• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBox One Call of Duty Ghosts, confirmed only 18 players per Map (9 Per Team)

GodofWine

More interesting is VG Chartz is reporting the XBox1 pre-orders are more than the PS4 pre-orders of this game...

While their chartz are drawn in crayons...I can see this being true.

COD is the XBox shooter, Battlefield has more PS3 players than XBox 360, and KZ is currently lighting up amazons US charts (its top 10 right now and has already sold out its bundle) and is being bundled in Europe.

I really dont think COD is going to do 'COD numbers' on ps4, it will do well, probably outsell the other two (though an upset wouldnt shock me), but not by its usual margin.

TriGen

COD is the XBox shooter, Battlefield has more PS3 players than XBox 360, and KZ is currently lighting up amazons US charts (its top 10 right now and has already sold out its bundle) and is being bundled in Europe.

I really dont think COD is going to do 'COD numbers' on ps4, it will do well, probably outsell the other two, but not by its usual margin.

I agree with everything there. A lot more PS4 people will be getting Killzone/BF4, as oppose to COD. As someone that has both consoles pre-ordered. I got Killzone on PS4 and COD on XBO.

faridmon

so 64 players for xbox one BF4.
18 for COD.....

am i getting this correct ?

lol if that is the case, i don't know what to say. i just hope BF4 sell more this year. not because i hate COD, its because i want the developers to wake up and stop releasing the same game under different skins.

EDIT: typo 18 not 19 players COD

You don't know what you are talking about. So please stop talking rubbish!

That aside; Good since the maps are built to incorporate such small numbers anyway. I am not exactly expecting a huge jump anyway, since this is a transition year for COD (and Battlefield as well, if you think BF is doing wonders, you are kidding yourself) but its good that tend to work this series up so carefully not destroy and inbalance the MP.

The only worry I have is current Gen as I don't have any interest in buying the next gen consoles anytime soon.

18 is fine. No need to up the player count if the maps are the same size and you want to keep cod gameplay. 90% of the time everyone plays TDM anyway with 12 players just fine.

King_Moc

Banned
The word 'only' in the thread title makes this sound like it's a bad thing. It's CoD. Anyone that's played the PC version on a private server can tell you how shit it is with too many players on the map.

dorkimoe

call of duty map with more than 18 would be an absolute joke

These arent battlefield size maps and this has nothing to do with console power

Haines

Banned
whats wrong with 9 vs 9? do number suddenly mean better game play?

you better stay away from a goo cs game, it only has 5v5 in comp matches!

I really dont think COD is going to do 'COD numbers' on ps4, it will do well, probably outsell the other two (though an upset wouldnt shock me), but not by its usual margin.
Additionally it is US only "stats".

They're claiming that the increase this week for Xbox One was double that of PS4, and has now overtaken the PS4 version (it was previously behind). But yeah - this is VG Chartz and it is not official figures.

Top Bottom