• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

DevilDog

This community man

Everyone just reports you for anything. I got reported once for insta locking my hero.

I didn't insta lock.

And everyone is saying xD unironically.

zkylon

zkylewd
This community man

Everyone just reports you for anything. I got reported once for insta locking my hero.

I didn't insta lock.

thing about reports is, the underlying system is really advanced to the point you never get banned unless you deserve it, and even then it's using an escalating system so even if there's a mistake you don't get punished too harshly (unless you're cheating or whatever). and riot hand reviews tricky cases, even.

people don't give it enough credit cos they have negative bias and there's things to improve (you should be able to report people for a short period after you closed a game in case you forgot to report them in the lobby, and you should be able to report people after dodging), but it's a really great and mostly flawless system

so you shouldn't worry if people keep saying they'll report you for unfounded reasons, it's likely those people are really whiny and useless so the system is disregarding their reports.

unless you're a recurring offender you can rest easy, i've played the game for 5 years and haven't even gotten a warning and i've told people to fuck off from time to time and had 0 14 0 games and power outages and shit

rito knows if you're a good boy for 99% of your games, so don't worry about it

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
This community man

I didn't insta lock.

eKCtZFi.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
XlGlwSU.png

i love karthus, feels like a good counter to all these vaynes i'm seeing. game stretched a bit too long cos cait afk'd

finally a win after 7 losses in a row

Just lost my first tank teemo game. :(

I won lane but the rest of my team lost. Meh. Roll of the dice.

Promo coming up better lame it out with Nasus.

DevilDog

thing about reports is, the underlying system is really advanced to the point you never get banned unless you deserve it, and even then it's using an escalating system so even if there's a mistake you don't get punished too harshly (unless you're cheating or whatever). and riot hand reviews tricky cases, even.

people don't give it enough credit cos they have negative bias and there's things to improve (you should be able to report people for a short period after you closed a game in case you forgot to report them in the lobby, and you should be able to report people after dodging), but it's a really great and mostly flawless system

so you shouldn't worry if people keep saying they'll report you for unfounded reasons, it's likely those people are really whiny and useless so the system is disregarding their reports.

unless you're a recurring offender you can rest easy, i've played the game for 5 years and haven't even gotten a warning and i've told people to fuck off from time to time and had 0 14 0 games and power outages and shit

rito knows if you're a good boy for 99% of your games, so don't worry about it

I'm not afraid Ill get banned, I know I won't.

It's that people think they can use it to get me banned. When it's made to get people like them banned.
I don't understand the level of stupidity behind their logic.

Let them report you for whatever they feel like, it won't do a thing

Hell, of they try and get others to report you in all chat report them yourself since thats a bannable offense.
How are you supposed to get the Blazing Feathers icon again?
Play 2 games as Rakan or Xayah with the other one on your team

Let them report you for whatever they feel like, it won't do a thing

Hell, of they try and get others to report you in all chat report them yourself since thats a bannable offense.

Play 2 games as Rakan or Xayah with the other one on your team

This is why I reported teammates in my flex queue game yesterday :^) :^) :^)

Hit promos again to silver 3. The jungler in my game leading up to promos (on the enemy team) raged and started feeding our team. Feels good to win, but it also kind of feels bad for the enemy team. I have enough empathy to think 'shit what if that dude was on my team'.

This is why I reported teammates in my flex queue game yesterday :^) :^) :^)

Hit promos again to silver 3. The jungler in my game leading up to promos (on the enemy team) raged and started feeding our team. Feels good to win, but it also kind of feels bad for the enemy team. I have enough empathy to think 'shit what if that dude was on my team'.

As horrible as it may seem, in silver and gold there are going to be people like that. Your only option is to take advantage of that to get to the league that doesn't happen in. Or way less. :p

Oh yeah, if someone on the enemy team is feeding I don't surrender or anything. I still want to win. I'm just saying, I'll report the guy after the game is over because I don't want to end up with that player on my team.

JulianImp

Hey guys, I think I'm an idiot. I'm trying to see if this laptop would run league: https://m.costco.com/HP-15-ba113cl-Touchscreen-Laptop---AMD-A10.product.100336412.html

And can't seem to match it up with riots minimum specifications. Would love some help!

My 2014 macbook pro runs it fine, and it doesn't even have a dedicated graphics card, has only 8GBs of RAM and runs on an 2600mHz i5 processor.

Oh, I also realized that toaster mode has somehow been toggled off (or maybe it never saved the changes when I originally turned it on), so I'll probably be trying draft soon to see how it performs.

Tizoc

It has integrated graphics

Probably not

My brother has a laptop that has Integrated Intel HD Grpahics and it runs League of legends fine at Mid/Low settings.

Hey guys, I think I'm an idiot. I'm trying to see if this laptop would run league: https://m.costco.com/HP-15-ba113cl-Touchscreen-Laptop---AMD-A10.product.100336412.html

And can't seem to match it up with riots minimum specifications. Would love some help!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbCW6lttDCk
Well looking at this video, and assuming they are the same GFX card, I think you're fine.

Gurrry

Im a filthy casual at this game, but im trying to learn how to jungle with sejuani.

Im just curious if theres a video or something I can watch to help me not lose so much life when im killing camps early on. I usually go for red buff, then ill go do that group of birds by mid lane. After that, im usually at like 25% HP.

What can I do so that I dont get hit as much? I always see people moving around alot and not lost much HP, but when I do it, I still get hit. Any videos you guys got that can help or any general tips?

Calvero

Banned
my 7 year old mac "runs" league so you good

also who was the guy who kept saying ap sion worked, i'd like to file a formal complaint

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Im a filthy casual at this game, but im trying to learn how to jungle with sejuani.

Im just curious if theres a video or something I can watch to help me not lose so much life when im killing camps early on. I usually go for red buff, then ill go do that group of birds by mid lane. After that, im usually at like 25% HP.

What can I do so that I dont get hit as much? I always see people moving around alot and not lost much HP, but when I do it, I still get hit. Any videos you guys got that can help or any general tips?

raptors suck it's not just you

kiting camps takes a while to get used to but the idea is you move enough that the monster has to move to catch up to you and it can't attack you while moving, so you take less damage overall.

make sure you have some armor runes in your setup as you'll take significantly less damage on early clears with those.

IDK too much about sejuani but make sure to use the scuttle crabs and honeyfruit to heal up when you're running low as well

Gurrry

raptors suck it's not just you

kiting camps takes a while to get used to but the idea is you move enough that the monster has to move to catch up to you and it can't attack you while moving, so you take less damage overall.

make sure you have some armor runes in your setup as you'll take significantly less damage on early clears with those.

IDK too much about sejuani but make sure to use the scuttle crabs and honeyfruit to heal up when you're running low as well

that makes sense! thanks! i guess i just need to move farther away so that I can get in more hits before they hit me. Im still super new to jungling so any tips like this helps. Thanks!

23qwerty

I feel like getting a cheapo laptop with a touchscreen is a bad idea, a touchscreen is just gonna add to the cost where a same priced laptop without touchscreen is probably gonna have better specs.

I feel like getting a cheapo laptop with a touchscreen is a bad idea, a touchscreen is just gonna add to the cost where a same priced laptop without touchscreen is probably gonna have better specs.

This is pretty true. If you're getting the laptop for general schoolwork/officework (i.e. the windows office suite) and maybe light gaming as well, you'd probably be better off getting a laptop without a touch screen. It definitely adds to the cost for a feature you may not care about.

zkylon

zkylewd
Zky whats your ping to lan. Why don't you move there and we can be Challenger together as best friends
no idea, i only play on the one account i got here

you might be able to run it at 30 on low or something

game runs at locked 60 on my 2012 macbook pro and that's got an integrated video card too

league is probably pretty processor intensive more than gpu, so that might be an issue too

Gurrry

my 7 year old mac "runs" league so you good

also who was the guy who kept saying ap sion worked, i'd like to file a formal complaint

I tried installing league onto my girlfriends computer and it would never get past "applying patches". She has a brand new mac too so im not sure what the deal is.

drawkcaB

Well, the first thing is that the current Sejuani kinda sucks at initial clears and has a generally rough go of it until level 8 or so. It's not just you. The good news is the her rework makes her early clearing significantly better, so if you're set on Sejuani being you jungler of choice help is on the way.

Like others said, early on a jungler's ability to do the razorbeaks (the birds) is dependent on their kit and the numbers in that kit. For current Sejuani, doing razorbeaks on initial clear is not a good idea - try buff camp - wolves - buff camp and search for a gank.

(The new Sejuani can comfortably do razorbeaks after red buff, FYI)

Kiting a camp with a melee champion takes practice. It's also dependent on the champion's kit. Just use the practice tool to help you out. Kiting also depends on the camp as well.

Against the camps with a single large monster - red monster, blue monster, gromp (the giant frog) - the idea is to move after an auto-attack just enough so that you're no longer in the monster's range. The monster's attack animation will still go off and it will still cause damage, but the monster will have to move to get in range for the next attack. The small movement it needs to make causes a delay between its auto-attacks. Do it often enough, and it'll result in saving a few hits, which in the early game, and after several camps, can mean a decent difference. The other thing to keep in mind is whether your champion has a stun, knock-up, etc. Instead of using them immediately when available, early on you can use them to interrupt the monster's attack. Once you see the monster start its animation, use your interrupt (in Sejuani's case, her Q). Not only will it save the hit that had just started, but it also resets the monster's attack counter, so even after the stun, knock-up, etc. is done they won't immediately attack.

Against the camps with multiple monsters, kiting them is somewhat different. Instead of moving to make them delay attacks, you're moving in order to get them to block themselves. The easiest camp to see this in action is the krugs (the stone monsters). If you position yourself correctly, you can make one krug block the other by going back and forth (think playing tag with a friend and you're using a table between you to keep them away, the monster you're attacking being the table.

One thing to keep in mind is that kiting does somewhat slow down your damage output, so it does make clearing camps slower, but early on the health trade-off is worth it. As the game progresses and the camps start to deal less and less damage to you, it's better to just stand there an wail away to speed things up.

After all that, certain champs have tricks to help them clear with more health. For instance, on Trundle you want to use your smite and pots when in your W field since it increases healing. When using Gragas, just walk away when channeling W until it's ready. Almost all champion's have small quirks like this when jungling and you'll pick on them as you play them.

TheFlow

Banned
It's all right. I prefer her more colorful/happy looking skins, but it's good if you want a darker skin. Getting it as a skin shard is nice.

this. I like it, but her river/koi are more playful.

Also if anybody is down to play normals/flex feel free to invite me if you see me on.

drawkcaB

wow thanks for that write up draw! this is exactly what i needed!

Here's an older video that sort of demonstrates how to kite monsters.

It's an older video from season 6 when the camps were slightly different, but it still applies. He isn't kiting super well, though. As you can see, sometimes when he doesn't move back far enough and the blue buff monster doesn't move after it attacks, so that doesn't accomplish much. The 1:12 mark of the video is what you should be looking at. He hits blue buff, and backs off. As he backs off, blue buff lands a hit, and then moves. Notice how at 1:14 blue buff has stopped moving, but there's a slight delay before it starts its next auto-attack. That's the goal, right there. Get several of those delays and it amounts to saving a pair of auto-attacks while clearing the camp.

(Vi also has a pretty quick and clean auto-attack, so animation canceling like he mentions at the start isn't as pronounced on her as, say, Nautilus, or even Sejuani, but yes that stuff helps too).

1:35 shows how to kite camps with multiple monsters. There's a few instances where he changes direction while moving around the big krug and small krug follows suit, meaning it doesn't get an auto-attack off.

zkylon

zkylewd
did the tooltip that shows up when you hover on a friend break?

really annoying not to be able to see how far along in a game they are

drawkcaB

Finally, finally, I got my damn S rank and a chest with Bard. I've played worse games with my other supports that netted me S/S+ ratings. Turns out all I have to do is put together one of the best matches I've ever played as a support.

Bard is so damn good right now.

Newt

did the tooltip that shows up when you hover on a friend break?

really annoying not to be able to see how far along in a game they are
Man I really like this new client. It's great how it was forced on to everyone while it was completely half baked.

I mean, it's not like the old client had better performance and was more functional or anything.

Leezard

Talking about slow clients, I'm trying out HotS due to the event and the 20 free heroes deal.

Why are load times for HotS so ridiculously slow? I could've loaded into a League game 2 or 3 times by the time my loading bar gets finished in HotS. Both are on the same SSD, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I haven't played enough to judge the game yet though, just a couple of games.

Top Bottom