• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante316

Ultimate PvP trollage:

1. Fatebringer
  2. Explosive Rounds
  3. Spam to enemies

Screen shake / knockback is so insane that enemies can't literally fire back before you have killed them with 3-4 super fast body shots. It's fucking insane.

Also it's fun when you wonder why Crucible once again is total garbagio to only realise that game has forced you into MURICAAA! lobby with insane latency to them. FFS game!

Tryin to unlock that explosive perk...taking a while, plan to use telemetry and hand in 5, 5000 bountiful

Namikaze1

Still need Fatebringer. :(
If anyone has oracles hard mode checkpoint, hook me up! I need the rewards from Oracle phase, Templar phase, and the Exotic/legendary Gorgon chest.

dengatron

I found my Warlock can just glide right across the jumping puzzle. There's some almost lethal fall damage, but she's survived both times now. Will see how well my Titan does when I raid with her.
You can use death from above to super over from the second right platform that you probably jump from now. You can actually triple jump as a hunter and glide/jetpack too, but supering is way more fun

timnich

Looking for 5 people to complete a normal raid at the Atheon checkpoint on PS4. I've gone through the full raid twice this week, and have not beat Atheon either time. If any one else is in a similar situation or is at a slightly earlier checkpoint let me know, I'm looking to start within the next hour. PSN is ptr19.

Reposting, anyone interested?

todd360

Still need Fatebringer. :(
If anyone has oracles hard mode checkpoint, hook me up! I need the rewards from Oracle phase, Templar phase, and the Exotic/legendary Gorgon chest.

Dat checkpoint! Hnnnngggggg

Yo run me through nightfall lol. Pls anybody! I can contribute with my hypebringer!

Suros is better. But epilogue is good if you want to equip an exotic secondary or heavy. The thing about epilogue is low impact, poor stability, and extremely high rate of fire. So it works good if you can keep her pointed at the bad guys but that can be challenging.

It's good for the Raid and Nightfalls with Void Burn but for anything else you might as well use the Suros Regime or Hawkmoon. Atheon's Epilogue has too much rate of fire and not enough stability.

I don't use it in the Raid at all, but I upgraded mine for strikes that have Void burn.

Alright, thanks for your thoughts! I'll upgrade it and use it in raid and strikes with my Ice Breaker.

How to achieve Immortality in Destiny(in PvE at least)
1. Be a Defender Titan
2. Have a fully upgraded Monte Carlo
3. Equip the perks Relentless and Unbreakable
4. Have a fully upgraded No Backup Plans
5. Punch something to death
6. Shoot something with your Monte Carlo while Force Barrier is up to reduce Melee cooldown until Melee ready to go
7. Repeat Steps 5-6 until everything else is dead

EL CUCO

Hard Raid about to get going.

I'll be sending invites shortly to those I added.

I think there's room for 2. Preferably 29 or 30 with atleast one leveled out weapon.

Looking to play from start to finish. Reply if interested.

I just hit level 30. Yay. Question, tho. Does it make any difference other than facing level 30 enemies in the raid? Like this week's nightfall, will I do more damage than when I was level 28?

All you people whining about all the useless shards you're getting
Wait till the DLC comes out
You will be thankful you got those shards

Namikaze1

Hard Raid about to get going.

I'll be sending invites shortly to those I added.

I think there's room for 2. Preferably 29 or 30 with atleast one leveled out weapon.

Looking to play from start to finish. Reply if interested.
I would like to join. When you starting? I would join now but I'm helping a friend with Nightfall. Won't take long.

phen0m24

Hawkian, you are one cool dude... seriously.. Starting OT's with your pro guides easily accessible, helping out GAFers in game, teaching and mentoring where ever you can... I hope Bungie catches whim of all your deeds, because they need to give you a trophy, custom emblem, or something.

Thanks again for your help getting my Suros! Cheers!

Seconded. Or thirded.

There is that bird emblem.... Start a clan on Bungie, Hawkian... "For the Birds" hehe

bladedances ability to cross distance with almost no drop is ridiculous. I use the shield during gatekeepers to just fly around the room without helping the raid group fairly often.

It's brilliant fun, mate :) Titans and Warlocks can play with that ability a little as well during the Sword of Crota mission since swinging the sword is similar to the BD animation.

dengatron

It's brilliant fun, mate :) Titans and Warlocks can play with that ability a little as well during the Sword of Crota mission since swinging the sword is similar to the BD animation.
Yeah the relic in the raid works that way too. I'll get around to huntering eventually but for now I need a mythoclast

If anyone is still trying to do Flawless Raider on PS4, please let me know (or PM me). Lv30 Titan with 30 raid clears and lots of maxed weapons. Would love to knock this out today...

i wish fusion rifles were sentinel beams and not long ranged shotguns. putting a charge time on a OHK weapon doesn't balance it out. would have thought bungie learned that from halo's spartan laser.

Ambitious

You can use death from above to super over from the second right platform that you probably jump from now. You can actually triple jump as a hunter and glide/jetpack too, but supering is way more fun

Also works with the upgraded double jump, but it's a close call.

Pocket Infinity is God.

Sad about the mag size nerf, but yeah I really enjoy mine. One more damage upgrade to finish it out still, but it makes me a lot more confident in PvP in terms of sticking to my team and helping to control/capture zones as opposed to playing primarily support and sniping or stealth rez'ing.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So I was strategizing for leveling up my alts with armor past 20, and I was looking through the guides and I couldn't find this info anywhere regarding the amount of light in each armor piece with each defense upgrade:

Blue level 20 armor starts at 13 light and can get you to 15 light (no ass shards needed)

legendary armor starts at 18 light, and the first two defense upgrades get you to 22 light (2+2) without ass shards, then three more defense upgrades get you to 27 light with 6 ass shards for each upgrade that give you 1+2+2 light in that order.

Raid legendary armor is the same as legendary armor except for 6+6+6 shards your last three defense upgrades give you 2+3+3 light for a total of 30 light in that order.

Exotic armor starts at 21 light, can go up to 23 light without shards, and the last three defense upgrades require 8+8+8 shards and get you 2+3+3 light in that order for a total of 30 light.

I was interested in this info and I couldn't find it in any guide. Please correct if it is wrong or missing details. Thanks!
Great research, I think you're exactly right. I can't remember the order of the legendary upgrades (might be 2+2+1), but I think you're right

Victrix

*beard*
Ultimate PvP trollage:

1. Fatebringer
  2. Explosive Rounds
  3. Spam to enemies

Screen shake / knockback is so insane that enemies can't literally fire back before you have killed them with 3-4 super fast body shots. It's fucking insane.

I've been collecting HCs with explosive rounds, so far I've got Timur's Lash, Fatebringer, TDYK, and The Chance. I have yet to loot even one of the Dead Orbit or New Monarchy HCs, and haven't found a Fixer with explosives.

Timur's Lash is absolutely brutal to get hit by, we played some rumble and I had a friend stream it so I could see what it looked like from his perspective. One shot would drop his shields, turn his screen red, flare his entire screen, and shake his view all over.

I already knew I was winning firefights against Suros users et al who got the jump on me, but in a straight firefight, if I don't miss, they die. Sometimes even if I do they still die.

If you're using a HC or a Scout, you want Explosive Rounds or High Caliber Rounds for pvp, full stop.

Atkison04

Have atheon checkpoint. Anyone want to help me cheese the boss? Normal mode ps4. "The7thAssassin" if anyone wants to help. I'm sunsinger. Already on and trying to build up my super.

After getting Plan C the other night and just picking up the Pocket Infinity, comparing them Plan C looks quite a bit better on paper except full auto mode on PI.

arimanius

I hate defender Titan. I think it's the worse subclass. But taking someone out of arc blade or fireborn with suppression grenades never gets old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom