• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light IOTI A dead island on the mirror's edge.

Nokterian

what about Australia?

I do not know.

I never understood the point of EXACT release dates...like why does it matter if we play it now or in 10 hours if we bought the game for full price? Why would it matter if we played it 2 weeks ago if it had gone gold?

Blizzard does this when the release date is in EU on the 27th they release it at that date. It's now the 27th here in the netherlands just after twelve and a lot of games are released by that date. It's not about price it is about them unlocking it.

Mista

Banned
Thanks OP

Actually im not hyped but I will get it cause my group will + I waste time till The Order

ViciousDS

Banned
ALMOST time for some co-op madness!

wiaw-feel-time.gif

Compsiox

Banned
I never understood the point of EXACT release dates...like why does it matter if we play it now or in 10 hours if we bought the game for full price? Why would it matter if we played it 2 weeks ago if it had gone gold?

It's all about that FISCAL YEAR BRO!!

jond76

Banned
I, too, am wondering about pre-order dockets when I preordered on Xbox digital market.

Hopefully I get it AAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!!

Skyzard

Banned
Nvm - he's playing a different game in the stream I just linked.

I hope the difficulty scales in co-op. Getting worried about that, been hearing it's easy.

Any other Best Buy shoppers having trouble purchasing this online for in-store pick-up? Dafuq!

Same problem for me - I took it as a sign from God so I'll just wait for a sale.

Posted about this in another thread. Been a problem since this morning. Got a message saying that the game was in high demand and sold out so it was removed from my cart. Decided to order from Amazon and it will be here tomorrow. Figure I'll check BB website early in the morning and see if I can get an order in for store pick up and still get the $10 in rewards, if I can I'll just return my Amazon copy when it gets here.

Posted about this in another thread. Been a problem since this morning. Got a message saying that the game was in high demand and sold out so it was removed from my cart. Decided to order from Amazon and it will be here tomorrow. Figure I'll check BB website early in the morning and see if I can get an order in for store pick up and still get the $10 in rewards, if I can I'll just return my Amazon copy when it gets here.

Yeah I can see this selling pretty well, regardless of how it reviews.

I'm getting it because I loved Dead Island, despite how flawed it was.

Does anyone know if this game has the analogue stick combat option like Dead Island did?

Skyzard

Banned
Been watching this http://www.twitch.tv/eatmydiction1 (it's actually this game, not another) and people are mentioning you CAN wall-run! ... but you need to unlock the skill first, you don't start out with it.

So pleased.

Confirmed in an interview:
Gaming Illustrated: You talked about speed and agility. Let’s say you choose to level up everything on the strength skills. How does that affect your agility? Or is that completely separate from agility?
Tymon Smektala: They are two separate things. When you start the game, they are completely separate in terms of how you level them up. When you start the game, you are a video game hero, so you’re not a regular guy. Even with the agility level one, you can still climb on top of things, you can still do some cool parkour moves, but when you level up your agility, your moves get better. They are faster, they are more fluid, and you get to access new skills like slide, dodge, wall run and wall jump, so that’s how you build your arsenal of moves.

About difficulty - during day time zombies are slower. At night (which lasts like 7minutes compared to an hour of daytime) they are much faster and put up a chase, and there are different types.
Not sure how your rank affects things.

Also...there is a
grapplehook like tenchu

From what I recall with past GCU pre-orders...I believe the cut-off for the $10 is 11:59pm before release date unfortunately. :'(

urgghh...i wish they would just lift embargos once the game is out in the wild

But there isn't an embargo on the reviews! My understanding is that the reviewers simply haven't received their copies of the game to review. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

HowZatOZ

Banned
Eager as a beaver, though I feel like my 770 may soon be needing an upgrade. Grabbed mine from GMG with a 25% voucher (and VPN as US), got it for about $50 AUD.

RedAssedApe

Banned
From what I recall with past GCU pre-orders...I believe the cut-off for the $10 is 11:59pm before release date unfortunately. :'(

But there isn't an embargo on the reviews! My understanding is that the reviewers simply haven't received their copies of the game to review. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

oh...lol...well then.

Paskil

Amazing thread title. So pumped to play this tomorrow. WRY MUST YOU ONLY BE IN HODGKINS, IL, UPS? I never ever get games early through Amazon (earlier than release day).

Beast780

I'm kinda getting hyped for this. I loved the first 1/3 of Dead Island, hopefully Techland learned from it. Picking up on PS4.

moai

any streams going on right now? im about to pull the trigger on the psn store but i need to see some more.

Top Bottom