• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

atlusprime

Atlus PR
Any tips for the dancing mini game? I seem to keep missing the prompts.

Oh, and Kazuma is just adorable. I love how happy he is when winning a pocket racing tournament against children. Or how dejected he is when he loses. And the little inner monologues at the end of substories are cute as well, reminds me a lot of Gravity Rush 2 and how Kat would sum up her feelings at the end of a side mission, often on a positive, optimistic outlook.

It's always a half a beat longer than you initially think, but listening to the music and timing out how many steps helps don't rush to the next square if its got a long timer, take some extra steps. Oh, and if you hit the edge it'll actually stun you a bit. I personally found Friday Night the easiest song to practice on.

Niks

Sooo tempted to buy this game... But so many good games coming out right now.(and so little time and money)

Decisions decisions..

Recall

So Amazon promised a delivery today yet sent it via Royal Mail. It's after 4pm, it ain't coming is it?

Hopefully join in on the good times tomorrow.

Probably, there are minigames you can play with others such as Darts & Pool.
which is awesome, i'm glad that they included that

it would've been perfect if they also included a 2 player coop fighting mode where you and a friend can take on a mob

It's always a half a beat longer than you initially think, but listening to the music and timing out how many steps helps don't rush to the next square if its got a long timer, take some extra steps. Oh, and if you hit the edge it'll actually stun you a bit. I personally found Friday Night the easiest song to practice on.
Those are some good tips, John. Now if you could just give me a few Space Harrier cheat codes... I promise I won't tell anyone
:p

I was so close to getting that high score but I crashed into one of those futuristic looking pillars in the 4th level.

M.W.

Sooo tempted to buy this game... But so many good games coming out right now.(and so little time and money)

Decisions decisions..

Yeah, I feel ya. I could definitely see this game lasting me until March. I haven't had a lot of time to game lately, but this just looks super entertaining.

Thanks for the dancing tips.

Another question, how do you pass Miss Tatsu's Classes? The game doesn't seem to give you enough time to destroy all the manequins.

hughesta

Banned
Impulse bought this while picking up RE7 last night. Been interested since Yakuza 4 but had no PS3, and it just wouldn't feel right not to jump in now.

JJShadow

Another question, how do you pass Miss Tatsu's Classes? The game doesn't seem to give you enough time to destroy all the manequins.

I didn't have any trouble regarding time tbh, always had like 40-50 seconds left (at least for the two initial training lessons). Each manequin needs 2 boxes (6 hits in total) or so to get broken, make sure you execute the full square combo and it lands on the manequin

MSMrRound

my store's yet to receive it..may I ask what's the amount of memory space that's written on the back of the box for Yakuza 0? Thank you.

mileS

Did my part!! This will be my first Yakuza game (besides the one that was recently free on PS+, but I didn't even try it) Man oh man it is hard to justify a day 1 full price purchase these days. Something about this one doesn't make me feel as bad. They need to be shown there's a market for this here. We are very lucky to not only get this game, but have the localization be as good as it is. Downloading as we speak, I'll try to post some impressions 2 and 4 hours in later today.

atlusprime

Atlus PR

So. once you get the hang of Miss Tatsu's classes, all the secrets of the universe will be revealed (chiefly that Beast Mode is best). First thing you should do is pick up a box. Closest box. You can use the square combo to hulkingly pirouette towards the target. Once you get there, smashy smashy with square combos until the box breaks. Grab another box, and repeat. Pay attention to the monetary value on the box too, smash the bigger ones.

But yeah, get used to using square to pick up a box and simultaneously attack with it, and you won't go wrong.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There's already two potential OT2 titles

|OT2| That's rad.
|OT2| I used to be a Yakuza like you but then I took a knife in the ribs

8bit

Knows the Score
WZ9r6xH.jpg

Almost any time now, pretty sure I went in just at the start of Chapter Two. Maybe need to do some story things first but you're nearly there.

Alastor3

I hate you guys so much....... I was about to only buy Nioh next month but now...... I really want to try a yakuza... i have so little money.... nghhhh

Almost any time now, pretty sure I went in just at the start of Chapter Two. Maybe need to do some story things first but you're nearly there.

Good to know, thanks. :)

Already addicted to OutRun and Super Hang On, once I unlock the Circuit, I probably won't make any progress on the main story until I 100% it, lol.

SephLuis

To be fair, even brawler feels off without his signature Square x 3, Triangle x 2 combo

It's somewhere in there. You just need to find it. ;D
To get more moves check the spoiler below.

Can please someone explain me how do I unlock the locked tiers for abilities? I have ALL the abilities for Beast/Slugger trees and yet I dont have access to the next tier. I've talked to the girl in the pier to see if I could unlock more but it's a no-go.

Defeating
the 5 billionaires or 5 stars unlocks the tiers

IIRC, the Pocket Circuit is in the northwest part of Kamurocho and there's a woman in front of it that calls you to it. Though I am not sure if you can access it on chapter 2.

I hate you guys so much....... I was about to only buy Nioh next month but now...... I really want to try a yakuza... i have so little money.... nghhhh

You know you want it. And Nioh doesn't come with a business card holder.

alt27

Ok, just finnished my first 9 hours in a Yakuza game ever.

Impressions -

Wow. What a blast.

- Story is great (i just got mid chapter 5) really engrossing characters (fantastic baddies), amazing voice acting, both Kiryu and Majima are amazing protaginists and I love the switching between stories. Western AAA games should take note of the story telling here

- Game looks stylish as fuck. Cut scenes are superb, graphics are sharp and the 60fps is sweet/ I also like the transation between some of the cut scene types, just gives it a great japanese feel to it

- Fighting styles are great fun and I like switching between them. Every punch feels like it connects, and the upgrade sytem is well thought out.

-Side quests are hilarious as fuck and are good lengths too

- Mini games are superb, disco and karioke are favs so far.

What a well developed great fucking title. Kicking myself for having ignored this series in the past. Bravo Sega

I'm really fighting the urge to pick this up after work today...

Quick question (I've never played a Yakuza game)...

After finishing the main story, can I wander around doing side missions, playing arcade games, etc?

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
This is my first Yakuza get so I dunno what to expect. I'm hype tho.

Edit: I'm keeping the business card case. The design on this thing is sick!

Top Bottom