• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

sprsk
force push the doodoo rock
(08-27-2006, 12:07 PM)
He was kinda just phoning it in that mckids review.
Shard
XBLAnnoyance
(08-27-2006, 12:12 PM)
Yea, he sounded bored with the whole thing.
demi
Banned
(08-27-2006, 12:13 PM)
At least I got to see more into the game, since I was never going to bother actually completing it
SuomiDude
(08-27-2006, 12:13 PM)
Yeah, that McKids game isn't nearly as shitty or otherwise bad to make much humor out of it. I remember playing back then, and it was a decent platformer.
eXistor
(08-27-2006, 01:00 PM)
He should play Total Recall or something. The BTTF one was great though.
MutFox
Banned
(08-27-2006, 01:16 PM)

Originally Posted by demi

At least I got to see more into the game, since I was never going to bother actually completing it

EDIT it into your original post. :P
Pristine_Condition
(08-27-2006, 02:29 PM)
He should have finished McKids for the viewers. I mean, you can get the maps for the game straight from one of the guys that developed the thing here:

http://greggman.com/games/mckids.htm

For a nerd, he sure isn't up on the whole "Google" thing.
Kreed
(08-27-2006, 04:46 PM)
He definately should have played something worse. He didn't even sound very angry in the review, especially in comparison to his BTTF and TMNT reviews.

Originally Posted by demi

The Professor? Was he even a part of the McDonalds lineup? CosMc? :lol

I actually remember CosMc. From what I remember, in the commercials he came to Earth wanting to try great Earth food and he was given a Cheese Burger. That's probably why he disappeared.
SonicMegaDrive
(08-27-2006, 05:15 PM)
McKids is a really good game, actually.

But I still enjoyed his review.
jeremy1456
(08-27-2006, 05:24 PM)

Originally Posted by SonicMegaDrive

McKids is a really good game, actually.

But I still enjoyed his review.

QFT.

He really didn't have much fuel this time around, because MCkids rocks.
Jacobi
Banned
(08-27-2006, 05:27 PM)
Still much more enjoyable than the 1UP/IGN crap.
Hopefully he'll review Silver Surfer next time, wanna see it...
Dapperk
(08-27-2006, 05:28 PM)

Originally Posted by Kreed

He definately should have played something worse. He didn't even sound very angry in the review, especially in comparison to his BTTF and TMNT reviews.

I actually remember CosMc. From what I remember, in the commercials he came to Earth wanting to try great Earth food and he was given a Cheese Burger. That's probably why he disappeared.

he should have brought his ass over to In-N-Out Burger, stupid alien :D
thefro
(08-27-2006, 05:40 PM)

Originally Posted by Shard

Hmmm, that one wasn't up to the comedy stnadards of his last videos, I think it might be because McKids over here looks to be merely an average platformer rather then a completely shitty one. Basically it could have used some more anger.

The Back to the Future review was a masterpiece, so it'd be hard to top.
DarkCloud
(09-01-2006, 09:59 PM)
New review up on Screwattack.com. Wally Bear and the No Gang.

I'm hoping that they don't add that intro to every new review he does now.
Neo_Dasus
(09-01-2006, 10:21 PM)
This makes me angry for a very apparent reason.
PolyGone
Banned
(09-01-2006, 10:32 PM)
crap intro, excise it from the show, its a waste of time
Shard
XBLAnnoyance
(09-01-2006, 10:39 PM)
Indeed, he didn't need it before and he doesn't need it now.
eXistor
(09-01-2006, 11:14 PM)
Meh, that was just weak all around I say.
zon
(09-01-2006, 11:41 PM)

Shredder's my dick and Splinter's my balls

Wtf :lol :lol
GDJustin
stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
(09-01-2006, 11:53 PM)
OMG YOU CAN WALK OVER THAT LITTLE GAP IN TMNT?!? I NEVER ****ING KNEW THAT!

Seriously though, this shit is hilarious. Accurate, too. Athough I did dig some of the game he rags on, I still concede his points.
radioheadrule83
Banned
(09-02-2006, 12:01 AM)
:lol errr durrrr I wanna put the game in!

"Every bird and attack dog on the block wants you dead, and theres not a whole lot you can do about that but jump for your life"

"Why would a bird want to kill a skateboarding bear anyway?"

Ahhh, they don't make games like they used to thats for sure.
salva
Banned
(09-16-2006, 07:50 PM)
new one: TOP GUN

http://screwattack.com/Flash%20HTML/ANN/TG/ANNTG.html

:lol :lol :lol
SolidSnakex
(09-16-2006, 07:55 PM)

Originally Posted by salva

:lol Right when I saw the name Top Gun I knew one of the bigger complaints would be how its impossible to land.

And :lol @ his theme song.
salva
Banned
(09-16-2006, 08:02 PM)
HADUKEN! :lol :lol
Lathentar
Looking for Pants
(09-16-2006, 08:03 PM)

:lol :lol :lol :lol
I had Top Gun and don't think I ever passed the second level either.
Oldschoolgamer
The physical form of blasphemy
(09-16-2006, 08:07 PM)

:lol :lol
Error
Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
(09-16-2006, 08:15 PM)

Up Up Im pressing Up!
Sanjuro
Inside Man
(09-16-2006, 08:16 PM)

Originally Posted by jjasper

The TMNT one is awesome. Just wondering has anyone ever actually beaten the game?

I beat the game...one of the most memorable games I have ever played due to its difficulty. At the time Konami was promoting they made the best games because they were the hardest. I believe that had somthing to do with the gametype.

As far as Angry Nintendo Nerd, he is amusing but didnt provide me with any reasons why TMNT..only that he wasnt good at the game. BTTF he was right on.
X360FanBoyLOL
Banned
(09-16-2006, 08:17 PM)
:lol
Nicktals
Banned
(09-16-2006, 08:26 PM)
If I had more time or motivation, I'd write an indepth rebuttal to his McKids review, because even the few complaints he made were wrong. And yeah, I beat this game and the secret level when I was 5 or 6...But I guess I was pretty good at games back then.

Why was he carrying a block when he tried to make that tough jump inbetween the two springs? If he had done it without it it would've been much easier. That bugged me a bit.

EDIT: And for the TMNT review...He's kinda dumb, isn't it? He clearly showed himself walking over a 1 space gap in the water level (not the swimming one, but the one where he kept falling into the water), so he knew that you could walk over small gaps, yet he just decided to ignore what he knew (and most people at that stage in the game knew) to make it more entertaining. But, I guess I'm probably just taking him too seriously.
Wario64
works for Gamestop (lol)
(09-16-2006, 08:28 PM)
I actually liked Top Gun back in the day too

*LANDING SEQUENCE*

"Uh oh, I'm really fucked now" :lol
Sanjuro
Inside Man
(09-16-2006, 08:33 PM)

Originally Posted by Nicktals

If I had more time or motivation, I'd write an indepth rebuttal to his McKids review, because even the few complaints he made were wrong. And yeah, I beat this game and the secret level when I was 5 or 6...But I guess I was pretty good at games back then.

Why was he carrying a block when he tried to make that tough jump inbetween the two springs? If he had done it without it it would've been much easier. That bugged me a bit.

EDIT: And for the TMNT review...He's kinda dumb, isn't it? He clearly showed himself walking over a 1 space gap in the water level (not the swimming one, but the one where he kept falling into the water), so he knew that you could walk over small gaps, yet he just decided to ignore what he knew (and most people at that stage in the game knew) to make it more entertaining. But, I guess I'm probably just taking him too seriously.

I could take any old game, pretend to be pissed off, and find anything close to being a flaw. While in some cases he is correct BTTF/Top Gun..but those games in general are widely considered shitty games...and I've known this since the early 90s. While CV2, TMNT, KK I enjoyed playing them all and many others have as well.
Warm Machine
(09-16-2006, 08:54 PM)
Castlevania 2 review is bang on. Stiff attacks, movement, jumping, and push back hit reactions don't work.
Fourth Storm
(09-16-2006, 08:59 PM)
That made my afternoon. So far, the Ninja Turtles and Castlevania reviews strike me as the best.
Shard
XBLAnnoyance
(09-16-2006, 09:00 PM)

I remember that game, DAMN YOU LANDING AND REFUELING SEQUENCES!
Warm Machine
(09-16-2006, 09:05 PM)
I want to see him tackle Jaws, X-Men, Dynowarz, and Rambo.
Y2Kev
TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
(09-16-2006, 09:18 PM)
Top Gun 2 multiplayer was fun for my step brother and I.
Future Trunks
lemme tell you something son, this guy is SO FARKING HUGE HE'LL FLEX AND DESTROY THE SUN no shit
(09-16-2006, 09:28 PM)
LOL! I have this! Me and my friends would be on the first and second level owning fools - totally mastered fighting the enemies, but then, at the end of the levels...IT happened.

CPU: "Good job FT, now land and come on home buddy!"

Me (in the 8 year old equivalent of the word): "F*ck."

The sequence was awesome cause when the cut scene played you'd pray you made it, then the game would be a bastard and show you doing what appeared to be a clean landing on the carrier and then you just go right over the edge. :lol

My dad friggin' MASTERED this game though. He was all world. I was shocked. Supremely. He and his buddies would gettogether on days off and play this and Double Dribble. I felt privileged being able to see the last level with the Space Shuttle on the pad.
Of All Trades
(09-16-2006, 09:48 PM)

Originally Posted by Shard

I remember that game, DAMN YOU LANDING AND REFUELING SEQUENCES!

I could land, but I'm in the same situation as him where I've never seen the 3rd level thanks to the impossible refueling sequence.
Ninja Scooter
bow down to the
Kings in Raider hats
(09-16-2006, 09:56 PM)
:lol the entire landing sequence "ASS! FUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuucK!"
Great Wasabi Man
(09-16-2006, 10:09 PM)

Originally Posted by SanjuroTsubaki

I could take any old game, pretend to be pissed off, and find anything close to being a flaw. While in some cases he is correct BTTF/Top Gun..but those games in general are widely considered shitty games...and I've known this since the early 90s. While CV2, TMNT, KK I enjoyed playing them all and many others have as well.

agreed. More like Whiney Gonna Pretend I'm Angry Rolling Rock Nerd.
Ceb
(09-16-2006, 10:38 PM)
Holy shit, Top Gun... I never managed to make it past the 3rd level. :D
Joeroll
(09-16-2006, 10:46 PM)

Originally Posted by Great Wasabi Man

agreed. More like Whiney Gonna Pretend I'm Angry Rolling Rock Nerd.

You guys are being cynical about a guy being cynical. He's being funny, you guys are being serious. "I can do the same thing play a shitty game and pretend to be pissed off." I doubt it.

And also about the games, hell I loved them when I was 5 years old playing TMNT. But, even then I knew it sucked ass. It was all about the license.

Just because the guy had an episode you didn't find as funny or agree with doesn't mean he 'sucks' now. I mean really I dont think he is too serious....
charlesthefirst
(09-16-2006, 10:57 PM)
Yeah, you guys need to just chill and not get offended by this guy just because he thought of a good idea before you did. That having been said, I was beginning to worry that he was losing his touch after the McKids and Wally Bear reviews, but the Top Gun review showed more of the quality that was present in his earliest reviews. However, I don't know if he'll ever top the TMNT, Roger Rabbit, CV2, or the BTTF reviews.
Nicktals
Banned
(09-16-2006, 11:35 PM)

Originally Posted by charlesthefirst

Yeah, you guys need to just chill and not get offended by this guy just because he thought of a good idea before you did. That having been said, I was beginning to worry that he was losing his touch after the McKids and Wally Bear reviews, but the Top Gun review showed more of the quality that was present in his earliest reviews. However, I don't know if he'll ever top the TMNT, Roger Rabbit, CV2, or the BTTF reviews.

Umm, I don't agree. He could find games and situations to make some of his videos much better. He can do this whole act, while making valid review points. But the things I pointed out above just scratched the surface, of his just grasping to try to bash a game. But when he purposefully makes situations more difficult so that he can get mad at it, then it just takes the whole thing down a notch. He can find games worthy of getting pissed off at without having to fabricate anything.
RumpledForeskin
Banned
(09-17-2006, 12:01 AM)
Is it just me or are some of those mckids sprites/layouts the same shit that's in super mario world?
GilloD
Banned
(09-17-2006, 12:06 AM)
Wasn't McKids a Treasure game?

This guy is alright. He's another one of those guys who thinks teh funny is swearing a lot and dragging ironic appreciation out of the closet. He does have his moments, though, and I remember how ****ing hard a lot of these games were.
MightyHedgehog
Welcome to the Wasteland.
I hope you're wearing your flak vest!
(09-17-2006, 12:19 AM)

Originally Posted by GilloD

Wasn't McKids a Treasure game?

Wrong McDonald's game. The Treasure game, which was a good game actually, was Treasure Land Adventure on the Genesis/MD.
Dupy
"it is in giving that we receive"
(09-17-2006, 12:39 AM)

Originally Posted by Nicktals

He can find games worthy of getting pissed off at without having to fabricate anything.

If you think TMNT, BTTF, Roger Rabbit, and Top Gun were good games then I will never trust your opinion of games. Never ever.
Gek54
(09-17-2006, 12:49 AM)
I remember beating Top Gun as a kid. I ran around the house screaming after killing the shuttle launch.

Cosmc