• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man 1-6 Coming to 3DS

Codeblue

I already own these games, some multiple times over so I'm not going to be buying them.

I mean, I would if there was a chance that buying them would make Capcom rethink trashing Megaman, but it won't. If there's anything I've learned from the Wii it's that Capcom will make what it wants and that their "tests" are lose-lose propositions.

Bii

How much will each game cost? I don't see a price mentioned. Either way, I'll probably end up (re)buying them all. :/

Sell me all 6 for $20 and you've got a deal. $5 for an NES game (especially one that I own two or three times over) is too much, sorry.

test_account

XP-39C²
When i first saw this news, i thought immediately at the GBA collection :\ I saw an ad for that game in a magazine, so i guess that the game was almost done in developement, i wonder why they havnt released it, even through digital download only to save production costs on making a physical cart.

But the original Mega Man games are still great, so i cant really complain about them coming out on Virtual Console :)

Bururian

I'm on board. I don't have the games anymore, nor the anniversary collection. Plus a way to play on the go is the bee's knees for me.

Velcro Fly

Put 9 and 10 on a 3DS cart with all DLC and I'd buy it. Never played them before.

This is good news in all honesty. I'll take VC releases however I can get them.

In for MM2-5 but I know on the 27th I'm going to be weak and buy MM1 that I already have on the Anniversary Collection and Powered Up.

Sell me all 6 for $20 and you've got a deal. $5 for an NES game (especially one that I own two or three times over) is too much, sorry.

You're in luck! They'll be 4.99 a piece! Rejoice!

Seriously, it's worth owning for me for three reasons.

1# - I have wanted a portable version of these games for the 3DS since they started the NES VC on it.

2# - If there is a slight chance these will change Capcpom's mind to ressurect the MM franchise, I'll do what I can to help.

3# - I love classic Mega Man. They are what I grew up on. I will probably own every copy ever. :p

As a super hardcore Mega Man fan... I will NOT be supporting this.

I'm tired of being tossed ports or fan projects and Capcom thinking "Well, that'll shut them up for awhile."

Mr. Fix

The NES and the 3DS both have the same vertical resolution, so NES games looks superb on the 3DS. No stretching at all and they fill the screen nicely. (In terms of height, anyway. They're 4:3ish, so there are black borders down the side, but that's way better than stretching them)

Awesome! Thanks, breh.

jdl

Banned
The point is to have classic Mega man on your 3ds. 3D is dumb anyways don't see why everybody cares about it so much.

Because it's a system that touts 3d as a primary feature. If it were porting to anything else I wouldn't give two shits.

Can't wait! Yes, I bought them on NES as well.

I think it would be great to have 9 & 10 too but what are the odds of that actually happening?

terrisus

Most will go to bat for 2 and 3 being the picks of the litter. I tend to agree, but I also really like 4.

Pretty much this. 2 is my favorite, followed closely by 3. Although I really enjoy 4, 5, and 1 as well. Haven't really spent as much time with the later games.
Really excited to be able to have Mega Man 2 and 3 on the go.

Picked up 3 on the JP store, and it looks fantastic. I forgot how vivid and colorful it was, and everything looks remarkably crisp. I have 2 on Wii, but I may rebuy so I can have a portable copy. 4 and 5 are tempting also, and I actually liked 6, so I may just get a 2000 yen card and buy them all while they are on sale.

HYDE

Banned
No thanks...

Just give us 6 on Wii V.

Maybe Nintendo just maybe U could make things cross-playable on the Wii U and 3DS...get with the program.

goldenpp72

Question, what is the resolution of the 3ds screen vs the NES/SNES? I ask because I know the screen resolution took a hit and had to cut off areas on prior Nintendo handhelds, is that still a thing?

@MUWANdo

Banned
Question, what is the resolution of the 3ds screen vs the NES/SNES? I ask because I know the screen resolution took a hit and had to cut off areas on prior Nintendo handhelds, is that still a thing?

3DS resolution is 400x240, ie big enough for NES/SNES games.

Megatron

Megaman 1 is one of the first games I ever owned, but it has aged really poorly. I will skip it and pick up 2-4 for sure and probably 5&6 also, neither of which I played much of.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
3DS resolution is 400x240, ie big enough for NES/SNES games.
NES games are actually a little stretched which makes for a slightly blurry image which can be annoying for some (although of course no cutting off issues-- unlike the Vita with some PS1 games)

steveovig

I still have my PS2 Anniversary Collection so no dice. I would double dip for another collection, especially with trophies. Also, why in hell is 6, 7, and MM&B not on the VC?

Lusankya

this is very unnatural.

I might add that Mega Man 4 was my first Mega Man game. I played them at a friend's NES and the order in which he got the games was 4, 5, 3, 2, 6. After playing 4 and 5, I thought 3 was a little bit weaker and 2 was quite bad. Not as bad as 6, though.

Can't wait! Yes, I bought them on NES as well.

I think it would be great to have 9 & 10 too but what are the odds of that actually happening?

I hope that if 1-6 sells well, they will put 9 & 10 on the eshop. I never played either 9 or 10. However, if they were HD games, they might not work on the 3DS.

HYDE

Banned
kunonabi and bomb win this thread.

I want MM6 on VC and 7/8 in an 8 bit collection for perfection.

Sad face

Think I would rebuy this if Nintendo took it's head out of it's ass and offered prior owners a discount. Would certainly prefer playing US version rather than Rockman on my Vita. Slidepad could be trouble for a game like this though

Videoneon

I decided to buy it. It was actually a bit awkward to get used to holding the console and I would've liked B as jump and X (left button or whatever) as shoot, but I've adjusted. A as jump and B as shoot is goofy, though manageable. Apparently Virtual Console gives you a sort of Save State feature, though you're only allotted one. I didn't use it, but sounds like a nice enough touch. For the record I'm using the vanilla 3DS.

I'll at least buy 4, not sure if I'll get 3. I still think $5 is fucked up, but I like Mega Man, make few impulse purchases, and have $5 additional eshop bux to spend >=)

I decided to buy it. It was actually a bit awkward to get used to holding the console and I would've liked B as jump and X (left button or whatever) as shoot, but I've adjusted. A as jump and B as shoot is goofy, though manageable. Apparently Virtual Console gives you a sort of Save State feature, though you're only allotted one. I didn't use it, but sounds like a nice enough touch. For the record I'm using the vanilla 3DS.

I'll at least buy 4, not sure if I'll get 3. I still think $5 is fucked up, but I like Mega Man, make few impulse purchases, and have $5 additional eshop bux to spend >=)

I'm waiting for 5 and maybe 6 since they aren't available on the US PSN :p

Not wild about that button setup. Still better than that bullshit on the Gamecube anniversary where the buttons were freaking mirrored.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
People seriuosly want 7 and 8 to be in 8-bit style? Don't want to say these games don't have problems, but regression for the sake of nostalgia is not a good thing.

The best game out of original six is easily either 4 or 6. I know people like 2 and 3 but both have some questionable design choices (like that one boss).

Top Bottom