• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT2| You Can Be My Yojimbo Anytime

Deku Tree

I finished every mission in the game on every difficulty level, including Dojo. I have one million glory, hope that is enough to buy a few of the new skins. And I have no interest in playing another difficulty level.

I might have to de-level and respec to make the next DLC interesting.

At least if I did that then I could put my Amrita into one of those container things and not worry about losing it.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I should have asked this a million years ago, but what happens when you soul match an equipment with a transferable bonus, to another equipment with a different transferable bonus?

Which bonus would stay? The base or the sacrifice?
Typically, the sacrifice, that's the whole point. But sometimes it doesn't get transferred for various reasons. Like say your transferable bonus is "+10 toughness", and the receiving piece already has a "+7 toughness" property. You can't have the same property listed twice, so the "+10 toughness" bonus wouldn't get transferred.

(Of course you also need max familiarity to transfer the property, in case you weren't aware.)

Typically, the sacrifice, that's the whole point. But sometimes it doesn't get transferred for various reasons. Like say your transferable bonus is "+10 toughness", and the receiving piece already has a "+7 toughness" property. You can't have the same property listed twice, so the "+10 toughness" bonus wouldn't get transferred.

(Of course you also need max familiarity to transfer the property, in case you weren't aware.)

Ohhhhhh that explains it. Yeah I was thinking it makes sense that way but couldn't understand why when I did it they said "it couldn't be transferred"

Auraela

Banned
Started game for first time. Please give advice etc

Ive picked swords n dual swords seemed best suited for me ( going by how each weapon attacked) Whats best stance for these weapons ? And what should i level my stats into ?

I picked the green guardian spirit not sure if thats right to pick ?

Ive made it through tutorial area and im finding revenant things i can activate which are really kicking my ass. Also how do u go around dealing with 4 to 5 mobs seems like this zone has few bits like thay

deim0s

Started game for first time. Please give advice etc

Ive picked swords n dual swords seemed best suited for me ( going by how each weapon attacked) Whats best stance for these weapons ? And what should i level my stats into ?

I picked the green guardian spirit not sure if thats right to pick ?

Ive made it through tutorial area and im finding revenant things i can activate which are really kicking my ass. Also how do u go around dealing with 4 to 5 mobs seems like this zone has few bits like thay

Concentrate on a single weapon first... Points into Heart for Katana and Skill for Dual Katana. Some for Body/Stamina too for health. Check your stats screen and use the help tooltips. Practise ki-pulsing and changing stances, then flux exclusively, check the movesets too. Some skills are passives, get them as they all can benefit you.

Pick Kato first as a spirit guardian (and level him up when amrita is abundant) and add some points to your Spirit Guardians minimum requirements for some added bonuses.

Don't pull mobs, kite and do 1v1.

xuchu

Not yet. I took a day break to play the Destiny 2 beta and cool my head. Bitch is gonna die tonight (I hope).

Here is a very useful Hino Enma vid made by a Gaffer:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=OCXa1ROvZig

That is such a brilliant video for anyone struggling with the Hino Enma boss. Keeps it simple throughout the tutorial, focuses on the boss telegraphs and not going too in depth. Great for when you're learning the game and mechanics.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
That video would have been helpful, but I took her out last night on my 3rd attempt. Basically used a combination of mid-stance and high-stance axe with some charms that improved my resistance to paralysis. I also realized that double tapping X allowed me to dodge versus dash. I don't know how I missed that fact, but it made certain parts of the fight a LOT more manageable.

Now to do some sub missions!

xuchu

That video would have been helpful, but I took her out last night on my 3rd attempt. Basically used a combination of mid-stance and high-stance axe with some charms that improved my resistance to paralysis. I also realized that double tapping X allowed me to dodge versus dash. I don't know how I missed that fact, but it made certain parts of the fight a LOT more manageable.

Now to do some sub missions!

Well done. Yes, the evasion mechanics change depending on what stance you are in.

High stance = always roll
Mid stance = dash but double tapping causes a dash then roll
Low stance = can chain 2-3 dashes before a roll. Might be a timing thing.

Auraela

Banned
thanks for tips above ive just done emma, took my 3 attempts.

i basically kept close to her and kept baiting her into her cllose range moves and then did a couple hits, when she was in air i just kept dashing, i completey ignored doing ki pulse against her and made my life alot easier, just kept baiting her out of the pools

Hybris

I wanted to get around to playing these before MHXX on switch, but with PoE 3.0 in 2 weeks and finishing up Zelda... Idk if it's gonna happen. Maybe waiting until DLC 3 to jump back in.

Deku Tree

For us Season Pass owners, we are gonna have to wait for the PSN store to update tomorrow and we will have to fake purchase the DLC again on the PSN store in order to unlock the DLC again I assume. That wait until 10am PST...

xuchu

Patch is not live in the UK, but can somehow see the new DLC trophy list. Glad that there is no complete all missions on Way of the Enlightenment bronze trophy lol. Fully expected it. Disappointed that they have added a new rarity as it makes all our hard-farmed and reforged gear obsolete.

Here are the trophies:

Infiltration Sanada Maru - Completed "Siege of Osaka". (Bronze)

Gesture of Reconciliation - Completed "Scion of Virtue". (Bronze)

Known the Land Over - Completed all "Siege of Saka (Winter)" Missions. (Bronze)

Beyond Death's Door - Completed all "Siege of Osaka (Winter)" missions in Way of the Demon. (Bronze)

Battlefield Guide - Collected all Kodamain "Siege of Osaka (Winter)". (Bronze)

Tonfa Master - Acquired Mystic art for the tonfa (Bronze)

Cleanliness is Next to Godliness - Bathed in evert hot spring in "Siege of the Osaka (Winter)". (Bronze)

Tonfa Triumph - Defeated Sarutobi Sasuke in "Siege of Osaka (Winter)" using only tonfa (Bronze)

Master of the Twin Sticks - Defeated Ganryu's Sasaki Kojiro using only Dual Wooden Swords. (Bronze)

British Militarism - Used all culverins in the Siege of Osaka. (Bronze)

Will of the Sanada - Defeated all of Sanada's Ten Braves in "Scion of Virtue". (Bronze)

From the Heaven on High - Completed "The Sparrow Flies Again". (Bronze)

Holy Trinity - Equipped the Kusanagi Tsurugi, Yasakani Magatama, and Yata Mirror. (Bronze).

Patch is not live in the UK, but can somehow see the new DLC trophy list. Glad that there is no complete all missions on Way of the Enlightenment bronze trophy lol. Fully expected it. Disappointed that they have added a new rarity as it makes all our hard-farmed and reforged gear obsolete.

Here are the trophies:

Infiltration Sanada Maru - Completed "Siege of Osaka". (Bronze)

Gesture of Reconciliation - Completed "Scion of Virtue". (Bronze)

Known the Land Over - Completed all "Siege of Saka (Winter)" Missions. (Bronze)

Beyond Death's Door - Completed all "Siege of Osaka (Winter)" missions in Way of the Demon. (Bronze)

Battlefield Guide - Collected all Kodamain "Siege of Osaka (Winter)". (Bronze)

Tonfa Master - Acquired Mystic art for the tonfa (Bronze)

Cleanliness is Next to Godliness - Bathed in evert hot spring in "Siege of the Osaka (Winter)". (Bronze)

Tonfa Triumph - Defeated Sarutobi Sasuke in "Siege of Osaka (Winter)" using only tonfa (Bronze)

Master of the Twin Sticks - Defeated Ganryu's Sasaki Kojiro using only Dual Wooden Swords. (Bronze)

British Militarism - Used all culverins in the Siege of Osaka. (Bronze)

Will of the Sanada - Defeated all of Sanada's Ten Braves in "Scion of Virtue". (Bronze)

From the Heaven on High - Completed "The Sparrow Flies Again". (Bronze)

Holy Trinity - Equipped the Kusanagi Tsurugi, Yasakani Magatama, and Yata Mirror. (Bronze).

No trophy related to the new difficulty? That's a huge relief, although it also most likely means that it's just a pure stat increase for enemies.

I don't think the new rarity level is going to be something for regular drops, but instead something that denotes specific and unique items.

Izuna

Banned
LOOKS LIKE I'M PLAYING IT TODAY!

--

new rarity means I gotta get new everything right? That fucking sucks, especially since A Gility with 200 Toughness requires a shit ton of work to get.

Deku Tree

Downloaded the patch but still getting that press square to purchase DLC button on the title screen. Gonna have to wait for the PSN store to update to actually validate that you own the DLC and play it.

I wonder if they nerfed Ninja Kunai. And I wonder what the new titles will be.

Izuna

Banned
Hmm, I'll wait until tomorrow then. I really want to finish the new difficulty and then do the DLC but I fear it's gunna be super hard.

I wonder if they nerfed Ninja Kunai.

They can't. At this point, you need an extremely OP build to stand a chance in WotD. If the new difficulty is even tougher in terms of pure stats, then Ninja kunai will be like one of the three or four builds that is still viable.

Somewhere between the timed I got the platinum in March and the time I picked up the game again in May, Team Ninja really fucked up the math in this game. I don't think you can beat WotD by just playing normally (unless you reached max level, even then it would be very difficult).

Izuna

Banned
They can't. At this point, you need an extremely OP build to stand a chance in WotD. If the new difficulty is even tougher in terms of pure stats, then Ninja kunai will be like one of the three or four builds that is still viable.

Somewhere between the timed I got the platinum in March and the time I picked up the game again in May, Team Ninja really fucked up the math in this game. I don't think you can beat WotD by just playing normally (unless you reached max level, even then it would be very difficult).

I did WotD with my standard build even after Aya-komori got neutered. Tho, I wouldn't have been able to do it without 3 of the extra life things (which are imo bugged because persistent damage overrides it).

Tenacity is a REQUIREMENT

KillLaCam

Banned

I have a pretty crappy lvl of 280 build and barely had any issues with WOTD. Don't think I can kill Maria or the Double bosses with it though. But everything else is doable.

I'm really, REALLY, hoping we get some unique Onmyou armor set with set bonus ability.

How difficult is it to use Tenkai's current wear, or something from Abe no Seimei?!

Patch notes courtesy of xuchu:

http://m.imgur.com/a/e6dvC

So they're adding a tier of gear above Divine called Ethereal.

Jesus.

It only drops on Way of the Wise.

I'm gonna do all of the dlc missions but I'm probably not gonna bother doing the WHOLE game again on another difficulty, so I'll probably never see Ethereal gear.

Also, you can now co-op with friends even though they did not complete the mission.

You can now play missions you have not yet completed while playing in Yokai Realm with a Companion.

Bring it closer to that GAAS status...

xuchu

The values for the following Set Bonuses have been increased:

Saika's Yatagarasu / Warrior of the West's Honor / Warrior of the East's Honor / Daiichi Daiman Daikichi
Tranquil Foundations / Head of the Iga Ninja / Legendary Mikawa Warrior / The Red Oni of the Ii / National Unity
Japan's Bravest Warrior / Righteous Strategist / Tactician's Ingenuity / Yagyu's Shinkage Style
The Crossed Sickles / Genius Strategist / Kaidomaru / Samurai from Dark Lands / The Heroic Raging Bull
A Master Swordsman's Power / Nioh Incarnate / One-Eyed Dragon's Ambition / True Date Family Loyalist / Exemplary Eye for Elegance

P9eH0fE.jpg

I really want to fight Yukimura wearing Masamune's armor and skin @_@ But at NG+ you gotta squeeze every juice for that extra damage...

Hope they buff all these lesser used armor to make them viable too.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
tempted but I think I will wait until the last dlc is out as well before I want to go back into the grind. Hope there will still be people left to play with then and the catchup won't be too bad.

xuchu

tempted but I think I will wait until the last dlc is out as well before I want to go back into the grind. Hope there will still be people left to play with then and the catchup won't be too bad.

That's probably the smartest choice for most people. The 1st dlc, taken on its own, is quite short and the second dlc is looking to be even shorter. They also only add two/three unique new enemies each not counting reskins.

People who wait until all three are released will have three new regions to play in, which will be quite meaty as a package and at least two new difficulty modes (probably three by the next one as well) if that's your thing.

Also you won't have to deal with team ninja making all your hard-farmed gear obsolete when they introduce a new rarity tier. Smh.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
That's probably the smartest choice for most people. The 1st dlc, taken on its own, is quite short and the second dlc is looking to be even shorter. They also only add two/three unique new enemies each not counting reskins.

People who wait until all three are released will have three new regions to play in, which will be quite meaty as a package and at least two new difficulty modes (probably three by the next one as well) if that's your thing.

Also you won't have to deal with team ninja making all your hard-farmed gear obsolete when they introduce a new rarity tier. Smh.

Yeah pretty much my main reaons.
I mean there is part of that being the core loop of the game and it's similar for diablo and thus it being part of the fun.
But the main reason if I can return and only want to limit the times I grind for great gear is because this year is so insanely stacked. Too much stuff to experience too little time.
Also stuff like level 400 might be even easier to get too with all 3 out speaking as an ex lvl 750 here.

I personally feel that it's better to hop in at the time of the new dlcs when you know the community gets a new breath of life. I'm basically employing the MMO mentality lol.

xuchu

I personally feel that it's better to hop in at the time of the new dlcs when you know the community gets a new breath of life. I'm basically employing the MMO mentality lol.

I agree and that may be good for players like you and me but for those who are just looking to play though the new content once and have no interest in farming or the higher difficulties, I think waiting for all three is the best.

------------------------------

Also looks like level cap has increased, caught a glimpse of a jp streamer at lvl 424.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Btw when DLC 3 hits with another difficulty. How bullshit will tengus be?
Especially in that one mission where 2 of them spawn at the same time in the smallest map ever. Hino Enma got nothing on that.

Top Bottom