• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |OT3| "That sounds like the GameTrailers guy!"

WarRock

Damiani does all that layout stuff on the group streams. If you're in chat when it's live, you can point it out to him, but each week is typically a different layout based on the game.
Ah, I rarely get it live and thought it was added for youtube, sorry =)

Fou-Lu

During the GoT Huber Syndrome
what other TV series was Ian worried about spoiling when he brought up having the White Walkers dealt with by episode 2?

ST2K

I think the only thing I disagreed with (aside from Brad's director pick) was Ian saying there's
no plan and life is meaningless. I completely disagree. If anything, I'd say that's Walking Dead, not Game of Thrones, and is something a lot of fans completely misunderstand (including Telltale, who produced that awful GoT game). Game of Thrones may have a lot of character deaths and messed up stuff happening but there's always been certain characters, like Jon and Dany, who were clearly going to play major roles in the end game. So I've always felt there was an end goal in mind (at least with GRRM, I'm not sure about D&D) and everything before that was GRRM moving the chess pieces around the board to get to that goal.

I would say early GoT definitely seemed to enforce that message. However, with this past season you're seeing the legacy of good people and how they actually did shape the future in spite of their ignoble deaths. Jon actually can retain his honor and still come out the victor. Dany will do her damndest to break the wheel. Freys and Littlefingers get their justice eventually. If anything, it seems to be endorsing the idea that just because things appear to have failed and things appear at their darkest and most meaningless, there's still hope.

Catching up on Kyle's fun game Monday stream and at the 1:30is mark Kyle used all his willpower to prevent him doing an on camera spit take. It was awesome

farisr

Best of Easy Allies - 2017-29 - Part 2 - Right Now

Hi everyone, today happens to be the 6 month anniversary of these Best of Easy Allies videos. Sorry to say, unfortunately, I don't have good news to share on this occasion.

Due to certain circumstances I will not be able to continue to release these videos on a regular basis anymore. I did everything I could and tried to seek out ways that would've maybe allowed me to continue these vids the way I have been doing them so far, but those didn't pan out.

I will still continue to work on these to the best of my ability, but can't make any promises as to what kind of schedule they will release on. All I can say is, expect the frequency of these videos to definitely be noticeably slowed.

Sorry once again everyone.

Mikey Jr.

Hi everyone, today happens to be the 6 month anniversary of these Best of Easy Allies videos. Sorry to say, unfortunately, I don't have good news to share on this occasion.

Due to certain circumstances I will not be able to continue to release these videos on a regular basis anymore. I did everything I could and tried to seek out ways that would've maybe allowed me to continue these vids the way I have been doing them so far, but those didn't pan out.

I will still continue to work on these to the best of my ability, but can't make any promises as to what kind of schedule they will release on. All I can say is, expect the frequency of these videos to definitely be noticeably slowed.

Damn.

Caught up on so mauch stuff cause your vids.

Thank you.

o7

uocooper

Nooooooooo! I've been going through the best of videos after discovering them recently and am about half way through. It's made me realize how much great stuff I'm just not able to see in any given week. I know they must take up a huge amount of your time and can't be easy to do but I thank you for all the hard work you've put into making these.

Mista Koo

Not that it's a bad thing but HS is the least evolved/developed show to me. It's literally "What does Huber feel like talking about this week?". Sometimes he can think of a game mechanic to talk about, sometimes it's talking about a movie he saw. It's pretty much just "Here's your 10-20 minutes with Huber".

Again, not necessarily a bad thing.
You can say the exact same thing about Easy Update.

Hasney

Ian and Kyle made it to Seattle.

Well, the plane hasn't landed yet it doesn't sound like on Ians Twitter, but they're physically there.

dickroach

i dont wanna overstep, but...

20,000 game sleuth

30,000 retros

40- the things that have actually been happening

maybe re-do the tiers
l&r

i know the souls retro is coming

Sucks to hear but it's understandable. It can't have been a simple task going through all the shows and streams, picking out the best moments and then editing them all together each week.

i dont wanna overstep, but...

20,000 game sleuth

30,000 retros

40- the things that have actually been happening

maybe re-do the tiers
l&r

i know the souls retro is coming

Does it really matter? They do far more than they have listed in their tiers anyway.

dickroach

Sucks to hear but it's understandable. It can't have been a simple task going through all the shows and streams, picking out the best moments and then editing them all together each week.

Does it really matter? They do far more than they have listed in their tiers anyway.

k
the tiers are monthly goals.

if we get to X we'll do "SHOW3" every week, but... we've been a Z for a year and we've gotten a very small amount of show2s. the tiers could use re-structuring.

k
the tiers are monthly goals.

if we get to X we'll do "SHOW3" every week, but... we've been a Z for a year and we've gotten a very small amount of show2s. the tiers could use re-structuring.

Since we dropped back below $45K, we put Trailer Jones on hold which isn't a big deal since it's a weekly show with a day's turnaround. We've been working on the Retrospective since December, and the culmination of all that work - the full "season" - is going to be released within the span of a few weeks. It wouldn't make sense for us to put it on a tier where it's funding seems precarious, meeting that goal one month and not the next.

Sorry to hear that. Thanks for all the great videos, they've been a pleasure to watch.

dickroach

Since we dropped back below $45K, we put Trailer Jones on hold which isn't a big deal since it's a weekly show with a day's turnaround. We've been working on the Retrospective since December, and the culmination of all that work - the full "season" - is going to be released within the span of a few weeks. It wouldn't make sense for us to put it on a tier where it's funding seems precarious, meeting that goal one month and not the next.

but, hypothetically, if the patreon dropped down to 20k the last few months, would yall have quit production on the retrospective? i know it didn't happen so it's irrelevant, but still...
i just think it's weird to have a monthly incentive for a show/series/whatever that comes out every 8-10-12 months :\
and is game sleuth still happening?

Your videos are wonderful and my life has been better for them. I genuinely appreciate all the hard work you do!

Budi

Sorry to hear that, you are doing great work and I thank you for it.

Nasbin

This year has been so crazy, it's a bit depressing to look back on some of the games that got buried in the avalanche.

Nex Machina is incredible; Housemarque made a game even better than Resogun and yet it doesn't seem to have registered in the zeitgeist. I hope it gets put on Plus in the next couple years so at least it will receive its due recognition.

Servbot24

Banned
Agreed on Nex Machina.

Keep in mind with the Retro that Brad has to play and record 100s of hours of those games, write them, edit them, VO, etc. That's a ton of work. Plus whatever other things pop up in his schedule like podcasts, easy living and so on. So the time frame we're seeing is quite reasonable IMO.

Lexad

Just ran into Kyle and Ian at pax. They were busy recording what looked like an easy update but got a chance to flash a quick love and respect and that I would see them at their panel tomorrow

but, hypothetically, if the patreon dropped down to 20k the last few months, would yall have quit production on the retrospective? i know it didn't happen so it's irrelevant, but still...
i just think it's weird to have a monthly incentive for a show/series/whatever that comes out every 8-10-12 months :\
and is game sleuth still happening?

I mean we're working within the system we have. Any TV show works year round, but only airs for a set number of weeks out of the year. Something like Planet Earth takes years of production for a run of like 6 episodes.

And yes, if we dropped below $20K, retrospectives probably would be put on hold, if for no other reason that more of us would have to start working other jobs to pay the bills. We'd likely finish any that had been started, and simply not start the next one until we regained that tier.

Bahorel

Lets hope it doesn't come to that. Hopefully there will be more ways to grow the EZA audience and patronage.

I kind of do agree with someone's comment earlier who said maybe making the main podcast have thumbnails relating to the topic (like Frame Trap) could help get more watchers.

Also giving the dollar challenge again might help get new patrons too!

I GREATLY appreciate your efforts and I've watched every single one of them. Real bummed to hear this news, but THANK YOU for all the incredible work you've done so far.

farisr

Thanks for all the replies guys, means a lot.

Also,haven't watched it yet but I have a feeling this easy update is going to be one of my favorite ones

Edit: I was right

I don't know why but Kyle's Yakuza Online description and his movements on the podcast just absolutely destroyed me.

If Yakuza Online isn't 100 tough guys strutting down the street together im going to be disappointed.

Ha, all of Huber's jokes
were from Ellie's joke book in The Last Of Us

How did I not catch that?

The crazy part of that segment was that
Kyle ended up being the weak link of that duo, not Huber, and it was all because of his own joke. What a swerve.

Man, I'm looking at Swery's Fig campaign and it's insanely depressing. I want it to succeed so much but the goal is so ridiculously high, the pricing is so absurd ($64 for a PS4 copy) and the rewards so poorly explained (no mention of the PS4 version being an extra cost until you actually try to pledge) that I just can't support it. Now I know how Kyle felt when the Rap Rabbit Kickstarter fell flat.

ArjanN

Just got around to listening to the Q&A for August, couple of things:

everyone would clearly use the Hyperbolic Time Chamber as much as you possible can, for any amount of money. It's just literally buying more time, which is the one thing you can't never get more of in real life. The only downside is the disconnect you'd have with the people on the outside, as the way you experience reality would be totally different from them.

Secondly, I was surprised to learn all their opinions on The Darkness are bad.

Budi

That Easy Update was great. I started tearing up during the
Vin Diesel joke
tommyleejones.gif

Fun episode! That Labyrinth Masquerade was fascinating too.

Dmax3901

Loved your vids, will miss them. Great work.

Philippo

Huge hit for me, as i recently started my first big, full time job that drains me of all the time i had to watch EZA content.

That said, you did an amazing job that they too recognized, so hats off to you sir.

N° 2048

<3

Top Bottom