• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

image.php
Aayye.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Was this shot ever used in the movie?
e9iVOKq.jpg

There's a VERY similar shot but the position isn't the same and you never see the planet as much as you do in that one, it's mostly focused on the Death Star.

[edit]

I guess I remembered the shot from the movie differently but it's still not the same one.
LKUii1T.jpg

Sayers

Seems like 80% of the scenes in the trailers were not in that movie. Including that amazing shot of them running towards those AT-ATs.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
They're actually the same shot.

M2vXP44.png
Trailer
04ucvml.png
Final film

Would be interesting to hear the reasoning for why the trailer shot was good enough.

If I had to guess is maybe because it was too busy and the DS looked closer to Jedha.

Both versions are gorgeous but I think I like the trailer one a bit more.

We need a Sloane figure as well. I'm surprised she wasn't nominated. She's featured heavily in the new canon and has definitely been one of my favourite new characters.

magawolaz

Why isn't there a good HD video of the Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan/Maul fight on YouTube?

One video has the wrong aspect ratio, another is in 360p with missing pieces, another has a weird frame interpolation issue, another has rock music at the beginning, another has double letterboxing...

Jesus Christ.

Surfinn

Is it ever discussed how death stars are built, watching ROTJ now and it doesn't seem like anyone is working on the unfinished sections, unless it's from the inside out?

Love this film

Thank you. It's missing a few bits here and there sadly (I wonder if they do it to prevent copyright strikes?). But I admit I didn't even think about searching for compilation videos, I'll do some more digging.
If I recall correctly, Sony Music is notorious for throwing copyright strikes at certain Star Wars songs. Could be that.

CS_Dan

Is it ever discussed how death stars are built, watching ROTJ now and it doesn't seem like anyone is working on the unfinished sections, unless it's from the inside out?

Love this film
If you're interested enough to warrant reading a book, you should check out Catalyst.

Ezalc

Only thing to ever do a Grievous that is actually intimidating and awesome. Then they turned him into a goddamn coward. Still pissed that it's now considered non-cannon given how good it is.

They fucked up bad with what happened to grievous after.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Rewatching Clone Wars 2003 and it's so good.
nHMZtWCO1jKLK.gif

Genndy Tartakovsky is the man.

I rewatched few weeks ago and still holds really well. And it's a shame it isn part of the canon, i don't think anything in it contradicts the new canon or the CG Clone Wars show except maybe Windu using Force crush on Grievous.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
The Force Awakens was an 8 for me my first go-around. It became a 9 in encores. I have had the opposite reaction as all these folks who decided it was lesser the more they reviewed it.

Teggy

There are a few other little details but the only big thing is that, Grievous' cough.

I have a friend who is an honest to goodness SW super fan but he still doesn't get my frustration over Grievous' cough never being explained in the CW series after it was so purposefully pointed out in the original cartoon :)

Top Bottom