• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
3YXob5M.png
Wait wat de hell? Wheres my infinite quest reroll? I don't want this 40 gold peasant offering.
Bleh. NA advantage finally being put to an end.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
This is the most unbalanced and cheap game I've ever played. Mages and Priest are so OP. The matchmaking system is matching you up with people that have been playing this game for 100+ hours and have the best cards.

Yeah as much as I love hearthstone, I'm not going to lie; if I just started playing the game today, I would quit. It takes months to accrue a solid base of cards and a couple decent legendaries.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm happy that, for once, I get to use Miracle Rogue for these dungeons.

Haly

Kel'thuzad takes Belcher with Shadow Madness
Suicides Cultist into Loatheb
Cultist Deathrattle buffs Belcher, which comes back to me
I "Thank you" on reflex
Kel'thuzad emotes "You're... welcome?"

DIS GAME

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
RIP Hearthstone thread :( will miss it.

Haha I see why everyone is bitching about the Paladin class challenge, the deck they give you is terrible.

It's weird but works alright if you get decent draws. It's kinda like the face rush paladin but way too many deadweight cards mixed in. Ended up winning when I did ooze+blessing of kings(had traded all my board to abom explosion on same turn) then dumped a bunch of 1mana crap the turn after and divine favored into 5cards.

Haly

Nah, here's the trick to it.

Kel'thuzad does his bullshit when he loses the last of his armor.

However, anytime before that you're free to build up a huge board.

The best card for this is Cult Master, which let's you recycle your little guys and tokens into more cards and "combo" pieces.

What you're looking for are:

Echoing Ooze + Blessing of Might/Kings
Argent Squire + Argent Protector + Blood Knight
Echoing Ooze + Echoing Ooze + Defender of Argus

Remember that he'll Twisting Nether against a superior board at 8 mana, so you'll have to wait it out, then drop your game winners and just go for the face.

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
Yes. NA has at least a 5000 gold advantage over EU. That's huge.

NA isn't matched up with EU players. Nobody you're playing against got any advantage from the bug. You could have rolled on NA if you wanted more gold. I don't see what the big deal is? Your playing field isn't compromised.

It sure is a sloppy fix for the bug though. When you try to reroll it just blacks out the quest. Then if you re-enter the screen the original quest just reappears with the option to reroll again although you get the same results. I guess the programming intern got stuck with menu duty.

Nah, here's the trick to it.

Kel'thuzad does his bullshit when he loses the last of his armor.

However, anytime before that you're free to build up a huge board.

The best card for this is Cult Master, which let's you recycle your little guys and tokens into more cards and "combo" pieces.

What you're looking for are:

Echoing Ooze + Blessing of Might/Kings
Argent Squire + Argent Protector + Blood Knight
Echoing Ooze + Echoing Ooze + Defender of Argus

Remember that he'll Twisting Nether against a superior board at 8 mana, so you'll have to wait it out, then drop your game winners and just go for the face.

I just threw down every card I had early on then played divine favor. Then won around turn 8. He could have twisting nethered but I would have won in 2 turns anyway.

Minsc

Gold Member
Feels good to get all the wing opened without needing to pay any real money. Now I guess I have to finish off some of the more RNG (well starting hand draw) dependent heroic battles I've been putting off. :)

ZealousD, if you're still thinking you want to do |OT2|, the time is upon us. Feel free to just copy this one if you're still in need of a little more time... or if not I'll do it a little later today (copy this in to a new thread).

Tacitus_

A pile of shit. Harder than the heroic challenges wtf :D

Oh, I oneshot it, though I had a really good start. I had 2 squires and a BoM in my opening hand and by midgame I dropped ooze + shattered sun and the turn after that ooze + defender.

KT really didn't stand a chance.

Reincarnate Sylvanas is winning me every control matchup. People just aren't prepared for it.

If I don't draw lightning storm before turn 5 I'm almost guaranteed to lose the zoo matchup, though. Unstable ghouls don't help as much as I'd hoped.

zoukka

Oh, I oneshot it, though I had a really good start. I had 2 squires and a BoM in my opening hand and by midgame I dropped ooze + shattered sun and the turn after that ooze + defender.

KT really didn't stand a chance.

Yeah I just had terrible hands so many games. Finally got one with a curve into card draw and the rest was easy.

Now to bang my head against the heroics!

Minsc

Gold Member
Reincarnate Sylvanas is winning me every control matchup. People just aren't prepared for it.

If I don't draw lightning storm before turn 5 I'm almost guaranteed to lose the zoo matchup, though. Unstable ghouls don't help as much as I'd hoped.

Doesn't the egg trading 3:1 or at least 2:1 help a ton though? Turn 2 Egg, turn 3 Axe + Rockbiter the Egg, and hit a X/2 with the axe and X/3 with the Egg getting a 4/4, next turn you get to hit a 3/X with the 4/4 and another X/2 with the axe... not bad... then turn 4 you can Deathlord or Feral Spirit and have taunts and take the final swing with the axe.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
ZealousD, if you're still thinking you want to do |OT2|, the time is upon us. Feel free to just copy this one if you're still in need of a little more time... or if not I'll do it a little later today (copy this in to a new thread).

Created: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=126257084

I'm out of town on business so I just shamelessly copied the previous thread. When I get some time I'll try and add some more stuff to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom