• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McGangBang........I'M lovin it

Status
Not open for further replies.

newsguy

Well, I just finished mine. A few observartions. The double cheesburger is no longer a dollar menu item, and there is no such thing as a spicy version of the McChicken sandwich (at least where I live). I made due by ordering the regular chicken sandwich and 2, 49 cent cheesburgers. The end result is a full stomach and the feeling that I may not make it through the rest of the day.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
So do we know who the original hero is that came up with the McGangBang?

I'm not a huge fan of McDonalds, so I tried to make a KFC version of the McGangBang but I was probably a bit over zealous and it was far too much for me to handle - first, I bought a Zinger Tower Burger and then complimented this with 3 Crispy Strips and then finally with a couple of extra hash browns and a couple of extra cheese slices I was ready to construct my burger which looked like this;

Bun > Zinger salsa > 1.5 crispy strips > cheese > hash brown > Zinger fillet > cheese > hash brown > cheese > 1.5 crispy strips > lettuce > mayo > bun

Waaaay too large, I really wouldn't reccomend it - next time I think i'll substitute the crispy strips for popcorn chicken, or maybe just not bother in favour of extending my life by a week or so :p

drizzle

Axel Hertz
So I made a Brazilian McGangBang today.

Unfortunately, there's no Double Cheeseburgers down here anymore. There's only something called McDuplo, which is two bread, two hamburgers, one slice of cheese in the middle and some sort of ketchup-like sauce with Pickles on top.

Our McChicken is more akin to the US Spicy Chicken, but it's too big and too expensive, so I asked for a Chicken Jr., which is more like the Dollar menu McChicken from the US.

Here's the result:

mcgangbangptbr.jpg

It was a little on the dry side (I guess the Chicken Jr. doesn't have enough mayonnaise), VERY fulfilling (much more than the regular options) and about the same price as any other menu item.

I was very pleased with the result and I can see myself making that my main McDonalds order from now on.

CrankyJay

Banned
drizzle said:
So I made a Brazilian McGangBang today.

Unfortunately, there's no Double Cheeseburgers down here anymore.

Yes. This is the equivalent to the "McDouble" which is on the dollar menu in the US.

Meadows

Banned
Why For? said:
Next time I go to Macca's I might splice a Filet-O-Fish and a McChicken and dub it the McBodybuilder.

Are you a kiwi, I'm British but my GF is from NZ and she always calls it Maccas. Anyone from Liverpool will call it Maccy Ds btw. Man I miss Liverpool.

retty

Neo Member
I still remember showing these things to a friend, needless to saw, they were impressed by the concept. If I ever go to mcdonalds again, I'll get this.

Bump etc.

Finally tried this after forgetting each time I go to McD's (rarely anymore).

So. Fucking. Good. I approve. Any other crazy suggestions, I am down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom