• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am a bad driver, and have been pulled over 20+ times this year

Think of all of these tickets as trash talk in Overwatch.

Makes you step up.

And you're some Plat ass feeding Genji behind the wheel spamming for heals when you dove too hard solo.

dafortune

When I used to work graveyard I would get pulled over for bullshit like once or twice a week at night but not at all since then. Cops here don't seem to pull over anyone during the day here unless you're driving like a crazy person right in front of them.

Deepwater

Philando Castille was pulled over 49 times in 13 years. OP might be a legitimately bad driver but lets not act like the precedent isn't there.

jfkgoblue

I get that the violation happened and I committed it, call it poor driving or whatever, but the amount of shit people get away with and they find on me is too much to not be profiling. I got pulled over for "Accelerating to fast after a red light" or "Failure to yield" on a zipper merge. I hadn't even press the pedal. I can own up to the fact that the violations happened, but the frequency at which I get pulled over for them is not cool.

I've been trying to drive like a grandma, but the minute the police run my plate, I got a hound chasing me until the inevitable happens.
It's simple, you have an awful driving history, so you will get tailed and cops will wait for you to fuck up because they want you off the road. Just follow the letter of the law.

Beartruck

I get that the violation happened and I committed it, call it poor driving or whatever, but the amount of shit people get away with and they find on me is too much to not be profiling. I got pulled over for "Accelerating to fast after a red light" or "Failure to yield" on a zipper merge. I hadn't even press the pedal. I can own up to the fact that the violations happened, but the frequency at which I get pulled over for them is not cool.
Not sure what there is to discuss here. You just admitted the violations happen but you don't think you should get pulled over for them because...?

Also, assuming your other posts aren't trolling, it sounds like you have a history of aggressive behavior that you're constantly making excuses for. A little self reflection would be warranted.

Philando Castille was pulled over 49 times in 13 years. OP might be a legitimately bad driver but lets not act like the precedent isn't there.

That works out to less than 4 times a year on average. OP admitted he gets pulled over 20 times a year. Racism might be a part of it, but odds are good he's just bad at driving.

]I get that the violation happened and I committed it, call it poor driving or whatever, but the amount of shit people get away with and they find on me is too much to not be profiling. I got pulled over for "Accelerating to fast after a red light" or "Failure to yield" on a zipper merge. I hadn't even press the pedal. I can own up to the fact that the violations happened, but the frequency at which I get pulled over for them is not cool.

You're either a troll or have a stunning lack of self awareness.

DOWN

Banned
OP is your account just some sort of sick performance art?

Between this, the "I don't understand why nepotism is so bad it helped me" thread, the complaining about narcissists thread combined with your "I'm the michael jordan of overwatch" defense of toxic behavior in games, I refuse to believe you aren't just trying to fuck with us all.
This is the same guy? Sheesh. No way is this anyone else’s fault tbh

If OP has 13 years like the one he mentioned, he'll have been pulled over 260 times though.
I agree that he'd probably be able to avoid a bunch of trouble by not being himself, but I believe he'd avoid even more by just following the rules.

cr0w

Old Member
I've been trying to drive like a grandma, but the minute the police run my plate, I got a hound chasing me until the inevitable happens.

So you admit that, inevitably, you're going to do something that will get you pulled over?

Look, you're a shit driver. You should give someone a sledgehammer and let them destroy your car so you won't keep fucking up on the road. Hell, I'd volunteer, but I'm afraid you'd find a reason to blame someone else for your willingly handing the sledgehammer over.

Deepwater

If OP has 13 years like the one he mentioned, he'll have been pulled over 260 times though.
I agree that he'd probably be able to avoid a bunch of trouble by not being himself, but I believe he'd avoid even more by just following the rules.

I'm just saying. People using his post history as metric of his behavior is A-OK but the occasional "wow you got all these infractions so you must be guilty" rhetoric seems misguided.

cwmartin

I'm just saying. People using his post history as metric of his behavior is A-OK but the occasional "wow you got all these infractions so you must be guilty" rhetoric seems misguided.

He said so himself that he did commit the infraction he is sighted for. So that's not us saying he's guilty by association, its him.

Maybe use his post history in the very thread you're posting in as a metric then?

Sulik2

I was fully expecting this to be police racism, but you are just a bad driver OP. You are a terrible driver and a danger to yourself and others on the road. You should really take a remedial driver's education course where you actually drive in a car with an instructor and get someone in there with you to help you learn what you are doing wrong and how to improve.

Why don't you just post "did you mean 'cited'?" Instead. They're homonyms.

Are you getting pulled over by the same cops OP?

Because my native language is German and despite my fluent English, I don't know everything and didn't just assume I knew better.
Are they homonyms? I'd have guessed it's a "I would of" situation, where it's common, but wrong.
Double Edit: removed nonsense

Because my native language is German and despite my fluent English, I don't know everything and didn't just assume I knew better.
Are they homonyms? I'd have guessed it's a "I would of" situation, where it's common, but wrong.

My apologies, yeah they sound the same so I can see the confusion.

Edit: yes, and words are hard!

DOWN

Banned
I mean, going by OP’s posts in this very thread, he says he is guilty

It gets even messier when his other threads are mentioned

dickroach

you're a bad driver.

I drove 12,000 miles around the country last year, usually not going under 85 on the highway, and got pulled over twice.

Not sure what there is to discuss here. You just admitted the violations happen but you don't think you should get pulled over for them because...?
Seems to be "other people are shit drivers like me but only I get pulled over. It's not fair"

No offence OP but it's because of people like you I decided not to learn to drive, people who think they are better drivers then they actually are while also holding some sort of persecution complex that probably makes you even less inclined to get better.

Aurongel

Jokes and snark aside, OP should consider swallowing his pride and pursuing a defensive driving course. Plenty of adults return to them after years of having their license. I think that would be an eye opener for you considering all the dumb mistakes you're making.

Glix

I drive pretty much to the letter of the law. It's just not worth it to give them any power over you.

I live in fear of being pulled over and like, something about my face reminds the cop of a dude he hated in high school, or some guy who cheated on his sister or had an affair with his wife or something.

They have too much power over me and its too scary, I won't give them a reason.

That being said, I am also white, and aware of my privilege due to it, so I understand that others may do what I do and get pulled over frequently anyway.

The real problem isn't that the OP is a bad driver.
The real problem is how people who drive so badly get do pass on their exams in the first place.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'm not the best driver by any means but you've been pulled over more times in a year than I have in my entire life many times over. Damn.

t comes with being a black driver in the souf. Anyone got a cheat sheet for avoiding pull overs? Tint only increased me getting pulled over.

Wait, you think you are getting pulled over more often because you're black, yet you have tinted windows? How can cops see what race you are until they actually pull you over and roll down your windows?

My last point about people like the OP being the reason I didn't learn to drive isn't actually correct.

It's also the people in this thread giving the advice that he should be looking out for police and changing his driving when he sees them.

How about driving properly the whole fucking time and not just when you might get in trouble?

The sooner self driving cars take over the fucking better.

Hello GAF, today I paid off one of my traffic tickets *speeding they say* and decided to check my rap sheet on the world wide internets, and I noticed I got some odd 20+ pull overs in a year.

A lot of these were small petty shit like not signaling or California braking after a cop has tailed me for 5 damn minutes. It just keeps going, I knew I saw those lights a lot, but I didn't actually think it was this often. It comes with being a black driver in the souf. Anyone got a cheat sheet for avoiding pull overs? Tint only increased me getting pulled over.

Not signaling is pretty significant violation in my book. So I say you are bad driver.

Mohonky

OP is not a young male...dude is in his 30s. (I say this as someone in their 30s as well)

In my teens and early 20s I got pulled over nearly everytime a police car went by, even if they were going the opposite direction, they'd immediately do a u turn to come pull me over.

As I got older it stopped happening, but I only ever received 1 ticket in my now 18 yrs driving.

When your young, they pull you up constantly (especially if your car is modified). OP seemed to be racking up the fines non stop, so its all over his record he's worth checking out even though he's older.

Dishwalla

Banned
The real problem isn't that the OP is a bad driver.
The real problem is how people who drive so badly get do pass on their exams in the first place.

Also the OP being able to negate his tickets by going to traffic school numerous times, although he clearly isn't learning anything in the classes. There definitely should be a limit to how many times you can attend traffic school, OP seems like he's abusing it.

I'm black 38, and have been living in Atlanta for 6 years. I was pulled over for the first time about 4 months ago for speeding. It was my fault. Slow your ass down.

Nice mod title edit to btw.

In my teens and early 20s I got pulled over nearly everytime a police car went by, even if they were going the opposite direction, they'd immediately do a u turn to come pull me over.

As I got older it stopped happening, but I only ever received 1 ticket in my now 18 yrs driving.

When your young, they pull you up constantly (especially if your car is modified). OP seemed to be racking up the fines non stop, so its all over his record he's worth checking out even though he's older.

I had a very modded red SRT-4 when I was in my early 20s and got pulled over 2 times in the 4 years I owned it. Of course this all really depends on where you live and how you drive but being young in a car like that doesn't mean you get pulled over constantly.

But yeah like you said, OP's history is definitely a factor. Hell at this point I am sure his car is known to many cops that patrol in his area.

GodofWine

OP, until you start stopping where you are supposed to stop, and signaling when you are supposed to signal, or driving in general how you should drive in general, you'll never know exactly whats up.

And the tint, thats just asking for it, and I never understood why people liked it in the first place. Just so boy-racer-tacky.

televator

Signaling requires zero energy. I can't understand why people refuse to do it while swerving wildly into a new lane like thier little spot will disappear and never appear again.

Top Bottom