• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iZombie Season 2 - Tuesdays 9/8c on The CW - Ready for Seconds?

anaron

zgMFZ0f.jpg

Created by Rob Thomas & Diane Ruggierio

Throughout the riveting first season of iZombie, television's only zom-dram-rom-com, Liv Moore (Rose McIver) learned to embrace her undead life and use her zombie powers for good. As an intrepid, zombified medical examiner, Liv ate the brains of the morgue cadavers and, under the guise of being a psychic, used her visions to assist Detective Clive Babinaux (Malcolm Goodwin) in solving murder cases. While Liv's boss and sole confidante, Dr. Ravi Chakrabarti (Rahul Kohli), worked on a cure for her unthinkable condition, Liv battled the evil, zombie-making, brain-dealing Blaine (David Anders) and struggled to protect her loved ones and all of Seattle from a potential zombie apocalypse. Standing directly and unwittingly in the path of the oncoming zombie train is Liv's ex-fiancee Major Lilywhite (Robert Buckley), whose life spiraled out of control when he began investigating forces beyond his understanding. In our final episodes of the debut season, those closest to Liv are thrust into mortal danger and Liv will be forced to make the ultimate sacrifice to save them. There will be heartbreaking consequences and as the dust settles we'll see that nothing in Liv's partially dead life will ever be the same.

In season two, Liv will face new and even more powerful enemies and old enemies in surprising new forms. Unlikely alliances will be struck, relationships will be challenged, and the line between good and evil will blur for both zombies and the fully living.

Based upon characters created by Chris Roberson and Michael Allred, and published by DC Entertainment's Vertigo imprint, iZOMBIE is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Spondoolie Productions and Warner Bros. Television.
http://cwtv.com/shows/izombie

SEASON 2 PROMO

Starring

Rose McIver as Olivia "Liv" Moore

VS7Fe7d.jpg

Rahul Kohli as Ravi Chakrabarti

MWdpuPr.jpg

Malcolm Goodwin as Clive Babinaux

X2kkh0f.jpg

Robert Buckley as Major Lilywhite

AlHDJKg.jpg

David Anders as Blaine DeBeers

mi5GhOS.jpg

RECURRING:

Aly Michalka as Peyton Charles
Molly Hagan as Eva Moore

REVIEWS -100% on Rotten Tomatoes

Forbes: "What’s intriguing, though, is the promise “Grumpy Old Liv” presents. In addition to being fun – which is the biggest thing that was lacking in the first season’s first half – the layers being added to the show’s mythology are ones that truly take Rob Thomas and Diane Ruggiero-Wright’s dramedy to the next level."

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, S2 is starting already? I'm excited to see what insane places the show goes after that S1 ending.

Mengetsu

Fuck yes! Suprise show of last season for me. The last two episodes of the season are still awesome to watch over again. I'm really picky with shows I watch but, this had me from the jump.

liquidtmd

Banned
It's very watchable fluff. I don't see any depth in it as such, but that's just me and thats not necessarily a bad thing.

Definitely in for the Second Season.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Glad to have this show back. The cast works really well together, and they've done a good job at making all the mains endearing. Major probably surprised me the most. Everything about him (even his name) screams that he'll be a complete Mary Sue, but he ended up being pretty badass.

Do yourselves a favor and check out their Twitters. The cast has been recreating scenes from their favorite badass women in cinema, some really fun stuff. Kill Bill and Sister Act clips have been the highlight for me so far.

(@imrosemciver): https://twitter.com/imrosemciver?s=09

GavinUK86

I thought the first season was pretty cringe worthy so hopefully they've improved season 2. Still disappointed they didn't stick to the comics.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I thought the first season was pretty cringe worthy so hopefully they've improved season 2. Still disappointed they didn't stick to the comics.

I'm definitely on the same page with you on how it started, but it found its footing around the time Liv confronted Blaine.

I like the comic, don't get me wrong, but I actually prefer every single change the show has made. Especially to make it a viable TV show. Sure, the show is ridiculous in its own way but way more grounded than the comic (no ghosts, etc)

Grizzlyjin

Nice OP. Back tomorrow or next week?

Tomorrow. And I think Season 1 gets added to Netflix fairly soon as well.

EDIT: Yep, per usual CW practice, Season 1 gets added to Netflix the same day as the premiere for the new season, October 6th.

anaron

Is it for sure that Aly Michalka will be back?
Yeah for at least one episode. They showed her filming a scene on twitter. It's also confirmed in this interview

EPs Rob Thomas and Diane Ruggiero-Wright tell THR they're planning out a 22-episode season despite only having a 13-episode order.

"I am betting on success!" Thomas tells The Hollywood Reporter. "If we only get 13 episodes, we are going to be in big trouble. I'm structuring this season like we're doing 22. If we don't get a back-nine order and end up only doing 13, it will just feel like the water cut off midstream. So we're putting a little extra spice on that 13th episode and hoping for the best. If not ... well, let's just say the fans would not be happy where we leave off."

Ruggiero-Wright said it was never an option to plan for a straight 13 for season two.

"Episode nine is our episode before we go on our six-week break for Christmas," she tells THR. "That's our midseason finale and it's a pretty big episode, and then 13 will also be a big episode. But we're breaking for 22 episodes since we're cocky bastards. And I saved [Warner Bros. boss] Peter Roth and [The CW boss] Mark Pedowitz's lives more than once, so I feel pretty confident."

Will we see more of Peyton (Aly Michalka) this season now that she's clued in to Liv's secret?

Thomas: Most of what Peyton did in season one was bounce off the other characters. In season two, she is a bit more ingrained in the mythology. She has stories that are centered on her job and digging into Seattle's criminal hierarchy. We have some fun stuff for her planned. She's probably in about half the episodes again in season two, so about the same as last year, but she has meatier stories this time.

Awesome. I don't watch a lot of TV but I really got in to this show. I've been anticipating it coming back.

Hopefully it doubles down on what it does well in season 2. There was a lot that worked in the first season but they were still finding their footing in getting the mysteries to work, Clive's whole character, and Liv taking on new personalities. But even with its weaknesses, Rob Thomas is always great at maintaining a tone you don't get anywhere else.

I wasn't expecting much from this back when it first premiered, but it quickly became one of the best shows on the CW. Looking forward to another fun season.

Why was I not subscribed to this new OT yet? I am now.

FFS the CW is stacked, shame so few actually watch the network though last year it was kind of going head to head with Fox and other "big" networks on certain nights.

-MD-

Yeah for at least one episode. They showed her filming a scene on twitter. It's also confirmed in this interview

EPs Rob Thomas and Diane Ruggiero-Wright tell THR they're planning out a 22-episode season despite only having a 13-episode order.

[/b]

Not a back nine order, but good news this early.

When we start talking about 18-22 episode seasons, this show could get stretched really thin really fast.

Hope they don't fuck it up.

Joni

Why was I not subscribed to this new OT yet? I am now.

FFS the CW is stacked, shame so few actually watch the network though last year it was kind of going head to head with Fox and other "big" networks on certain nights.
We can only hope they continue to grow. Beating FOX should be possible.

Walpurgis

Banned
I've been interested in this show and am considering watching it but I need to know if it has a story. I don't have a problem with a bit of procedural like in The Flash but I want an actual story (like The Flash).
We can only hope they continue to grow. Beating FOX should be possible.

Considering how Fox is mostly garbage and CW isn't, it shouldn't be long.

Kevin

I've been interested in this show and am considering watching it but I need to know if it has a story. I don't have a problem with a bit of procedural like in The Flash but I want an actual story (like The Flash).

There is a bit of a story. Starts out procedural but then you start to learn about these "zombies" and various other story elements. There is a main villain, etc. It's pretty well done in my opinion. A lot of fun!

El Topo

For the most part it's a procedural with a little bit of story. The last few episodes have a stronger focus on the overall plot though.

Grizzlyjin

It's a mixture of both. So you have a "Brain of the Week" case as the procedural element and then also some serial storylines going on as well. The last 4 or so episodes of the first season were pretty much dedicated to the serial storytelling.

If you've been watching Flash, it's basically the same setup.

Walpurgis

Banned
There is a bit of a story. Starts out procedural but then you start to learn about these "zombies" and various other story elements. There is a main villain, etc. It's pretty well done in my opinion. A lot of fun!

For the most part it's a procedural with a little bit of story. The last few episodes have a stronger focus on the overall plot though.

It's a mixture of both. So you have a "Brain of the Week" case as the procedural element and then also some serial storylines going on as well. The last 4 or so episodes of the first season were pretty much dedicated to the serial storytelling.

If you've been watching Flash, it's basically the same setup.

Thank you. I will give it a watch.

First season was so much fun. Back half of the season really picked up, and I'm really excited to see where it goes from there.

Rose McIver is too cute.

Sidenote: Fuck whoever decided to not release season 1 on Blu-Ray. No way I'm buying a DVD in this day and age.

Grizzlyjin

First season was so much fun. Back half of the season really picked up, and I'm really excited to see where it goes from there.

Rose McIver is too cute.

Sidenote: Fuck whoever decided to not release season 1 on Blu-Ray. No way I'm buying a DVD in this day and age.

I might still buy the DVD. But I'm leaning heavily towards just rewatching some episodes on Netflix and waiting for a BluRay release that might never happen. Lol. Flash and Arrow got Blu Ray and DVD releases, but they're bigger shows. The smaller CW programs like Reign only get DVD. :(

Pancho

Qurupancho
This show is so good for me. Watched it when it premiered out of curiosity and fell in love instantly. I'll probably rewatch the whole season on Netflix.

Top Bottom