• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

SeZMehK

Yep, sheer force Nidoking blue. I'm a little upset that it's weaker than it should be but hey, that's what happens when you look like a nidoqueen, I guess.

I wish my nidoking was shiny. I won't go crazy over MMing what I want. If I get it while breeding, great. If not, it's all good. :>

Would anyone happen to have a Female Squirtle in a luxury ball? Or alternatively a friend safari that has Wartortle in it.
(Ironically my Friend Safari has Wartortle in it but I don't have a single one with Wartortle)

DaBoss

Would anyone happen to have a Female Squirtle in a luxury ball? Or alternatively a friend safari that has Wartortle in it.
(Ironically my Friend Safari has Wartortle in it but I don't have a single one with Wartortle)
I can breed one later when I get back home.
I just noticed that we're on page 400.... here's to another 400 pages! lol
There is no such thing as 400 pages, only 200 pages.

100ppp master race.

Spiderduff

Hello all, I am starting to create my team and want to see if I could get help. Not sure if theres a specific thread where I can do this, or I can start here. Thanks everyone.

Dandalf

Neo Member
Have you guys discovered an agreeable set for Aegislash?

I can't decide if I want a physical or special attacker, although I assume physical makes more sense. Since both stats are equal when he switches to Sword Stance, I'm trying to find a set that'll do well in game.

I don't do much competitive battling online, so it's mainly an in game Pokemon - do you guys disagree with the following set?

Adamant (252 ATK, other EV's are negotiable)
- Iron Head: physical, 80/100% STAB
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak: physical, 40/100%, priority STAB
- Sacred Sword: physical, 90/100%

Eh. Thoughts?

I can't decide if I want a physical or special attacker, although I assume physical makes more sense. Since both stats are equal when he switches to Sword Stance, I'm trying to find a set that'll do well in game.

I don't do much competitive battling online, so it's mainly an in game Pokemon - do you guys disagree with the following set?

- Swords Dance

Eh. Thoughts?

Need Knight's Shield to retreat back into Shield Formme. Move re-learner can teach I believe.

Wichu

- Swords Dance

Eh. Thoughts?

For actual in-game (story mode) it doesn't matter (but you probably know that).

If you want to use it in the Battle Maison, that seems like a pretty good choice. I don't think Iron Head is really necessary; I'd run King's Shield over that (Fighting and Ghost have perfect coverage). If you max out HP and keep your Speed low, you can ensure you're in Shield Forme when your opponent attacks you, since King's Shield has priority.

I run a mostly special mixed set with King's Shield / Shadow Ball / Hidden Power Ice / Sacred Sword. Shadow Ball deals huge damage to physical walls that often switch into Aegislash, while Sacred Sword deals with Blissey and Tyranitar that would otherwise wall it.

Korosenai

- Swords Dance

Eh. Thoughts?
I'd go with a quiet nature, kings shield, and one of these ev spreads:

252 hp and 252 sp Atk for a tank set

Or

252 Atk and 252 sp Atk to just destroy everything.

It depends on what you want to use it for though when it comes to those two sets.

Dandalf

Neo Member
For actual in-game (story mode) it doesn't matter (but you probably know that).

If you want to use it in the Battle Maison, that seems like a pretty good choice. I don't think Iron Head is really necessary; I'd run King's Shield over that (Fighting and Ghost have perfect coverage). If you max out HP and keep your Speed low, you can ensure you're in Shield Forme when your opponent attacks you, since King's Shield has priority.

I run a mostly special mixed set with King's Shield / Shadow Ball / Hidden Power Ice / Sacred Sword. Shadow Ball deals huge damage to physical walls that often switch into Aegislash, while Sacred Sword deals with Blissey and Tyranitar that would otherwise wall it.

This is awesome, thanks for the advice!

Battle Maison is a pretty big goal. I have some shiny Pokemon from Black and White 2 that hatched with the wrong natures that I need to buy an Ability Capsule for.

I'd love to use Aegislash in the Maison, but have yet to find a strong enough team to get me past the 17th or 18th battle... so getting to 200 BP is pretty rough when you're getting at most 2 per battle.

|OT3| Wall of Shame

790 -- MicH
702 -- Antiwhippy
573 -- SkullHydra
547 -- DaBoss
515 -- Nub
469 -- SeZMehK
438 -- spiritfox
391 -- Tiamant
381 -- HypnoDarkrai
375 -- ScraftyDevil

Wichu

This is awesome, thanks for the advice!

Battle Maison is a pretty big goal. I have some shiny Pokemon from Black and White 2 that hatched with the wrong natures that I need to buy an Ability Capsule for.

I'd love to use Aegislash in the Maison, but have yet to find a strong enough team to get me past the 17th or 18th battle... so getting to 200 BP is pretty rough when you're getting at most 2 per battle.

My current team is Talonflame / Greninja / Aegislash. Talonflame and Aegislash make a good combo, with Aegislash shrugging off Rock moves that crush Talonflame, while Talonflame is immune to Ground which Aegislash doesn't like. My best streak is 32; I still need to work on it some more.

I found that Mega Kangaskhan is pretty much Battle Maison easy mode. I went to 60 quite easily with that gal backed up by Choice Band Talonflame and Mixed Aegislash.

--

Also at those awesome people that are willing to provide a Squirtle, would you mind sending a PM when you are available?

Spinluck

Does anyone have an extra Dragon Dance Charmanduh?
And a Poison Heal Gligor w/Impish Nature?

Also for those that have Mew, Darkrai, and Arceus. I'll be able to clone tonight and tomorrow. So if you're feeling generous. Let me know!

Maybe you guys can help me figure this out...I've read in multiple places that Heat Wave on Chandelure is (with the help of the currently absent Pokebank) legal for VGC. However, I am struggling to figure out how to actually get a Kalos bred Chandelure with Heat Wave. What's the trick? What's the chain breeding path to take?

DaBoss

Maybe you guys can help me figure this out...I've read in multiple places that Heat Wave on Chandelure is (with the help of the currently absent Pokebank) legal for VGC. However, I am struggling to figure out how to actually get a Kalos bred Chandelure with Heat Wave. What's the trick? What's the chain breeding path to take?
You need to get Slugma/Macargo with Heat Wave. It can only be taught to it by tutoring it using a Gen V tutor.

Also, this thread isn't being used now, this is the new thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=752066

MboQ1LL.png

The balloons are pretty cool. Makes me wish they actually produced ones you could buy.
Pokemon Theme Park (that doesn't close) when?

i-Jest

Has anyone had any luck with getting Celebi from the event this month? Has anyone been able to download Pokebank for that matter? It's still not available for download last I checked. I'm just getting on X and Y now so I've got some catching up to do.

Top Bottom