• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eating Pizza without dipping sauce? How do youse guys do it !!!

krae_man

42afJcK.gif

Man Splinter is working hard to feed the baby turtles.

Also OP, Pizza Pizza is the worst Canadian chain pizza.

vivftp

You're gonna make me throw up. BBQ sauce as base? its not even pizza anymore.

Lol, I don't care if people want to call it something else, so long as it tastes amazing to me :)

BTW, pizza hut jalapeño cheddar sauce is virtually identical to pizza pizza. I too prefer pizza hut if I can be bothered to go the extra distance. Pizza nova is sometimes acceptable too.

Soriku

Pizza as is is perfectly fine, but sometimes I like to dip it in blue cheese. No matter how good the pizza tastes sometimes you want that different flavor as an addition. Best of both worlds.

as I said earlier, I don't eat Pizza Pizza. I eat local pizza, or from other chain like Pizza hut, dominos. I just like Pizza Pizza dip, so that's all I get from them lol

man, those are pretty expensive given how much of the sauce you actually get. Couldn't you just buy the various dips from supermarkets?

i looked online and sobeys might sell them.. or something similar. Although, I should point out that the posts are from a few years ago so I don't know if its still the case, but you might want to check out their own pizza area to see what sauces/dips they might have.

I hate pizza pizza too. I just get their dip. I prefer their dip over Pizza Hut or Dominos.

So in States none of these guys sell dipping sauce? wow

Man, I'm Canadian and I only use dipping sauce on crust or garlic bread...what's the point of the pizza sauce and toppings if you're going to coat it anyway?

Sorry, you're on your own, OP.

bionic77

We don't have these problems in the North East.

Rest of america step your damn game up.

The only thing I condone on Pizza is the red pepper flakes.

3N16MA

Banned
The root of the problem is that you're eating Pizza Pizza. You need the dip to try and mask their horrible pizza.

Eat better pizza.

KorrZ

I mean, I like to eat my pizza with hot sauce if available but it's 100% not required for a good pizza.

There is a reason Pizza Pizza is cheap.

vivftp

man, those are pretty expensive given how much of the sauce you actually get. Couldn't you just buy the various dips from supermarkets?

i looked online and sobeys might sell them.. or something similar. Although, I should point out that the posts are from a few years ago so I don't know if its still the case, but you might want to check out their own pizza area to see what sauces/dips they might have.

Buying them from Sobeys is no cheaper, iirc.
My general rule of thumb is 1 dipping sauce to 4 or 5 slices of pizza. So it usually doesn't add much to the cost for me.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
As an American who moved to Canada a few years ago I can confirm that Canadian chain pizza is garbage. I just get frozen pizza now and it's 90% as good for less than half the cost.

I usually ask them if they could put the marinara dipping sauce under the cheese before they cook it. I've never been turned down once.

jstripes

Banned
As an American who moved to Canada a few years ago I can confirm that Canadian chain pizza is garbage. I just get frozen pizza now and it's 90% as good for less than half the cost.

Pizzaiolo is a small but growing Toronto-based chain, and it's fairly decent. The quality isn't as good as it used to be due to the expansion, but it's still leagues ahead of the national and regional chains.

nasax

Only time you need dipping sauce is when the crust is like 3/4 of the slice and all you’re basically stuck is with a breadstick I guess.

And dipping sauces are common here in the US at fast food franchise pizza places.

Consumer

I just don't get it how. Just this morning, I threw away 2 slice of left over pizza because I had no dip. I just can't get myself eat pizza without that delicious Creamy Garlic or Chedder Jalapeno.

Pizza Pizza has the best dip

This thread feels as if it was specifically designed to mock me

I order Pizza Pizza at least once a week and I always get 1 garlic + 1 cheddar jalapeno so I can enjoy the leftovers the next day. This week I lost the dip & threw out other half of the pizza lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dipping sauce for Pizza?

What in the actual fuck. Dip it in milk like a cookie while you're at it.

SilentMike03

Neo Member
Back in high school on days we had pizza for lunch in the cafeteria, I saw a bunch of kids eating their pizza using ranch as a dip. It blew my fucking mind. It never occurred to me that you would dip pizza in anything, because pizza is delicious by itself. It still baffles me to this day.

I can understand dipping the crust after you've eaten the slice......but are you dipping the whole slice into sauces? Yeesh, why?

This. I'm pretty sure the intent of the dip was to help eat the crust.

It's like leaving the salad dressings out for people to help themselves and some start to pour it over their entire plate. Gross.

Personally, I don't eat veggies with dip. l like sour cream on some food and horseradish with my roast.

It's like leaving the salad dressings out for people to help themselves and some start to pour it over their entire plate. Gross.

How else would you toss the salad, if you don't pour the dressing? That's what salad dressing is for. It's only held off until serving to prevent the salad getting soggy.

Is your pizza really so bad that you need to mask its flavor with shitty dip sauce? This is the first time I'm hearing of this, what the fuck.

Didn't even know that dipping sauce for pizza was a thing until I moved to the UK and had dominos. Don't see the point when it basically overwhelmed the flavour of whatever pizza you were eating.

AlexBasch

Why. Do. People. Lose. Their. Minds. Over. The. Smallest. Thing.

How do you even go through ife with the many ways of doing things around? It must be a nightmare.
Making a big fucking deal out of any small grievance should be NeoGAF motto, for real.

Like dipping sauce in pizza, before any smart guy tries to spin my words.

Fou-Lu

The dipping sauces are so strong you might as well just be eating the dip, what's the point of getting pizza? Other than that, I agree with everyone else that guesses the pizza you are getting sucks. Like, I wouldn't even eat chain pizza with dip, it would still be much better.

Top Bottom