• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

what happened to drinky crow

Status
Not open for further replies.

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
I've been here since... fuck, I can't remember. I know it was back in the gaming-age/forums days, then we went to some shitty vbulletin host, before finally landing at neogaf.com. So probably 2000-2001-ish?

Goddamn, my gaf account is almost old enough to vote.

I've been lurking since 98. Didn't get an account until 2000 though. Right when the Doom 3 pics came out.

Ronabo

I don't post much, but I've been around since 2000. I still remember all the controversial "female" posters. (Mina, OMGlemurs, Waychul)

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
kittonwy-1.gif

Those were the best years of GAF for sure. XD

Man, I've been here 11 years. How crazy.

I started lurking Gaming Age in 2003 or 2004 for sales threads. Those sweet, sweet full data sets from NPD were amazing as were the Media Create threads leading up to and after the DS and PSP launch.

I actually got an account June 2005... I was 12 at the time? I was a weird kid. I cringe going back and looking at my posts now, but I remember I did get Drinky to respond to something I took the bait on way back. One of my crowning achievements!

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I'm actually a hamster IRL.

Really? I thought they were swell.

I am a Mormon and some of the stances they took against the church were unfair to the point of being ridiculous. The church has a lot of easy things to be mad at, but they almost wanted to invent problems, or misinterpret it's beliefs in ways i found to be deliberate.

They were both intelligent people with a lot to add to conversations, especially Hitokage, and we did make up sometime before his death, but that was after 13 years or so of being annoyed at him. :p Not sure why Ronito left, other than he was tired of the forum and the direction it has taken, iirc.

On another note, I remember everyone getting into Kohan, so I finally decided to buy it, and of course I bought the wrong version, lol. I think I played 3 games and quit once I bought the right one. Never was into strategy games. Lol

I started lurking Gaming Age in 2003 or 2004 for sales threads. Those sweet, sweet full data sets from NPD were amazing

You're welcome! ;)

I worked at Best Buy during the launch of the XBox/GameCube through Dec 2003 and was posted internal BB sales data, on which Gahiggidy developed an algorithm to extrapolate to the nation as a whole, and it was incredibly accurate, I remember. We knew how games and consoles were selling the same week they launched, nit a month or two later. :p

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I'm coming to post here in this Veterans-GAF thread. ☹️

Ha, same. Was hoping to get answers on Drinky but this'll do. :)

Joined in '01 after finding out about GAF since it had all the good rooms on the original Phantasy Star Online. Have been active pretty much ever since with a few lulls. Always enjoy spotting an old-school person I haven't seen in a while on a random thread.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Ha, same. Was hoping to get answers on Drinky but this'll do. :)

Joined in '01 after finding out about GAF since it had all the good rooms on the original Phantasy Star Online. Have been active pretty much ever since with a few lulls. Always enjoy spotting an old-school person I haven't seen in a while on a random thread.

Not sure if you still do it, but some of your baiting troll posts from days of yore still make me laugh. Just sitting back and watching someone fall into your trap was pure joy.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Been around since 2000, as many of you know. Had quite a prolific and loud demeanor as a teenager back then. Hahaha. One of my favorite moments on this forum might still be when we had a fake/wannabe 'Japanese' GAFer outed as a major liar and he wrote this amazing meltdown thread. The name escapes me at the moment, but that was some shit. Kitsune was it?

Found it.

Kitsune said:
Alright, I'm sick and tired of this.

But this isn't for you, not any of the gossipy muckety muck gutter****ing cock jockeys who can't mind their own business and thrive on people's controversies when they've done nothing to deserve them.

Whoever brought this out, I'll let you have your satisfaction: whatever you tried to do, you succeeded royally at messing up my real life. Go ahead and smile or whatever it is inhuman jackasses like you do. It won't change the fact that I know exactly who I am and I don't really care if anyone else doubts it. It matters not one bit when nothing changes for the reality of me: one Japanese guy living in Japan.

That's the last thing I have to say the GA Forum.

-----

But this.

This is for you.

I know you're reading this. I also know you can understand this. I still don't know how you got all this information, but I'll find out. I admit I don't know how someone could be so damn screwy in the head to go through all the effort you've gone through, especially over me.

But that doesn't change the fact that on top of that, I know who you are now. Yeah, go ahead and shake your head like I'm bluffing. You know in the depths of your nasty, mean little heart that I'm telling the truth.

You'll find out soon enough what the consequences are for doing what you've done to me over the past year and a half.

There's going to be no more fear, and no more harassment, at least not on my side. I'm going to live normally again no matter what you do.

I'd just like to let you know that's nothing changed in the last ten years. Oh yes. I've grown up and gone to live in the US and come back here and all that, but I'm still just as violent and cruel as you remember. If anything, I've only gotten stronger.

If you do one more thing to me...know this: no one will be able to hear you scream. And I won't make it quick.

And if you think you can use this for evidence, well you know now that what used to be your strength is now your weakness: no one will be able to track it to the real me.

-FoxSpiritShadow

kIdMuScLe

Man I been lurking Or join since 96-98... don't know when but I know it was before naruto came out I remember that...

Man I remember that one e3 where some game journalist troll GAF real bad where he said that Nintendo was throwing a free party for GAF at some tropical bar in Hollywood. Haha good times...

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Holy shit, FoxSpiritShadow... I remember that meltdown, but I always regaded FSS as a really good poster who was quite eloquent and reasoned in his arguments and game discussions. What prompted that epic meltdown?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Holy shit, FoxSpiritShadow... I remember that meltdown, but I always regaded FSS as a really good poster who was quite eloquent and reasoned in his arguments and game discussions. What prompted that epic meltdown?

Cyan did a basic summary in 2014:

I think that happened on PaleoGAF. So unless there's a goodcow archive, it might not be around any more.

*search*

Oh, never mind. Found a copy of it.

Context is that Kitsune had been very vocal about living in Japan and being Japanese and blah blah blah, and had just been outed as a liar.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I love it. That threat like he had some sort of power is so powerless nerd behind a keyboard it makes me cringe and laugh so hard. Seriously, like what a serial killer sociopath would say in an 80s movie when talking to a framed picture of the sheriff who put him behind bars.

BeeDog

I've been here for a bit over 10 years now (user id <25000, woo!), yet am quite incognito. Doubt members take note of me.

GAF is still almost as fun as when I started procrastrinating here, but I do miss some of the legendary old posters who did a lot to raise a stink now and then.

Magni

I joined in 2008. This thread makes me feel so young yet old.

Same here.

Would love to be able to do some data analysis on my posting history. I was a lot more prolific in the Halo 3 days, then dipped for a while, and now back up a bit (but nothing compared to before).

I found and regularly visited this forum less than a year after I made my Gamefaqs account which was January 2003 but wasn't able to make a GAF account until last year because I never had anything other than a free email account until then. I have to take the record for the longest lurking before making an account lol.

Gattsu25

Banned
I joined GAF in either 2000-2002. Don't remember the exact year but I remember it was sometime after Headhunter on Dreamcast was announced and when the game actually released.

mashoutposse pointed me toward the site as I had been slumming in on other forums.

I'll say it again.

The craziest GAF thread of all time still the thread where Jbaird just went totally mental.

I've honestly never seen anything like it personally happen on the internet in real time (vs stories and links to other crazy shit I wasn't there for).

Agreed. I was checking the forum a ton as GAF detectives picked apart his nonsense.

entremet

Does anyone remember the GAFFer that made cartoons in NPD threads and such?

He was an older fellow. Cool guy. I forget his name.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Who remembers Gigadent?

I think of all Sega fanboys, he may have been the most dedicated. Dedicated to the point of delusion...but dedicated nonetheless.

AlphaSnake

Of course I remember him.

Lazy8s >>> Gigadent though.

I think Lazy8s made a Dreamcast vs PS2 thread at least once a week, if my memory serves right.

Truth be told: GAF was a tough place back then. The fights were epic and childish at the same time. The elitism was through the roof, but it simply came off as arrogance looking back at it. Even the OT was tough - if you liked a certain band or movie that someone else didn't like, you were piled on big time. Hahaha. Today those kinds of disagreements would lead to banhammers all around.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Let's go back further and talk about Futami, Deadmeat, and opa-opa.

EDIT - OT tough? There was no OT! You just put "OT" in front of the thread title! Ah, good times.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I remember many long, drawn out arguments with Deadmeat. He made Sega fans like myself look like assholes. Couldn't stand the guy. Between him and Gigadent, the fanboys on the board made it almost unbearable at times. I believe Gigadent got busted with a receipt he found online trying to pass it off to prove he had bought an XBox, only to be so disappointed that he was returning it, or some other bullshit.

Throw in a little RiskyChris, aka: outrage personified, and the most vile internet personalities inhabited to board from time to time.

On the other hand, you had people like Gumby, who was a veritable piece of shit (I believe he was the guy who revealed Olimario's gf's nudes, right?), who was also absolutely hilarious. He once made a thread, that I wish was archived so I could go back every time I need a deep belly-laugh, about a website called crazyhatsandties.com or something. His captions below the pictures of people wearing ridiculous hats had me on the floor coughing from laughing so hard.

I made a gif avatar after he got banned (for creating multiple usernames after he was banned and got caught), basically saying. "Free Gumby" and then had scrolling images of the pictures he had used and got banned myself for inciting an uprising, lol.

AlphaSnake

I remember many long, drawn out arguments with Deadmeat. He made Sega fans like myself look like assholes. Couldn't stand the guy. Between him and Gigadent, the fanboys on the board made it almost unbearable at times. I believe Gigadent got busted with a receipt he found online trying to pass it off to prove he had bought an XBox, only to be so disappointed that he was returning it, or some other bullshit.

Hahahaha. Yeah that was me. He said he was disappointed with the system or some shit and that it sucked. He kept bashing it, that he wanted to like it, etc. And it all came off too fake and I asked him to prove he has the system with a simple test. Count how many ridges the console had on its sides and some other crap. He had the count way off (especially considering the console was symmetrical - he had two different counts per side) and then posted a "receipt" so badly photoshopped it burst the thread wide open.

So before Whitney Houston asked for receipts, there was my thread. Looking back, it was so stupid. But I was like 17 at the time and had nothing better to do but troll around.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Forgot all about opa...

He hasn't forgotten about us. I believe that Opa-Age still thrives in an angry, alt-right sort of way.

EDIT: I should say, the people who end up there are usually banned pieces of shit, but it doesn't mean their politics always are. If I had to bet, however, I could see a correlation between the two. :p

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Hahahaha. Yeah that was me. He said he was disappointed with the system or some shit and that it sucked. He kept bashing it, that he wanted to like it, etc. And it all came off too fake and I asked him to prove he has the system with a simple test. Count how many ridges the console had on its sides and some other crap. He had the count way off (especially considering the console was symmetrical - he had two different counts per side) and then posted a "receipt" so badly photoshopped it burst the thread wide open.

So before Whitney Houston asked for receipts, there was my thread. Looking back, it was so stupid. But I was like 17 at the time and had nothing better to do but troll around.

Hey, busting pieces of shit is always a noble pursuit. Unfortunately, the side effect of detective GAF side quest busts meant that the whole operation got shut down. I loved seeing how much information well-informed posters could glean about a bullshitter to expose them. It was excellent fun.

Even back in my days as a young, aspiring contributor, there were more characters here. It's so clean these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom