• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When you are a guest but they have only cheap knock off Cola

Amory

This sort of thing happened to me as a kid at a friend's house.

For whatever reason this bread

gro_arnolds_ovnwht_z.jpg

literally made me want to vomit when my mom would make sandwiches with it. We always got what was on sale, so for a long time she bought this shit if it was on sale even though it triggered a gag reflex in me. Eventually she gave up and wouldn't buy it.

But lo and behold, my friend's mom was going to make us lunch using this bread.

I tried to be polite. I choked down like half of a half. Then 3/4 of a half. Slowly, slowly. Eventually it got stale in the sun, too.

When my friend went to use the bathroom I threw the other half over the fence into their neighbor's yard. I kinda want to buy a loaf of it now, and see if it's as bad as I remember it being.

Clockwork

Seriously though, sure different brand sodas taste different but that doesn't mean other ones are bad. If you enjoy cola it shouldn't be ab big deal.

In other news..

I just want to eat my Haribo Happy Cola gummi candies in peace.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Like generic Coke? Nah, we're good. I probably couldn't tell the difference, honestly. But don't offer me Coke and give me Pepsi. I ain't out here playing games.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Hahah, jeez. People are too goddamn dramatic about this stuff.

The differences between cola brands is greatly exaggerated.

xrnzaaas

Depends on the brand. Some knock offs for me taste better than Coca Cola. Maybe that's because Coca Cola in our country tastes worse than the one I tried abroad (most likely cheaper ingredients to save money).

Myriadis

I can taste the difference between Coke, Pepsi and others. While I prefer some over the others (Afri Cola and Fritz Cola are great, Coca Cola my least favorite) I certainly don't give a shit if someone gives me the cheap cola.

I only have store-brand cola.

However, I wouldn't say "Would you like some Coke™?"
I would say "Would you like some soda?"
Or "Would you like some cola?"
(Or, since I never have regular around, I would say "Would you like some diet cola?")

I hate this in restaurants.

"Can I have a coke, please?"

"Sure"

(Bring you a Pepsi)
I can deal with a Pepsi, but there's a restaurant downtown that's on the upside of casual dining. They serve RC Cola as their coke product. Yet, they have walls lined with bottles of wine of every price range. Like damn, is it really that hard to get a contract with coke or pepsi?

Phu

Banned
If someone offers me Coke and then doesn't give me Coke, I'm gonna say something. If you have RC or whatever don't fucking lie and say Coke.

Top Bottom