• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xando

German newspaper Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung reporting that Porsche has decided. Dropping out of WEC and LMP1, looking to join Formula E and as an engine supplier in F1.
Autobild reports they’re only joining Formula E.
Department wanted to join Formula 1 but higher ups said it’s too expensive for now(due to the new cartel scandal).

Jibbed

They're allowing the teams to develop aero fairings on the halo in 2018, can extrude no further than 20mm from the basic Y shape apparently.

As if they didn't look bad enough already...

Aiii

So not worth it
Autobild reports they’re only joining Formula E.
Department wanted to join Formula 1 but higher ups said it’s too expensive for now(due to the new cartel scandal).

It's not yet relevant until 2020/21, when cost will go down anyways. And they were spending 250 million a year on their current programme. So I'm sceptical about this rumor. We'll see.

Speaking of Autobild, they seem to think Nico Rosberg will be the Formula E team boss for the Merc team.

ucgoePG.jpg

xrnzaaas

Sad month for motorsport fans, first DTM and now WEC received a serious blow.

Formula E will soon need to host double races to get all the teams on the grid. :/

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Vettel's recent comments re the halo make it clear what kind of deal he made with the FiA.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
They're allowing the teams to develop aero fairings on the halo in 2018, can extrude no further than 20mm from the basic Y shape apparently.

As if they didn't look bad enough already...

Can see headlines "Radical Halo banned due to lack of visibility for the driver"

Fox Mulder

Sure, why not.

The halo already seems like it would snag stuff in crashes, like the razor aero elements on the barge boards if a car went over another one.

xrnzaaas

Lol halo promotion is at full swing. The F1 youtube channel didn't show any negative comments on the halo (especially the one from Magnussen) in their driver's press conference recap.

Lol halo promotion is at full swing. The F1 youtube channel didn't show any negative comments on the halo (especially the one from Magnussen) in their driver's press conference recap.

While it's great that Liberty is uploading so much stuff to the channel, it bums me out that we get only a massively edited version of the press conferences.

xrnzaaas

While it's great that Liberty is uploading so much stuff to the channel, it bums me out that we get only a massively edited version of the press conferences.

Check out the F1 Interviews channel, they upload all the drivers conferences and stuff like Ted's Notebook but only for a limited time so that their account doesn't get taken down (again).

This news popped in my local feeds today.
https://sanbenito.com/2017/07/27/formula-one-floated-san-juan-bautista/

San Juan Bautista planning commissioners will revisit an ambitious proposal to transform a nearby 550-acre ranch into a world-class car racing destination at its regular meeting next week. On August 1, the five-member board will hear from WY2M, Inc., a Los Gatos-based company that wants to bring Formula One Grand Prix and GP Moto Racing to San Benito County.

Location wise, the proposed spot is about 45 minutes north of Laguna Seca and about 40 minutes south of San Jose's airport. While I would love a F1 race so close to me, I really don't see F1 ever racing at the track 'if' the track is even built.

Jezbollah

"GP Moto Racing"

I would suggest they learn about the kinds of racing series they want to attract before they break ground.

While COTA exists, MotoGP and F1 are going nowhere else.

Fox Mulder

"GP Moto Racing"

I would suggest they learn about the kinds of racing series they want to attract before they break ground.

While COTA exists, MotoGP and F1 are going nowhere else.

I'm sure bernie's dictator friends really cared about those details.

But yeah, COTA exists and F1 will probably just want a major city street circuit for any additional US f1 race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom