• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I read stuff about Persona 5 on GAF I think "Man, this game is kinda fucked in a bunch of different ways" but then I actually play it and I think "But also I'm enjoying the hell out of it?"

daveo42

Banned
When I read stuff about Persona 5 on GAF I think "Man, this game is kinda fucked in a bunch of different ways" but then I actually play it and I think "But also I'm enjoying the hell out of it?"

I just think I have a high tolerance for stuff people call out as bad or just plain bullshit. It's a game I've had serious issues with putting down.

M.D

Welp, extended my sub.

I joined last year when they were running the same sale and enjoyed the premium content (and I still so much stuff to watch)

My PayPal info was apparently saved to their website which I did not expect.. didn't even need any confirmation other than clinking the "extended my sub" link

oti

Banned

OWw9LsF.jpg

Curufinwe

I thought the Nier combat got better halfway thru route B when it started to be more challenging. Dropping it down to Easy would have made it less interesting for me.

Jeff not managing to get thru Vanquish's breezy campaign when he was able to plow thru the sluggish as hell single player modes in fours Gears of Wars games on the 360 is him in a nutshell. Or case.

oti

Banned
I think I'm gonna wait out the new hires and see what happens with West this year before re-upping

I'm good until September the 10th. No need to re-up for me at this point. They'll have a Thanksgiving sale around that time anyway.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Man, checking out my account and how long my premium goes, I took a look at who I followed..ahh history.

zfkYbDU.png

I cant put my finger on it but why is nioh not as good as the souls games? It's completely serviceable in every way, the combat at face value seems more in depth but it doesn't really grab me.

Gestahl

I cant put my finger on it but why is nioh not as good as the souls games? It's completely serviceable in every way, the combat at face value seems more in depth but it doesn't really grab me.

I've heard it has issues with atmosphere, level design, and enemy variety. That's why I've held off on shelling out nearly 100 Canadian buckaroos on it

KingKong

the level design sucks

people always forget the level design when they make all those Soulsvanias or retro FPS games

the level design sucks

basically this. It's not interesting aesthetically either but that's imo. It's just a very one-note game in every respect. Little enemy variety, encounter variety, level variety... it's all just kind of the same loop over and over again. And it's a pretty good loop, because the core combat is really fucking good. I might actually prefer the movement and combat over Souls. But everything else is just a bit lacking. Souls isn't just great because of combat, it also has amazing world-building, interesting lore to discover if you want to, a fantastic art style, intricate level design... Nioh doesn't really have any of those things. Also I think the loot and inventory stuff sucks. Lots of busywork and micromanagement but little in the way of satisfying progression.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I just pay by month, they get more money and I can cancel anytime I want to (not that I've ever done it so far)

Meneses

basically this. It's not interesting aesthetically either but that's imo. It's just a very one-note game in every respect. Little enemy variety, encounter variety, level variety... it's all just kind of the same loop over and over again. And it's a pretty good loop, because the core combat is really fucking good. I might actually prefer the movement and combat over Souls. But everything else is just a bit lacking. Souls isn't just great because of combat, it also has amazing world-building, interesting lore to discover if you want to, a fantastic art style, intricate level design... Nioh doesn't really have any of those things. Also I think the loot and inventory stuff sucks. Lots of busywork and micromanagement but little in the way of satisfying progression.

These are kinda my thoughts on it, except I actually prefer Souls-style more deliberate and "heavy" movement and combat.

Bought Nioh at launch too, but traded it in soon afterwards.

100% agree with you on this. Fun game, but I tapped out at like hour 30 because it got a bit to repetitive. Hope they make a sequel.

NYHorn36

I could never get into Dark Souls or Bloodborne, but love Nioh. I've had such a blast with it.

This premium sale comes at the perfect time as I'm about to run out in 2 weeks.

sprinkles

I just think I have a high tolerance for stuff people call out as bad or just plain bullshit. It's a game I've had serious issues with putting down.
Whatever issues people seem to have with the game, I put 100 hours in less than two weeks into it. The game consumed my free time like no other in many years. The only issue I personally have now is that I finished the game.

Curufinwe

I liked it more than BB and especially DeS in a lot of ways, but it is a really long game if you're of average ability like me.

Thanks for the compliments on the print duders! This is the other matching one we got, not a Pikmin guy myself, but I like the colors:

Artist name for both prints is Kyle Fewell

That is so cute. I hope she played P4G!

No, she played the original... She loved Chie so much, partially because of the original voice actress. So what's the general consensus on her replacement for P4G?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nioh is a game that could most use an expansion pack. Just needs more enemy variety.

The base mechanics are pretty awesome though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom