• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

edgefusion

I just bought the GP1 at 1.3 million, when I logged in today I got awarded 500k, is that because of the sudden sale or did I just get lucky?

Wolfe

I just bought the GP1 at 1.3 million, when I logged in today I got awarded 500k, is that because of the sudden sale or did I just get lucky?

That was in relation to the Dodo/Kraken and whatever else they recently made free for returning players. So if you purchased any of those vehicles they reimbursed you. I think I got 1.25 million back myself.

If it's not from that then I'm not sure why you got it.

@snacknuts: Right on dude, that was going to be my recommendation as well. I picked them both up when they came out and am very pleased with each.

Has anyone heard any rumblings about when we'll see the Gunrunning DLC? I'm starting to suspect it might be as early as this Friday.

And I did end up buying the Infernus Classic. It is very nice to drive :)

snacknuts

we all knew her
Has anyone heard any rumblings about when we'll see the Gunrunning DLC? I'm starting to suspect it might be as early as this Friday.
I saw a rumor last week from what is supposedly a historically-reliable source saying it would be announced this Friday and released next week. That would make me very happy if true. I'm kind of burned out on everything else right now.

I saw a rumor last week from what is supposedly a historically-reliable source saying it would be announced this Friday and released next week. That would make me very happy if true. I'm kind of burned out on everything else right now.
That would be nice. I'm literally doing nothing but snaps and editor videos now. Also totally burned out on game content.

edgefusion

Here's my Power Rangers themed garage (sorry for Twitter quality pic):

DAc29LCW0AAItaA.jpg

Racing liveries on the left and plain colours on the right. Having trouble finding a Pink Ranger racecar though, any suggestions? I know the Custom Specter has a pink(ish) livery but it's pretty ugly.

Left:
Karin Sultan RS
(empty)
Pfister Comet Retro Custom
Progen Itali GTB Custom

Right:
Dewbauchee Specter Custom
Hijack Ruston
Pegassi Tempesta
Dewbauchee Seven-70
Progen GP1

I bought the Vapid Trophy Truck when it was on discount in the first week of May, 3 days later I was awarded with 250k.

Maybe the more money we spend in the game, the more likely we are to receive bonus money?

Mastah

First Details and Screens for GTA Online: Gunrunning

Southern San Andreas' illegal weapons trafficking industry rises to the surface in Gunrunning, a massive new update coming this June to GTA Online.

Dotted throughout Blaine County are hatches look into these mysterious properties on the Maze Bank Foreclosure site and you’ll find sprawling underground headquarters for sale, ready to be stocked with new military grade vehicles and weapons manufacturing equipment capable of developing highly sought after offensive and defensive technologies. As the residents of Los Santos know, the only thing more fun than crime is profit and should you choose to invest in this new business, some extremely shady customers are ready to pay top dollar for what you can deliver.

Stay tuned for more on Gunrunning, including specific business and research opportunities, details on the massive tactical, full-service Mobile Operation Centers complete with new weapon upgrades and deep customization, all new Weaponized Vehicles and more.

c302ac9d4bc734059ef2c05690e9b85b835fd97f.jpg

6c1c2d14070879bbe02fc487f8e0af78660d239c.jpg

baa67f0a70e08f7bccbfaff8ccb03aec42a011db.jpg

c61d2908033f180d5f1bf5ee0240bcc1ea0383d7.jpg

064f1125e6b46f85eab11fd711153e15e79994d7.jpg

3b8ade01009945e2a56b6ca8c0905a248fe49ac2.jpg

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...newswire&utm_content=gtao-gunrunning-05252017

I wish I had the patience to grind import and export before the patch, they usually nerf shit to the ground after a massive content patch. However I just can't though, there's so much to do elsewhere that I can't justify the lost time.

Setsuna

Damn, this is going to be expensive

On another note. Rockstar, needs to change the way they deal with vehicles and armor. I like my Schafter V12 Armored and my Baller Armored, but Maaaaan you get into a minor crash and all your windows are gone. not to mention that you cant shoot or you lose protection

For vehicles that are purely Defensive in nature they shouldn't be so frail

Special Vehicle Work (the mini-heists with the special vehicles) is paying double at the moment, not sure if anything else is too.

In terms of discounts there's a tonne, I'll post up a list a bit later.

EDIT:

65% off:
Cargobob
Cargobob Jetsam

50% off:
Luxor Deluxe
Swift Deluxe
Gallivanter Baller LE Armored
Savage

25% off:
Armored Boxville
Ruiner 2000
Rocket Voltic
Insurgent Pick-Up
Valkyrie
Rhino Tank
Karin Kuruma (Armored)

EDIT2: I wonder if any of these might be targeted sales that I'm seeing? It seems like too many to be normal.

Mastah

GTA Online Bonuses: Double GTA$ & RP Opportunities + Limited Time Discounts

fa7f2f0347ceacd99a775b1912f80af7b3d17175.png

Whether you're tearing through traffic in the Ramp Buggy or raiding Fort Zancudo in the Ruiner 2000, get paid handsomely for harnessing the unique powers of all eight Import/Export Special Vehicles - with Double GTA$ & RP in all Special Vehicle Missions through June 12th. It's also a prosperous time for entrepreneurs, with 25% bonus GTA$ on Biker Business Sales and Special Cargo Deliveries.

Merchants all across Los Santos are also getting in on the action, with big, limited time discounts from Warstock, DockTease, Dynasty 8 Executive, Elitas, and Ammu-Nation - featuring big ticket items including luxury Yachts, Executive Offices and Special Vehicles like the Ruiner 2000 and the Rocket Voltic.

Check out a full list of this week's discounts below:

Dynasty 8 Executive
Get your criminal enterprise up and running with an Executive Office. These masterpieces in executive design come with a full-time assistant, helipad, boardroom and access to the SecuroServ network to steal and deal in a variety of cargo missions.
Executive Offices - 25% off
Executive Office Garages & Garage Mod Shop - 25% off
Executive Office Renovations (Garage Mod Shop included) - 50% off

Warstock Cache & Carry
Offering a suite of armored, armed and Special Vehicles to keep your businesses protected and your enemies on the run. Discounts apply to both Trade Price and Buy It Now pricing.
Imponte Ruiner 2000 (both prices) - 25% off
Coil Rocket Voltic (both prices) - 25% off
Rhino Tank - 25% off
HVY Insurgent Pick-Up (both prices) - 25% off
Buckingham Valkyrie (both prices) - 25% off
Brute Armored Boxville (both prices) - 25% off

DockTease
The ultimate room with a view. Yachts come complete with staff and amenities like anti-air defenses, complimentary personal watercraft, and helicopter service to the Yacht for a small fee. And trick out your vessel with lighting and color options, a personalized name and country flag.
Yachts (all models & model upgrades) - 25% off
Yacht Modifications - 50% off

Elitas Travel
Shine above the Los Santos skies with solid gold aircraft.
Luxor Deluxe - 50% off
Swift Deluxe - 50% off

Ammu-Nation
Your friends at Ammu-Nation are keeping you locked and loaded…
Body Armor - 25% off
All Ammo - 25% off
Box/Drum Magazines - 50% off
Luxury Finishes - 50% off

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...rm=newswire&utm_content=gtao-bonuses-05262017

GTA Online Bonuses: Double GTA$ & RP Opportunities + Limited Time Discounts
Cheers Mastah. So I guess the two Cargobobs, Baller LE Armored, Savage, and Kuruma (Armored) were all targeted sales for me? The ridiculous thing there being that I already own 3 out of those 5 vehicles lol. Great targeting there R*! :p

Fired the game up today to see if I had any money left and damn, not really a fan of how this looks at maximum settings. Running everything at max it really disappointed me, but I guess that's the nature of a cross-gen game.

The lighting looks bland, I think.

Fired the game up today to see if I had any money left and damn, not really a fan of how this looks at maximum settings. Running everything at max it really disappointed me, but I guess that's the nature of a cross-gen game.

The lighting looks bland, I think.
It's doing more than any other game I can think of, so that shouldn't come as a surprise. On a technical level I think it's probably better than any game on the PS4, with the exception of maybe Horizon... but Horizon isn't doing what GTAO does in multiplayer.

Mastah

GTA Online: Gunrunning - Underground Bunkers, Mobile Operations Centers and Weaponized Vehicles

Everything begins with a Bunker: the massive, underground hub of your new enterprise. Any CEO, VIP or MC President can jump start their promising career from here to get operations off the ground.

For heavy duty tactical operations on the move, arms dealers can invest in a Mobile Operations Center (MOC), the kind of powerful support usually enjoyed only by trained assassins or rogue nuclear states. Storable in your Bunker, this drivable command center's modular construction allows for tailored combinations of vehicle workshop, weapons workshop, luxury living quarters, and command center – with facilities for upgrading and customizing your arsenal and modifying Weaponized Vehicles (including turrets for your MOC that can be manned by your squad) – all at your fingertips, and pulled by a fully customizable commercial semi.

Weaponized Vehicles are a brand new class to stock and customize. Build a fleet to cover every eventuality: from the ultimate utility of the fully amphibious, canon-toting APC, to a mobile anti-aircraft trailer that'll have pilots soiling their cockpits across the state. Weaponized Vehicles can also be employed as company assets instrumental in delivering cargo to any drop-off.

Beyond manufacturing your stock to sell, reap the benefits of your Bunker's white coat staff by allocating their time to Research and they'll get busy unlocking a range of optional upgrades including unique personal weapon modifications, a whole range of brutal tech for your Weaponized Vehicles, and terrifying upgrades for your Mobile Operations Center.

babbee0de6fdb87fffaf86229a8af3ea12af5c40.jpg

1582cc67c9f5361fa0020fb420093ed2ea907d01.jpg

620f1df290e1067b7f200ac50a3321ec0194df22.jpg

22ca649de968265dd8dbcd3f93c7535190676bea.jpg

d1c2d257b3891ed555328a7812a0d66681e04e3d.jpg

eaa39d2e111da0c8a48a31b63292aa9fad3d5831.jpg

b67782f9ce2b8dd784cc51608d0d583b6e410b26.jpg

7ccb61b58e7296c1e4702b3cf0ed79c0396866bf.jpg

https://www.rockstargames.com/newsw...term=newswire&utm_content=gunrunning-06022017

What do you guys consider the cheapest fast car? On the bike front obviously the Bati 801 and the Akuma are absolute steals, but I'm just wondering what an equivalent would be on the car front (for a new player with very little cash).

Zentorno then Tempesta.

Yes, not really cheap but for Supers they are the best value.

For Sports, normal Elegy. Since this one is free, it might be the best option for someone without any money.

Zentorno then Tempesta.

Yes, not really cheap but for Supers they are the best value.

For Sports, normal Elegy. Since this one is free, it might be the best option for someone without any money.
Ah yes, I'd forgotten about the Elegy.

Speaking of which, how does the returning player bonus actually work now that they've disabled bringing your previous gen console accounts to current gen? I'm curious because if the Duke O'Death is free it's a very handy vehicle while someone is saving to get an Armoured Kuruma.

Ah yes, I'd forgotten about the Elegy.

Speaking of which, how does the returning player bonus actually work now that they've disabled bringing your previous gen console accounts to current gen? I'm curious because if the Duke O'Death is free it's a very handy vehicle while someone is saving to get an Armoured Kuruma.

Well... as far as I know now that bonus is dead. All cars are now obtainable through ingame money so nothing is locked, and since you can't get your account flagged with the "returning player" status anymore, new players from now on will just have to buy it.

I might be wrong though, been a long while since I read about transfers.

Well... as far as I know now that bonus is dead. All cars are now obtainable through ingame money so nothing is locked, and since you can't get your account flagged with the "returning player" status anymore, new players from now on will just have to buy it.

I might be wrong though, been a long while since I read about transfers.
I was wondering if maybe you could qualify for the returning player bonus through the Social club or something (i.e. not having to actually import your character).

snacknuts

we all knew her
Last night was my first time trying the cocaine lockup glitch and I'm kind of kicking myself for not taking advantage of it sooner. It's very grindy and not a lot of fun, but I kind of feel the same way about the CEO crates.

Last night was my first time trying the cocaine lockup glitch and I'm kind of kicking myself for not taking advantage of it sooner. It's very grindy and not a lot of fun, but I kind of feel the same way about the CEO crates.

If I'm playing solo and need to make money, then (this current glitch aside) my usual method is:

1. Spawn in my Maze bank CEO office. I will have already bought (not stolen) supplies for my cocaine business in my previous session, so it's doing its thing in the background already.
  2. Source an import/export car, and leave my office in my cargobob.
  3. Go pick up the car in my cargobob, drop it off at my vehicle warehouse, and then land my cargobob next to my vehicle warehouse (if it's undamaged; if it has damage then I call pegasus and get a new one).
  4. Sell the high end car I just sourced, drive it out a little and then park it in the middle of the street, jump into the cargobob, pick up the car, and fly it to the drop off point to complete the sale ($80,000).
  5. Ditch the cargobob and CEO spawn in my buzzard. Start Headhunter.
  6. When that finishes (~$21,000), go back to my office and source another car, leaving in a cargobob again.
  7. Selling cars will still be on cooldown, so do a Headhunter in a buzzard if that cooldown has finished, or otherwise do Siteseer (~$18,000?) in a buzzard if it hasn't.
  8. Sell the latest high end car via cargobob again ($80,000). Then go to step 5, and repeat. if the next thing I want to do is ever on cooldown because I got through the previous thing faster than normal, I just go and stock up on bodyarmour and then continue.
At some point I'll get a call from LJT advising me that my cocaine factory is running out of supplies. At that point I'll buy supplies, and then immediately sell what I have (1.5 bars of product). If you're running the import/export vehicle stuff then there's no point wasting your time stealing supplies when you could be using that time to make money from import/export vehicles and VIP work. Just buy the supplies and then sell when LJT calls - effectively you'll make $50,000 profit every time that happens for doing the 10 minute (roughly) sell mission.

I find the above to be a nice mix of gameplay elements so it doesn't feel like a grind to me: I love doing the cargobob and buzzard stuff. It's much more interesting than the cargo missions, which are monotonous as hell.

If Rockstar have extra money for a mode that I'm actually interested in, then I'll play that instead though.

All of the above said, I much prefer playing with my friends: either doing Pac Std or something paying double money if we want to make money, or just screwing around if we're not fussed on that front.

snacknuts

we all knew her
I have a mix of curiosity and anxiety to find out how much all of this stuff is going to cost. I wish I knew how much extra grinding I need to do between now and Tue to afford the goodies I want. And I'm REALLY hoping we can do these missions without requiring more than two people. I never played heists very much because of the four-player requirement, especially the part where it would fail if someone left the heist.

I have a mix of curiosity and anxiety to find out how much all of this stuff is going to cost. I wish I knew how much extra grinding I need to do between now and Tue to afford the goodies I want. And I'm REALLY hoping we can do these missions without requiring more than two people. I never played heists very much because of the four-player requirement, especially the part where it would fail if someone left the heist.
What platform are you on snacknuts, and when do you normally play? We need to start bringing the GAFers together as much as possible, time zones permitting :)

snacknuts

we all knew her
What platform are you on snacknuts, and when do you normally play? We need to start bringing the GAFers together as much as possible, time zones permitting :)

PS4. Usually on around 9:30/10 PM ET and play until whenever. I'm an old man and don't stay up too terribly late.

Top Bottom