• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjay

"JudgeN, I can't wait to see your Dota 2 thread. Better be good blad, you have a lot to live up to from our bhai Swag, Milkman and Trenopathetic OT's."

YtZu8PX.png

go TL

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Why are there so many bad fanart haters!?

JustinBB7

Played 5 games tonight, won all 5. One of them was 4vs5 as well.

Good stuff. (they were in low priority because one guy in my party had that but still)

Vaporak

So since the recent patch dota 2 has started crashing when the juggernaut model is loaded. Validating game files hasn't fixed it, here's to hoping that a complete reinstall will work.

Vaporak

So since the recent patch dota 2 has started crashing when the juggernaut model is loaded. Validating game files hasn't fixed it, here's to hoping that a complete reinstall will work.

So that didn't work. I'm getting the error: "ClothSystem(heroes/juggernaut/juggernaut.mdl): bone back_fur_ - (R:0, C:0) is undefined in"

Anyone have anything similar happen and know how to fix it?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I'm on some next level losing tear at the moment. Few days now playing a lot and barely any wins. Solo queue, friend stack, doesn't matter. Just losing non stop. Almost every game, a single carry or ganker on the other team will snowball hard on us and there's no coming back from it.

Kreunt

Banned
I'm on some next level losing tear at the moment. Few days now playing a lot and barely any wins. Solo queue, friend stack, doesn't matter. Just losing non stop. Almost every game, a single carry or ganker on the other team will snowball hard on us and there's no coming back from it.

what modes? stop playing all pick if so.

LiQuid!

It's been almost exclusively single draft and random draft games. I just played one all pick game and got pubstomped by the only good Meepo I've seen in a pub, so yeah, no more all pick for me if I can help it.

I have been slowly trying to branch out into heroes I don't usually play (basically trying to get away from playing support every game) which has lead to friends I play with playing support for the first time and me playing carries and gankers so there are some growing pains there, but it seems like even when we all get on heroes we're used to we get stomped hard.

NBtoaster

Really love racecar lifestealer. Phase, drum, sange and yasha, halberd. You're so fast and have three slows so no one can ever get away from you.

Shinypogs

I swear to god the range on malefice is garbage. I mean I'm sure it's really not but for my first time playing Enigma it sure felt like I needed to be way too close to hit anyone with it. On the bright side a stunned enemy was almost always a dead enemy due to our anti-mage.

How long does it take to learn the survivability/real power of certain heroes? I have a hard time realizing when I can get a kill but don't push hard enough for it, both during a 1v1 in the open or where I'd have to go past a tower to get that last hit. This tends to end in frustrated team mates which makes me sad. On the flipside I will on occasion overestimate my chances vs someone and we'll either both die or I'll die and they survive with a sliver of health.

I've decided every single time I am Clinkz vs a Chen I'm gonna aim for Midas/Aquila/Orchid and just make his life miserable.

I don't even hate Chen, it's just his fault for existing in the same game as Clinkz.

ElyrionX

It's been almost exclusively single draft and random draft games. I just played one all pick game and got pubstomped by the only good Meepo I've seen in a pub, so yeah, no more all pick for me if I can help it.

I have been slowly trying to branch out into heroes I don't usually play (basically trying to get away from playing support every game) which has lead to friends I play with playing support for the first time and me playing carries and gankers so there are some growing pains there, but it seems like even when we all get on heroes we're used to we get stomped hard.

If you are playing with friends, I really don't think it's the mode you're playing on. It really comes down to teamwork. Improve your teamwork and you will likely see some improvement in your win-loss.

I started Dota 2 with a bunch of noobs and built up a win-loss deficit of more than 20 over 120 games or so. It was bad. I would go on massive loss streaks and it was frustrating.

Then I started playing with a bunch of better players, some of whom are in high skill brackets. I could hold my own in those games and did generally ok but the teamwork was so much better in those games and I found it to be the key defining factor for winning. I have since reduced my win-loss deficit to just 2 losses in 160 games. Everytime I play with my old group now, the lack of teamwork is just frustrating and it is a lot easier to get stomped.

Man, just played a game where we were playing from behind, 5-15 and we had lost all of our tier 1's, and then someone on my team just threw the game. Sold all of their items, made a courier train, fed that to the other team and then started feeding themselves, all the while insulting everyone. My match just before that had someone afk abandon in the first 5 minutes. I'm supposed to be playing this game to have fun and both games were literally ruined by two people.

