• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls PC Beta Thread | Gettin' Squigly Wit It

Update for today:

General
- Enable Arcade Mode, now you can play against the CPU again. Not only that, you can finally fight CPU Squigly, who has AI from our original AI programmer even though he took another job long ago! Thanks, Mr. Amazing.
- Meridian Rooftops updated with NPCs (nice pigeon characters), reactions, etc. The beautiful gets beautiful-er.
- That's it, everyone else is busy with finishing up Lobbies.

Nice. I need to get some practice before going online.

Raxus

Lab Zero Games donated a key to NeoGAF Bingo night yesterday. Which doesn't help you very much, but was still very cool of them.

Big shout out to Lab Zero for this. When is the next Bingo Night? I have a game or two I can probably donate.

Nabs

New update:

- Fix save data startup crash. Hopefully. This also involves re-initializing everyone's savedata, so byebye settings. If it isn't fixed for you, try disabling Cloud savegames, delete your savedata/button config/video settings, and run the game. Then re-enable Cloud saving if that's your idea of fun. :^)
- Move "2D backgrounds" option to Video Options menu. Don't forget to Apply the options!
- Fix damage on Parasoul's Lv3. 6,000+ no thank you.
- Improve physical extent and hitbox on Valentine's Lv3, should combo in more DHC situations now.

Can't really check if it's actually the case cause of lack of Internet, but could you guys set 2D backgrounds as the default so players with lower powered machines don't think they can't run the game?

Salsa

bought a 4pack and still got 1 copy up for grabs $11.25

tumblr_inline_mk0vjwYGRy1qz4rgp.gif

Jintor

The best thing about arcade mode is that I can find robot people to play with ;___;

cannot wait until lobbies

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
The best thing about arcade mode is that I can find robot people to play with ;___;

cannot wait until lobbies

My friends and I have been setting our region to Africa and restricting matches to only those that share that region. We figure out if we're matched by our ping, but we usually get each other on the first search. It sucks to not have a rematch option, but it's better than not playing with friends at all.

Moaradin

Any good guides for Valentine/Cerebella? I'm trying to learn Valentine but she seems like a low dmg/big combo type of character.

I haven't started using two characters yet but Cerebella is the one I'm looking at.

Man even after seeing a fair bit of pre-release footage of this game and a stream or two I'm still really impressed finally seeing it in person (I picked up the PC version so I just installed the beta). The animation is much smoother than I expected, with how detailed the art was I was expecting fewer frames of animation and a bit of a jerkier look but it's dang smooth.

What's the go to info source on this game for character info / strats? Gotta figure out a team / main to start with, but with the 1,2,3 ratio system I feel like I need to do a bit of research about what my options are. Obviously it's a small cast so I'll start poking around myself, but if anyone has any suggestions about where to start for someone who likes characters with lower execution requirements, strong poking normals and a fairly straight forward game plan I'm open to any suggestions on where to start. I don't care about tiers at all (I'm going to suck regardless :) ), I just like characters where I can get into the mix competing with the least amount of time in the training room.

Jintor

I just realised Marie has super obvious pointing gestures before random-ass bullshit projectiles come flying in from offstage. I was trying to rely on her sound cues before.

Damnit. This could've been a lot easier for me.

Man even after seeing a fair bit of pre-release footage of this game and a stream or two I'm still really impressed finally seeing it in person (I picked up the PC version so I just installed the beta). The animation is much smoother than I expected, with how detailed the art was I was expecting fewer frames of animation and a bit of a jerkier look but it's dang smooth.

What's the go to info source on this game for character info / strats? Gotta figure out a team / main to start with, but with the 1,2,3 ratio system I feel like I need to do a bit of research about what my options are. Obviously it's a small cast so I'll start poking around myself, but if anyone has any suggestions about where to start for someone who likes characters with lower execution requirements, strong poking normals and a fairly straight forward game plan I'm open to any suggestions on where to start. I don't care about tiers at all (I'm going to suck regardless :) ), I just like characters where I can get into the mix competing with the least amount of time in the training room.

I'm having a lot of fun with Fortune and Valentine. Fillia is pretty decent but she's a little too slow for my liking.

Ravidrath

Because the game runs at 60, and most video sites only support 30.

omg_mjd

Just got the game today (thanks to Wilflare!) and really liking it so far. Played through Arcade mode and now working through the tutorials. I like how the skills being taught carry over to other 2D FGs as well.

My DS3 works well enough but I think I want to upgrade to an arcade stick just for this game.

For some reason I'm having an issue where it seems that the buttons are both confirm and cancel for me for both my arcade stick and keyboard. Every time I select something it seems to immediately back out except for exit game.

Anyone else having a similar issue?

EDIT: Deleting my button config settings did the trick

GamerJM

Banned
Someone gave me a free beta code, I've been playing a little bit here and there but I'm really impressed. The game is just really fluid and fun to play and the art style is beautiful in motion.

Lemstar

I've been asking around, but I haven't gotten an answer yet. Does GamersGate plan on carrying the 4-pack? I'd prefer to buy it there over Steam if only for the blue coins.
Still looking for an answer to this from one of you Lab Zero guys.

This was my response back from GamersGate:
Unfortunately, i dont have any information on this ...yet. But i will submit your request to our product managers and they will see if it is possible to get the packs offered through us as well. We started the beta recently, so as the release is confirmed i hope the packs will follow, i am most positive about it.

Hopefully you guys can make it happen!

El Sloth

Banned
Unfortunately, the best place for this info, the Skullgirls forum, was entirely wiped out through some unforseen accident. Now everything is scattered all over the place. You can try asking for advice in the Skullgirls OT here, the SRK forums and wiki (beware outdated pre-patch information), the Dust Loop forums, /r/Skullgirls on Reddit, or even the steam community hub for the game (stay away from the discussion area and just head straight to the guides. The forum is toxic at the moment).

Steaks

Online is so free :( Wish lobbies worked. Ranked is kitten kicking sadness.

Also I wish I could repro this bug, but I saw something happen where with Cerebella's grab super, her hands were on top of the person pushing them down onto the sword, they were like, disembodied or something. Super goofy looking, like a self tag team pushing the opponent down onto the sword.

Jintor

Unfortunately, the best place for this info, the Skullgirls forum, was entirely wiped out through some unforseen accident. Now everything is scattered all over the place. You can try asking for advice in the Skullgirls OT here, the SRK forums and wiki (beware outdated pre-patch information), the Dust Loop forums, /r/Skullgirls on Reddit, or even the steam community hub for the game (stay away from the discussion area and just head straight to the guides. The forum is toxic at the moment).

'swrong with the forums?

the real marvel 3 brah

labzero4lyfe

already managed to get every spot on the 4pack btw!
The game is growing a lot because of this. I wish we could do another crowd funding initiative a month after release, or that we could accelerate the development process somehow. I don't want to wait 6 months for Eliza. :-(

Lobbies are very close now.
Will lobbies be added into the Beta? Or do we have to wait until the release. I'm excited to no longer have to search for Dahbomb in the Europe (East). ;-)

Steaks

Been getting ghetto player matches in by having both myself and a friend set their region to Africa and us both searching at the same time.

Haha, awesome idea. I can wait like a few days though.

I played like 50 games today and didn't lose once. At least steam users don't ragequit...

Edit: If anyone wants for friend me on steam you can look for "final atomic filibuster" I haven't played in like a year (excepting those 50 games), so I'm pretty rusty.

Ravidrath

We need one final judge to help run the PC beta tournament.

All you need to do is monitor an e-mail address we give you, and log match results in a Challonge Bracket.

PM me if you're interested!

I'm looking at you, FSteaks.

Will lobbies be added into the Beta? Or do we have to wait until the release. I'm excited to no longer have to search for Dahbomb in the Europe (East). ;-)

Lobbies are pretty immensely complicated, so you better believe they'll be in the beta.

Like, right now we think they should be good to go in tomorrow.

Malajax

All you need to do is monitor an e-mail address we give you, and log match results in a Challonge Bracket.

Lobbies are pretty immensely complicated, so you better believe they'll be in the beta.

Yesss! Ready to go in with some other noobs. I'm terrible.

Steaks

I just entered the tourney, and I'm probably going to be working but I can squeeze my matches in. Would volunteer if I could. I doubt I'll make it out of pools if anyone good enters.

Edit: Oh, I didn't read. Just check an email addy? I can do that I guess. Sure, I'll PM you.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The game is growing a lot because of this. I wish we could do another crowd funding initiative a month after release, or that we could accelerate the development process somehow. I don't want to wait 6 months for Eliza. :-(

Karst lets play some tonight :D

If the time comes and you aren't able to find another volunteer, I'm fine with running two brackets.

My line of thought was "Lobbies are pretty immensely complicated, so maybe they won't be able to put it into the Beta" - haha.

Karst lets play some tonight :D
Tonight is very bad. I'll be up until 3am working.

Steaks

BTW, are there prizes or anything for winning? I haven't been following anything about the tournament, I just kinda signed up for fun.

Ravidrath

BTW, are there prizes or anything for winning? I haven't been following anything about the tournament, I just kinda signed up for fun.

Yeah, there will be prizes.

Working out the specifics still, but it'll be around $2000 in total prizes.

Steaks

Cool. I can't wait to fall one place short of winning anything, which I tend to do in real tournaments all the time.

BTW the game loads and runs wonderfully on my computer. The port is pretty excellent so far.

Top Bottom