• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Xbox E3 Fanfest - 2017

QudpKWa.gif

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

StillEdge

or cancel everything after ticket 100.
I mean they should cancel them all and get that site working. Nobody should be allowed to get in by clicking returning user. People waited for a loading loop to never actually load anything. This coming from someone with a very low number also.

They need to be up front and honest right now. People who "got confirmation" could be booking plane tickets and hotels etc right now.

If they're going to invalidate those.. that's kind of f'd up. That being said, if they gave out 2000 tickets for a 500 person thing, they're going to need to figure something out.

The conference can accommodate more people, or they can host an overflow thing. The rest of the events are typically tailored to just that amount of people (only make 550 backpacks etc). An extra 1500 people will screw up their budget royally.

Lee

They need to be up front and honest right now. People who "got confirmation" could be booking plane tickets and hotels etc right now.

If they're going to invalidate those.. that's kind of f'd up. That being said, if they gave out 2000 tickets for a 500 person thing, they're going to need to figure something out.

The conference can accommodate more people, or they can host an overflow thing. The rest of the events are typically tailored to just that amount of people (only make 550 backpacks etc). An extra 1500 people will screw up their budget royally.

Literally just booked my airfare.

I think at worst it would be an extra 500 people. Don't think they did numbers from 0-1000, and I haven't seen anyone with a number above 2000.

math is hard

I mean they should cancel them all and get that site working. Nobody should be allowed to get in by clicking returning user. People waited for a loading loop to never actually load anything. This coming from someone with a very low number also.

Ah, was not completely aware of the loading loop. I had assumed that that was occurring after the tickets were supposed to be turned off.

What?

Obviously. But they can work around it for certain things, they let extra people in last year over the 500 because they felt bad and things got kind of messed up in line. Not 1500 people (or 500 people) but some.

I was being sarcastic, they should have this stuff figured out

Right now they are getting an email ready to send out to everyone other than the first 100 saying you are not going and try again at this time. Thats pretty much it

Lee

Right now they are getting an email ready to send out to everyone other than the first 100 saying you are not going and try again at this time. Thats pretty much it

Probably.

This really sucks. For all the people stuck in a loading loop, clicking the link then registering, it felt pretty safe to assume we had a spot in the queue and a valid ticket. If that's not the case and they revoke it, I need to deal with cancelling plane tickets immediately.

This might be what finally pushes me over the edge to just go PS4 all the way for Destiny 2 and leave the Xbox behind.

Somnia

Probably.

This really sucks. For all the people stuck in a loading loop, clicking the link then registering, it felt pretty safe to assume we had a spot in the queue and a valid ticket. If that's not the case and they revoke it, I need to deal with cancelling plane tickets immediately.

This might be what finally pushes me over the edge to just go PS4 all the way for Destiny 2 and leave the Xbox behind.

lol a screw up on a website will make you ditch your xbox for another system? Talk about overreaction. I get you're upset if you aren't able to go and you have to cancel your flight, but that made me laugh a bit.

Probably.

Stop It

Probably and that would really suck. Not our fault they screwed up.

I mean, it would be the 'fairest' thing to do by just taking the first 100 they have on record and starting over for the next 300.

Would still suck for everyone who got a confirmation email though who wasn't in that top 100 (or have any way to know if they're in the top 100).

This should have been figured out before doing this though, it's relatively inexcusable to let this happen, they even said they planned for high volume.

Nowise10

Probably.

You truly are a real Xbox fan!

Lee

lol a screw up on a website will make you ditch your xbox for another system? Talk about overreaction. I get you're upset if you aren't able to go and you have to cancel your flight, but that made me laugh a bit.

Glad I could make you laugh man. Obviously I'm a fan and I was looking forward to this, but I have a ton of valid reasons to make the jump that don't need to be laid out here. I'm waiting to see what happens, but throwing it out there out of frustration that this might just be the push I've been waiting for.

It's so sensitive @ Twitter that 1 tweet claiming the new drop is @ 10 am from anyone would create another rush of people refreshing like crazy.

Somnia

Glad I could make you laugh man. Obviously I'm a fan and I was looking forward to this, but I have a ton of valid reasons to make the jump. I'm waiting to see what happens, but throwing it out there out of frustration that this might just be the push I've been waiting for.

Look if you want to switch to PS4 for their exclusives, you have more friends that play there vs xbox, you prefer the controller, etc. that makes sense, but to let a screw up on a website be what makes you switch is just overreaction because your frustrated at this moment. Just wait and see what happens, if they do only accept the 1st 100 people today, there are more chances for you to get a ticket still.

Glad I could make you laugh man. Obviously I'm a fan and I was looking forward to this, but I have a ton of valid reasons to make the jump that don't need to be laid out here. I'm waiting to see what happens, but throwing it out there out of frustration that this might just be the push I've been waiting for.

Stop It

Probably.

Fuck is wrong with you?

lol classic. These forums are amazing

Lee

Look if you want to switch to PS4 for their exclusives, you have more friends that play there vs xbox, you prefer the controller, etc. that makes sense, but to let a screw up on a website be what makes you switch is just overreaction because your frustrated at this moment. Just wait and see what happens, if they do only accept the 1st 100 people today, there are more chances for you to get a ticket still.

There are adapters man. Controller definitely comes with me.

Didn't mean to cause so much outrage with that comment. I'm holding tight like everyone else waiting to see what happens. I've never been to E3 or the FanFest before and I got my hopes way up when that email came through this morning.

I dont mind the wait i understand glitches happen, but at least tweet out that you will be tweeting out a new time to be ready by shortly. Now i have to sit here and wonder if the link is just going to pop up or they are just going to say wait till tomorrow.

Izuna

Banned
Cancelling plane tickets is no joke. If I were you, I'd put Sony stickers over the Xbox and throw it out the window.

I dont mind the wait i understand glitches happen, but at least tweet out that you will be tweeting out a new time to be ready by shortly. Now i have to sit here and wonder if the link is just going to pop up or they are just going to say wait till tomorrow.

I am just refreshing the site. So maybe there's a sliver of a chance to get in?

Top Bottom