styling and design: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw3DJzBB_7I
xDUMPWEEDx
Banned
(03-11-2017, 08:22 PM)
Why the hell does the Charger Scat Pack not come with a manual transmission? A 6.4L V8 at 485HP for $40,000 sounds like an awesome deal... but an automatic transmission is a deal breaker. WTF?
J-Rzez
Member
(03-11-2017, 08:54 PM)
J-Rzez's Avatar

Originally Posted by Into the Light

Non millionaire super car GAF:

Mazda RF
Fiat 124 Abarth
Mustang eco boost?

Which one you like better?

RF for handling and cruising.

Mustang for powah and screwing around. You can make good power for very cheap. Also, more electronic toys inside likely.
thestopsign
Member
(03-11-2017, 09:16 PM)
thestopsign's Avatar
I bought a car! 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. It is such a big upgrade over my old 2004.
SliChillax
Member
(03-11-2017, 09:20 PM)
SliChillax's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bandit1

Nah, he's doing it for me.




Great album!! So many awesome cars in there. This Bentley is the one that stands out to me:



That thing is beautiful. Usually I'm not even a fan of convertibles, but man, this thing... Is it, or something close to it going into production or was this just a concept?

Edit: apparently an EV concept but I hope that design makes it into production.

I don't like white cars and convertibles but that concept was beautiful in every aspect. I prefer the coupe though that was unveiled a few years ago.
boltz
Member
(03-11-2017, 09:34 PM)
boltz's Avatar
At the Toyota dealer now waiting for our van to be serviced and was taking a stroll around the lot. They've got over 300 vehicles for sale and the only sporty vehicles they have are 2 FRS's. Also noticed that there are barely any RAV4s or Highlanders, which I take to mean that they are selling like hotcakes, unlike the FRS's.

That's the future of the automotive industry :(
jongkookie
Member
(03-11-2017, 10:07 PM)
jongkookie's Avatar

Originally Posted by friday

RF all the way! Go look up good-win racing's RF on their Instagram. It's lowered and has a set of 6ul wheels, it looks gorgeous. Also, good-win racing makes some of the best Miata exhaust, so they can help you with that.

I second this. My NC has a GWR Race muffler and it's more than enough to make it sound like a race car lol.

Originally Posted by Futaba

Whatever your next car is , please give it the nickname bandit, for me.

IMO, Smokey needs to get out of Texas if his next car isn't named Bandit lol.
Bandit1
Member
(03-11-2017, 10:18 PM)
Bandit1's Avatar

Originally Posted by SliChillax

I don't like white cars and convertibles but that concept was beautiful in every aspect. I prefer the coupe though that was unveiled a few years ago.

I really like white on that car, but yeah I'd take the coupe as well.

GHG
Member
(03-12-2017, 01:24 AM)
GHG's Avatar

Originally Posted by xDUMPWEEDx

Why the hell does the Charger Scat Pack not come with a manual transmission? A 6.4L V8 at 485HP for $40,000 sounds like an awesome deal... but an automatic transmission is a deal breaker. WTF?

I think the challenger does but the charger doesn't. It's just one of those things. The ZF auto is fantastic though, I have no complaints with it in my R/T road and track so far. I just keep the transmission in sport mode regardless of my other settings and the shifts are super quick and responsive to the paddles. It's no PDK but it more than does the job. Give it a try before you knock it.

I'm just a tad salty that Dodge had run out of Scat Packs by the time I found out about the deal they were doing here.
matmanx1
Member
(03-12-2017, 04:38 AM)
matmanx1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Into the Light

Thanks everyone. I appreciate it. I'll take a strong look at the RF.

To be honest it will be a lease and I'm coming from a FRS 1.0 and prior to that a 2013 FRS.

I just don't see a car that really called to me like I did when I got the 1.0.

I really like to drive the car off the dealership with all mods installed through options. I just don't have the time to drop the car off for exhaust etc....

I like the Abarth 124 it does look cool.
The Mustangs power intrigues me but that ass is so big
The RF is very nice in person love that painted interior door molding, I don't like to exhaust.

Fiat used to offer the Magneti Marelli tune right from their dealerships on the Abarth models. I believe they also have a mopar exhaust option for that car (the 124). So if you want to do some meaningful mods and still have warranty then that would be something to look into.
AlphaSnake
...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
(03-12-2017, 05:31 AM)
AlphaSnake's Avatar

Originally Posted by Heysoos

Okay, small question here. I was looking into possibly trading up from a V6 Camaro to a V8. However, I noticed a pretty fucking large price gap in terms of region. I mean I know this is common depending on the area, but this seem pretty fucking huge, plus it doesn't seem like any of my local dealerships are even running some of Chevy's own promotions(like Chevy's $4K cash back for loyalty owners). EX: In a bunch of areas you can find a Camaro 1SS in the range of 32k, yet my area the cheapest I'm finding a 1SS is 39K+. I can get a Mustang GT Premium trim for even less than that. Not to mention, a good few of the 1SS in the 32 range have the same or better packages than the 39K+ 1SS in my area.


So anyways, question. Am I pretty much SOL and have to just pay with what the prices are here, or could I use that massive fucking price gap as a negotiation tool? I mean I've heard of differing prices depending on region, but here we're talking about more than 7K difference, more in a lot of cases depending on the package. It would pretty much be worth the plane ride to go to those areas and negotiate with those dealers instead.

Markups. Dealers who do this are assholes. Make them offers in the final few days of the months and they'll certainly cave. There's a bit of a shortage for V8 Camaros right now, so they're in high demand and are flying off the floor. But don't let the bullshit markups scare you, they're only for idiots.

Go in there, arm yourself with knowledge on the invoice price and such (CarsDirect.com will tell you that info) and bust down a few doors. The car may not go for invoice, but go below MSRP and sit on them. Do it right before the end of the month.
mashoutposse
Member
(03-12-2017, 06:57 AM)
mashoutposse's Avatar
Saw this a few weeks ago during a private unveiling; now the car is finally making the rounds in public.




Always a pleasure to see this brought out.

golem
Member
(03-12-2017, 07:30 AM)
golem's Avatar

Originally Posted by thestopsign

I bought a car! 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. It is such a big upgrade over my old 2004.

Congrats! Post some pictures!
thestopsign
Member
(03-12-2017, 07:38 AM)
thestopsign's Avatar

Originally Posted by golem

Congrats! Post some pictures!



I didn't take many of it, but I think it's a pretty great looking car.
tryptobphan
Member
(03-12-2017, 09:40 AM)
tryptobphan's Avatar
I just wanted to chime in real quick and say the OT3 is awesome. The write up actually got me to chuckle in real life behind the monitor. Great writing and humor.
Zyzyxxz
Member
(03-12-2017, 11:50 AM)
Zyzyxxz's Avatar
WTF is maserati doing diluting their brand with shitty entry level vehicles?

Example: Levante



Looks exactly like an Infiniti FX50


While I'm not saying the FX50 looks bad but for a Maserati why for twice the price?

The Ghibli sucks too, interior quality is noticeably cheaper and ride quality + getting out of the car is really awkward from back seats.

Thread Tools