• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

REMEMBER CITADEL
Banned
(03-03-2012, 06:44 PM)
REMEMBER CITADEL's Avatar

Originally Posted by S1kkZ

30 days? so we wont see anything on monday? that sucks.

That doesn't look legit to me. Amateurish design, too.
G Rom
Member
(03-03-2012, 06:47 PM)
G Rom's Avatar
Yeah this website smells fake. Cheap design, no Playground Games logo, weird domain registration information (Microsoft is clearly shown in FM.net registration)...
saladine1
Junior Member
(03-03-2012, 06:47 PM)
saladine1's Avatar
So this is one of the "two big pieces of news" regarding Forza. I wonder what the other announcement will be...

Originally Posted by G Rom

Yeah this website smells fake. Cheap design, no Playground Games logo, weird domain registration information (Microsoft is clearly shown in FM.net registration)...

That link was provided by Turn 10 themselves....
Djrds
Junior Member
(03-03-2012, 06:55 PM)
Djrds's Avatar

Originally Posted by REMEMBER CITADEL

That doesn't look legit to me. Amateurish design, too.

Well, I can tell you it is legit. Thing is, it has nothing to do with "Forza Horizon".
U n i o n 0015
Member
(03-03-2012, 06:56 PM)
U n i o n 0015's Avatar
I'm talking out my ass here, but what if this is just a Forza equivalent of Halo Waypoint? The website shows the logos for all the Forzas, plus community symbols.
derFeef
lil' bit tasty
(03-03-2012, 06:57 PM)
Looks more like some community thing for Forza, or maybe a mobile app, or something.

Originally Posted by U n i o n 0015

I'm talking out my ass here, but what if this is just a Forza equivalent of Halo Waypoint? The website shows the logos for all the Forzas, plus community symbols.

Exactly :)
Djrds
Junior Member
(03-03-2012, 06:58 PM)
Djrds's Avatar

Originally Posted by U n i o n 0015

I'm talking out my ass here, but what if this is just a Forza equivalent of Halo Waypoint? The website shows the logos for all the Forzas, plus community symbols.

Nope, it's not official. Think of it as a community related site made by the community.
saladine1
Junior Member
(03-03-2012, 07:02 PM)
saladine1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Djrds

Nope, it's not official. Think of it as a community related site made by the community.

Who are you stranger?
Djrds
Junior Member
(03-03-2012, 07:03 PM)
Djrds's Avatar

Originally Posted by saladine1

Who are you stranger?

I'm a stranger who is quite well informed about that, and I can guarantee it has nothing to do with that "Forza Horizon" stuff neither it is official.
As for "Forza Horizon" I know as much as any of you.
MorphBZH
Member
(03-03-2012, 07:09 PM)
MorphBZH's Avatar
In source code, we can find an url and a surname :
http://www.britishgrandtouringassociation.com and AJZero
On Google, it talks about british FM2 and FM3 championships.
Tiago Leite
Member
(03-03-2012, 07:17 PM)
Tiago Leite's Avatar
Has http://forzamotorsportworld.net/ the same objective as http://www.forzacentral.com ??
Convey information about Forza games?
Djrds
Junior Member
(03-03-2012, 07:22 PM)
Djrds's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tiago Leite

Has http://forzamotorsportworld.net/ the same objective as http://www.forzacentral.com ??
Convey information about Forza games?

I can't tell much, but it's a lot more than that. Just wait and see.
Sheikh
Banned
(03-03-2012, 07:24 PM)
Hopefully this one will sell atleast a million . I think this is the way to go for this forza franchise . rather than being a GT killer, which will never happen , be something totally unique and different so that people can take notice
G Rom
Member
(03-03-2012, 07:27 PM)
G Rom's Avatar

Originally Posted by saladine1

That link was provided by Turn 10 themselves....

Wait, I just checked, I assume you're talking about the moderator post over at FM.net. I'm pretty sure the moderators aren't necessarily from Turn 10 over there.

Either way, the teaser design still look very cheap, like a decade old cheap, compared to the current official FM website... :-/


Edit :

Originally Posted by Sheikh

Hopefully this one will sell atleast a million . I think this is the way to go for this forza franchise . rather than being a GT killer, which will never happen , be something totally unique and different so that people can take notice

All Forza games have sold multi millions copies...
Forza 4 is almost at 2M on the leaderboards so between 2.5M and 3M sold would be a good estimate IMO.
It's clearly not on the same level of sales compared to the beast that GT is though.
S1kkZ
Member
(03-03-2012, 07:28 PM)
S1kkZ's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sheikh

Hopefully this one will sell atleast a million . I think this is the way to go for this forza franchise . rather than being a GT killer, which will never happen , be something totally unique and different so that people can take notice

in terms of quality, forza already is a gt killer (in my opinion). in terms of sales, well its getting better. i think f4 sold 2 million units(?).
Tiago Leite
Member
(03-03-2012, 07:29 PM)
Tiago Leite's Avatar

Originally Posted by Djrds

I can't tell much, but it's a lot more than that. Just wait and see.

Ok Djrds. April 4, we will see... I hope. :)
EagleEyes
Member
(03-03-2012, 07:32 PM)
EagleEyes's Avatar

Originally Posted by AgentP

Good to see MS trying new things, exploring new IPs and genres.

Nice. You make it sound like Microsoft is the only one doing this. lol
amar212
Member
(03-03-2012, 07:32 PM)
amar212's Avatar

Originally Posted by S1kkZ

..in terms of sales, well its getting better. i think f4 sold 2 million units(?).

Unfortunately sales are not getting better, quite the opposite.. despite FM4 being the best game in the series IMO. But lets not turn this into sales thread, numbers will certainly turn the discussion into wrong direction.

Can't wait to learn more about Horizon. I've just spend an hour browsing through garages in the first TDU for nostalgia reasons and damn would like to see something like that ASAP.
Djrds
Junior Member
(03-03-2012, 07:32 PM)
Djrds's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sheikh

Hopefully this one will sell atleast a million . I think this is the way to go for this forza franchise . rather than being a GT killer, which will never happen , be something totally unique and different so that people can take notice

GT killer? Eh? Last time I checked they both were exclusives. And I think Forza has its own uniqueness to be more than a GT wannabe.
drugstore_cowboy
Member
(03-03-2012, 07:45 PM)
drugstore_cowboy's Avatar
Is the first panning shot a glimpse of the engine? it doesn't look like real life.
enzo_gt
tagged by Blackace
(03-03-2012, 07:46 PM)
enzo_gt's Avatar

Originally Posted by drugstore_cowboy

Is the first panning shot a glimpse of the engine? it doesn't look like real life.

Likely not considering the rest of the video is IRL.

If anything, CG.
LQX
Remember, he is Canadian.
(03-03-2012, 07:51 PM)
LQX's Avatar
If this is arcadey I might bite. I just want something new. I invested so much into time into Forza 3 but after 4 I got so disinterested as it felt like a update more than anything. Just could not get myself to invest the same amount of time.
derFeef
lil' bit tasty
(03-03-2012, 07:54 PM)
I hope they have more on monday than this tone trailer, but I doubt it.
JWong
Banned
(03-03-2012, 07:59 PM)
JWong's Avatar
Hope that this is going toward a new direction because this teaser shows they still don't get simulation car racing.
eso76
(03-03-2012, 08:00 PM)
eso76's Avatar

Originally Posted by amar212

Unfortunately sales are not getting better, quite the opposite.. .

close to 3M for fm4 is great, but i remember reading somewhere that FM3 sold nearly 5M copies...
unfair, since fm4 is much better in (almost...Long positano...) every way.

I hope they don't go NFS, using Forza name for every title involving cars or racing and i hope Horizon really is more like a FM4 expansion, offering a different playground and mechanics for the same cars, physics and core features as the main game.
Djrds
Junior Member
(03-03-2012, 08:07 PM)
Djrds's Avatar
Honestly, I don't think it'll have such a "strong" simulation component as other Forzas had. Probably it'll be an in-between like PGR.
As for the engine, I don't think Playground's developing in the existing one developed by Turn 10.
And this, assuming this "Forza Horizon" thing is legit, that is.
acm2000
(03-03-2012, 08:07 PM)
All over my face!
S1kkZ
Member
(03-03-2012, 08:08 PM)
S1kkZ's Avatar

Originally Posted by eso76

close to 3M for fm4 is great, but i remember reading somewhere that FM3 sold nearly 5M copies...
unfair, since fm4 is much better in (almost...Long positano...) every way.

I hope they don't go NFS, using Forza name for every title involving cars or racing and i hope Horizon really is more like a FM4 expansion, offering a different playground and mechanics for the same cars, physics and core features as the main game.

well, f3 is out for over 2 years now and was in many 360 bundles.
REMEMBER CITADEL
Banned
(03-03-2012, 08:09 PM)
REMEMBER CITADEL's Avatar

Originally Posted by eso76

close to 3M for fm4 is great, but i remember reading somewhere that FM3 sold nearly 5M copies...

Yes, but FM4 is still yet to be bundled and possibly re-released the way FM3 was. The series is certainly not GT in terms of sales (not that it doesn't deserve to be), but it seems to be doing just fine.
Wax Free Vanilla
Member
(03-03-2012, 08:10 PM)
Wax Free Vanilla's Avatar

Originally Posted by saladine1

So this is one of the "two big pieces of news" regarding Forza. I wonder what the other announcement will be...


PC release.
op_ivy
Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
(03-03-2012, 08:13 PM)
op_ivy's Avatar
so, turn 10's 2 bits of news were forzaworld.net, which seems to be a bit like halo's waypoint (?), and forza horizon, potentially an open world racer. cool. hope we hear more on both soon. monday for horizon would be nice, even if its just a press release and an interview or two. not sure i expect in game media just yet
Metalmurphy
Banned
(03-03-2012, 08:22 PM)
Metalmurphy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wax Free Vanilla

PC release.


REMEMBER CITADEL
Banned
(03-03-2012, 08:25 PM)
REMEMBER CITADEL's Avatar

Originally Posted by op_ivy

so, turn 10's 2 bits of news were forzaworld.net, which seems to be a bit like halo's waypoint (?), and forza horizon, potentially an open world racer.

forzamotorsportworld.net is apparently a fan-made community, not an official Microsoft/Turn 10 website. Did you not read the last page?
op_ivy
Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
(03-03-2012, 08:27 PM)
op_ivy's Avatar

Originally Posted by REMEMBER CITADEL

forzamotorsportworld.net is apparently a fan-made community, not an official Microsoft/Turn 10 website. Did you not read the last page?

i missed, or misread, one post. the fact that its unofficial doesnt necessarily mean its not one of the 2 bits of news that turn 10 has said to hear about soon though...
PjotrStroganov
Member
(03-03-2012, 08:28 PM)
PjotrStroganov's Avatar
I'd love an open world sim racer.

And please, let them use Forza assets!
wonderland
Member
(03-03-2012, 08:28 PM)
wonderland's Avatar
chemical brothers + forza = fuck yeah
drugstore_cowboy
Member
(03-03-2012, 08:31 PM)
drugstore_cowboy's Avatar

Originally Posted by enzo_gt

Likely not considering the rest of the video is IRL.

If anything, CG.

You are probably right, I was just thinking back to the debut trailer for F4 (Le Mans at night and so on) which threw in a little of the Ford GT.

The density of the bushes looks too high but the frame rate, colour, mountain and sky do look like a game.
U n i o n 0015
Member
(03-03-2012, 08:33 PM)
U n i o n 0015's Avatar

Originally Posted by Djrds

Nope, it's not official. Think of it as a community related site made by the community.

Woooord. All these teases of teases and embargos of embargos...just tell us already! :D
Criminal Upper
Banned
(03-03-2012, 08:35 PM)
Criminal Upper's Avatar
Would love an arcade racer. Bored to tears by sims.
Phonomezer
Banned
(03-03-2012, 08:37 PM)
Phonomezer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Criminal Upper

Would love an arcade racer. Bored to tears by sims.

Same here.
op_ivy
Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
(03-03-2012, 08:45 PM)
op_ivy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Criminal Upper

Would love an arcade racer. Bored to tears by sims.

i'm sure it will be, no sense at all in making another sim game. i just hope its more pgr then burnout/nfs
Djrds
Junior Member
(03-03-2012, 09:07 PM)
Djrds's Avatar

Originally Posted by U n i o n 0015

Woooord. All these teases of teases and embargos of embargos...just tell us already! :D

I don't have much more to tell, really. I'm not involved in the project in any way whatsoever. I just happen to know some info about it.
Anyway, as I told already, that site has nothing to do with "Horizon" neither it is officially bound to either Turn 10 or Microsoft. Just because it was posted by a Turn 10 mod it doesn't mean anything.
Spitz
Member
(03-03-2012, 09:11 PM)
Spitz's Avatar
The Video shows Porsche Cars it must be Fake. I hope that Playground is making a Game für MS but i hope it is a new PGR.
Gouda Jouji
Member
(03-03-2012, 09:16 PM)
Gouda Jouji's Avatar

Originally Posted by Spitz

The Video shows Porsche Cars it must be Fake. I hope that Playground is making a Game für MS but i hope it is a new PGR.

I wouldn't take what you see in the trailer at face value, it's just stock footage. Since it's called a "tone" trailer, I assume that's what they are trying to convey.
saladine1
Junior Member
(03-03-2012, 09:18 PM)
saladine1's Avatar
ok so that website has nothing to do with horizon.

What i'd like to know is who leaked the trailer?
S1kkZ
Member
(03-03-2012, 09:21 PM)
S1kkZ's Avatar

Originally Posted by saladine1

ok so that website has nothing to do with horizon.

What i'd like to know is who leaked the trailer?

i bet all the gaming websites that were at the event already have all the trailers, gameplay videos and so on. they are just waiting for the embargo to drop.
Spitz
Member
(03-03-2012, 09:22 PM)
Spitz's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gouda Jouji

I wouldn't take what you see in the trailer at face value, it's just stock footage. Since it's called a "tone" trailer, I assume that's what they are trying to convey.

That would be a big cocktease for the Forza Community.
op_ivy
Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
(03-03-2012, 09:25 PM)
op_ivy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Spitz

That would be a big cocktease for the Forza Community.

you must have missed the similar trailer for fm4 with night racing and rally clips in it :P
saladine1
Junior Member
(03-03-2012, 09:26 PM)
saladine1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Spitz

That would be a big cocktease for the Forza Community.

Nothing new really. They did the same thing with the FM4 'live action trailer' that showed dirt and snakes and shit and we didn't get any of that.

Beaten!
Spitz
Member
(03-03-2012, 09:26 PM)
Spitz's Avatar

Originally Posted by op_ivy

you must have missed the similar trailer for fm4 with night racing and rally clips in it :P

Yes you are right i totally forgot that.

Thread Tools