• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 releases September 14, 2017

Mikey Jr.

Still have to play this on PS4.

Does anyone know if they are planning a console version down the road sometime?

Z3M0G

Just purchases the first one on PS4 2 days ago... game is intimidating, to say the least... but holy hell, is the combat system brilliant!

Edit: Lol, silly, but I was curious what PS4 co-op play looked like so did a search. Bad / Confused gamers can be funny at times: https://youtu.be/wA-SPepF0Co?t=297

I like how the kid needs to explain everything.

Arkkoran

Unconfirmed Member
I've been having a blast in early access, especially with the new classes. Excited for full release!

Still have to play this on PS4.

Does anyone know if they are planning a console version down the road sometime?

They've said something along the lines they're focusing on PC version first and then will consider other platforms.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
giphy.gif

I have avoided the beta but all the update videos I have watched made me super giddy every time. This will turn out to be one of the best games of this generation.

Anno

So almost exactly one year after EA went live. Sounds good! There's also a huge new patch out today for people who like tooling around with the new skills and stuff.

I enjoy that this will be the second massive, amazing looking crpg Kickstarter sequel to feature a boat as a home base. Boats are rad.

xuchu

Loved the first original sin and the enhanced edition. Havent played the early access version as I'll probably get burnt out but eagearly anticipating the sept release.

No one has as many friends as the man with many cheeses.

bbd23

GOTY!

Played the early access when it came out but avoided all the updates after and I can't wait.

the game looks fantastic.

reddish

Neo Member
Awesome. D:OS EE is one of my favorite games of all time.

While I know other big features were the priority over local coop, I'll be holding off until splitscreen coop/controller support gets added as it's the absolute best way to play the game if you've got a roommate/significant other -- hopefully that won't take too long after release.

Buckle

Just something about the way Belgian people talk that makes them seem like the friendliest people on earth.

Hopefully I can get off my ass and finally finish Original Sin before the launch of 2. Restarted it two times now and kept getting distracted by other stuff going on.

Aeana

I know I'm going to love this. I really can't wait. I'll be wrapped up in DQ11 St the time of release, though.

Cracklox

Well shit. That's sets the countdown clock at t-minus 4 months for me to get back and beat the first one that I got about half way through.

Buckle

New races are definitely what I'm looking forward to the most.

Can't wait to get a zombie and lizard man in action.

Anno

I'm so happy with the focus on story and character interaction for the sequel.

Yeah there's a crazy focus on reactivity and role-playing this time around. To the point where I actually think the indirect dialogue might even be controversial for people who aren't as big into it. It'll be interesting to see.

kevin1025

Banned
Do we know if this one will still have gamepad support on PC? I loved it on the original.

In their release date FAQ on Steam, it says:

Yes. The controller UI will be updated once the revisions to the keyboard and mouse UI are relatively complete (which are a work in progress as the design of various systems are finalized). Once the controller UI is in, split screen co-op support will be implemented.
Obviously sooner would be better, but currently it is not guaranteed that either will be available before release. If not by release, they will be added as soon as possible after release.

It's how I plan on playing, as well!

Wrynnax

Just something about the way Belgian people talk that makes them seem like the friendliest people on earth.

Hopefully I can get off my ass and finally finish Original Sin before the launch of 2. Restarted it two times now and kept getting distracted by other stuff going on.

Oh, but we are :)

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Man that first game was so good after they overhauled it with the Enhanced Edition. Even the base game wasn't bad, it just needed a lot more help with the mid and end game. The EE made those amazing instead of all the great stuff being up front.

I can't wait to jump into D:OS2.

Gattsu25

Banned
Just purchases the first one on PS4 2 days ago... game is intimidating, to say the least... but holy hell, is the combat system brilliant!

Edit: Lol, silly, but I was curious what PS4 co-op play looked like so did a search. Bad / Confused gamers can be funny at times: https://youtu.be/wA-SPepF0Co?t=297

I like how the kid needs to explain everything.

Thanks for sharing that vid.

It's like a flashback from when I tried to introduce this game to one of my brothers.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Nice.

Picked up the first one for sale over PSN last week, haven't had a chance to play it yet but looking forward to this game.

Top Bottom