• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

killatopak

Thanks guys.

A question though. Can I get to the place where pod B is if I'm just at the start of route B? I dunno if I should wait for the event where
the map changes.

Exentryk

Father Servo
lv 60 version down in route B. I was a bit too OP even at level 53
for him
. I was expecting he'd get the
bullet hell and laser throwing version as the lv 60 upgrade, but all he was doing was throwing punches.
Quite weak, but I guess they wanted to make it so
you could beat him even at very low levels and in route A.

I think I already have that. I meant the one in the
flooded city

Also first try fishing in sewers and I already got the iron pipe lol.

Oh yeah, sorry, you have to wait until the event for that.

--

"Take me to your leader."

UnitedDisguisedHedgehog.gif

Kaizer

Banned
Man, just started Route C, didn't take long for things to go crazy! When the
"Developed By Platinum Games" credit came up on-screen as 9S witnessed 2B's death? (Nooooooo), the feeling came over me that shit is about to get real. Put the game down for the night but now I'm playing as A2.
Have absolutely no clue where the game is headed from here but I'm VERY excited.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Well... I really like this game.

I only have one complaint: framerate.

Philippo

I have one question: i'm about to finish C and them go straight for D/E. I know there is
chapter selection
, but i also heard the
game deletes your save data
. If i want to go for 100%ing the game, should i do it before E?

I have one question: i'm about to finish C and them go straight for D/E. I know there is
chapter selection
, but i also heard the
game deletes your save data
. If i want to go for 100%ing the game, should i do it before E?

Don't worry, your data won't be deleted without your own say so.

Impulsor

I was struggling with this game at the beginning, really found it hard to enjoy it... I pushed through after finishing zelda....

I love this now.

It's so original and crazy. Yesterday I
rescued a robot with a pink ribbon from the desert. She asked me what is soil, where does the wind come from, how do you make children... very laughable.

Obviously I was all WTF with the amusement park and the machine town... and the machine people in the desert pit... and the sephiroth boss fight... and... everything really.

This game keeps on delivering.

So what is up with this game and its random tendency to spawn in dudes that just have fucking stupidly long health bars for no other reason than to burn time?

The rando big bot in the ravine I swear to god I waylayed him for what seemed like an hour. If it was doing more damage I just would have bailed and came back later, but he barely scratched me and once I started in on him I was like "fuck it, gonna have to do this shit anyways might as well end it now".

Then on the first official trip to the flooded city that dumb ass little bot that's the generic cannon fodder dude for the entire game that took I swear like 20 mins of waylaying to kill. why. No other enemies in the area were like that...he was spitting fire at me, but good god I wanted to slap the hell out of someone for designing that fight like that. It wasn't fun at all, just tedious button mashing while I tried not to fall asleep countering him.

I'm not really upset at the game or anything, but good fucking lord who thought this was a good idea? Your gameplay is great PG don't get me wrong, but that doesn't mean I want to fight the same enemy that has a groundbreaking 2 attacks that I've been fighting carbon copies of for the last 12 hours for 20 fucking mins for no other reason than someone decided it was a good idea to multiply his health bar by 1000.

The golden ones are annoying af. With 9s you hack them like five times before they die. Its not hard or challenging.. its just kinda grindy.

Exentryk

Sändersson;232903283 said:
The golden ones are annoying af. With 9s you hack them like five times before they die. Its not hard or challenging.. its just kinda grindy.

Nah, just taunt and spear throw :p

Urrrrrghhhhh, tedious gameplay spoilers for Route C:
The Soulbox
can fuck offfffffffffffffffffffffffffff

fuck fuckity fuck fuck fuck

Well, that ground Route C's great pacing to a big fucking halt.
I've gotten considerably less shit at hacking, but maaaaaaan, there are soooo many chests and they're all so loooonnnggg to hack and aaarrrrghghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I've run out of the tower to save just in case. I swear they just need to give you one more hit point of life whilst hacking.
I suppose it wouldn't be a Taro game if I didn't want to punch something at some point.

This tantrum was brought to you by the letter 'C'!

EDIT: I changed it to Easy.

That solved it.

...arrrrghhhhhh....

Philippo

So when you have to choose between
9S and A2 in their duel
, is this the choice that gets me either Ending C or D? What is the preferred order?

Zafir

The Soulbox

I've gotten considerably less shit at hacking, but maaaaaaan, there are soooo many chests and they're all so loooonnnggg to hack and aaarrrrghghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I've run out of the tower to save just in case. I swear they just need to give you one more hit point of life whilst hacking.
I suppose it wouldn't be a Taro game if I didn't want to punch something at some point.

That solved it.

...arrrrghhhhhh....

While I didn't have any major trouble with it. It was around that point that
hacking
really started to grate on me. It was fun and refreshing at first, but by that point it's just over-used.

The Soulbox

That solved it.

...arrrrghhhhhh....
Loved that part. lol. BoI has made me a god

There has been so little narrative and character development so far. I'm about 10 hours in though I'm sure I've wasted time wondering the open world more than I needed to. Is there a tipping point where the narrative kicks in? The last major story beat for me was
discovering Adam and Eve and revealing that the aliens are all dead.
Now that fast travel is available I've been doing side quests.

Exentryk

Getting close to the end of route B and it looks like we're finally getting to the meat of things. Might be able to finish B tomorrow.

Zafir

How far from the end of A am I?

I just did the Become As Gods part

But I've only done 8% of the side quests.
Not far at all.

I wouldn't worry about side quests,
I barely did any first play through because early on they all seemed to be too high level, and then story hits and you can't do 'em. I did a lot on the second play through personally. You can also go back at the end using chapter select to do 'em.

Curufinwe

Thanks, that's good to know. I'm trying to get all the main routes done before P5 arrives, but I won't worry too much about the side quests.

I've only died twice so far on Normal. Once to the big machine at the entrance to the forest area when I went there before I was supposed to, and once last night when I got squished by a press. Coming off of Nioh, I'm enjoying the lack of challenge.

Koozek

Wow, wow, wow. Finished Route C, D, and E last night (pulled another all-nighter for this game). What a ride. Probably Top 3 GOTG for me now.

Amazing how they played with the medium and subverted expectations. So many creative genre and perspective shifts. Best action combat in a RPG ever. So many crazy large boss-battles and set-pieces, that make FFXV look even more embarrassing in that regard. Wonderful soundtrack (though I think the first NieR's music is more memorable - never finished the game, but listened to the OST a lot back then). The only thing this doesn't do better than FFXV is literally pure graphical fidelity. Everything else proves how important a strong, singular creative vision is.

Hats off to Yoko Taro and the team.

Shahadan

There has been so little narrative and character development so far. I'm about 10 hours in though I'm sure I've wasted time wondering the open world more than I needed to. Is there a tipping point where the narrative kicks in? The last major story beat for me was
discovering Adam and Eve and revealing that the aliens are all dead.
Now that fast travel is available I've been doing side quests.
You can reach that point in about an hour lol, but yeah anyway there isn't much story in Route A

ultron87

I must say, it took a little bit for the B route to become particularly interesting. Until the
fight in the ocean it was just kind of, "play the game again, with a different, kind of less fun, character". The only other thing it did was doing the thing the first game did where it made the enemies sympathetic.
I had to do a bit of forcing myself to keep playing, knowing that more stuff was coming after seeing various reactions.

Philippo

-I heard there are several optional bosses:
Emil, the amusement park bunny and one for taking all weapons to lv4
. Any more details on the last one?

-Is there a place to buy all materials for weapons or Pod upgrades?

VRMN

Is there a list of items needed for side quests? Trying to figure out what is safe to sell.
Save for beast hides, you're safe selling anything that says it can be sold for money in the item description. There is a quest regarding desert roses, but like other sidequests that require items, they make an area where they're guaranteed to spawn. Since that area shuts off when you get the designated number, it's actually bad to have them but in your inventory since you're just losing money to save 2 minutes.

Hey guys, I'm just curious how long it takes the average person to get through all of the main endings at a regular pace (not rushing but not doing everything either). I'm hoping to beat this before Persona comes out. If it's unrealistic I'll probably just wait to play it after I beat Persona to avoid feeling rushed.

I'm really early on, just
finished the desert boss with the naked dude boss with about 2 1/2 hours on the clock.

Roubjon

Hey guys, I'm just curious how long it takes the average person to get through all of the main endings at a regular pace (not rushing but not doing everything either). I'm hoping to beat this before Persona comes out. If it's unrealistic I'll probably just wait to play it after I beat Persona to avoid feeling rushed.

I'm really early on, just
finished the desert boss with the naked dude boss with about 2 1/2 hours on the clock.

If you weren't rushing but also not doing everything, I'd say around 30 - 35 hours?

Top Bottom