• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III: The Ringed City |OT| One Last Journey

McBryBry

So I've bought this on Steam. I just got an 8GB patch for the game. However, on the game's page in Library, The Ringed City is still grayed out unlike Ashes of Ariandel. What gives?

jviggy43

Anyone have actual confirmation of the time this unlocks for xbox/ps4? A friend just told me it unlocks in 40 minutes lol. That can't be right.

Also ya'll are crazy thinking this will be the last Dark Souls game and DLC. It will go on a hiatus at worst before FROM makes another one. The real question is whether Miyazaki is going to be the one working on it.

Shield of Want, Covetous Silver Serpent Ring, and 3 Winged Knights at the top of the Archive. 50,000 souls a trip. :)

If you have the "rapport" pyromancy to make them fight each other, they're laughably easy to take down as well.

Edit: don't forget the mimic hat if you have it.

MilkBeard

Yes. Looks like it's time to get back in. I spent 100 enjoyable hours with this game, time to give a little bit more. Haven't even tried Ashes of Ariandel yet. Probably gonna go in and do it all in one swoop.

I do think I started a NG+ though, so it might take a while to get to DLC area.

If you have the "rapport" pyromancy to make them fight each other, they're laughably easy to take down as well.

Edit: don't forget the mimic hat if you have it.

I have never used rapport on my pyromancer. You've inspired me.

Of course, Onyx Blade with the Dark Clutch ring leads to 1,200 damage backstabs and power attacks, so it's not like they live long regardless. :)

BigAl1992

Gentleman, although I will not be able to play the DLC due to ongoing commitments, I will say that it has been an honour to fight amongst all of you through out the series. Long may Dark Souls live!

myco666

Oh god I am so rusty. Took way too long to kill the princes. Had to optimize my build a bit too since I had barely any stamina for some reason.

What is considered the best Dex weapon? Going with +9 Sharp Crow Quills atm. Have +10 Sharp Uchi too or atleast I think it was uchi.

Goldboy

Oh god I am so rusty. Took way too long to kill the princes. Had to optimize my build a bit too since I had barely any stamina for some reason.

What is considered the best Dex weapon? Going with +9 Sharp Crow Quills atm. Have +10 Sharp Uchi too or atleast I think it was uchi.

I think in terms of DPS the Sellsword Twinblades might be the best. Although the classic Uchigatana is my personal favorite.

Alfredo_V

Neo Member
All these comments here made me realize how much Demons/Dark Souls has meant to me in the last couple of years. In 2011 I had lost my interest of gaming, it felt like every game then was uninspired and hand-holding experiences. Then I bought a PS3 for the blu-ray player, read something about how challenging Dark Souls was supposed to be. Bought it and man - if I was hooked right from the start, remember it like it was yesterday, trying to kill that tutorial boss for like two hours with my bare hands (before I saw that gate to the left haha). What an amazing ride From Software, thanks for that!!

Sorry if off topic, you know - feelings :)
Really looking forward to see the end now!

Ferr986

Project Dark: Spiritual Successor to Demon's Souls [From Software - TGS Trailer] - 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYmQzgnZzhc

Feels like yesterday.

Remember when every preview said how shit was Demon's Souls?

Remember how even Miyazaki said that the moral of the team was low due to the game not turning well?

Remember the mixed to bad reviews Demon's Souls got?

And look now. I think this series is one of the biggest example on how players reception is important, more than a Metacritic score.

All these comments here made me realize how much Demons/Dark Souls has meant to me in the last couple of years. In 2011 I had lost my interest of gaming, it felt like every game then was uninspired and hand-holding experiences. Then I bought a PS3 for the blu-ray player, read something about how challenging Dark Souls was supposed to be. Bought it and man - if I was hooked right from the start, remember it like it was yesterday, trying to kill that tutorial boss for like two hours with my bare hands (before I saw that gate to the left haha). What an amazing ride From Software, thanks for that!!

Sorry if off topic, you know - feelings :)
Really looking forward to see the end now!

I know that feel
3ab9326f7c2a9b76333295ef9a101cbc.jpg

Gotta say first time I did quit on DS1 at Sen Fortress.... Thanks god I got back after half a year, it absolutely clicked it after that.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
For me I didn't make it to Sen's.

I spent hours trying to take down the bell gargoyle and then having finally killed it I found the hydra. I noped the hell out.

Luckily I came back a year later and have been enjoying them all ever since. Still haven't done demons yet though.

AmyS

Remember when every preview said how shit was Demon's Souls?

Remember how even Miyazaki said that the moral of the team was low due to the game not turning well?

And look now. I think this series is one of the biggest example on how players reception is important, more than a Metacritic score.

I know, right?

I remember the trash that Demon's Souls got,

And here we are in 2017.

Goldboy

Jealous of all you Steam users getting this early... I knew I should've bought the season pass for Steam instead of PS4.

Here I thought the 1.12 update included the dlc... nope..

Guess its already out on AU PSN since the store page is up and am currently downloading it..

At least I got the OT to keep me company for an hour -v-

How's everyone's hype levels? I can't think about it too much or my heart rate would get too high.

usp84

Here I thought the 1.12 update included the dlc... nope..

Guess its already out on AU PSN since the store page is up and am currently downloading it..

At least I got the OT to keep me company for an hour -v-

How's everyone's hype levels? I can't think about it too much or my heart rate would get too high.

How did you download the Dlc seperately?I cant find anything

EDIT never mind i found it

silva1991

Wow :/

As for the bolded are you talking about some certain reviews? because DeS is critically acclaimed and has the same MC as Dark souls 1.

Ricker

Are we sure you need to be level 100 to do this...? It's been a while since I beat the game but I dont think I was even close to 100 on a single playthrough,I didnt get Ashes but this one I might get(I will check later,I thnk I was in the 60's)....

Goldboy

I really need to stay off Youtube before anything Souls-related is about to come out. I just got a boss name and appearance spoiled for me by a video in my "recommended" section. :/ Not the end of the world or anything, but a bit annoying.

Lol DansGaming is streaming this on Twitch. Started, then realised halfway through that the embargo doesn't lift for another 19 minutes so he's just standing in a corner until it lifts.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Are we sure you need to be level 100 to do this...? It's been a while since I beat the game but I dont think I was even close to 100 on a single playthrough,I didnt get Ashes but this one I might get(I will check later,I thnk I was in the 60's)....

People beat these games at lvl 1, it's a level suggestion not a hard requirement for entry.

Nev

Banned
I really need to stay off Youtube before anything Souls-related is about to come out. I just got a boss name and appearance spoiled for me by a video in my "recommended" section. :/ Not the end of the world or anything, but a bit annoying.

I got several zone and boss names spoiled and I actively avoided anything DS3 related. I even got the final boss spoiled because some shitty clickbait subpar Youtuber had to put the fight as the thumbnail.

People are just the worst, they assume everybody has beaten the game day one and they upload the whole thing with caps and thumbnails spoiling everything day two.

If I get the previous DLC as well does that open up at the same point as this does? Would I be able to play them back to back, in other words?

end of an era

rip dark souls, probably my favorite trilogy of all time

;-;

i was going to say the same but then i realized Demon's Souls and Bloodborne are my favorites high above Dark Souls 1-3.. they never really fully clicked for me. i guess they felt more or less "more of the same" for me, with some disappointing aspects (1 had lousy latter half levels, 2 was.. a convoluted mess, 3 was great but still kinda samey).

but yea, i'm kinda sad too. i will cherish this last piece of Souls.

silva1991

As long as you are above level 60 I don't think this will be a problem unless you are on NG+6 or something.

sym30l1c

NG +3 and i'm getting owned much worse than the previous DLC, everything hits so fucking hard and my attacks feel so weak. This could be rough.

Shit...the only viable character I have is NG+3 too and I don't really feel like prepping another character (the other 2 I have are early game).

Top Bottom