• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 - 4k & HDR Courtesy of Blim (Gamersyde)!!! Must See!

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Silly question, but is there a way to watch this on my TV without downloading it and saving to USB?

I only have an Xbox One S

If you have a Chromecast ultra or a Samsung TV you can watch these videos on Youtube (albeit with a much lower quality).

Quoting myself in case someone missed it:
Btw we've been slowly but surely recording and uploading some nice HDR10 videos of PS4 Pro titles. I highly recommend the Horizon cauldron video for some nice high contrast stuff :)
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_ps4_pro_4k_hdr_videos-19292_en.html

I'm afraid that OLED TV is two years old now and doesn't portray the HDR in the best possible way. Compare the data from Rtings with the latest 2017 C7:

Not only the latest OLED TVs get much brighter, they also improved the ABL a lot which helps with HDR.

Well, this is really useful to know so thankyou! :)

...but now I'm a sad panda :-(

I knew it was on the edge/cusp of when HDR stuff was getting sorted out, so I initially thought it couldn't do it at all, and was pleasantly surprised when it could....ups and downs.

rjcc

Yes, they were however where I found them.

You said they are not 4K, when you click on them they are huge, too big for my 32"1600p monitors

I didn't say they weren't 4K. My quotation marks around the 4K wasn't about the pixel count of the images, it's the circumstance of their capture. "there's no indication if they're in-game or replay mode, etc.)"

Blimblim

The Inside Track

And here I was thinking this channel was nice. Looks like it's just a bunch of stolen stuff from everywhere else as they just posted our video without bothering to ask before. I don't care if there is a link in their description (where no one reads anyway), they are getting a nice strike on their channel.

Theorry

And here I was thinking this channel was nice. Looks like it's just a bunch of stolen stuff from everywhere else as they just posted our video without bothering to ask before. I don't care if there is a link in their description (where no one reads anyway), they are getting a nice strike on their channel.

Wow they stole it? I will delete the link then.

CrayToes

Well fuck them. I've just unsubscribed. Keep up the good work, mate. The more HDR videos the better!

KORNdoggy

few questions. whats with the bouncy cam at the start of the video? and do they intend to tone down the shaky car components. i mean, the windshield wipers, gear stick and even the wing mirrors are shaking about like the cars going to fall to bits. it's a nice bit of added detail but it needs to be WAY less. wing mirrors and gear stick shouldn't even really move at all.

Ramzy

few questions. whats with the bouncy cam at the start of the video? and do they intend to tone down the shaky car components. i mean, the windshield wipers, gear stick and even the wing mirrors are shaking about like the cars going to fall to bits. it's a nice bit of added detail but it needs to be WAY less. wing mirrors and gear stick shouldn't even really move at all.

You have to get into a real track car to understand how insanely violent and painful they are to drive.

If you've never been in a real track car it's hard to appreciate or understand -- and i'm not referring to BMW M's, Mercedes AMG's, Audi RS', or any other road legal performance car -- i'm talking about a REAL track car.

Suspension in real track cars is fucking punishing -- it's full body torture being in these kinds of cars. The amount of vibration and noise is beyond anything you've experienced in your life. The wiper and mirror wobble is a result of rock hard suspension with super stiff dampening.

As for the mirror wobble -- it depends on the car and the construction of the door. In DTM spec vehicles, their doors weigh a few pounds and are entirely carbon fibre. They're held in place by a small latch and they vibrate like crazy.

FZW

You have to get into a real track car to understand how insanely violent and painful they are to drive.

If you've never been in a real track car it's hard to appreciate or understand -- and i'm not referring to BMW M's, Mercedes AMG's, Audi RS', or any other road legal performance car -- i'm talking about a REAL track car.

Suspension in real track cars is fucking punishing -- it's full body torture being in these kinds of cars. The amount of vibration and noise is beyond anything you've experienced in your life. The wiper and mirror wobble is a result of rock hard suspension with super stiff dampening.

As for the mirror wobble -- it depends on the car and the construction of the door. In DTM spec vehicles, their doors weigh a few pounds and are entirely carbon fibre. They're held in place by a small latch and they vibrate like crazy.

Interesting.

Izuna

Banned
Btw we've been slowly but surely recording and uploading some nice HDR10 videos of PS4 Pro titles. I highly recommend the Horizon cauldron video for some nice high contrast stuff :)
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_ps4_pro_4k_hdr_videos-19292_en.html

Just discovered these and want to say they look great! Should have been a new thread but sadly they're old news now.

---

They work on the S8 (instructions in this thread) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1418472

I do have one question, however, what could be causing the colour banding in the sky? Is it part of the encoding, or is this a bug on the S8?

Top Bottom