• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 12 |OT| Mama, I'm Coming Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the secrets thing is gone I might have to try watching again. So much bad writing because they didn't know how to create tension without the Winchesters keeping secrets so shit bites them in the ass.

Oh I'm sure it's only a matter of episodes before one of the brothers determines the best solution is for him to sacrifice himself and not divulge that information until the last minute. Or maybe they wrote in Mary just so she can take on that trope and save us from another bro-breakup episode.

Media

Oh I'm sure it's only a matter of episodes before one of the brothers determines the best solution is for him to sacrifice himself and not divulge that information until the last minute. Or maybe they wrote in Mary just so she can take on that trope and save us from another bro-breakup episode.

She better take them to task on the bullshit.

Wow, you don't hear something like that happening often with a TV series so late into its life. Will watch, thanks!

I need to watch 11 again to confirm, but it definitely belongs alongside 4 and 5. And it has 2 of the all time great episodes of the series in it.

Media

I need to watch 11 again to confirm, but it definitely belongs alongside 4 and 5. And it has 2 of the all time great episodes of the series in it.

I'm guessing Baby and Don't Call me Shurly? Cause if so I agree.

Fare the well, oh honey...
Also the Imagination one was so much better than I thought it would be, legit amazing.

Also the Imagination one was so much better than I thought it would be, legit amazing.
Those are the two. A friend just went through season 11 and I kept hyping up Don't Call Me Shurly to him. He said I didn't sell it enough. I need to dig up the posts last season when that aired, because I think that caught all of us off guard because it had no hype going in (unlike Baby), but we all probably knew we were in for something special in the first five minutes.

And the imagination one was much better than I anticipated.

Definitely one of the standout seasons of the show.

Kevin

What sucks is that the writer of those two episodes left at the end of that season to go work on I believe Jessica Jones.

What sucks is that the writer of those two episodes left at the end of that season to go work on I believe Jessica Jones.
Sigh. Looked over his IMDB. He wrote some great episodes.

Also, his social media is fun. I always think one GAFfer is him due to the same avatar.

Baby wss a real treat because we all thought it was going to suck. Like, its episode details made it sound like a flat out trash filler episode. But nope! Luckily we were all so, so wrong.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Finally caught the season opener, it was ok i guess but i can't help but dislike the tone the episode took. Everyone was mostly just angry or in full on rage mode.

The moment with mary and dean by the car was pretty damn funny though.

So far i am not expecting really feeling these antagonists because uh they're kinda hard to root against. Sure they're rich and have money i guess but they're not exactly doing anything questionable yet. I kept wishing Sam would just talk because why not? Unless I missed something (other than the obvious - we are gonna be the villainous organization) they didn't really seem to want anything more than to fix the USAs monster problems.

Also sam could have been a bit more proactive than that...just a choke? Didn't even confiscate the prod.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I really really really don't understand why the men/women of letters act so shitty o.o...why not just call them and drink a cup of coffee together? It's so unrealistic for me.
"hey sam and dean, we are the the british men of letters and would like to drink a cup of coffee together and talk about killing every demon on earth and shit, you up for it?"
eh.

and lol @ the kid with the PSVita.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I really really really don't understand why the men/women of letters act so shitty o.o...why not just call them and drink a cup of coffee together? It's so unrealistic for me.
"hey sam and dean, we are the the british men of letters and would like to drink a cup of coffee together and talk about killing every demon on earth and shit, you up for it?"
eh.

and lol @ the kid with the PSVita.

because when things are working out for you, and not for others, some get the idea that the others are failures and not worth listening to, rather than the fact that the others have far more on their plate with incredibly few resources. then again, sam and dean should have reformed the american men of letters years ago

They should have picked another country to house such a braggadocious men/women of letter chapter. How can they even begin to think tackling ridding America of monsters is in anyway comparable to accomplishing it in the water-locked United Kingdoms? Just makes them seem stupid. It's especially amusing given the amount of villains from Scotland throughout the series, not to mention the Banshee from Ireland. Their success must be somewhat recent.

The Hobo

Just makes them seem stupid. It's especially amusing given the amount of villains from Scotland throughout the series, not to mention the Banshee from Ireland. Their success must be somewhat recent.

She said there hadn't been a monster attack in Britain since the late 1800s.

She said there hadn't been a monster attack in Britain since the late 1800s.

Well the banshee was from 1985 (I think? definitely 80s). I know Ireland is not 'Britain' but you'd think maybe they'd have cleared out their neighbors before thinking they can fix an entire continent's worth of monsters, no? Also wasn't Crowley's bones in Britain? They did a crappy job of finding them...

We all know the reason they're British though. We love the accent in our Media over here.

dabig2

I for one don't buy the no monster attack since XXXX. Or at least I think there's a lot more to it. Here's what I think will happen because here's no way this smug ass brit is correct about this shady ass covert org and also based on common tropes: there are several monsters in the upper echelon of that organization that run interference for their monster friends doing their monster activities on the downlow.

Yeah, I was thinking the head(s) of the British letters chapter is going to end up being some type of non-human entity. Maybe they realized the Winchesters took out all the bigger-baddies, leaving them top of the food-chain to be targeted next. Basically monster Illuminati. One reason I could really see them for keeping such close eye on the brothers.

Talents

Banned
Caught all the way up with Supernatural now and can start watching weekly now. Sucks that I can't just watch 6 episodes in a row, now I have to wait a week between episodes.

Pejo

Other than Sam
amateurishly leaving the English woman free after choking her out temporarily,
that episode was pretty cool. I'm really hopeful that this season is going to take the scale of the plot way down from God and Sister God, which is a great thing.

I'm liking the mechanic between Dean and his mom, I feel a lot of the brother drama this season might be diverted to mother/sons drama, which is a nice little change.

I still wish they'd have brought Bobby back instead. *Balls!*

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah, I was thinking the head(s) of the British letters chapter is going to end up being some type of non-human entity. Maybe they realized the Winchesters took out all the bigger-baddies, leaving them top of the food-chain to be targeted next. Basically monster Illuminati. One reason I could really see them for keeping such close eye on the brothers.

Well, there are still a number of Alphas out in the world we haven't seen.

Other than Sam
amateurishly leaving the English woman free after choking her out temporarily,
that episode was pretty cool. I'm really hopeful that this season is going to take the scale of the plot way down from God and Sister God, which is a great thing.

I'm liking the mechanic between Dean and his mom, I feel a lot of the brother drama this season might be diverted to mother/sons drama, which is a nice little change.

I still wish they'd have brought Bobby back instead. *Balls!*

Bobby deserves a second chance, alongside Rufus. They're just too amazing to leave dead.

Talents

Banned
Is there a reason that we never see older John Winchester like in Season 1 and 2? Why is it always younger John? Have we even seen older John since season 2?

because when things are working out for you, and not for others, some get the idea that the others are failures and not worth listening to, rather than the fact that the others have far more on their plate with incredibly few resources. then again, sam and dean should have reformed the american men of letters years ago
It's like a British regulatory agency, thinking it can reform American ISPs. "Just unbundle the last loop and have hundreds of competing ISPs!" Yeah, good luck.

Plus, I thought every continent had different monster species. I guess they are retconning that, though.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
It's like a British regulatory agency, thinking it can reform American ISPs. "Just unbundle the last loop and have hundreds of competing ISPs!" Yeah, good luck.

Plus, I thought every continent had different monster species. I guess they are retconning that, though.

like everything, monsters most likely originate from one place, but migrate to others. especially if england in knocking all its monsters off

Imagine all the dangerous poisonous monsters that must live in Australia, they either have the best and most numerous hunters on earth or their government is fully aware of monsters.

Numb

England not having anything happen in decades .
As believable as everything ever happening to the Winchesters mostly

Oh, really? No monsters?

Nigel-Farage-236142.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom