• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

You never want to be doubled. Ask Hector.

I have a Hector. And a Lukas, a -SPD Nowi, and so on. It's a thing I've accepted working around with my infantry choices. I'm not saying go for Hector speed levels but just a few points since the top end units will still double him anyway.

Plus, I hate planning around +SPD units to figure out SPD as a defensive stat.

I mean yeah, in arena I feel like you're either a 40+ speed monster or don't bother. But +SPD Ike's in that range where with hone speed he can at least avoid being doubled and then counterattack with quick riposte. And he'd be able to at least double a few characters in order to get some more mileage out of Heavy Blade. Which is pretty kickass with Luna based on what I've been doing with Ike so far.

Yeah, that's true. The only notable unit I can think of I'm actually worried for Ike getting doubled is probably Nino? To be fair, I haven't simmed out what Ike looks like at 40 for matchups so I don't know the specific breakpoints to care about.

Ultimately, my hope for Ike had him bulkier than I think he ended up being but I'll see how that pans out in practice when I get him to 40.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The lunatic versions of the new maps are damn hard, especially to get those extra orbs. Going to be hard for me to get them.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Anna is solid but not super strong imo. She's one of the few fast axe users, with a balanced stat spread.

I'm trying to figure out which green I want to go with too.

Cherche is strong, but can't tank a buffed Reinhardt, which is one of the main reasons why I want a green.

Camilla can tank Reinhardt, but it comes at the cost of lower attack power.

Fae is on the most defensive end of the spectrum, where she can tank just about anything, but then obviously isn't as good at killing things. But then she has high stats, which is good for arena.

Hm.

Theosmeo

So hear me out here:

Take Ragnell off a +att Ike

And give him a brave sword and galeforce

And then vantage/QR/swordbreaker

I think it could work, thoughts?

Scum

So hear me out here:

Take Ragnell off a +att Ike

And give him a brave sword and galeforce

And then vantage/QR/swordbreaker

I think it could work, thoughts?

4sTem.gif

Said screw it and rolled a new alt account and after just a few rerolls I got a +Spd/-HP Ike and a -atk/+Res Lucina. Out of all the IVs that is the one I would want for Ike.

This satiates my desire for Ike now. And it gives me a lot to work on now. Now watch me get a -Spd/+hp Ike on my main account with the upcoming May quests.

Bovine

Neo Member
Ended up also pulling a Titania, I might start playing around with Horse Emblem, I have Titania, Leo, Olwen, Abel, Peri, Elise and Carrot Xander (lol) as 5 star horses. Also have most of the others in 4 or 3. Missing Eldigan though.

This thread...

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/67mo0a/official_i_didnt_get_ike_grief_thread/

Uh.... just crazy how many rolls people did for Ike, and how many ended up with nothing.

You only really notice it because its Ike, and everyone is rolling for him and commenting on their results.

In other news, other than being sad Faye is 5* only (I assumed thsi wouold be the case after thinking about it last weekend), I really enjoy those defense maps. Always liked defense better than the normal game play modes in the actual FE games though. Wonder if Xander's GHB will be a defense map...

why do people like ike so much?

First banner to include a red sword whose weapon has a built in ranged counter.has become more desirable with the amount of green mages in arena lately and this banner introduces another green mage. On top of that he has a cool A skill

Also his is just super popular. Whether it be from his games or Smash.

Velcro Fly

Had 40 orbs saved for a while since I haven't played in like two months

First pull all 3 stars

Second pull I got a 5 star Peri and then a 5 star IKE on my last attempt

Game trying to reel me back in

why do people like ike so much?
Best Fire Emblem Lord in my opinion.

One of the best written Fire Emblem characters as well. Smash brother main.

Path of Radiance is my favorite Fire Emblem game.

As for Heroes. I don't know. I play for fun, don't know if he's actually good

I think I've spent ~30 orbs so far, and have so far scored:

5* Titania (+Atk / -Spd)
5* Ogma (+Res / -Atk)
5* Ryoma (+Atk / -Res)

which is a ridiculous number of 5*s to get inside four rounds of pulls (I sniped red where I could). Not great IVs for Titania and Ogma, but Ryoma... phew!

Jims

5 attempts to do a pull, and have seen exactly 1 red orb so far. 25 orbs down the drain. I swear they are doing this on purpose for this banner.

chrono01

So, what are the odds IS eventually incorporates an IV-training/reset feature?

I know, it's not even a day later, and my -ATK +RES Ike is still bothering me. :(

I know, it's not even a day later, and my -ATK +RES Ike is still bothering me. :(
Probably pretty low as bad natures are another built in circumstance that can push people to keep pulling.

I think a good compromise would be an ability to change a unit's nature to neutral with orbs and/or feathers. (Badges even.)

chrono01

Probably pretty low as bad natures are another built in circumstance that can push people to keep pulling.

I think a good compromise would be an ability to change a unit's nature to neutral with orbs and/or feathers. (Badges even.)
Yeah, probably wishful-thinking on my part. It's kind of greedy though, I mean people will still pull for their favorite characters anyway (and, in some cases, multiple of them for possible inheritance fodder). They really don't need to add IV RNG in there as well. :/

I should probably start cleaning out my roster, I've been really lenient with Skill Inheritance so far. Do any of y'all promote guys to 5* just to give their "+" weapon to another unit? I'm sitting at around 63k feathers, and I'm wondering if promoting just for inheritance is a good idea.

scy

This thread...

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/67mo0a/official_i_didnt_get_ike_grief_thread/

Uh.... just crazy how many rolls people did for Ike, and how many ended up with nothing.

The Princess banner, and the bunnies actually, were also pretty crazy to read through.

5 attempts to do a pull, and have seen exactly 1 red orb so far. 25 orbs down the drain. I swear they are doing this on purpose for this banner.

Yeeeeah. Each time I got a 0R pull I just remembered all the 4R pulls before when sniping not-red and sighed.

:(

Honestly, it's the last big thing we'd probably want for removing a lot of the frustration / RNG out of things. Even if it's their way of forcing extra rolls for dupes.

Yeah, probably wishful-thinking on my part. It's kind of greedy though, I mean people will still pull for their favorite characters anyway (and, in some cases, multiple of them for possible inheritance fodder). They really don't need to add IV RNG in there as well. :/
It is pretty lame, but I think the seals are supposed to offset them a bit. Hopefully we get some more soon, with greater buffs.

One other thing I wish they'd do regarding natures is having a visual indicator of what a unit's boon and bane are in their profile. Having to check all these various resources online is rather tedious.

Ahnez

Got my Ike

-atk+res ffs

But, it took only 5 orbs, so its not that bad (yes, my very first summon on this banner was already Ike)

lt519

Did all the Lunatic missions on the second go around, the only one that made me retry a couple times was the second mission where the horse axe user charges and can't be damaged. Had to throw Roy in there as a brick wall and I'm weak on Axe users so I had to use a 4* Bartre as my axe user. Was less then ideal but spamming Olivia and Lachesis worked well on all these maps. Heal, dance, special heal (boost entire teams DEF).

Back to leveling fRobin and Navarre to get those last two orbs and try for a hail mary on Ike.

woopWOOP

40 orbs is all I had. First round was nothing but three stars, but the two very last units were a 5* Soren and Ephraim. Pretty lucky since I spent 100 orbs for just a 5* Lukas the last banner.

Guess it's back to saving orbs, I'll aim for Ike if they'll ever bother making his buff Radiant Dawn version a seperate unit in some faraway future banner

chrono01

:(

Honestly, it's the last big thing we'd probably want for removing a lot of the frustration / RNG out of things. Even if it's their way of forcing extra rolls for dupes.
It's okay. I'm happy enough just to have an Ike (a lot of people weren't as fortunate, sadly), it's just sad he's not of a greater IV spread.

It could have been worse, so I'm trying to look on things as positively as I can!

It is pretty lame, but I think the seals are supposed to offset them a bit. Hopefully we get some more soon, with greater buffs.

One other thing I wish they'd do regarding natures is having a visual indicator of what a unit's boon and bane are in their profile. Having to check all these various resources online is rather tedious.
The unfortunate things with seals are, as you try to off-set your poor stats with them, the rest are doing the same with theirs which still only balances things out.

But yeah, they're definitely better than nothing. Here's hoping more of that kind of thing are incorporated as time goes on.

Got my Ike

-atk+res ffs

But, it took only 5 orbs, so its not that bad (yes, my very first summon on this banner was already Ike)
The same exact natures as me, only it took me just under 100 orbs to get there. Sounds like you're in the lead compared to me, haha.

lt519

Whelp just spent all the orbs from Radiance and GHB and got all 3*s. Now I've got nothing in particular to do, oh well.

Spoit

Who else has over 10 5* characters but have yet to pull a single Nino?

I'm at 17 5*s, and my only green mages are cecillia and the free Frobins. I'd even take a merric at this point. And it's not like I never pull greens (though it is an after thought), since I have like 35 of them, even after eating a number of barsts and bartes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom