• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Spaghetti
(06-19-2017, 12:21 AM)
Switch from the Shenmue Dojo will soon be publishing an interview with Eric Kelso (voice actor for Ren, Fuku-san, Guizhang, various NPCs, Virtua Fighter's Jacky Bryant, etc) on his blog, Phantom River Stone.

While we're waiting, Eric graciously recorded two promos for the interview. One as Ren, and one as Fuku-san.
celsowmbr
(07-10-2017, 03:56 PM)
Vote Shenmue as Best All-Time Game:

Instructions:
http://www.phantomriverstone.com/201...time-game.html

Famitsu link:
https://ebssl.jp/fm2/election/gameall/index.php
IrishNinja
(08-15-2017, 06:30 AM)
posted?

Access Shenmue Passportís online section with this simple patch

totally trying this on my next playthrough!
Spaghetti
(08-15-2017, 08:26 PM)
There was a thread about it. It's still pretty cool though.

Also - Gamescom next week. Shenmue III info comin' down the pipe soon.

No idea when the news is breaking, but I'd assume the 22nd considering it's the press day of the event before it opens for the general public.

A Kickstarter update is due to go live at the same time as new info/media gets revealed to the press, and there will be reps from Shenmue fan groups like the Dojo, 500K, Master, etc, at Gamescom covering what comes out.
IrishNinja
(08-22-2017, 12:20 AM)
Shenmue III Ė The 1st Teaser

The first teaser of Shenmue III is built from a small slice of an in-development build of the game, and it delivers small peeks in new look of main characters, new characters, and feels of Shenmue world.

Sectorseven
(09-22-2017, 09:23 PM)
Anything Shenmue related at TGS?

I think we got a button last year.
Spaghetti
(10-24-2017, 02:52 PM)
I don't know how many of you still hang around here now, but I thought I'd plug this just in case:

Shenmue Lounge is launching on Monday 30th October.

Shenmue Lounge is an initiative from Peter Campbell (ShenmueGuru on here, formerly of the Dojo & its initial livestreams) to keep up exposure and representation of the series on streaming platforms. If any of you have been in on Peter's older streams before, you'd know it's a nice and chilled out place to have positive talk about the series/just hang out/have a laugh. I'll leave the details to the announcement video.

The first stream next Monday will also be covering Sony's Paris Games Week conference, because of the possibility of Shenmue HD finally being announced there. There's a chance YSnet drops the monthly Shenmue III update on Kickstarter by Monday too, so that might get discussed as well.

Hope to see some of you there.

Shenmue Lounge Twitter
Laevateinn
(10-24-2017, 02:53 PM)

Originally Posted by Spaghetti

I don't know how many of you still hang around here now, but I thought I'd plug this just in case:

Shenmue Lounge is an initiative from Peter Campbell (ShenmueGuru on here, formerly of the Dojo & its initial livestreams) to keep up exposure and representation of the series on streaming platforms. If any of you have been in on Peter's older streams before, you'd know it's a nice and chilled out place to have positive talk about the series/just hang out/have a laugh. I'll leave the details to the announcement video.

The first stream next Monday will also be covering Sony's Paris Games Week conference, because of the possibility of Shenmue HD finally being announced there. There's a chance YSnet drops the monthly Shenmue III update on Kickstarter by Monday too, so that might get discussed as well.

Shenmue Lounge Twitter

I can't send an invite to our discord because there's a 10 minute PM rule but you'll get one soon. Come join us.
OnionPowder
(10-24-2017, 02:56 PM)

Originally Posted by Laevateinn

I can't send an invite to our discord because there's a 10 minute PM rule but you'll get one soon. Come join us.

I'd be interested in one of those if possible
Erevador
(10-24-2017, 03:22 PM)

Originally Posted by Laevateinn

Is there a ShenmueGAF discord? Been active with you guys since before the Kickstarter (and the very exciting times during). Would be sad to see the community fracture and break apart...
Omikaru
(10-24-2017, 03:27 PM)
I didn't know there was a ShenmueGAF community Discord. I've been a fan of the series for a long time, despite not really participating in the GAF community (and I won't be on GAF for much longer, quite frankly), but I'd love an invite if you guys would have me. Feel free to PM me.
Ryo Hazuki
(10-24-2017, 04:01 PM)
Always checked out Peter's streams when I could. Would love a PM to any official Shenmue discord you guys have too.
Laevateinn
(10-24-2017, 04:14 PM)
It's a Retro oriented discord. Not sure if we're doing a Shenmue specific one. Might be better to hop into the discord so you guys can move to the new site once it's ready. I have work now but I'll send out more invites to you guys tonight.
Spaghetti
(10-24-2017, 04:22 PM)
I can speak with Peter about possibly setting one up for Shenmue Lounge if there's an appetite for a Shenmue-specific Discord, but we'll see if the numbers are there for it to be worthwhile. Best way to get it is to tune in and ask.
Ryo Hazuki
(10-24-2017, 04:32 PM)

I can speak with Peter about possibly setting one up for Shenmue Lounge if there's an appetite for a Shenmue-specific Discord, but we'll see if the numbers are there for it to be worthwhile. Best way to get it is to tune in and ask.

Sounds good. I'll be around the streams as much as I can as I always stream whilst working etc. Would always appreciate a PM to anything Shenmue related or ShenmueGAF related as I like all the Shenmue fans I've met on here.
Sectorseven
(10-24-2017, 07:41 PM)
Doubt I'll be posting here in light of recent events, but I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed this thread. It was nice to interact with other big Shenmue fans who could also remain grounded and realistic about their fandom and expectations for the new game.

Hopefully I'll see you again on another forum.
Jo Shishido's Cheeks
(10-24-2017, 11:01 PM)
The OP is a thing of beauty.

Itís sad to think we wonít be together when Shenmue III finally releases :í(

Keep me in mind for any Discord shenanigans and keep friends and those you love close to you!
mattp
(10-25-2017, 06:14 PM)
see ya'll on resetera
ThePliskin
(10-25-2017, 06:40 PM)
ShenmueGAF where are you going? Our family is small when need to stick together :(
Spaghetti
(10-25-2017, 11:09 PM)

Originally Posted by ThePliskin

ShenmueGAF where are you going? Our family is small when need to stick together :(

Gonna plug this again:

Shenmue Lounge Twitter

Might be a good place for ShenmueGAF to converge in the interim.
Erevador
(10-25-2017, 11:25 PM)

I'm keeping up to date with what's going on with you know, that other place... I expect large scale migration. I think a good portion of ShenmueGAF can regroup there.

Stay tuned...
IrishNinja
(10-26-2017, 09:55 AM)

i'm on slaent, will check out reset era whenever i catch the invite - we're not far fam, and shenmuedojo is a nice spot too
Jo Shishido's Cheeks
(10-26-2017, 10:23 AM)
New place is cool and a lot of OTs from here have been ported across so we should just do that :)
Erevador
(10-26-2017, 10:54 AM)
Put up a new OT in the new place... hope to see you guys there!

Am of course open to adding new things and revising the OT as needed.
Jo Shishido's Cheeks
(10-26-2017, 11:00 AM)
Iím in it, good job 👍🏽
openrob
(10-26-2017, 12:42 PM)
What's the issue wth just being on Shenmue Dojo and/or 500k Facebook group?
Erevador
(10-26-2017, 01:15 PM)

Originally Posted by openrob

What's the issue wth just being on Shenmue Dojo and/or 500k Facebook group?

Nothing wrong with being on all those place... but uh, perhaps you've noticed the migration of 7,000+ gaffers in the last 24 hours to somewhere in particular? Good to have a place for Shenmue discussion in what appears will be the new NeoGAF.

In any case, the OT is up over there and a few people have already popped in to say hi. Hope to see everyone over there if they feel like stopping by!
CaseyTappy
(10-26-2017, 01:23 PM)

Originally Posted by Erevador

Nothing wrong with being on all those place... but uh, perhaps you've noticed the migration of 7,000+ gaffers in the last 24 hours to somewhere in particular? Good to have a place for Shenmue discussion in what appears will be the new NeoGAF.

In any case, the OT is up over there and a few people have already popped in to say hi. Hope to see everyone over there if they feel like stopping by!

You believe all of those 7000 have actually quit their account here ?
Erevador
(10-26-2017, 01:31 PM)

Originally Posted by CaseyTappy

You believe all of those 7000 have actually quit their account here ?

No, and I haven't quit mine. The theatricality of many exits is a bit much, and I'd like to stay in contact with the various wonderful communities on here during this period... but I do definitely get the sense that a real transition is taking place and that the experience that was GAF will in future primarily be taking place somewhere else. That inspires all kinds of mixed feelings for me, as I'm sure it does for everyone who has posted here for years.

That transition may take awhile though, so I want to keep contact and try and help these communities stay connected as much as possible.

The experience of the E3 of dreams, the Kickstarter, and the aftermath... all of that with ShenmueGAF was honestly a wild ride and an amazing experience. I'm grateful such a cool group of people came together here and pushed so passionately for that dream to go the extra mile.

I know for a fact that the enthusiasm of GAF posters drove many thousands of dollars worth of donations from those who wanted to see just what we were going on about. The people here who never gave up on Shenmue really are a not insignificant part of what made that moment happen.

Anways... it's been a real weird couple of days.
ThePliskin
(10-26-2017, 06:01 PM)

Originally Posted by Erevador

I'm keeping up to date with what's going on with you know, that other place... I expect large scale migration. I think a good portion of ShenmueGAF can regroup there.

Stay tuned...

Waiting for a code.....=)

Originally Posted by IrishNinja

i'm on slaent, will check out reset era whenever i catch the invite - we're not far fam, and shenmuedojo is a nice spot too

I hope we all be together on Reset Era!
openrob
(10-31-2017, 06:21 PM)
Eh, I mean I enjoyed spending time in 500k Facebook to have my E3 discuss. Made a few friends on there as well. GAF was never the best place for Shenmue discuss :P
BANGS
(11-10-2017, 07:43 PM)
Shenmue 500k facebook has always been a good place for interesting topics IMO...