• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

BLACKLAC
Member
(05-17-2017, 06:51 PM)
BLACKLAC's Avatar
Nice OP, Great job Kree!

Originally Posted by Zero-ELEC

You know what this page is missing? A hall of shame:

Code:

Y'all need hobbies.


tbf I would be #4 if I wasn't putting in 12-14 hour days for the last 2 months... And putting a hard media blackout for Vol. 2 (which payed off beautifully!)
Last edited by BLACKLAC; 05-17-2017 at 06:58 PM.
jon bones
Banned
(05-17-2017, 06:55 PM)
jon bones's Avatar
all of my internet friends are itt

😅
SpaceWolf
No one cared who I was until I put on the mask.
(05-17-2017, 07:20 PM)
SpaceWolf's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wingfan19

For a literal hot second... He asked Robbie to let the Rider into him so they could trick the bad guy. It came at a cost, which we won't know until next season. After they killed the bad guy, the Rider went back into Robbie.

Oh, okay!

For a moment, I thought Coulson was literally the new Ghost Rider in the MCU and was going to be driving across America in that sportscar of his all covered in flames.
Broken Joystick
At least you can talk. Who are you?
(05-17-2017, 07:47 PM)
Broken Joystick's Avatar


As many of you know one of my best friends in the world is @natefillion . Along with Michael Rooker and Gregg Henry he's been in every movie I've directed - even as a monstrous, perverted voice in Guardians of the Galaxy. I didn't have a good cameo for him in Vol. 2 - and I wanted to bring him more fully into the MCU at some point, so I didn't want to make him Aakon Guard #2, narrowing his chance of a more substantial role in the future. I really do love the character of Simon Williams/Wonder Man in the comics - a sometimes douchey actor/superhero - and could see Nathan clearly in that role (not because he's a douchebag but because he's great at playing one). But, of course, in a movie set 99.9% in space I didn't really have a place for him. So in a small flash to earth I decided to put a theater playing a "Simon Williams Film Festival," with six Simon Williams movie posters outside. Obviously, from the posters, he's had a run of B movies. Most of them in themselves are Easter eggs of some sort or another. Unfortunately, the small section of the scene where they appeared slowed down the movie and I had to cut the Easter eggs from the film (along with storefronts named after comic book luminaries Starlin, Mantlos, Annett and others). Equally a bummer was that a lot of people took photos of these posters on the day so suddenly every fan site was reporting that Nathan was playing Wonder Man in he movie. He was even the third-billed actor on IMDB!

So that's the full story. Nathan's only cameo in the movie ever were these posters. I'll post them all over the next few days.

And, yes, I think we can consider them canon for the MCU, and I hold onto hope that Simon Williams will rise again!! #guardiansofthegalaxyvol2 #gotgvol2 #GotGPicoftheDay #nathanfillion

James Gunn
Neoxon
Junior Member
(05-17-2017, 07:49 PM)
Neoxon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pachimari

So anyone up for marathoning those 10,000 minutes right before Infinity War or Avengers 4 lol?

I may consider it.

Originally Posted by Pachimari

Just finished the series finale, and holy shit was this episode some of the best, if not the best of the entire show. I'll even go further, and say this season of Agents of Shield is up there with the very best the Marvel Cinematic Universe has to offer, being better than all of Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist too.

Holy fuck at that finale.

Ghost Rider is one of the best characters too. The powers in this episode felt like something straight out of Thor and Doctor Strange.

Wow.

Season finale, actually
Pachimari
Member
(05-17-2017, 08:04 PM)
Pachimari's Avatar

Originally Posted by Neoxon

I may consider it]

Season finale, actually

Yeah I know. It was a slip of the mind lol. That finale knocked me out.
Fhtagn
Member
(05-17-2017, 08:42 PM)
Fhtagn's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pachimari

So anyone up for marathoning those 10,000 minutes right before Infinity War or Avengers 4 lol?

Odds are very good that I'll never watch any of the shows a second time all the way through, as my tv show backlog is too intense to contemplate a revisit of even, say, Mad Men or Breaking Bad, let alone any of the MCU shows. (And I haven't even watched Iron Fist and probably won't because I can tell from the word of mouth that I won't like it much.)

But I'm def going to rewatch all of the films over the next 12 before IW. It's been a while since I watched any of phase one.
Pachimari
Member
(05-17-2017, 08:55 PM)
Pachimari's Avatar
Yeah, I was joking around at the whole marathon thing. I wouldn't be able to do it. But I do see myself rewatching the movies more regularly actually. They are just so rewatchable to me.
X05
Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
(05-17-2017, 09:00 PM)
X05's Avatar
New OT, nice.

Not a fan of flat design, but excellent work anyway :D

Originally Posted by Bleepey

From the non-Academy award winning studio that brought you Thor 2.



Originally Posted by The Kree

I'd put rope guy from Suicide Squad up there before I'd put May or Mack.

Ban this filth to the DCEU thread

Originally Posted by Broken Joystick

S5 of AoS will be 22 episodes.

YES!
Hopefully it's a three mini arc season like the last one.

Originally Posted by George Oscar Bluth II

I prefer the new logo but I'm not a fan of using concept art and shit for the intro.

The only problem I have is that's way too long, bordering on masturbatory.

Originally Posted by Pachimari

Wait, it's okay for us to post pictures of magazines now too?

I wouldn't count on it, AFAIK GAF still maintains its stance on no scans allowed.
SpaceWolf
No one cared who I was until I put on the mask.
(05-17-2017, 09:02 PM)
SpaceWolf's Avatar
There's an idea. Would anyone sponsor me for charity if I locked myself in a room and watched all 10,000 minutes of Marvel content back to back?

Of course, I'd need permission to sleep during some of it....:)
The Kree
Member
(05-17-2017, 09:03 PM)
The Kree's Avatar

Originally Posted by SpaceWolf

There's an idea. Would anyone sponsor me for charity if I locked myself in a room and watched all 10,000 minutes of Marvel content back to back?

Of course, I'd need permission to sleep during some of it....:)

No, you can't sleep. You have to stay awake and die trying.
Danthrax
Batteries the CRISIS!
(05-17-2017, 10:13 PM)
Danthrax's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Kree

No, you can't sleep. You have to stay awake and die trying.

Ain't nobody gonna die from staying awake for seven days. He'll do it if he really cares about his charity!
Neoxon
Junior Member
(05-17-2017, 10:22 PM)
Neoxon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Broken Joystick

S5 of AoS will be 22 episodes.

Music to my ears.
richiek
steals Justin Bieber DVDs
(05-18-2017, 03:39 AM)
richiek's Avatar
A new interview with Kevin Feige:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIcQ...ature=youtu.be

On Marvel Studios getting the rights back to all the Marvel characters: "Never say never"
Fathead
Member
(05-18-2017, 05:50 AM)
Fathead's Avatar

Originally Posted by curb

I didn't even see the link to the new thread in the old one. No wonder my subscriptions have seemed dead. Nice to see my name in the bottom half of the top posters.

Also, I really need to catch up AoS. I left off before Christmas. I felt less pressure to keep up when I figured it had minimal chances for renewal.

It will be on netflix in june.
Pachimari
Member
(05-18-2017, 08:55 AM)
Pachimari's Avatar
I've decided to rewatch The Avengers again, and just wanna post a few scenes I think looks pretty. It was actually the first Marvel Cinematic Universe film I saw of what I can remember, or maybe I had seen Iron Man beforehand, but The Avengers was definitely the first one I saw in a cinema. I had booked tickets for the front row by mistake, so I could barely see stuff, but at the time I didn't think too much of these superheroes. And I left kind of underwhelmed. Since then, this universe has become a big part of me, and I'm appreciating the movie on every watch.

The Tesserect is one powerful matter. I can't wait to see what kind of powerful devastation Thanos can do with this and the other stones combined.

Great shot of Loki with the sceptre and the Tesserect. What a powerful entity.

Poor Natasha. I wonder what her mission objective was, and what conflict she was in the middle of.

A similar shot to the Natasha interrogation scene. Very well done.

The Council and its councilmen.

You see, just 20 minutes into the movie, and it already has so many beautiful scenes, and I cannot fathom how anyone in its time would think, it looked like a "tv movie".

I forgot all about Life Model Decoys (LMD) being mentioned all the way back in 2012 by Tony Stark.

This was a great scene too. How we see Natasha running away from an uncontrollable Hulk in a very tight hallway, and it all happening in slow-motion and lights crashing down. In fact, Loki's plan is really great, how he unleashes the Hulk to use him as a weapon against S.H.I.E.L.D. It elevates him to become one of the greatest villains of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

I really like the way the movie brings together the different heroes, and how it shows us what every single one of them are up to, and showing them in their element. How Natasha is in the middle of an interrogation doing her job, how Banner is helping out the poor with research and solutions, how Steve is working out at the gym, and Stark enjoying his time with Potts and fixing his tower.

THE VILLAINS
I would like to appreciate the designs in the MCU, and the smaller things that doesn't get much time on screen. To be honest, I've never really paid much attention as to how the Chitauri race looks, they look real damn cool, and are menacing. There's a lot of talk about how forgettable and what a waste the villains are in this universe, but let's take a moment to appreciate them and look at the positives for once.

Another form of Chitauri alien:

I hope these fuckers return at some point:

A third form of Chitauri:

Yeah, no doubt we need the Hulk against the Thanos invasion coming up:

THE TECHNOLOGY
We also got some really advanced technology for it being 2012. I assume Barton and Erik Selvig stole this device from S.H.I.E.L.D. They use it to replicate the eyeball of Dr. Heinrich Schäfer who I think is the CEO of Schäfer Sicherheitsdienst who work with the matter Iridium which is found in meteorites and forms anti-protons.

A simple S.H.I.E.L.D. grenade:

In comparison, here's a Chitauri grenade.

Finger- and eye-scanner in the Hellicarrier:

So this is a prototype weapon S.H.I.E.L.D. have been working on. Agent Coulson says they started working on it after Loki sent the Destroyer, I can't remember, who was the Destroyer?

Stark technology. An armband to synch up and align with a remote Iron Man suit.

Hydra equipment from World War II:

A fine piece of Asgardian knife:

I feel like this is one of the most, if not the most, important moment of the Hellicarreer incident. Clint shoot a very precise arrow that hits it target right away, syncing up with the whole data network of S.H.I.E.L.D. taking it all down with a malfunction, freeing Loki from his cage. It turned the whole battle, and led up to the moment Phil Coulson dies.

Let's talk about the Arc Reactor for a moment. This is the device that ultimately opens up a portal to outer space, but it was not enough to do so with the Tesserect alone. How did Erik Selvig make it work? Did they use the Iridium to enhance its power?

Some kind of Chitauri weapon that Natasha uses against them. It can shoot laser too:

THE OPERATIVES
The director of S.H.I.E.L.D. anno 2012: Nick Fury. He is currently in hiding.

The invisible, and unspoken heroes of the MCU. Here's a S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot trying to take down the Hulk:

Special Operatives from S.H.I.E.L.D. trying to take down Steve Rogers:

I think this is my third or fourth watch of The Avengers. And the first time I came out of the cinema I really didn't feel it. I always thought it to be overrated, and very boring. And it still halts too much in the second act, and the pacing can be a little off, but I'm also really appreciating the movie now for what it is, and what it does. For all the plots it needs to connect, and all the smaller details it introduces and shows off in the MCU. Loki's grand plan on the Hellicarrier is well planned, he's kind of playing around with the entirety of the S.H.I.E.L.D. organization.

Beautiful tower, later to become the headquarters of the Avengers Initiative:

I just noticed there's a lot of slight shaky-cam going on in this movie actually. Nothing that ruins anything, thankfully.

This is the greatest sacrifice we've seen in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and why Tony Stark is still a hero to me. Something like this should not be forgotten, even though he's done some very questionable and bad things but those things came from wanting to do good. This whole scene made me think back on Civil War and Winter Soldier, how the governments of the world are so concerned about the civilian loses. But here the Council removes Nick Fury from his position and orders a nuke at the New York people, but I take it this is because the Council turned out to be Hydra in The Winter Soldier, isn't this correct?
Last edited by Pachimari; 05-18-2017 at 03:24 PM.
Glass Rebel
Member
(05-18-2017, 09:07 AM)
Glass Rebel's Avatar

Originally Posted by Broken Joystick



James Gunn

I was really looking forward to this but at the same time I was wondering how they'd handle it. So I'm not too sad that they removed it but I do hope that they somehow bring him into the MCU in a bigger fashion.
BLACKLAC
Member
(05-18-2017, 11:50 AM)
BLACKLAC's Avatar

.
Last edited by BLACKLAC; 05-18-2017 at 12:39 PM.
clay_ghost
Member
(05-18-2017, 11:55 AM)
clay_ghost's Avatar

Originally Posted by BLACKLAC

This looks bad.
Pachimari
Member
(05-18-2017, 12:10 PM)
Pachimari's Avatar
Perception Channel intervies Kevin Feige, who talks about what Marvel has accomplished so far, and about entities outside the MCU.

I haven't listened to this interview myself mind you.

Originally Posted by BLACKLAC

.

Hey BLACKLAC, maybe you can put the image in QUOTES? Because the image is huge heh.
I don't know what to feel about these shots. But one thing's for sure, I'm not optimistic or hopeful about this tv show. It might turn out decent, as Iron Fist was alright to me, but I don't expect Inhumans to reach my expectations at all.

Clark Greggson had a Q&A on Reddit.

[edit] Oh shit, cold:

Last edited by Pachimari; 05-18-2017 at 01:14 PM.
fallengorn
Bitches love smiley faces
(05-18-2017, 01:33 PM)
fallengorn's Avatar

Originally Posted by BLACKLAC

.

Bruce Wayne had a better table than the King of the Inhumans. :|

curb
Member
(05-18-2017, 01:40 PM)
curb's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fathead

It will be on netflix in june.

It's not access that's my problem - it's time and priorities.

Originally Posted by clay_ghost

This looks bad.

It does. I'll reserve judgement for the final product though. I'm not really a big Inhumans fan but I recognize that it could be awesome if handled correctly which really means being handled by someone other than Scott Buck.
richiek
steals Justin Bieber DVDs
(05-18-2017, 02:13 PM)
richiek's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pachimari

Perception Channel intervies Kevin Feige, who talks about what Marvel has accomplished so far, and about entities outside the MCU.

I haven't listened to this interview myself mind you.

I already posted it earlier in this page.

Also:



RIP Powers Boothe.

and RIP Chris Cornell. Damn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3ZNtOcY_1A
Last edited by richiek; 05-18-2017 at 02:16 PM.
Pachimari
Member
(05-18-2017, 02:14 PM)
Pachimari's Avatar
I'm gonna rewatch the first season of Agents of Shield, as I felt like I didn't really get that shocking moment when The Winter Soldier happened. Probably because I didn't watch it live back then and instead binged it to catch up before Season 2 would air. And I watched The Winter Soldier before the events of Season 1.

I also forgot all about The Rising Tide who wanted to sell off Chitauri technology from the Battle of New York. And damn at Deathlok crawling up that wall and landing that superhero landing without all his machinations. That's boss.
The Broken Ska Record
Member
(05-18-2017, 02:17 PM)
The Broken Ska Record's Avatar

Originally Posted by Glass Rebel

I was really looking forward to this but at the same time I was wondering how they'd handle it. So I'm not too sad that they removed it but I do hope that they somehow bring him into the MCU in a bigger fashion.

I think I'm going to be super disappointed if they bring in Wonder Man and he's not Nathan Fillion.
GAMEPROFF
Member
(05-18-2017, 02:20 PM)
GAMEPROFF's Avatar
Remember when Cap woke up in the end of The First Avenger and thought Hydra was behind the imaginary 1940s-New York?

He wasnt wrong :D
SuperEpicMan
Member
(05-18-2017, 02:25 PM)
SuperEpicMan's Avatar

Originally Posted by clay_ghost

This looks bad.

I am really worried Inhumans might be the first thing to actually damage the MCU brand, and I say that as someone who watched Iron Fist and Agent Carter S2.
SpaceWolf
No one cared who I was until I put on the mask.
(05-18-2017, 02:33 PM)
SpaceWolf's Avatar

Originally Posted by richiek

A new interview with Kevin Feige:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIcQ...ature=youtu.be

On Marvel Studios getting the rights back to all the Marvel characters: "Never say never"

The man says the same shit about the TV characters turning up in these movies.

It's never happening.
The Kree
Member
(05-18-2017, 02:55 PM)
The Kree's Avatar
If you listen to the interview, you'd know his reasoning for saying that. He denied working with SONY on Spider-Man forever too, until it finally happened. He admitted it was the ultimate goal to have all the characters back. They just don't make a definitive comment until it stops being a distant fantasy.
SpaceWolf
No one cared who I was until I put on the mask.
(05-18-2017, 03:03 PM)
SpaceWolf's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Kree

If you listen to the interview, you'd know his reasoning for saying that. He denied working with SONY on Spider-Man forever too, until it finally happened. He admitted it was the ultimate goal to have all the characters back. They just don't make a definitive comment until it stops being a distant fantasy.

The countless factors surrounding Sony eventually deciding to strike a deal to share the Spiderman property were incredibly unique and multi-faceted (the divided merchandising rights, the studio hierarchy, the established relationship between the two studios, the Sony email hack) and it was only through their adding up that we got something completely unprecedented. It's not something we're likely to see again (if ever) for a very long time. If there was one down-side to the Marvel/Sony deal, it was the fact that it suddenly gave a lot of fans the idea that movie studios are suddenly now prone to trading those kind of properties around like baseball cards, when that's absolutely not how these studios function within the film industry by their very nature.

It's like those people who genuinely believe that there's a chance that 20th Century Fox will suddenly decide to start sharing its widely popular, highly profitable X-Men franchise with a rival studio, for no reason other than the fact it would be "really cool!". It's just not happening.
Glass Rebel
Member
(05-18-2017, 03:05 PM)
Glass Rebel's Avatar

Originally Posted by SuperEpicMan

I am really worried Inhumans might be the first thing to actually damage the MCU brand, and I say that as someone who watched Iron Fist and Agent Carter S2.

People would have to watch it for it to damage the brand.
SpaceWolf
No one cared who I was until I put on the mask.
(05-18-2017, 03:10 PM)
SpaceWolf's Avatar

Originally Posted by SuperEpicMan

I am really worried Inhumans might be the first thing to actually damage the MCU brand, and I say that as someone who watched Iron Fist and Agent Carter S2.

If any particular project "damaged the brand" in regards to Marvel's mainstream strong association with high quality entertainment, it was unquestionably Iron Fist...whether you or I happened to enjoy it or not.
richiek
steals Justin Bieber DVDs
(05-18-2017, 03:10 PM)
richiek's Avatar

Originally Posted by SpaceWolf


It's like those people who genuinely believe that there's a chance that 20th Century Fox will suddenly decide to start sharing its widely popular, highly profitable X-Men franchise with a rival studio, for no reason other than the fact it would be "really cool!". It's just not happening.

Yeah, it's highly unlikely Marvel is getting back the X-Men, but getting back the Fantastic Four, which has flopped under Fox, is much more likely, considering that Marvel and Fox are working together with the X-Men TV shows.
SpaceWolf
No one cared who I was until I put on the mask.
(05-18-2017, 03:14 PM)
SpaceWolf's Avatar

Originally Posted by richiek

Yeah, it's highly unlikely Marvel is getting back the X-Men, but getting back the Fantastic Four, which has flopped under Fox, is much more likely, considering that Marvel and Fox are working together with the X-Men TV shows.

Just because a property hasn't been critically or commercially successful in the past, doesn't mean it can't be with a new interaction. Fox wouldn't want to completely give away a popular and widely known property that they could potentially turn into a major franchise just because it's what some Marvel fanboys want.

If anything, what Marvel immediately managed to do with Daredevil after Fox let it go has only re-affirmed that belief for them.
El Topo
Member
(05-18-2017, 03:14 PM)
El Topo's Avatar
The best you can hope for is that Marvel somehow pays out Fox and strikes a new deal with Constantin.

Originally Posted by SpaceWolf

If any particular project "damaged the brand" in regards to Marvel's mainstream strong association with high quality entertainment, it was unquestionably Iron Fist...whether you or I happened to enjoy it or not.

I don't know. A lot of people seem in denial about that one, just look at the IMDB or Metacritic ratings.
Last edited by El Topo; 05-18-2017 at 03:17 PM.
richiek
steals Justin Bieber DVDs
(05-18-2017, 03:16 PM)
richiek's Avatar

Originally Posted by SpaceWolf

Just because a property hasn't been critically or commercially successful in the past, doesn't mean it can't be with a new interaction. Fox wouldn't want to completely give away a popular and widely known property that they could potentially turn into a major franchise just because it's what some Marvel fanboys want.

If anything, what Marvel immediately managed to do with Daredevil after Fox let it go has only re-affirmed that belief for them.

Hence the TV partnership. Fox could not make any X-Men TV series without Marvel's permission, since Marvel owns the TV rights.
Pachimari
Member
(05-18-2017, 03:17 PM)
Pachimari's Avatar
I feel like it's an echochamber in here discussing the rights issues again and again, and then the occasional news story here and there. There's no meat to anything, unlike the DCEU OT where people discuss stuff from the movies. They feel like a more cohesive superhero group who can take the piss on each other, while we may as well be the all serious LMDs.

Originally Posted by GAMEPROFF

Remember when Cap woke up in the end of The First Avenger and thought Hydra was behind the imaginary 1940s-New York?

He wasnt wrong :D

I don't remember this. I should rewatch The First Avenger! You got a picture of this moment?
Last edited by Pachimari; 05-18-2017 at 03:41 PM.
SpaceWolf
No one cared who I was until I put on the mask.
(05-18-2017, 03:35 PM)
SpaceWolf's Avatar
Who has the rights for Frogman? Is it Paramount Pictures?
GuitarAtomik
Member
(05-18-2017, 03:38 PM)
GuitarAtomik's Avatar

Originally Posted by SpaceWolf

The countless factors surrounding Sony eventually deciding to strike a deal to share the Spiderman property were incredibly unique and multi-faceted (the divided merchandising rights, the studio hierarchy, the established relationship between the two studios, the Sony email hack) and it was only through their adding up that we got something completely unprecedented. It's not something we're likely to see again (if ever) for a very long time. If there was one down-side to the Marvel/Sony deal, it was the fact that it suddenly gave a lot of fans the idea that movie studios are suddenly now prone to trading those kind of properties around like baseball cards, when that's absolutely not how these studios function within the film industry by their very nature.

It's like those people who genuinely believe that there's a chance that 20th Century Fox will suddenly decide to start sharing its widely popular, highly profitable X-Men franchise with a rival studio, for no reason other than the fact it would be "really cool!". It's just not happening.

To be fair, studios have been willing to trade stuff around here and there. Ego is an example. Fox borrowed Kingpin from Sony for the Daredevil movie. You're right though in that something on the scale of Spider-Man is pretty unprecedented and not likely to happen often if again at all.
SpaceWolf
No one cared who I was until I put on the mask.
(05-18-2017, 03:39 PM)
SpaceWolf's Avatar

Originally Posted by GuitarAtomik

To be fair, studios have been willing to trade stuff around here and there. Ego is an example. Fox borrowed Kingpin from Sony for the Daredevil movie. You're right though in that something on the scale of Spider-Man is pretty unprecedented and not likely to happen often if again at all.

Sure, but Ego the Living Planet and Negasonic Teenage Warhead are background characters. They're not well known, franchisable characters, or franchisable properties in their own right.

Didn't know about the Kingpin thing though, interestingly.
Pachimari
Member
(05-18-2017, 03:43 PM)
Pachimari's Avatar
Did the Council take control from Nick Fury to tell the Shield operatives to take down the Avengers on the Hellicarrier?

And I guess the Council gave the go ahead to nuke New York City so 1) they could minimize the amount of casualties from such an alien invasion and 2) the Council consisted of Hydra members and wanted to cause damage with this missile?
SpaceWolf
No one cared who I was until I put on the mask.
(05-18-2017, 03:45 PM)
SpaceWolf's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pachimari

Did the Council take control from Nick Fury to tell the Shield operatives to take down the Avengers on the Hellicarrier?

And I guess the Council gave the go ahead to nuke New York City so 1) they could minimize the amount of casualties from such an alien invasion and 2) the Council consisted of Hydra members and wanted to cause damage with this missile?

.....

.......who owns the rights to S.W.O.R.D then?
ReplacementPelican
Member
(05-18-2017, 03:54 PM)
ReplacementPelican's Avatar

Originally Posted by SpaceWolf

.....

.......who owns the rights to S.W.O.R.D then?

Fox, apparently. I think some of the SHIELD people revealed it recently.
SpaceWolf
No one cared who I was until I put on the mask.
(05-18-2017, 03:55 PM)
SpaceWolf's Avatar

Originally Posted by ReplacementPelican

Fox, apparently. I think some of the SHIELD people revealed it recently.

I'm just teasing Pachimari :)
Pachimari
Member
(05-18-2017, 03:56 PM)
Pachimari's Avatar

Originally Posted by SpaceWolf

.....

.......who owns the rights to S.W.O.R.D then?

Dude, you quoted the wrong post.

It just sucks how I can spend 3-4 hours going through the Avengers movie, writing a post and asking some questions, and then the echochamber repeats itself, meaning that post amounted to nothing.
Last edited by Pachimari; 05-18-2017 at 03:59 PM.
George Oscar Bluth II
Banned
(05-18-2017, 04:03 PM)

Originally Posted by Pachimari

I feel like it's an echochamber in here discussing the rights issues again and again, and then the occasional news story here and there. There's no meat to anything, unlike the DCEU OT where people discuss stuff from the movies. They feel like a more cohesive superhero group who can take the piss on each other, while we may as well be the all serious LMDs.

Well, if we all become human we may turn out to be like Ophelia and we wouldn't want that...
Pachimari
Member
(05-18-2017, 04:07 PM)
Pachimari's Avatar

Originally Posted by George Oscar Bluth II

Well, if we all become human we may turn out to be like Ophelia and we wouldn't want that...

I feel like I already am Ophelia.

Welp.
SpaceWolf
No one cared who I was until I put on the mask.
(05-18-2017, 04:10 PM)
SpaceWolf's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pachimari

Dude, you quoted the wrong post.

Nah, I just was lightly poking fun of your irritation of the rights discussion in here by bringing it up on a completely unrelated tangent.

Originally Posted by Pachimari

It just sucks how I can spend 3-4 hours going through the Avengers movie, writing a post and asking some questions, and then the echochamber repeats itself, meaning that post amounted to nothing.

It's weirding me out how you're literally getting upset that your post hasn't become the central focus attention within the current discussion, dude. Relax.
GAMEPROFF
Member
(05-18-2017, 04:16 PM)
GAMEPROFF's Avatar
I appreciated your post, I just had not time to reply to it earlier.

Originally Posted by Pachimari

Did the Council take control from Nick Fury to tell the Shield operatives to take down the Avengers on the Hellicarrier?

And I guess the Council gave the go ahead to nuke New York City so 1) they could minimize the amount of casualties from such an alien invasion and 2) the Council consisted of Hydra members and wanted to cause damage with this missile?

The Council wasnt Hydra, just Alex Pierce, the boss of Fury and the Sleeper Agents. And I think the Counsil is in control of SHIELD.

Originally Posted by Pachimari

I don't remember this. I should rewatch The First Avenger! You got a picture of this moment?

https://youtu.be/plgniAt36YY

Looks like its been a case of Mandela effect^^
Pachimari
Member
(05-18-2017, 04:18 PM)
Pachimari's Avatar

Originally Posted by SpaceWolf

Nah, I just was lightly poking fun of your irritation of the rights discussion in here by bringing it up on a completely unrelated tangent.

It's weirding me out how you're literally getting upset that your post hasn't become the central focus attention within the current discussion, dude. Relax.

I know you're poking fun at me.

I didn't want my post to become the central discussion. I had just hoped there would come more discussion out of the movies we've already got as part of the MCU.

Originally Posted by GAMEPROFF

I appreciated your post, I just had not time to reply to it earlier.

The Council wasnt Hydra, just Alex Pierce, the boss of Fury and the Sleeper Agents. And I think the Counsil is in control of SHIELD.

Is Alex Pierce the boss of the Council? Or is he part of the Council with Malick?
Last edited by Pachimari; 05-18-2017 at 04:21 PM.

Thread Tools