I wish the matchmaking was more clear. Sometimes I play with and against nice (at least not constantly angry) people and have fun matches with even/decent fights, I think I'm at least in a mid or maybe even a high rank game. Then other times it's rofflestomps with what has to be the angriest people on the internet, I swear I'm playing in Low Priority. It sucks all the fun out of playing Dota 2. Those matches make me seriously question why I continue to spend time playing this game. Winning and losing I don't care about so long as it's a decent fight where people aren't shouting or typing obscenties at each other in three or four different languages but when I'm trapped in those matches for half an hour or an hour I wonder why I subject myself to this.

Loomba

Those matches make me seriously question why I continue to spend time playing this game. Winning and losing I don't care about so long as it's a decent fight where people aren't shouting or typing obscenties at each other in three or four different languages but when I'm trapped in those matches for half an hour or an hour I wonder why I subject myself to this.

I don't think this is the game for you, literally 70% of my matches are like this.

shira

Man, just played a game where we were playing from behind, 5-15 and we had lost all of our tier 1's, and then someone on my team just threw the game. Sold all of their items, made a courier train, fed that to the other team and then started feeding themselves, all the while insulting everyone. My match just before that had someone afk abandon in the first 5 minutes. I'm supposed to be playing this game to have fun and both games were literally ruined by two people.

I wish the matchmaking was more clear. Sometimes I play with and against nice (at least not constantly angry) people and have fun matches with even/decent fights, I think I'm at least in a mid or maybe even a high rank game. Then other times it's rofflestomps with what has to be the angriest people on the internet, I swear I'm playing in Low Priority. It sucks all the fun out of playing Dota 2. Those matches make me seriously question why I continue to spend time playing this game. Winning and losing I don't care about so long as it's a decent fight where people aren't shouting or typing obscenties at each other in three or four different languages but when I'm trapped in those matches for half an hour or an hour I wonder why I subject myself to this.
ynPEPzb.jpg

Yur a hybrid B/C.

ynPEPzb.jpg

Yur a hybrid B/C.
Interesting jpg. If I may...

A/D.

Competition against other humans is designed with the expectation that you (a) want to win and (b) are willing to try. If the challenge of proving your IQ and ability against someone else and standing atop their broken remains isn't the reason it's fun, why not just play bots? To me it's like basketball. You can play against other guys or you can play at a hoop by yourself. If you want competition (that is, partaking in a battle of wills and skills in an effort to claim temporary victory), you play with the people and your goal is to win.

Hell, even when I'm trying a new hero against real people for the first time, I'm pissed if I lose. I'm almost always positive and encouraging as I'm a really nice guy in general, but ...

...losing just isn't part of my DNA. It's not acceptable, ultimately. If I'm losing, it becomes my mission to figure out what I'm doing wrong, correct it, and shit down the next guy's throat. I go to the lab (usually in lobbies all by myself or against bots or 1v1's with friends) until I've worked out the problems or understand the matchups that caught me slipping better so that next time I can be successful. I'm watching replays to see what I'm doing wrong or what others are doing wrong and I take those mental notes. Notes about the big picture, the ebb and flow of the match. Notes about the little picture, individual lane matchups and execution. If I lose, I think about what I needed to do to win. If I'm winning, I think about the shit I could have done better to win more decisively. Even in in-house matches. It's all fun and games, but I still want to crit your face for 1.2k on the way to a stomp.

Failure is only temporary. Success is inevitable with proper repetition and expectation. To that end, if losing is a satisfactory conclusion for you (not you, but in general) on a given day (or every day), I'm not the guy you want in your party because we don't have the same goals...and not having the same goals usually ends badly. Some of my friends I never play with because they just play for something to do and even after thousands of matches, their game hasn't improved. Don't have time for that. So yea if losing ever became a satisfactory conclusion for me, I'd quit the next day.

Now understand...I get no enjoyment out of losses (they can be entertaining, but in the end they're empty at best and fucking frustrating at worst), but I always take the time to learn as much as possible from every moment of every loss. There is always, always much to learn. It's why I hate people who have a built-in desire to quit before games are truly over (this is a bigger problem in League than Dota since there's no quit option unless you're in a lobby). Often times, it's the losses when you learn the most and see the biggest flaws in your game. Teachable moments abound, if you will.

So yea, it's A for me. Or perhaps it's D, because a game can be a "good game" even if it's a loss. But I'm won't be "happy" or completely satisfied, if that makes sense. But I've had very few performances, win or loss, that I was completely and totally satisfied with my performance in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom