• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

It's the opposite of a sit
tenor.gif

Sugar and Pudding aren't hax's like stands?

Sugar's DF is about as close as it's going to get to Stands because the ability has layers that need to be circumvented.

I find it funny because there is a Jojo character who's weirdly similar to Sugar in both ability and powers.

As for Pudding? pshhh that's straightforward. If this was Jojo Reiju would have spoiled Sanji on the ending to the sixth sense.

Ogodei

I'd say Moria and Big Mom are up there with Sugar in terms of skill complexity. Only difference is Sugar's makes less sense from its core gimmick. One of the more unintuitive devil fruits.

Euphony

Banned
Lol ok ok. Is the anime good?
So daifukus power would be a stand right? Aha I get it

I can't personally vouch for how good the anime adaptations are, but from what I read on GAF people did enjoy them. I would recommend reading JoJo as well since most of the series doesn't even have an anime adaptation...yet

Ray Down

Banned
The anime is very good, where's the other Jojo fans in the OT when we need them.

If you are going to watch the English dub, get ready for bad English accents though.

LotusHD

Banned
B-Leg hasn't watched/read Jojo yet? Fix that.

Damn like how do they go back to their crew after this lol. Hey guys we got sanji back and jinbe and carrot joined..O btw we almost got killed not only by big moms crew but couldn't do anything to big mom herself

That rare moment where no one noticed what you said

marmoka

Banned
Doflamingo's Devil Fruit reminds me of that Futurama episode (Paradise Lost) where Fry ate a rotten sandwich, and a colony of bugs settled in his stomach, regenerating all the damaged parts in his body.

Here's a screenshot to make you know what I'm talking about. I couldn't find any video, sorry.

01-parasites-lost.jpg

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
There's some complicated ass devil fruits like Law's, Sugar's, Don Flamingo's.
Nothing beats Kuma's in terms of absurdity

Paw pads on hands = ability to repel all things, removal of pain, long distance travel, nuclear-esque bombs, teleportation, etc

LotusHD

Banned

Paw pads on hands = ability to repel all things, removal of pain, long distance travel, nuclear-esque bombs, teleportation, etc

Law's is just as crazy: teleportation, separate body parts, switch personalities, remove a person's heart, create electricity, grants eternal youth, steal items, etc.

Kuma's is definitely more formidable though.

See, Kuma's fruit always made perfect sense to me.

He can deflect anything.
That means attacks
He can 'deflect' the damage out of someone (likely learn that after having the fruit a while)
He can deflect himself or others to new locations.
He can deflect air to a central point, super compressing it into bomb.
Also deflecting small spots of air into air bullets shaped like his paws

I don't get quite get how cat paws deflect things, but once they established what they do it all made sense.

Ogodei

So today I saw a disturbing clip from an anime called madoka Magika ...one piece plz stay nightmare friendly lol

We already have cannibalism!

You're never going to go full Attack on Titan/Elfen Lied style of gore and torment, but we already had one of the villains eat her foster mother and a bunch of kids.

Top Bottom