• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

Omega

Banned
Liquid is garbage

losing to 2v4 retakes, 5v2 with Tempo on eco.

just give C9 two spots at Cologne, don't send more trash over to Cologne

Blizzard

Banned
I have fond memories of Team Fortress 2 prop hunt maps.

CSGO question, why does the "net_graph 2" display show higher ping than the scoreboard?

MayMay

Banned
Whats displayed on the scoreboard is the time it takes for your stuff to get to the server (the latency). What net_graph displays is that time + the time it takes for a response to reach your PC so the net_graph ping is the "correct" one.

Hixx

Watching this TakeTV thing and it's hilarious. People were saying Richard Lewis was being a dick yesterday but Rahim and Fiff are doing the cast here and just having a laugh.

Watching this TakeTV thing and it's hilarious. People were saying Richard Lewis was being a dick yesterday but Rahim and Fiff are doing the cast here and just having a laugh.

Looking at RL's twitter feed was pretty amusing, that dude is a nutcase.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm dealing with a fucking strange mouse issue, sometimes when I start the game it'll feel like I have 6000dpi and I have to restart the game to fix it. I'm using a G400s with only 800dpi active. Has anyone else had anything like this happen, or know a fix?

tootsi666

Is fiff there? What match was he casting?

I don't get how Richard was being a dick yesterday. It was more like him and Rahim didn't fit together at all and it got awkward at times.

Hixx

Is fiff there? What match was he casting?

I don't get how Richard was being a dick yesterday. It was more like him and Rahim didn't fit together at all and it got awkward at times.

Was doing dignitas v Hellraisers.

edit: LOL not fiff

cadian

SweetHands

Neo Member
I just started playing competitive games and am stuck on the 2 wins a day thing. Can someone tell me at what point it starts recording the cooldown time? Is it when I get my first win or the second one?

Omega

Banned
Decided to open a few cases today and was of course disappointed lol. My dream of getting a Karambit knife is so far away ;_;

you're better off saving your money and buying it

I think sneakypete and 7dollarhagane are the only ones who have spent significant money and came away with something worth having.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Is CSGOlounge the best place for skin betting? I have the itch to buy like £10 worth and see what I can do with it, no doubt I'll lose it all but it'll make watching games more fun for awhile.

Omega

Banned
Is CSGOlounge the best place for skin betting? I have the itch to buy like £10 worth and see what I can do with it, no doubt I'll lose it all but it'll make watching games more fun for awhile.

does the opposite of making games fun to watch.

the whole time you just sit there and lose your shit over every little mistake because that could potentially swing momentum in favor of the other team.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Oh fuck off, can't trade/bet for 7 days because I switched to Windows 10, I fucking hate Steam. I was going to bet on e-Frag, so they're going to win 100%.

Omega

Banned
Oh fuck off, can't trade/bet for 7 days because I switched to Windows 10, I fucking hate Steam. I was going to bet on e-Frag, so they're going to win 100%.

mayhem complained about the same thing.

he would have lost his skins

Gabe is just looking out for you

@Fatal we normally just play whenever we can get 5 people. Haven't played recently since we're too hooked on Rocket League though

Blizzard

Banned
Whats displayed on the scoreboard is the time it takes for your stuff to get to the server (the latency). What net_graph displays is that time + the time it takes for a response to reach your PC so the net_graph ping is the "correct" one.
Silly question, but how does the server calculate a halfway ping? Using some sort of third server as a reference?

Apparently nyquil is performance enhancing - just dropped a 40 bomb on a team of LE and LEMs and ranked back to LEM.

Clyde didn't help at all.

Mok pls review my demos and make highlights bc I don't have time.

Mokoi

Banned
Apparently nyquil is performance enhancing - just dropped a 40 bomb on a team of LE and LEMs and ranked back to LEM.

pls send demo links and with the power of windows movie make TM by Microsoft corporation I shall make sick frag movie

Clydefrog

pete's sleeping right now and yet i don't have any screens to spam of him bottomfragging :(

Divius

Played with an obvious hacker on my team. Checking his profile revealed it was a throw-away account, with his rank at level 3 and only owning 1 steam game. Makes me wonder what else Valve can do to curb cheating.
Honestly, valve doesn't care because they are making PHAT CA$H of all these people buying multiple copies for cheating/smurfing.

udiie

smurfing becomes an issue is when the ranking system becomes disproportionately distributed/assigned to individuals who dont deserve those ranks.

i still believe the best solution would be a matches played/won restriction for "veteran" matchmaking, to curb the effects smurfing has

More 20¢ skins, thanks Gabe!

7E6BB4EE50F1B4244EAF776CC25E6C65CDA5CBA6

ArjanN

There is nothing wrong with smurfing. D:

Smurfing is just cheating in a way that can't be caught by the system, in the end you're still purposefully dodging the ranking system to play below your level.

I know some people do it so they can play with lower ranked friends but let's not pretend it's ultimately not a dick move.

Haroon

I'm dealing with a fucking strange mouse issue, sometimes when I start the game it'll feel like I have 6000dpi and I have to restart the game to fix it. I'm using a G400s with only 800dpi active. Has anyone else had anything like this happen, or know a fix?

I don't know if you're still having the issue, but something similar happened to me with another mouse (MX518). After a few days of using it. It ended up dying.

When do you guys usually play? I would be interested in playing with CSGO GAF to have fun and see how shit my skills are :>

The times that people play are pretty random. I think it's mostly US Eastern time zone due to the majority of the players living in the eastern part of US/America's Hat.

Smurfing is just cheating in a way that can't be caught by the system, in the end you're still purposefully dodging the ranking system to play below your level.

I know some people do it so they can play with lower ranked friends but let's not pretend it's ultimately not a dick move.

It definitely is a dick move, but that's just the way it is. We do not have a unranked matchmaking mode so, the only option is to smurf if we want to play with our friends.

cHinzo

No it's to dodge the restrictions to prevents playing with friends when u can't get a full lobby of people to play with.

As long as they don't implement a 'normal 5 vs 5 mode' I don't see it as something negative. People whining about smurfs are the same people who are claiming they are getting held back by smurfs at their ranks.

Omega

Banned
lol @ this setup holy shit it's so one sided

Winners bracket gets the 1-0 advantage + get the only ban.

Let's just skip knife rounds and let them pick whichever side they want to start on as well.

Top Bottom