• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Zelda TP spoiler thread: ALL SPOILERS IN HERE OR ELSE (late game spoilers itt)

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
*yawn* Firstly, you don't have to "cheat", and secondly, the only instance of "cheating" that MattC went into was the baseball pitching which is clearly NOT meant to be freeform.

The fact you can cheat and get the same result obviously means there is no depth of skill involved.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
The Black Brad Pitt said:
The fact you can cheat and get the same result obviously means there is no depth of skill involved.

the same result in what? baseball pitching? it looks pretty obvious that there is not meant to be any skill involved in the pitching aspect - it is just there to allow someone to basically feed the batter. all this shit was discussed in the thread about Wii Sports and Matt's blog post.

Well, I hate being late in playing a new Zelda game but the only option I can afford until my poor ass gets a job is buying the Gamecube version. I don't really mind though since the Wii functionality seems tacked on. The only REAL issue I have is that the fishing won't be as awesome with a normal controller.

Also I watched the older TP trailer, the one with the awesome music and great direction. It still touches me in my no-no places even today. God, I love it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OVnsY9VRb9s This one.

DarknessTear said:
Well, I hate being late in playing a new Zelda game but the only option I can afford until my poor ass gets a job is buying the Gamecube version. I don't really mind though since the Wii functionality seems tacked on. The only REAL issue I have is that the fishing won't be as awesome with a controller.

Nor will the general immersion level, I'll live without it though 250 is too much for me to spend right now.

dreamkats

THREE WEEKS TO GO UNTIL NINTENDO APOCALYPSE

More seriously, I think it's pointless to post my final impressions on the demo, since people are playing the actual game, right?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Not at all Dreamkats, the valued opinion of a forum member is always welcome over that of some paid college boy.

dreamkats

Syth_Blade22 said:
Not at all Dreamkats, the valued opinion of a forum member is always welcome over that of some paid college boy.

here you go

so, I played the game again for about 20 minutes (and yet, I still haven't tried the fishing demo)

-first, I was wrong before, Link can't go underwater in this demo (the one that was shown in september) unless you equip the iron boots

-apparently, there is no way to perform the stab after rolling on the floor, though Aft Dread Pressure said it was possible in E3-05 NGC demo

-I found a way to go from the beginning of the demo to the lava boss room without solving any of the problems blocking your way, which took less than two actual minutes. I didn't do it on purpose, but that was fun . By the way, I didn't see TSA saying anything about that when he held a wii party last month.

-the people that played before me were completely unskilled, it was horrifying

-I didn't find a way to perform the downstab Link was able to do in Soulcalibur 2 in the demo.

-and you don't care, but I won a Nintendo DS lite Pink Edition (french model) by doing the two best scores of the morning on Big Brain Academy. So cool to save 150€

Edit: Gamergirly asked me about the way I speedrushed through the demo, and it was just some kind of bug that occurred just once. When I tried to do it again, I fell in the water.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Q) In addition, for COMPLETELY rubbish gamer like me, how much time do you think it will take to finish (a rough estimation please,not including sidequests). Thank you.
A) A long, long time. You won't need to buy another game for months

:D

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
from that site about the music.
Simply amazing. I mean, Zelda always has great music, but every now and then a tune will play in the background and you’ll be like “I’ve got to stop playing cos that tune is just something else”. There’s one in the first area that’s based on an older Zelda tune but it’s remixed and is just divine. There’s plenty more to say on the subject but I won’t because some of the enemy sound effects and the Twilight Realm tunes are really ominous and it would ruin the surprise if I talked about them. It’ll definitely be worth buying the soundtrack though (hmmm, maybe we should look into doing a TP soundtrack on the cover of the mag. . .).

TheWolf

Banned
ugh, the stuff about the shield sounds like garbage. as does lack of camera control.

i'm getting this for Wii because i don't want to wait, but i don't think i'd be satisfied without the GC version with the refined classic controls.

ant1532

Banned
Went to Ebgames today since I had to preorder TP Wii (and GC version) today since I moved the money that was on it to GoW.

But hold up, EB stopped Zelda preorders!? DAMN. I hope there is no preorder bonus. I don't wanna miss out.

Error2k4 said:
from that site about the music.
Yea but don't forget.
Q) Is the music orcestrated?
A) No. I'm torn on this subject. I have a lot of time for midi music, especially when it's done as well as this, but there are definitely moments when the synth strings just don't have the depth or separation they need. I bought the Final Fantasy III DS soundtrack while I was at TGS and some of the stuff on there (especially the theme tune) is spectacular… really emotive. I think TP could've done with some of that. Don't get me wrong though. There are some great tunes in the game.

There’s one in the first area that’s based on an older Zelda tune but it’s remixed and is just divine. There’s plenty more to say on the subject but I won’t because some of the enemy sound effects and the Twilight Realm tunes are really ominous and it would ruin the surprise if I talked about them.

If by this they mean Dark Overworld or Death Mountain from ALttP then... best game ever confirmed.

Polari

Wii version is letterboxed on 4:3 TVs. The wait for the Gamecube version is definitely going to be worth it, as hard as it may be.

Polari said:
Wii version is letterboxed on 4:3 TVs. The wait for the Gamecube version is definitely going to be worth it, as hard as it may be.

But the Wii version has better controls, so why wait for the Gamecube version?

Bloody midi again. :( I'm kind of pissed at this, especially because they made a big deal about this being the 1st Zelda with orchestrated tracks. The impact a musical score can have on you cannot be understated, having a sweeping orchestrated score to back up some powerful moments could have really pushed this game over the edge. Instead we're treated to midi crap, very disappointing. Even more so because of the wonderful music in the trailers released.

Chibbi Brady said:
Bloody midi again. :( I'm kind of pissed at this, especially because they made a big deal about this being the 1st Zelda with orchestrated tracks. The impact a musical score can have on you cannot be understated, having a sweeping orchestrated score to back up some powerful moments could have really pushed this game over the edge. Instead we're treated to midi crap, very disappointing. Even more so because of the wonderful music in the trailers released.
They never said there won't be any orchestrated tracks, just not everything will be orchestrated. So, it is possible and likely that there will be a mix throughout the game.

ksinghsf

jetpacks was yes said:
I'm happy about the letterboxed thing. Too bad for gamers with small tvs, though. But isn't there supposed to be a 4:3 AR option?

wait, what? Is this confirmed? The Wii version is definitely letterboxed on 4:3 tv sets?!

GoldenEye 007 said:
They never said there won't be any orchestrated tracks, just not everything will be orchestrated. So, it is possible and likely that there will be a mix throughout the game.

Well Twilight Rockstar mentioned he's put in 34 hours, I think if it was a mix he'd have heard some track by now.

ksinghsf said:
wait, what? Is this confirmed? The Wii version is definitely letterboxed on 4:3 tv sets?!

The ONM dude said so in the link posted above. But another poster here said that there will be a fullscreen option, so I don't know what the truth is.

Polari said:

No, it isn't. The guy must be full of it - he's been playing on a 16:9 screen all this time.

promo_stand_tp.jpg

I want this.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Chibbi Brady said:

Maybe some music will be orchestrated but not most of it. It is at core a Gamecube game afterall, I imagine they designed it with a single 1.5GB disc in mind. Maybe they could have made new orchestrated tracks just for the Wii version but it wouldn't be ready in time to release this year, so I'm okay with that.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Twilight Rockstar, can I ask what dungeon you're up to so far and how long it took? You don't need to say what kind of dungeon it is, just the number.

Polari said:

Before everyone gets excited/pissed off, I can't 100% confirm that. There's no option in the game settings to set it as 4:3. And it would be a bit crap if the picture was stretched.
So surely it'll have to be letter-boxed?

Azelover said:
Maybe some music will be orchestrated but not most of it. It is at core a Gamecube game afterall, I imagine they designed it with a single 1.5GB disc in mind. Maybe they could have made new orchestrated tracks just for the Wii version but it wouldn't be ready in time to release this year, so I'm okay with that.

Yeah, I think you're spot-on with what you've said.

Btw there are some orchestrated tracks but not many. To be honest I was talking about the game in general, which is midi

Twilight Rockstar said:
Before everyone gets excited/pissed off, I can't 100% confirm that. There's no option in the game settings to set it as 4:3. And it would be a bit crap if the picture was stretched.

Yeah, thought as much. It's the Wii console itself that has the option to set your screen size, not the individual game. It'd work the same way every other widescreen game ever works - in 4:3, it'll cut off the sides of the picture.

Twilight Rockstar said:

Why would it be stretched? They'd just make the scope smaller. Cut off the sides of the picture, basically.

edit: ha, beaten

Twilight Rockstar said:
Btw there are some orchestrated tracks but not many. To be honest I was talking about the game in general, which is midi

Fair enough, they never promised a fully orchestrated soundtrack.

jetpacks was yes said:
Why would it be stretched? They'd just make the scope smaller. Cut off the sides of the picture, basically.

edit: ha, beaten

Fair enough. My old Trinitron 4:3 had loads of options, including letterboxing or zooming which would cut off the sides. I have to say though, the game is designed with the widescreen in mind. I imagine it would make taking out enemies a bit harder.
Perhaps enemy placement is slightly different in the GC version

Top Bottom