• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

^ I would love to know this too, Gerstmann really makes me want to play this but I don't want to play every game after 5 minutes of waiting... Can anyone confirm how good the community is, is there enough people to field a game constantly? At during prime Time? Also would I have to get all of the dlc? Black OPS 3 does not interest me and now I am lttp with a ps4.

Just picked this game up at the weekend. Haven't played a COD since the first Black Ops and was in the mood for a linear war FPS but didn't fancy spending ~£40 on BO3, so got this for £10 in Game. Played about four missions so far and it feels good, although I haven't played anything which has felt particularly memorable yet. I liked the car chase on the freeway, but I'd have preferred it having been player-controlled like the chase at the end of Uncharted 2, instead of a glorified QTE.

Visuals are amazing and I like that many of the levels feel quite wide open, although I'm constantly having trouble spotting enemies. I like the threat grenades in principle, although I wish I didn't need to use them so much. The gadgets you get are cool, but honestly so far feel a bit unnecessary, and given that my suits keep switching between missions I'm never quite sure which gadgets I'm supposed to have at any given time. I keep trying to deploy the wrist riot shield and it not being there - and I know it gives you an overview of the suit you're wearing on the loading screen, but I don't feel like the game did a very good overview of the suit abilities or the hotkey for them.

I'm typically an offline-only player, but are any of the other modes besides the campaign worth playing?

Making good progress. Completed the mission last night where you
crash the Atlas plane to get a sample of the Manticore virus
, and I've got to say I'm really enjoying this. I don't know how well it will hold up on repeat plays because I don't think the missions are as classic as in COD4, but they've made a really good job of ensuring there's variety and the set-pieces are really exciting. Kevin Spacey is great as
the OTT villain who's taking over the world in plain sight
, although I don't get why
Hades didn't release the video of Irons knowing about the reactor sabotage in the four years since it happened. It was especially convenient that he had it with him when Mitchell and Ilona arrived to assassinate him
. A little detail, but given that the power suits let them move heavy things, one-hit-kill enemies, leap high and survive huge drops and so on,
I really didn't like how Ilona had trouble when she was fighting Hades one-on-one. She should have just batted him once and at the very least knocked him out
. Changing the way they work for dramatic effect is bullshit.

Top Bottom