• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

Nabs

I select the character name, screen does a very light flash (almost unnoticeable), but nothing happens.

Running on Windows 7 Premium 64-bit, i7, 16GB of ram,

Yeah, the flash is similar to the one when you switch from regular fullscreen to borderless windowed.

Nyoro SF

Nope, not sure what's up there - we're using Fullscreen 1080p at Anime Expo right now, in fact.

I will restart my game and see if that helps.

Edit: Negatory. The option isn't there. It's not the biggest deal in the world right now, I can still test. But my taskbar is laughing at me lol

EDIT2: Please make the menus "roll over", in the future; so I can hit left and access the last option. That's a fan request :D

Beats

Man, Squigly sounds really cool. She's got some interesting moves too :eek:. I haven't been keeping up with Salty Cupcakes lately, so a lot of this is new to me.

Hmm, I can't move anything at all in the settings besides the button config and I have no idea why :/

Edit: Scratch that, make that menus in general.

Where is the configuration file stored? My controls got messed up something nice, and now I'm virtually incapable of navigating the menus.

Edit: Found it. My Documents\Skullgirls\Save Data

My stick was instantly recognized from the get go and I went to the control config and set my buttons without issue. Game was running quite well in fullscreen but I'd get slowdown during supers, switching to 2D backgrounds fixed that but I still get some slowdow during DHCs, outside of that the game runs perfectly well.

Tried out a couple online matches and got my first crash while doing the following :

While in Quick Match character select :
1. Picked 3 character team
2. Picked 2 of my 3 characters
3. Pressed Select in order to go back and change a color for a character
*crash*

Movelists are also not working for me.

~~~

To those wondering about the state of the online
1. Lobbies are not available yet
2. Quick Match is the only option to fight people online
3. You cannot rematch after fighting someone in quick match
4. Names are not displayed during online matches yet.
5. You cannot invite a friend to a match as of yet.

Beta etc etc, just letting people know.

~~~~

Having a TON of fun though. Squigly is by no means a pick up and play character though, tried using her without any lab time and it wasnt prety, a lot of flailing and attempting to airdash. :p

I haven't been keeping up with the week-to-week updates for the game but finished downloading my beta and just wanted to pop in and say thanks to Ravidrath and the rest of the team for all your hard work. I hope the PC release can blow the game up in a big way for you guys.

Nabs

The game runs at 60 with no problem while streaming at 720p/60fps (OBS). I bet it could handle 1080p. So good.

Now I need to learn how to play.

Are you fucking kidding me? Online even works flawlessly? Hat's off to you, Lab Zero.

Saturn Pad is working great. The game initially detected it as Player 2 and used the Keyboard as Player 1, but a trip to the tutorial sorted that out. I guess there's no hope of the framerate being unlocked to 120fps considering how the game works, right? Still, running smooth as butter here.

FSLink

Banned
H2zKFdT.jpg
Sweeeeeeet. It's running well on my computer. Getting the command list issue too. It comes up occasionally if I mash the shit out of it with my 360 stick.

Got a crash at the end of the credits, I'll e-mail the support e-mail.

Echoing the sensitive buttons thing when going between menus.

In Fullscreen mode (not Exclusive Fullscreen), Skullgirls still steals focus when I Alt-Tab to other windows.

Squigly combos are ridiculously easy. This one works on everyone

crLK crMK HK
*delay on lighter characters* jMK (to second stage) jHK (2-3 hits) Air QCF+MK
MK HK
jLK jMK jHK Air QCF+MK
LK MK HK
jLP jMK jHK Air QCF+MK
cMP HPx2 QCF+ MK
LP MP HPx2 -> Whatever you want, stance cancel into mixups, super, one of her special moves

Great meterless damage for sure.

Off of a Launcher you can jump, whiff divekick MK and cross someone up if you walk forward.

At any point in a combo you can stance cancel into grabs or divekick or lows or overheads

If you don't feel like using stance cancels then you can end a blockstring with QCF+LK which is fast and looks like you recover neutral to your opponent.

jHP is a great way to space out airdashers ...

Basically Squigly is a great character.

i guess ishould write a email bug report but i can't seem to get past the main menu except for the leaderboards and to exit the game. it just keeps flickering like it isn't progressing past the main menu state or something. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

i guess ishould write a email bug report but i can't seem to get past the main menu except for the leaderboards and to exit the game. it just keeps flickering like it isn't progressing past the main menu state or something. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Try deleting the save file (they should be in My Documents, Skullgirls).

Downloaded the beta and it works pretty well outside of the command list not showing up on the home screen or in training mode. I only tried training mode and it worked so I don't care about the rest right now.

My laptop:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2008029

Man, I think calculators can run this game.
Try this.

j.HP
st.MK, cr.HP,
j.MP, j.HP, j.HK,
cr.MK, c.HP
j.LP *delay* j.LK j.MP
-land -> rejump forward-
jMK jHP/jHK (restand)
st.MP, s.HPx2 LP Napalm Shot
st.LP st.MP f.HP Sniper
My head spun right off my neck after the *delay*. I did try to extend my previous combo and pulled out another 1k or so. My midscreen damage went from 5.1k to 6.9k and now 7.9k. It is a massive jump for me. Duos don't feel it as much as solos though.

New one I made:

j.HP
st.MK, cr.HP,
j.MP, j.HP, j.HK,
st.MK, cr.HP,
j.LP, j.MK, j.HK,
st.LK, st.MK, 2x st.HP, lp.Tear shot,
st.LP, st.MP, f.HP, sniper shot

Your combo is for another day. I'll practice it soon and see what I get. I think it is a bit complicated for me to make it my BnB like the one above. We shall see.
I haven't fully tested it yet but I've run it on this :

Windows 8.1 Preview
i7 ulv
Intel HD 4000
1080p TV plugged on HDMI
Game running windowed 720p

Running this game on SSD makes the loading times inexistant.
Dude, I'm running it on my $400 laptop from last year (with a 5400RPM HD) and load times are still nonexistent with everything maxed out. The only time I have to load is before a fight and it is a bit shorter than the PS3 version. This game has rock bottom requirements if it actually runs at 1080p with the HD 4000 haha.

People with SSDs probably don't realize that the game is actually picking and choosing where you want to go before you even decide. That is how fast the damn game is loading.
Squigly combos are ridiculously easy. This one works on everyone

crLK crMK HK
*delay on lighter characters* jMK (to second stage) jHK (2-3 hits) Air QCF+MK
MK HK
jLK jMK jHK Air QCF+MK
LK MK HK
jLP jMK jHK Air QCF+MK
cMP HPx2 QCF+ MK
LP MP HPx2 -> Whatever you want, stance cancel into mixups, super, one of her special moves

Great meterless damage for sure.

Off of a Launcher you can jump, whiff divekick MK and cross someone up if you walk forward.

At any point in a combo you can stance cancel into grabs or divekick or lows or overheads

If you don't feel like using stance cancels then you can end a blockstring with QCF+LK which is fast and looks like you recover neutral to your opponent.

jHP is a great way to space out airdashers ...

Basically Squigly is a great character.
I tried to do combos with her, but I'm stumped on how to end them or what the hell j.MP is for. I'll have to try her again later.

I love love love the dark poetry on her kk super (the name escapes me) btw.

Anyone got a better jump in combo for Squiggly? Mine is

jHK, air qcf+MK
sLK,sMK, sHK
jMK, jHK, air qcf+MK
sLK, sMK, sHK
jLP, jMK, jHK, air qcf+MK
sMP, sHPx2, qcf+MK into super/reset

Also, has anyone even been close to beating Squiggly's "story"?

alstein

Squiggly seems fun.

Had a few issues with online, but unsure if it's beta or the other person. (was high ping)

Load times non-existant.

As mentioned above, command lists not working.

Thores

So when the complete game launches, will it do so with Squigly's story mode already available? Or is that happening later?

Masaki_

I'm having trouble finding matches. Found one the whole night. After that, nothing. I know there's people playing the game, so this might be a network issue.

Top Bottom