• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| With Or Without EU

Craft

Since they are banned, I just ordered on Game UK instead. Game UK is also responsible for the official Nintendo UK store, right? So they should be somewhat safe?

I believe they are part of the Hut group (Zavvi, the Hut).
You should be OK with Game, but they have had a few blunders with Nintendo pre-orders over the last couple of years

http://www.geek.com/games/uk-retail...-7x-for-super-mario-maker-pre-orders-1633363/
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/truckload-...on-squid-inkling-amiibo-among-victims-1503184.
I'm sure something happened to the Wolly World pre-order but I can't find a link to it now

People on here have also had problems with preorder bonuses going missing too.

Not sure if this is the place to ask, but I got real tempted by the Odin Sphere offer for Vita on PSN. Only thing is... I'd really like to have the physical copy on the PS4 since the cover art is gorgeous, it'd be great to see that on my shelf. It's about 30 quid more on Amazon still though, and I'm not sure if it's the type of game where physical copies are rare and won't show signs of lowering price.

Anyone got any clue on this? I don't even know if there's been any good sales on the physical copy in the past, but if there's a chance then I'd rather wait.

Not sure if this is the place to ask, but I got real tempted by the Odin Sphere offer for Vita on PSN. Only thing is... I'd really like to have the physical copy on the PS4 since the cover art is gorgeous, it'd be great to see that on my shelf. It's about 30 quid more on Amazon still though, and I'm not sure if it's the type of game where physical copies are rare and won't show signs of lowering price.

Anyone got any clue on this? I don't even know if there's been any good sales on the physical copy in the past, but if there's a chance then I'd rather wait.

Hard to say with NISA games, but usually you will not see major pricedrops except for local clearance sales or something.

Checking earlier PS4 releases, Digaea is still £30+, even Akiba's Trip is still £25 and that's 1 1/2 years old. But the games also hold their resale value if you want to get rid of them again later.

If you want cheap NISA games digital sales are your best option.

Hard to say with NISA games, but usually you will not see major pricedrops except for local clearance sales or something.

Checking earlier PS4 releases, Digaea is still £30+, even Akiba's Trip is still £25 and that's 1 1/2 years old. But the games also hold their resale value if you want to get rid of them again later.

If you want cheap NISA games digital sales are your best option.
Ah... Yeah, I see what you mean. Alright, thank you kindly for the perspective! I think I'll go digital after all. The game's the most important thing and the cover is looking more like a luxury I can't afford.

Podge293

Not sure if this is the best place to post but it's me tryna be cheap and I'm in Europe so yeah.

Is there any US parcel motel equivalent? Getting game related items from the US but some don't post to Ireland so need a parcel motel like solution

TheMoon

Not sure if this is the best place to post but it's me tryna be cheap and I'm in Europe so yeah.

Is there any US parcel motel equivalent? Getting game related items from the US but some don't post to Ireland so need a parcel motel like solution

There definitely is. But I don't know any of them. Someone here will, though. Just wanted to give you the heads up that this is a thing :D

Does anyone know any twitter accounts/bots that quickly and reliably post deals? Specifically UK/Online/Console, but a few other mixed in wouldn't be a problem.

Basically Wario64 for the UK.

And I mean actual deals, not "10 year old PC game for £2" or "this pre-order is £1 cheaper than everywhere else". Savygamer for example is way too spammy for my taste. Once there is some bigger sale every game gets its own tweet and turns my timeline into garbage

Phoenixus

I don't suppose there's anywhere still selling the NES Mini controllers? Should've preordered a second with the unit. :/

NateDog

I bought a t-shirt from eBay recently and used Shipitto, they were pretty good. Got here way quicker than expected and shipping was dirt cheap considering where it came from. I'm in Ireland as well in case you're curious. That's only one experience though.

Craft

Already sold out :(

I wonder if we'll ever see it cheaper than that or if it will be one of these games that creeps up in price.

That was fast! I think it's likely to be one of those games that will creep up in price forever once it's sold out everywhere, at least there's always the digital download as a last resort.

Still a couple of places to buy it sub RRP though:
http://www.idealo.co.uk/compare/4723531/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-wii-u.html

oldmario

Does anyone know any twitter accounts/bots that quickly and reliably post deals? Specifically UK/Online/Console, but a few other mixed in wouldn't be a problem.

Basically Wario64 for the UK.

And I mean actual deals, not "10 year old PC game for £2" or "this pre-order is £1 cheaper than everywhere else". Savygamer for example is way too spammy for my taste. Once there is some bigger sale every game gets its own tweet and turns my timeline into garbage

i don't mind postabargain

Zafir

Speaking of expiring Xbox Credit. Can you not use it on pre-orders?

Since they don't charge for pre-orders until near release, it doesn't get deducted from your account. So surely that means it'll just expire instead of being used for the pre-order?

Ade

Speaking of expiring Xbox Credit. Can you not use it on pre-orders?

Since they don't charge for pre-orders until near release, it doesn't get deducted from your account. So surely that means it'll just expire instead of being used for the pre-order?

Preorders with credit are charged instantly

zaphod79

Borderlinx ?

http://www.borderlinx.com

I've used them for other stuff , they change a premium to repack and ship it to you but it works.

Podge293

Borderlinx ?

http://www.borderlinx.com

I've used them for other stuff , they change a premium to repack and ship it to you but it works.

I bought a t-shirt from eBay recently and used Shipitto, they were pretty good. Got here way quicker than expected and shipping was dirt cheap considering where it came from. I'm in Ireland as well in case you're curious. That's only one experience though.

There definitely is. But I don't know any of them. Someone here will, though. Just wanted to give you the heads up that this is a thing :D

Thanks lads/ladies

I've already played through and sold Captain Toad, but for that price I may pick it up again. Especially as it's since been given amiibo support.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Is the only way you can get Gears 4 on PC is by paying the £50 from the Windows 10 store?

Have they sorted out the nvidia keys thing yet? That should be a much cheaper way if you find someone that doesn't want the game when they buy a new GPU

Phinor

Have they sorted out the nvidia keys thing yet? That should be a much cheaper way if you find someone that doesn't want the game when they buy a new GPU

Other than Amazon.com, Nvidia keys have worked just fine since they launched the campaign. So as long as you buy from a place with buyer protection or a site/person you can trust, you should be just fine. Going price seems to be around 30 euros at least in Finland.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance and its sequel are £19.99 on PSN, making them now only a BIT ridiculously overpriced for barebones remasters of 10/7 year old games.

Addnan

Any list of websites that had data stolen recently?

I just got a random £80 transaction my debit card which bank is giving back, but just trying to figure out how my card details got out.

£33 for the bundle, bringing them in line with titles like the RE remasters..

I can wait for steeper discounts though.

I managed to get REmake for £10, which I'd gladly pay for either Alliance game. WIth Activision the steeper discounts are quite unlikely.

I'll bask in the stupidity that these are the biggest console Marvel games for the last five years ;_; Save us Insomniac Spidey.

Top Bottom