• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light IOTI A dead island on the mirror's edge.

g23

European pre-madonna
OP, you didn't correctly link to the gifs

You need to get the direct image address (usually just right click and 'Copy Image Address') and put that in the image tags.

CHOPCHOP.gif

.lol really now?

PC version can be got for 25% off with no sales tax on GMG, but I'm still holding off... I'm kind of worried this will turn out to be a bit of a stinker. Also worried about the PC port quality.

Yeah, this is definitely a game I need feedback on before getting it.

So whats the concensus on STEAM unlock? 12am PST for the whole world? or can we VPN some other country that has an earlier unlock.

Dr.Acula

Banned
There are some streamers on twitch.tv playing this. If you don't want to wait for reviews, just watch some gameplay for half-an-hour and you'll get a sense of it.

Klyka

Banned
Question: Is there any kind of different "armor" or clothes in this (presumably that change stats) or just weapons?

Yes, there are quite a few different outfits you can find and earn in the game.
Some were pre-order stuff from GAME, for example a Ninja outfit.

JayEH

I keep telling myself I won't get this game day 1 but I might break tomorrow. The lack of reviews is a bit concerning though.

Skyzard

Banned
I'm watching a stream-
http://www.twitch.tv/gamespot

Looks pretty fun so far. There's this cool uh, camera mode where you turn around quickly and everything slows down. Makes things intense..

Ehhh...ehhhh..oh god I might want this.

That was really interesting...turns camera around fast and sees the zombie running behind them in slow-mo. Very cool.

I don't know how a first person zombie game can work well for everyone without difficulty modes though. Hopefully it's balanced nicely...for me :p

Kinda bummed about no wall-running or jumping though after hearing how much parkour focus there was. It's just climbing apparently (although going off of google for the info).

MUnited83

For you.
PC version can be got for 25% off with no sales tax on GMG, but I'm still holding off... I'm kind of worried this will turn out to be a bit of a stinker. Also worried about the PC port quality.

I played a bit of the preview version. Runs pretty damn well, imo.

Don't be rude! I was trying to help OP so if you quoted me, you can see I did it right.

Turns out it is a bad image host.
Just joking around man. :p

I tried to upload them to Imgur, but it kept getting stuck optimizing them and I'm impatient.

Edit: It's probably not the best idea to include gifs in the OT either.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So whats the concensus on STEAM unlock? 12am PST for the whole world? or can we VPN some other country that has an earlier unlock.

It unlocks worldwide in 9 hours. I was hoping for a last-minute change to a midnight release here in Australia, in which case it would have unlocked 10 hours ago, but alas.

ClearData

Hey guys I got this coming in from Gamefly for PS4. I don't have any friends getting it though.

Typemoon13 is my PSN. Just let me know you are from GAF if you shoot me a request.

Jobbs

Banned
can you play basic campaign co-op in this game? in other words, if I'm playing the regular campaign, can a friend drop in?

also, while it appears it has 4 selectable premade characters like dead island, how far does the customization go? what's "customize" mean for them?

MUnited83

For you.
lol @gamestop stream. The game switched to day (thus making the objective unavailable to be activated) just as the guy was about to finish it.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Great OP title. Game looks great, but I'm gonna wait for it to hit 30 bucks. My backlog is huge, and I have Pillars of Eternity and The Witcher 3 preordered. I suspect those two games will take up the majority of my gaming time this year.

There are some streamers on twitch.tv playing this. If you don't want to wait for reviews, just watch some gameplay for half-an-hour and you'll get a sense of it.

25% off at GMG: HYEHZ0-GNKD1A-GFNGMQ

pCcB0IB.png

I call this one man play, "The Caving of a Sucker."

Jobbs

Banned
no reviews before launch sucks though, even if the game seems good

Reviews are pretty inane these days. They probably don't think it has next gen enough gameplay. Not sure it matters. If you're cautious about the game, waiting for Neogaf impressions is a much better bet. :)

Skyzard

Banned
What do I put in the preorder number? I have a greenman gaming reciept....

I got mine from a russian dude and just wrote steam for where I purchased but didn't fill out the order number iirc. Still seemed to work fine - just had to link my steam account.

jond76

Banned
eww...was this the best gaf could come up with? so...is this game's parkour as good as mirrors edge?

Ain't no thang. I tried, sorry it wasn't good enough for you. Looking forward to your future contributions.

Sorry about the sketchy image hosting. I'll try to clean it up in a bit.

DOWN

Banned
If you've preordered...get your "dockets" here:

https://dockets.dyinglightgame.com/

I still got 6 and I did it yesterday. Apparently you can use them to get cooler weapons...but don't use them all at the start as you get better stuff the higher rank you are or something like that.
Thanks. Worked for me.

What do I put in the preorder number? I have a greenman gaming reciept....

You can enter an order number, but it isn't a required field. I just entered my receipt number from Best Buy, but it didn't seem to actually check if it was real and let me get the dockets immediately.

Thanks. Worked for me.

You can enter an order number, but it isn't a required field. I just entered my receipt number from Best Buy, but it didn't seem to actually check if it was real and let me get the dockets immediately.

Yea I just tried and it worked with the greenman number I am sure it would work either way.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Ain't no thang. I tried, sorry it wasn't good enough for you. Looking forward to your future contributions.

Sorry about the sketchy image hosting. I'll try to clean it up in a bit.

seems like a fine OT to me.

that's mean.

haha...dude so sorry. i wasn't even talking about the content in the OP. i just thought gaf usually voted on the thread title. it was tongue in cheek...but yeah regardless i sound like an asshole. i apologize

can you play basic campaign co-op in this game? in other words, if I'm playing the regular campaign, can a friend drop in?

also, while it appears it has 4 selectable premade characters like dead island, how far does the customization go? what's "customize" mean for them?
Once you get past the tutorial, you can play the entire campaign co-op. Drop in, drop out, no BS. At least that is what they've said, and that's pretty much how Dead Island was.

Nokterian

This is stupid it is the 27th now in EU and we have to wait another 9 hours. This isn't the first time it happened it is dumb that they keep holding on to the US time. I am still excited to play it but c'mon techland...

realcZk

This is stupid it is the 27th now in EU and we have to wait another 9 hours. This isn't the first time it happened it is dumb that they keep holding on to the US time. I am still excited to play it but c'mon techland...

what about Australia?

If you've preordered...get your "dockets" here:

https://dockets.dyinglightgame.com/

I still got 6 and I did it yesterday. Apparently you can use them to get cooler weapons...but don't use them all at the start as you get better stuff the higher rank you are or something like that.

How the hell do I do this if I preordered off psn?

My account is already linked but its still asking me for info.

Edit: nvm, put in some bullshit and it still worked lol

KaYotiX

Banned
Game looks good, gonna hold off till I see some reviews or word of mouth from ppl who played it.

Dead Island still holds a bad taste in my mouth

therapist

I forgot i did the dockets thing , says i have 11 dockets waiting.

God damn you physical copies , i wont be playing tonight and possibly not tomorrow :(

I never understood the point of EXACT release dates...like why does it matter if we play it now or in 10 hours if we bought the game for full price? Why would it matter if we played it 2 weeks ago if it had gone gold?

Top Bottom