• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

image.php

image.php

I'm mad at Wonkey for tweeting damaging rumors about the game. How you gonna dedicate so much of your life to promoting Tekken only to pull that shit. Maybe he's salty about Lei, lol.

1 hour seems impossible unless you skipped all the cutscenese. The main story has 12 chapters. Chapter 1 has been shown to take around 15 minutes to beat
When you play as Kidzuya & then take back the Zaibatsu as Heihachi
. So that seems incredibly unlikely

cordy

Banned
Wonkey responded back to me. Thanks for the response.

The guy blazed through Story Mode and it's just the Mishima Story. The time limit isn't adding the side character stories. If you take your time with it then you may be able to do it under 2-3 hours but that's not terribly long going by the guy who streamed it.

Seems about right. If that's the case then I'm perfect with it. That's great length.

The character stories are
single fights so while they are short there are definitely a bunch of them to run through and that'll take time I guess. Still angry they aren't doing anything more than that tho.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Who said anything about taking Lei to tourneys? I don't play Lei to play at a high level, I play to have fun. I can't speak to your complaints about TTT2, T6 is the last one I played.

So you don't play the game, and you're complaining about a character not being in a series you haven't played for what,seven years?

Lol

So you don't play the game, and you're complaining about a character not being in a series you haven't played for what,seven years?

Lol
I've never played a Tekken game besides T3, and even I'm sad that Zafina isn't returning for Tekken 7. Her design is just right up my alley.

Spuck-uk

Banned
I've never played a Tekken game besides T3, and even I'm sad that Zafina isn't returning for Tekken 7. Her design is just right up my alley.

TO be fair the only way to be hype for Zafina is if you never tried to use her.

I keep saying tiers don't matter in Tekken but..she was bad.

Lol

Who says I stopped playing T6 after TTT2 came out? The tag games just aren't my thing.

Not that the last time I played should have any bearing on whether my opinions or what characters I care about matter. That strikes of an elitism that's not healthy for a FGC.

AAK

However bad she was Zafina was still stronger, better animated, and better designed than the shitty bears who get a free pass.

AAK

All? Nah, she still had one of the best low pokes in the game, one of the few characters with a 12 frame mid that could even hit AOP, good backdash, and some really + on block pressure tools.

Not at all saying she's exceptional or anything, but using the excuse that she's a bad character for Namco to discard her while Bears remain in the game grinds my gears.

The other thing is that Zafina is the only kalaripayattu practitioner I can think of in fighting games. It sucks to see such a unique martial art not taken advantage of.

yiggs

Neo Member
I'm mad at Wonkey for tweeting damaging rumors about the game. How you gonna dedicate so much of your life to promoting Tekken only to pull that shit. Maybe he's salty about Lei, lol.

On the contrary. Having met and talked to Wonkey a few times at tourneys and other Aussie events, I can tell you that he's a bit misunderstood.

There is no salt or malice behind any of his posts. Maybe just a lot of snark though.

Bottom line, old mate just loves his bloody Tekken. He doesn't fabricate news, he just shares whatever he sees about Tekken.

Sayah

Zafina is one of the best Tekken character designs and definitely one of the more unique fighting styles. But namco would rather put in a dancing pop idol and an oversized ugly robot whose moves whiff while directly hitting the opponent.

Onemic

Zafina is one of the best Tekken character designs and definitely one of the more unique fighting styles. But namco would rather put in a dancing pop idol and an oversized ugly robot whose moves whiff while directly hitting the opponent.

Jacks been in every Tekken tho

All? Nah, she still had one of the best low pokes in the game, one of the few characters with a 12 frame mid that could even hit AOP, good backdash, and some really + on block pressure tools.

Not at all saying she's exceptional or anything, but using the excuse that she's a bad character for Namco to discard her while Bears remain in the game grinds my gears.

The other thing is that Zafina is the only kalaripayattu practitioner I can think of in fighting games. It sucks to see such a unique martial art not taken advantage of.

No I think she's just a pointless character who doesn't add anything to the game of note. Good Riddance.

The Bears are a least fun to watch and add flavor to the game

Spuck-uk

Banned
However bad she was Zafina was still stronger, better animated, and better designed than the shitty bears who get a free pass.

Bears are stronger characters than Zafina in TTT2 for sure. Zafina just felt a bit of a waste, cool design but weird moves where nothing really fit cohesively together.

The only omission that surprised me really was no Changs.

AAK

No I think she's just a pointless character who doesn't add anything to the game of note. Good Riddance.

The Bears are a least fun to watch and add flavor to the game

What do you mean by "adding nothing to the game"? I'm trying to understand what you mean but I'm confused. What is about Zafina that is redundant but characters like Leo/Lars/Bob/Shaheen/Katarina aren't?

And I disagree about Bears being fun to watch. They are easily the worst animated characters in the game. It's one of my biggest peaves of TTT2 since you would only see them in clone teams which is also something I hated. Just as annoying to see as double capo's or double Bob's.

I'd be much more open to Bears if Namco made them animate like actual beasts rather than sluggishly doing circus tricks and if no tthat trying to mimic Jack and Julia moves.

Bears are stronger characters than Zafina in TTT2 for sure. Zafina just felt a bit of a waste, cool design but weird moves where nothing really fit cohesively together.

The only omission that surprised me really was no Changs.

Thanks for you insight, but Knee also agrees with me:

kneescharacterranking.jpg

Source

Nobi/Shudy also have her slightly above Kuma

What do you mean by "adding nothing to the game"? I'm trying to understand what you mean but I'm confused. What is about Zafina that is redundant but characters like Leo/Lars/Bob/Shaheen/Katarina aren't?

I mean she just doesn't add anything: plot, design, movesets, personality, etc. She's just cardboard dog.

I can get behind the bears simply because they aren't meant to be taken serious. They're silly and their movesets, story, presentation shows that. They have character.

Leo, Lars, Bob, Shaheen, and Katarina all have something interesting to me and I can get behind their design. Even though Shaheen is boring personality wise seeing him play is pretty exciting to be at least. Zafina never did anything​ for me and it seems to be the case for alot of people since we rarely see her in TTT2.

AAK

I mean she just doesn't add anything: plot, design, movesets, personality, etc. She's just cardboard dog.

I can get behind the bears simply because they aren't meant to be taken serious. They're silly and their movesets, story, presentation shows that. They have character.

Leo, Lars, Bob, Shaheen, and Katarina all have something interesting to me and I can get behind their design. Even though Shaheen is boring personality wise seeing him play is pretty exciting to be at least. Zafina never did anything​ for me and it seems to be the case for alot of people since we rarely see her in TTT2.

I respect your opinion and all, but I really can't share it.

Plot: Under that criteria Lili, Asuka, Leo, Bob, LC among so many others have no business being in the game.

Personality: I can't see how her personality is any more cardboard and generic righteous good guy as opposed Shaheen, Leo and others.

Presentation: Sure, I can agree here that she's just another exotic chick fantasy fetish for your typical straight male gamer and there's improvement that can be done there.

Moveset: I suppose this is subjective but I find her moves have far more character and distinction versus characters like Shaheen or Lars that are just doing their own form of generic punches + kicks. Shaheen's gameplay in particular to me is far more dry than Zafina's. Even though at the higher levels they both are just reduced to their typical safe mids, high/low pokes but the way Zafina completes her combo's, animates her acrobatics, etc. are far more visually appealing to me than Shaheen's. But this is all our subjective opinions so agree to disagree here.

Despite all this talk about Zafina I still stress that if I could replace Bears with another character Marduk would be the most valuable.

Sayah

Shaheen has a great design but is one of the most boring characters to watch. Most of his moveset is just generic punches and kicks.

AAK you're separating aspects of characters to say they shouldn't be in I'm saying there's nothing to like about Zafina on my end. That's it. I'm aware characters are lacking in Areas but they usually have shit like movesets or a general theme around them that i personally appreciate hell it's why Bob has never bothered me like he does a lot of people.

Rajang

lmao Zafina, only like 5 people in the world played that character. Do you really care for that character, how many times have you played her? No one has even heard of Zafina outside of the Tekken community, bears and Jack on the other hand are very iconic Tekken characters. Who the fuck is Zafina?

Jer

Man I need to just stop reading threads about missing characters. I've kind of come to accept Julia not being in the game, but when I read this thread and see pictures of terrible characters like Gigas, I find myself like physically tensing up, heh. So frustrating that a character you've spent 15 years practicing mad axes setups and shotgun combos with is gone.

Anyway that aside, one week to go, pretty exciting! Need to finish up Persona 5, since I suck at focusing on more than one game at a time.

Man I need to just stop reading threads about missing characters. I've kind of come to accept Julia not being in the game, but when I read this thread and see pictures of terrible characters like Gigas, I find myself like physically tensing up, heh. So frustrating that a character you've spent 15 years practicing mad axes setups and shotgun combos with is gone.

Anyway that aside, one week to go, pretty exciting! Need to finish up Persona 5, since I suck at focusing on more than one game at a time.

I mean you play FGs long enough that's bound to happen at some point.

Jer

I mean you play FGs long enough that's bound to happen at some point.

Yeah the logical part of me has moved on to being excited about really learning Jack 7 after enjoying learning him in TTT2 (which I had to do because Michelle wasn't available yet to team with Jaycee because I forgot to preorder, heh). There remains this visceral omg Namco how could you do this to me angst, though.

Top Bottom